Four Rivers Environmental Education Center Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Shannon
    Shannon M. Married on 10/02/2021

Four Rivers Environmental Education Center

In January of 2019 we were able to attend an open house with the venue, meet with vendors, look over different decoration styles, and book our date. It was so convenient and the location is beautiful. The whole area is a forest preserve with beautiful scenery for the perfect wedding photos and for the best day. What I really love about this venue is that you get to rent the place for 12 hours and it is for only your wedding making your special day even more special and intimate to enjoy with all your loved ones. Also the venue is all natural wood beams and elegant with very few decorations needed to make it gorgeous for your day. I cannot wait to celebrate our day here.
  • Thea
    Thea Married on 09/14/2019

Great venue

We had no idea this facility existed until our wedding search. The site is beautiful, and can easily suit many different needs. We used the shelter for our ceremony, and moved into the hall for our reception. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!
    The price is very affordable, and the staff (especially Mary) were great to work with. I would highly recommend Four Rivers! The only drawback for us was that they have a list of preferred caterers. Overall, we still absolutely loved our venue.
  • Cory
    Cory K. Married on 09/06/2019

Could not have asked for a better venue

If you are looking for a fantastic venue for an outdoor wedding with a onsite reception, then this is the place! Between the beautiful venue, the affordability and the great staff at Four Rivers, we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. Mary and her team were extremely helpful and flexible with all of our requests and were extremely accommodating. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking in the Chicago area.
    Aly G. Married on 08/31/2019

Beautiful Venue and Great Staff

This venue is definitely a hidden gem in Channahon, IL! The venue and its surroundings are absolutely beautiful. The planning process went so smoothly because Mary answered my questions so quickly and gave great suggestions. The staff at Four Rivers are dedicated to helping your day run so smoothly as well! We would totally recommend this venue!
    Lauren O. Married on 08/10/2019

Wonderful Experience

Four Rivers location, room, and staff were all excellent to work with. Mary and her team were responsive and flexible! It was a great wedding venue!
    Shelby W. Married on 08/03/2019

Rustic Wedding

I could not have picked a better wedding venue, it was such an amazing event. The staff at Four Rivers is so helpful and we’re willing to help with anything they could. Leading up the wedding, I was able to get in a couple times with someone and walk the venue to get an idea of decorations. The venue itself is beautiful and perfect if you are looking for a rustic theme for your wedding. We loved Four Rivers and would highly recommend it to anyone!
  • Marie
    Marie J. Married on 07/19/2019

Perfect Venue

We had a wonderful wedding at Four Rivers. The space and land is absolutely stunning, and the area is nice and secluded. The grounds and building are kept very nice and everything is clean. I can’t say enough good things about the staff - they are attentive, helpful, and have a wonderful eye for detail. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a small-medium sized wedding (no more than 150 guests allowed) that wants to be in nature.
  • April
    April Married on 06/29/2019

Love this place!

I have always wanted an outdoor wedding but we all know how our Illinois weather can be. This place has that outdoor feel with the luxury of the indoors. The huge windows give full views of the beautiful landscape and the river. The staff was very tentative throughout the whole night, Cylee and Lynn were awesome! Everyone loved the food from caterer we chose. Huge bridal room for you and all your girls to get ready. Wouldn't change a thing!
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 10/27/2018

Love Four Rivers!

My husband and I had a destination wedding but decided to have a reception at Four Rivers to celebrate with all our family and friends. When we were looking at venues to book the first thing I noticed was that the staff was so quick to respond. I was quickly able to tour the facility and talk details with the staff. Believe me when I say they make everything so easy! I only had to visit once and they gave me a packet of all the information I needed. I booked that day without touring anywhere else. The list of caterers they offer is great, and everyone loved the caterer we chose! The banquet room is absolutely gorgeous at night with the wood, windows, water view, and lighting. Everything was set up perfectly and the staff was so helpful the day of making sure everything went smoothly! I loved that they had a bridal room with a big bathroom for myself and the wedding party to use and freshen up in. The property they are located on in is beautiful! All my guests could not stop talking about how pretty of a venue it was! I'd book them 1,000 times over again!
    Kathryn B. Married on 10/13/2018

excellent service beautiful venue amazing staff helpful and professional

Excellent service in every way! Mary and Cylee were amazing! Very responsive, helpful, patient, and professional. They truly made our event easy. So many compliments on venue. Have and will continue to recommend. Thank you!
    April Married on 09/29/2018
    Four Rivers was amazing!!! Mary and Cylee were so sweet and amazing to work with. The venue was beautiful and they coordinated all my vendors with ease. Would highly recommend Four Rivers!!!! I had my ceremony and reception here and both were beautiful.
    Holly Married on 08/18/2018
    Four Rivers is an absolutely stunning venue that provided our dream wedding. The staff was very personable and made such an effort to ensure it was the perfect day for us. Any questions we had, they provide a quick and timely answer, and even added in some thoughts/ideas to ensure we were happy. Day of staff was just as amazing and tentative to any need we had. The vendor selection was large with a wide array of price points, allowing you to budget accordingly. We were very happy with the overall service provided to us and would recommend the venue to everyone.
    Alexis Married on 05/26/2018
    The venue is reasonably priced considering comparable venues, and the location is stunning. So many great opportunities for pictures! The staff was super helpful and accommodating - they even allowed us to come in and decorate before our rental period because they did not have any events booked the day before our wedding. Highly recommend.
    Meghan Married on 05/19/2018
    First of all, thank you to the staff of Four Rivers for helping make it such a memorable day. From the beginning the staff was responsive to our emails and calls. They offered suggestions regarding decorations and set-up for the wedding ceremony and reception. The day of the wedding the staff was wonderful. They were always available and on top of all our needs. The help given with the reception set-up is greatly appreciated. The bride’s room is quite large, lockable and has its own bathroom. It made getting ready so much easier. Everything flowed wonderfully from the ceremony at the Pavilion to the reception in the hall. Outside and by the fireplace made for great photos. Our guests commented on how beautiful it is at Four Rivers.
    Nicole Married on 10/21/2017
    My husband and I had a FABULOUS experience with Four Rivers! The staff was always accommodating and readily available to answer any question we had. I was so appreciative of all their hard work and dedication to making our day perfect. We HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend having you special event at this venue! You certainly will not be disappointed!
    Dave Married on 10/07/2017
    Extremely flexible with great selection of vendors to support your event.
    Brianne Married on 09/30/2017
    They were awesome answering my questions and day of support. Couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out!
    Karina Married on 05/27/2017
    The Staff is amazing to work with (Deb, Mary and Kylie)! They are there to make sure EVERYTHING is exactly how you want it to be and look. They went above and beyond to make our already special day Extra Special! The Location/Facility is absolutely breathtaking! The bridal room is huge and has a large bathroom to get ready! You're guests will rave about it for months to come! My husband and I had a close to perfect wedding day and we are 100% grateful we chose Four Rivers :-)
    Casey Married on 09/17/2016
    Four Rivers is a gorgeous venue along the river for a very affordable price. Everyone on the staff was super helpful and very accommodating to our needs. Even our photographer said it was an awesome place to get pictures at sunset. I would/am going to highly recommend this place!!!
    Nykole Married on 07/23/2016
    I had a great wedding at four rivers! Everyone was so helpful! It was a million degrees for our day and they made it great! I would highly recommend this and everyone told us they loved the venue! They catered to everything we wanted. It was awesome! Super affordable too!
    Courtney Married on 06/04/2016
    We had such a great time at Four Rivers. It is absolutely beautiful and we had many compliments about it. We had the ceremony under the shelter and reception was held in the grand ball room. The staff is wonderful to work with. They truly care about you and are extremely helpful and want to make sure your day is extra special. I really enjoyed working with Mary and Victoria. We used Uncle Bubs catering which was also excellant. Victoria did a great job of coordinating with them as well as my DJ and photographer. We wouldn't have had our wedding any other way. I highly reccomend this venue and staff to work with!!!
    Ashley Married on 04/23/2016
    I absolutely loved this venue! The views of the river and wild life are amazing and the staff were so polite and helpful.
    Sydney Married on 09/25/2015
    We absolutely loved getting married here! Mary is incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. On the day of, she coordinated with my vendors to ensure everything went off without a hitch. It was such a stress free day thanks to the staff at Four Rivers and our other vendors. We used Duke's Catering, one of their preferred vendors. Mo is fantastic and really went above and beyond what I would expect a caterer to do for a wedding. The food was delicious, and the wait staff was friendly and prompt. We received so many compliments on how unique our wedding venue was. It was a beautiful day all around!
  • User2317497 2+ years ago
    BEAUTIFUL VENUE. Everything from the wedding to the reception was perfection. Mary is wonderful and continued to check on us throughout the planning process so everyone was aware of any changes or needs.
    Tricia Married on 06/13/2015
    I absolutely loved getting married here. The venue and grounds were gorgeous and the staff was nothing short of amazing. They were so flexible with all the arrangements we needed to make as well. For example, I am a competitive roller figure skater, and I wanted to skate on the floor with my father for our first dance, and they had no problem with this! They truly do everything they can to make you feel special and to make your day go exactly the way they planned. We also used Uncle Bub's Catering (on their preferred list) and the coordinated so well with everything! Nothing short of perfection!