Forks & Fingers Reviews

Forks & Fingers View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Sarah T. Married on 06/05/2021

Forks and Fingers are the epitome of professionalism

Forks and Fingers could not have made our day any more perfect. Not only were our guests raving about the delicious food, but the waitstaff and bartenders were so kind and thoughtful to us and all of our guests. Everyone made comments to me about how friendly and helpful they were throughout the night, obliging to their every request. They made separate plates of food for us, constantly asked my husband and I if we needed anything. Dave, the catering manager, coordinated the day flawlessly, and never let it be known how hard they were working behind-the-scenes. He checked in with my mother, myself and my husband to make sure we were completely satisfied throughout the day. If you want delicious food and immaculate service - F and F is the caterer for you!

Forks & Fingers's reply:

I heard it was quite the wedding and you and your family are lovely. The staff enjoyed working with you, they were equally singing your praises. I'm happy everything worked out in the end as it was a huge leap for you to have to start over during Covid. Now we need another event!
  • Fatima
    Fatima Married on 11/30/2019

Tasting for November Wedding

My fiancé and I recently had our tasting with Forks and Fingers for our approaching wedding in November. In one sentence we would say this was one of the best tasting meals we have ever had from beginning to end. Each hors d’oeuvre that Mark created after our meeting with him and Stephanie was spot-on. Mark was able to embody my desire for vegetarian friendly Asian food, Kris’s desire for carnivorous options, and our shared love of seafood into a seamless assortment of foods. Even the simple details that can be easily overlooked, like bread and butter, were absolutely delcious. We LOVED the spicy bean dip and everything butter that Mark paired with a variety of rustic breads. What really made us fall in love with Forks and Fingers though were Mark and Stephanie’s genuine and professional attitudes. It is clear that they are invested in making our big day as amazing as possible. We cannot wait for our guests to experience what Mark and Stephanie have so thoughtfully put together for us. They have artfully put our love for such a variety of foods into one evening. Kris and I could not be happier with the way each choice has significance to our personal tastes and our shared memories with food. We can’t wait for our guests to enjoy everything Forks and Fingers has in store for our reception!
    Christopher A. Married on 09/15/2019

Best Ever!

Best Decision and Experience! I feel that FNF are family now. From our initial call with Steph, the menu from Mark - the food. The preparation, styling/display, plating of the food (did I mention the food) and service was AMAZING. It made us so happy for all the guests to rave about what we already knew. Till next time FNF, THANK YOU for adding so much to our special day!
    Kaitlin M. Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing food, amazing people!

It was such a pleasure to be able to work with Forks and Fingers! We knew how great everything would be after our initial tasting with Mark, which was in itself such a lovely experience. He and Steph worked to create a perfectly curated menu and we were able to taste each and every dish that would eventually be served at the wedding, which was greatly appreciated! Steph was there for us every step of the way to answer all of our questions, including everything with our rentals! Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious all of the food was, and how much they loved the family-style service. They also loved the oyster shucker during cocktail hour! Our venue was not easily accessible and had limited cooking space, but they made everything work seamlessly! The entire team and staff was professional and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend them for your wedding or any other event where you are looking for catering!
  • Bianca
    Bianca A. Married on 09/07/2019

Couldn't be Happier!!

Forks & Fingers was one of the best decisions we made for vendors for our wedding. Their food is absolutely delicious, all of our guests were raving about the roasted chicken a& the pesto tortellini for days after the wedding. Debbie was so responsive and helpful throughout the whole process and their staff was so kind and professional. We felt so lucky to have them as our caterer and would seriously recommend them for any event!

Forks & Fingers's reply:

Hi Bianca, what a wonderful review, I'm so sorry, but I think you have the wrong Forks & Fingers. We're located in Connecticut and unfortunately, we don't have a Debbie here. I just want the correct person to get our accolades. Congratulations on your wedding!

Steph
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra E. Married on 08/31/2019

Exceptional Food!

The highlight of our wedding planning experience. Forks & Fingers gives you the most amazing opportunity to taste and try all of the meals before the wedding and Stephanie and Mark were absolutely wonderful to work with. They all went above and beyond to make our wedding everything we wanted it to be. We will definitely be using them again in the future if we have another big event, but they come highly recommended!! Thank you guys for everything!!
    Molly Married on 06/09/2018
    Using Forks & Fingers was the best decision we made for our wedding. Steph and her team are absolutely fantastic. From every step of the process, they made us feel important and our happiness a top priority. They had us fill out a questionnaire in the beginning which was SO vital in helping them create a menu that fit our personalities and vision. It's hard to imagine people you barely know capturing your relationship through food, but they really hit the nail on the head. This process speaks to how dedicated this team is to giving you a one of a kind event and experience. Aside from the food and presentation being AMAZING, Steph honestly saved my wedding day. With my planner being an amateur and probably one of the less thought out decisions I made for the wedding, Steph jumped in and went above and beyond her role as caterer. I truly believe she was a major part of the reason our day was so perfect. I will never use another caterer again!
    Beth Married on 06/10/2017
    Mark, Steph and the entire Forks and Fingers team made our home wedding truly spectacular. They helped us plan the perfect menu for our event with food and drink that delighted our guests. F&F delivered an elevated restaurant experience right to our home with staff who were professional and friendly. Their attention to details, from beautiful presentation to colorful and elegant garnishes, was exceptional. F&F gets our highest recommendation.
    Julia Married on 09/19/2015
    Stephanie and Mark did such an incredible job with everything! All of the food was FANTASTIC! I can't tell you how many people came up to me during the wedding and remarked on how delicious everything was. Stephanie was a pleasure to work with, and they showed a great commitment to making our day run as smoothly as possible.
  • User2331865 2+ years ago
    I am beyond thankful that we stumbled upon Forks and Fingers catering for our wedding. Steph and Mark are by far the nicest and most flexible company we contacted! They were extremely supportive throughout the entire planning process. They assisted us in finding our tent rentals, table and chair rentals and even our ice cream truck!!! Multiple people at our wedding told us that it was the best food that they had EVER had at a wedding and they couldn't believe they actually ate their entire meal at a wedding. If you are looking for food that is more extraordinary than any other wedding food you have had - look no further! They also catered our brunch the next morning, which was equally as delicious as dinner. We are so thankful for both of them!
    Carol Married on 08/08/2015
    Selecting Forks and Fingers as the caterer for our daughter's wedding was the best decision we could have made. The end results exceeded our expectations. The menu and presentation were creative, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent! Stephanie and Mark are a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend them.
  • User2288377 2+ years ago
    Stephanie & Mark provided assistance with all aspects of our outdoor event from menu planning, to tableware. They are an absolute pleasure to work with and excecuted beyond expectations. Thank you Forks & Fingers. Our guests were blown away, and are still talking about the best party of the year.
    Lou Event on: 07/26/2015
    My wife and I have a large summer party every year and have used Stephanie & Mark and their team since their inception, the food, quality of staff, event planning, and uniqueness are the best. I would highly recommend them for any event, large or small.
    Kelly Married on 07/18/2015
    Forks and fingers help make my wedding exactly what we wanted it to be!! We wanted something different, not formal, but delicious and they took the foods we loved and turned them into gourmet appetizers! Our guests raved about the food and I couldn't be happier with the end result!!
    Monique K. Married on 06/06/2015
    Forks & Fingers catered our destination wedding on Block Island, RI on 6-6-15. Mark, Stephanie and their crew are so incredibly accommodating, professional, and pleasant to work with. Planning a wedding on an island that "sleeps" most of winter certainly had its challenges - requiring a lot of the details to remain on hold until just a short time before the wedding. Stephanie was our Number 1 cheerleader throughout the entire process, reminding us that it would all work out. And she was so right! It truly was the perfect day! Mark and Stephanie took the time to listen to our ideas and tailored a menu that was personal to us and fitting for an island wedding - casual, yet elegant. Our guests would not stop raving about how delicious everything was! The presentation, the quality, the taste, and the service was outstanding! Our Signature Cocktail was a surprise ... and a HUGE hit! Our tasting was fit for a King & Queen! Forks & Fingers goes above and beyond to make sure that your event menu and décor is customized exactly the way you want it and MORE!! Stephanie has an eye for design and detail, and Mark is an artistic genius when it comes to creating dishes! We would recommend them ten-fold for any event that you may be planning!!
    Jerry Married on 08/30/2014
    Fabulous food and beverages; discreet service; cheerful, calm, professional management. Our guests were taken care of by Forks and Fingers in a way that we would care for them in our own home. Many compliments!
    Tucker Married on 08/30/2014
    Forks and Fingers did an extraordinary job on our wedding! The service was beyond outstanding, very personable, knowledgeable, and competent. We are still receiving compliments on service in October. The food was equally wonderful and the chefs and event director were both flexible and responsive to all of our requests. Truly a superlative experience for us and our guests.
    Troy Married on 08/30/2014
    Forks and Fingers so much to say so little room. First I must say I (“we”) are very particular (some might use other words) about my food and what I’m feeding my guests. I met with all of the top named caterers you see on the knot and wedding wire. I came across Forks and Fingers from a recommendation from a family friend who had their food at a catered event. My wife and I met with Stephanie and Mark, and after meeting with multiple caterers before Stephanie and Mark and not feeling a connection we had low expectations. We had a vision of what our food was going to be at our wedding. Going into our first meeting we presented our ideas of what we wanted for our food and Mark took right off making suggestions and really did everything to help make our ideas and menu come alive. A few examples of our ideas and what was on our menu we had stations consisting of soft shell grab, lobster rolls, steak, lamb chops, lobster mac and cheese, risotto bar, mashed potatoes bar, sword fish, and desserts such as crème Brule, homemade ice cream sandwiches, cannoli’s , and after sliders, fries and malt shakes. Our menu was quiet large for 150 guests.
    We had the impression that caterers just helped create the menu and make the food, but no. Stephanie helped out so much providing us all the contacts, support, and companies we needed for chairs, tents, and etc. she was the wedding planner we never hired. Together they both created an event people will never forget. Their staff was on point and catered to each guest and assisted with whatever we needed.
    I can say when my brother had his wedding at Blake Street in their prime I said no meal will compare to this! Mark and Stephanie out did my expectations which were set very high. The food was the “best food” I have ever had at a wedding, it was truly amazing! Everyone who walked out of that wedding was on a food high! You will not find a better catering team in the state of Connecticut!
  • User1741706 Event on: 07/26/2014
    The staff of Forks & Fingers are terrific! Everything was perfect, the food, service etc. I truly was able to enjoy myself and my guests.
    Sarah Married on 07/12/2014
    Stephanie and Mark from Forks and Fingers are amazing. We met with them in fall of 2013 for our July 2014 wedding, we discussed a price point they then made up a menu based on our tastes, where we like to eat out and based on our venue my parents back yard. The menu was amazing and the most inclusive menu we had among the caterers we looked at, no pick 3 apps, pick 2 entrees. They also worked out a bar/drink selection for us...as we were doing beer, wine and 2 signature drinks. Stephanie was always in contact with us, just an email/phone call away for schedule/timeline/food questions. Mark's food is amazing and they were great about accommodating one guest with Celiac's disease. Everyone raved about the food during the wedding and afterwards too. We ended up with lots of left overs which the family loved! The chess display was amazing and nice compliment to the passed apps.We had 3 dinner options and the mashed potato/risotto bar (amazing), and Mexican street corn which my parents raved about and my favorite part the desserts. We skipped the cake and went for mini desserts, do me a favor get the ice cream sandwich cookies...to die for! Our wedding ended at 10 and they were clean up and out of there by 11, it looked like it never even happened they picked up everything! There staff was great to work with very friendly and easy going. We keep joking we need to find another reason to have a party just so we can use them as a caterer! Amazing from start to finish, cannot think of one negative thing to say. Just a delight to work with, we were over the moon with their services.
    Ellen Event on: 06/14/2014
    From the moment you meet Stephanie (Owner) of Forks & Fingers you need not worry about anything. She helped us with the process with such ease. The food was absolutely fantastic. All our guests loved everything we choose (Summer Picnic Menu) and every soup, salad, main dish, side dishes and the desserts were so delicious. Her staff Aja and Jamal were just spectacular. They had everything going from appetizers to the food and drink out on time. They were gracious and courteous and so wonderful to all of our guests. I would not hesitate to recommend Forks & Fingers for any venue. Some of our guests are already looking forward to using Forks & Fingers for their own party. Thank you Forks & Fingers
    Ellen Event on: 05/19/2014
    Forks & Fingers catered a graduation dinner for my daughter and everything about it was perfect. I worked with Stephanie in planning the dinner and she was professional, responsive, sensitive to preferences, allergies and budget in creating the menu. She also coordinated the tables, linen and the tent that we needed. The dinner was delicious--from the salads to the main courses to desserts, every dish was phenomenal. The staff--the two servers as well as the two who barbecued--were also professional and helpful and a delight. I highly recommend Forks & Fingers!!!
    Philip Event on: 04/27/2014
    These folks are the real deal. Awesome value with top quality... all too rare in the industry. I will be using them again for Christmas if they are not booked solid...
    Philip K.
    Milford, Ct
    Sylvia Event on: 12/28/2013
    I would certainly use Forks and Fingers again for any future events. They were awesome to work with, the food was absolutely fantastic, the selections were all delicious (the guests are still raving about the wide and delicious selections), and the servers and chef who came to my home were so very professional, polite and responsive to all the guests. Best of all, I did nothing! All the food, utensils, dishes, etc. were brought in from Forks and Fingers, and then, when they left, any leftovers were wrapped and placed in the refrigerator, and the kitchen was left spotless. I went to bed knowing I did not have to clean up the next day. How sweet is that! Oh, and the desserts were mouth-watering! Oh, I am getting hungry now!
  • User1505831 Event on: 12/05/2013
    Forks & Fingers has catered our department holiday party for the past two years. The food was beautifully presented and delicious! The staff were very professional and attended to all details to ensure our party was a success.