Forest House Lodge Reviews

Forest House Lodge 5
Forest House Lodge 6
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 12/15/2018

They made my wedding dreams come true

Hands down could not have found a better wedding venue! I recently got married here on December 15, 2018 and am still on a high from how amazing the weekend was. They treat you like royalty and are so willing to help you bring any reasonable wedding wish to life. My style is unlike most wedding decor (we are more on the rock side/lots of black with skulls and metal music) and the crew at Forest House Lodge delivered better than I could have asked. This venue offers a package deal that includes meals, bar tab, rooms, wedding cake, decor..and yeah it does cost more than I could say but honestly I get why because of the level of the service and quality work you get. For instance, we had our dog in our wedding as our flower girl and minutes before the ceremony we can't find her leash..an employee comes out with her Kate Spade purse strap and gives it to me to use so that we don't have to resort to use a neon orange tie down. I mean come on, who else would do this for someone you don't even know!! And Trevor, the bar manager, hands down one of the coolest, most relaxed, and fun bartenders. I could go on and on about all the people here I am thankful for. If you are looking for a wedding venue, I highly recommend checking this place out! From the moment you start the tour you will be hooked.

Forest House Lodge 7
    Forest House Lodge 8
    Forest House Lodge 9
    Forest House Lodge 10
    Forest House Lodge 11
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 10/07/2018

Best wedding venue EVER

If I could give this venue 10 stars I would. I can’t say enough good things about them. Our wedding day was AMAZING and completely STRESS-FREE which is exactly what you want for such a large event.
    Planning- They have an amazing team of coordinators who worked with us in the months leading up to our wedding. We first met with Brie who took in all of our details and got the ball rolling for us. She wound up taking a position elsewhere about a month or so before the wedding and she called me to personally let me know and assured me that I would be in good hands with Tuana. A few friends of mine thought this might be stressful for me, but they handled the situation in such a professional and dignified manner that I was not worried at all. Brie had filled Tuana in on all of our details and she called me within a couple days to personally review everything we had discussed and ensured that we were on the same page. Tuana was absolutely AMAZING. From the back and forth emails with photos for décor ideas, to ensuring they had some special liquor requests on hand (my husband is Serbian so having plum brandy at the wedding was a requirement haha), she handled everything with such grace and ease. I never felt stressed or concerned about anything with her.
    Cake- We jokingly mentioned that we would love to have a hexagon shaped cutting cake and they totally made it happen. Monica is the owner of the lodge and the baker and she made the cutting cake look better than what we had imagined (and it was delicious).
    Food- We barely ate the dinner entrees (typical of weddings) but what we did have was delicious and all the guests mentioned the food was great. They brought appetizers into the bridal suite and for our quiet time and they were delicious. They even made me some gluten free options which were amazing. We also had a few vegetarians in our group and they made them a special meal which they all said was delicious and they were very appreciative of having their dietary preferences honored.
    Décor- They have an extensive collection of wedding décor which we used quite a bit of. Tuana and the rest of the coordinating team are experts at making an event look beautiful and on par with your theme so they frequently would come to me with ideas to make the venue look even better than what I could have possibly imagined. I told them to do whatever they felt looked good and use what they liked and the ceremony and reception décor turned out absolutely stunning.
    Staff- The staff are absolutely what make this place stand out. I had a gift bag ready for Tuana to thank her for all her assistance, but by the next day, I was kicking myself for not having brought something to thank every single staff member there. EVERYONE made sure that we were well taken care of and that we wanted for nothing on our big day. All of the staff were so friendly, personable and most importantly- on top of their stuff. All of my bridal party and guests mentioned just how amazing the staff were. The bartenders were the highlight of the night and to this day my guests are raving about how fun they were and how they kept the party going. These people know their craft. You really leave there feeling like you gained a family. We can’t wait to go back for their annual cocktail party so we can see them all again.
    Price- I realize that a lot of people mention that this venue is expensive. However, considering all that you get, this place really is a bargain. The price includes cake, exclusive use of the décor collection (we did beautiful non-floral centerpieces which saved us money on flowers), rooms at the lodge (a must because there is no “lights off, shut down” time), coordination and funds towards your bar tab (which went a lot further than I had thought). We actually wound up being under budget after all was said and done. This venue is 100% worth the cost.
    Moral of the story is that this venue is the ultimate wedding venue. From the stunning ceremony site, to the staff, you cannot go wrong by hosting your wedding here.

Lupe · Married on 07/22/2018

Top notch all the way around. Plan early if you want to get the weekend you’re hoping for, because they book up quickly. The price the quote you is an “all in” price, so you don’t get any unexpected tax or tip bills later. The staff are incredibly friendly and responsive. The venue itself simply can’t be beat between the view at the ceremony and the game room basement at the reception. Huge bridal room, wonderful patio for first look photos, great food and tons of it, awesome bartenders...Our guests have repeatedly told us this was the best wedding they’d been to. We couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

Forest House Lodge 12
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 01/06/2018

Forest House Lodge was the most amazing place for a wedding. The moment we started our tour we knew it was the place for us. The staff is so accommodating and helpful and do everything they can to make wedding day as stress free as possible. Brie is a ROCKSTAR and we cannot thank her enough for all of her help and ideas. She set up all our decorations and made our day so beautiful! Truly is the best coordinator ever! Our family and friends are still talking about what an awesome weekend they had there. They all loved how everything was right there and we didn't have to go anywhere and we got to "party" all weekend together. The food was delicious and also has been receiving comments ever since. Trevor is the best bartender we have ever met! To say that Forest House Lodge goes above and beyond would be an understatement. I would HIGHLY recommend booking your wedding here, you won't regret it!

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

We absolutely love everything about the Forest House Lodge! We took both sets of parents up to check it out, and ended up picking a date and signing the contract THAT day! We fell in love with it from the moment we walked in. We knew we'd have a big wedding (150ish people) and we were searching for a place that allowed you to party all night (not lights on at 10pm). The end time for FHL is 6am the next day when the cleaning staff comes through - talk about a FUN wedding! The top floor of the lodge has 27 European style bedrooms (including 2 suites). The main floor has the bar, private sitting area (for bride and groom after the ceremony), couches, buffet, and large dining room. The basement...was the highlight of the venue for our group! It's a giant game room with everything imaginable - bridal suites, groom's suite, poker/craps room, karaoke, shuffle board, etc. The bridal suite was recently remodeled and it's huge and BEAUTIFUL with couches, stools, full length mirrors, and access to the courtyard. The man cave/groom's room, has lockers for the guys to hang their suits, and couches to hang out on pre-ceremony. The actual ceremony site is a mile up the road on a private lot. The views from the ceremony site are to die for! You walk down the stone pathway to the alter overlooking the valley, it makes for some amazing photos! The entire team is a family at FHL, and we feel like we're part of that family now. Even before our wedding day, they hosted us for a tasting event (everything was incredible on the menu), an "alumni cocktail party" where they bring back past brides and grooms to give advice to the upcoming couples, and we set up multiple appointments with our wedding planner, Brie. Brie was AMAZING and we can't thank her enough for everything she did, she has 2 big fans and friends for life! We LOVE the FHL family and can't wait to visit as alumni at the cocktail party. Book your wedding here, you won't regret it!

Kayla · Married on 06/09/2017

This is the perfect wedding venue destination! My husband and I couldn't have picked the more perfect place to tie the knot. The guests loved the ease of everything since it's all centrally located in one place. The ceremony site is also stunning and our guests have been complimenting on how beautiful it was. My wedding coordinators made everything go so smoothly and kept everything on schedule and overall my wedding had no stress. It was wonderful!

Jackie · Married on 03/17/2017

When we first saw this venue, we knew it was perfect for us (well, maybe more for me, the bride). Either way, we were blow away when we first arrived to have someone show us around. They were very professional and super knowledgeable. We didn't realize how much they would do for us on our special day! Everything went so smoothly, we never saw the hiccups and never worried about anything...we wouldn't change a thing. Of course stuff went wrong but if they could fix it or make it better than did. We thought other folks who have reviewed this venue were exaggerating, but nope. They truly are the best at what they do! We cannot recommend this place, the people, and the food enough!

• Kirstin

Kirstin · Married on 01/13/2017

We had our wedding here at the beautiful Lodge on 1/13/17. Our wedding day was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. Huge shout-out to the amazing staff, who catered to all my crazy fun ideas, had their fingers crossed so I could have my magical snowy winter wedding, and for making it so that I had to do little but make choices. This venue is worth every penny of the cost and I could not possibly have imagined my wedding day being anything more perfect. Brie was my coordinator and I LOVED her so much as well as her spunk and Disney love like me. Also a huge shout-out to Trevor the bar tender, he went out of his way to make sure I had my special beer the whole time on the rehearsal day as well as the wedding day and was fun and friendly to all my guests. The food was absolutely amazing and my special Geode cake made by Monica was absolutely everything we wanted. We had a blast going "down the rabbit hole" to party all night long. This venue really does go above and beyond to make sure EVERYTHING is taken care of and perfect <3

Kristina · Married on 09/30/2016

Perfect place to get married, my wedding was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Forest House Lodge's reply:

Forest House Lodge considers it an honor to be a part of your big day! Thank you so much Kristina and Kyle for choosing us!! Your wedding was amazing, and perfect in every way!

Michelle · Married on 06/12/2016

Do you want to have a hassle-free wedding? Yes? Then Forest House Lodge (FHL) is the venue for you! FHL takes the stress out of everything. I look back on my wedding day and cannot find a single flaw in our day! The staff at FHL makes everything so easy for you! They are so accommodating and know what they are doing. They are a well-oiled machine and it shows. I could not have picked a more perfect venue to match my husband and I's personality. The 'after hours' room downstairs is so much fun and the ceremony site and reception mezzanine is amazingly beautiful. Top notch place! I would definitely recommend FHL for anyone that is looking for a picture perfect setting without any worries. Thank you for making our day so memorial!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Forest House Lodge's reply:

Hello Michelle!

Thank you so much for your beautiful review! We really strive to take the stress out of your day, you have enough on your mind! What a fantastic day you had! May it bring you joy for many years, as you look back on the biggest day of your life!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2016

Just got back from our honeymoon and figured I'd tell you all a little about one of my favorite places on the planet. We spent some time looking online for wedding venues around the Fresno/Sacramento area and after looking at a couple places near the coast, we took the long drive up to Foresthill, CA and walked into Forest House Lodge. I was immediately convinced this was the place we would be getting married. The lodge is absolutely beautiful. Everyone who works there, especially Julie and Brie became almost family through all the planning and the big weekend. These people are wedding professionals. They know exactly what they are doing an will go out of their way to make your wedding exactly what you want it to be. There are a couple different packages you can pick from, we chose to have the lodge Thurs-Saturday. It was an amazing time. We had a pretty impressive threat of rain the day of our wedding but everyone assured me it would be fine, and everything still went perfectly.

I would definitely suggest using their preferred vendors. They really are the best.

If you're event remotely considering getting married here, please go see it for yourself. You won't regret it. I can't wait to go back next year for the cocktail party.

• Bianca

Bianca · Married on 01/16/2016

When we were looking for a wedding venue, it was incredibly important for us to find a place that felt right and that reflected our personalities. We knew from the minute we visited that the Forest House Lodge was just that place. We can't recommend the FHL enough! We had a blast not only on our wedding day but also in the planning process (and have you ever heard anyone say that? ;) ). The FHL gave us the opportunity to visit many times and also offered us the opportunity through their tasting (Food is amazing, and they'll take special requests!) for our parents to meet well before the wedding at a time when they could really get to know each other. I'm also not the type of girl that dreamt of her wedding day as being the best day of her life - but the Forest House Lodge actually made it just that for my husband and I. :) We highly recommend any couple looking for a venue to at least visit the FHL and get a feel for just how special the venue and team are! :)

Lindsey · Married on 08/23/2015

When looking for a wedding venue we wanted some place unique where we would be assured lots of time with our family and friends. This was particularly important as many of our family and friends were traveling from far away. We also wanted a worry-free experience (or as close as you can get for a wedding) where our family and bridal party would not have to work, coordinate, or arrange anything the day of and could simply participate and enjoy the festivities. The Forest House Lodge exceeded our every expectation! Christine (wedding coordinator), Alley (bonus wedding coordinator), and Julie (house manager) who we worked with at various times during the planning process and day of, were exceptional and delivered a quality experience down to the last possible detail! They answered our every question and were happy to work with us on the particularities of what we wanted for our wedding. They were easy to communicate with as well as very responsive to emails and phone calls throughout the work week; (they are working all weekend on weddings after all!). The day of was handled with poise and grace like a well-orchestrated show. If their were any hiccups, we do not know what they were. The day after, we could not think of one thing that could have made our wedding more perfect! The venue itself is a cut above the rest, providing unique decor and touches at every turn. The downstairs game room is a fun addition; the large bar and hat collection lead to great goofy pictures; the beautiful courtyard provides an elegant location for pictures and a romantic/intimate outdoor setting; and the ceremony site overlooking the Sierra Nevada mountains provides a breathtaking view. Just a stunning and stellar venue you will be overjoyed that you found.

Breana · Married on 08/08/2015

This wedding venue means everything to us. The Forest House lodge has the perfect setting, unbelievable staff, and will make your special day unforgettable. I feel so lucky to have found this place. Our guests still talk about the food, professionalism of staff, and all the fun they had. They make wedding planning easy, and so much less stressful! Unreal experience!! The best venue ever! Thanks Forest House! We love you!

Jenny · Married on 06/05/2015

We were married 6/5/15 with 120 guests. (Highly recommend a Friday wedding since you get two nights stay) We planned the whole thing from Reno and Alley the wedding coordinator was so great at answering every little question I had within 24 hours - usually within a couple hours! There are several events that we went to before the wedding including a vendor fair, personal tours, food/cake tasting, and the epic cocktail party where we were able to stay at the lodge and mingle with couples that had their weddings there the year before. When we arrived, we just unloaded everything and the Forest House staff took care of the rest which let everyone mingle with guests, play games, and celebrate on Thursday night before and after the rehearsal dinner. On the day of the wedding guests took walks, went to the river, biked around town, etc. It was like a mini vacation. Alley and Julie made sure everything was running smoothly and that we were on time for everything. It was the little touches that really made a difference for us. They provided mimosas for us when we were getting ready, let me have a tour with everything set up when no one else was in the lodge, let my husband and I have 10 minutes alone after the ceremony, brought us appetizers so we would be hungry, left us two pieces of cake and champagne in our room on our wedding night. We had guests who actually came up to us or contacted us after the wedding to thank us for inviting them and let us know it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We had the BEST PARTY both Thursday and Friday nights. Food was AMAZING. Monica made our cake beyond our expectations, the bartenders remembered everyone and their drink choices.I cannot say enough amazing things about the Forest House. You will not be disappointed and you will have the most stress-free and fun wedding imaginable when you choose them!

Cassandra · Married on 05/22/2015

Forest House Lodge is the place to get married! They are the total package and everything we wanted in our wedding they exceeded our expectations and made our day that much more special. The staff was outstanding and super professional. We ended up going with a Friday wedding with Thursday rehearsal up there. We had the whole lodge to ourselves for 48 hours and I don't think we would have done anything different. Our wedding will be talked about for years to come and our family and friends were blown away of how everything went and the over all feel of the Lodge. I would seriously recommend anyone who is planning their wedding to go there. Best food you will ever have, and if you like Prime Rib, do their Chef's Carving Station!! Oh and seriously order their Beer Battered Artichoke Hearts, so yummy!

You can make the place fit your personalities and make it feel like its your wedding and not a generic one. Alley is the best coordinator and Julie is the best manager anyone could ask for. Patrick and Monica have really out done themselves in providing a great place to say "I Do" and celebrate the night away with family and friends. I would however not recommend this place to my personal friends, due to the fact that we want to be the only ones in our group of friends to have gotten married there, keep it to ourselves in a way!! Happy planning to future Brides and Grooms. Thanks again Forest House Lodge

Elizabeth · Married on 09/20/2014

The staff at Forest House is beyond amazing. Alley, our coordinator, made sure we had every detail we wanted for our wedding. This was a destination wedding and things couldn't have been easier. The views from grand sierra pointe are amazing, the game room for the after party is phenomenal. The bar tender made sure we had specialty drinks and beers that we requested. He even brought down huge buckets of beer for the after party (and water, too). Our friends have been complimenting us on our wedding for weeks now, and really it wasn't us - it was all the Forest House staff. An example: in setting up our guest book, the glass in the frame broke and Alley replaced it no questions asked. Simply amazing. You will not be disappointed!

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

Beautiful venue, awesome staff, amazing food. We could not have asked for a better wedding thanks to the Forest House Lodge and staff. I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants an unforgettable day!

Nicole · Married on 08/16/2014

I just want to say that Forest House Lodge is AMAZING!!! I cried the morning after my wedding because I was sad to leave. All my guests said that it was either the best wedding they had ever been to or in the top 3. The employees are like family and cater to all your needs. The food and cake (which they do in house) was delicious. My decor was beautiful and I didn't have to worry about a thing! I have a few friends who are getting married next year and can't stop talking about how great this place is and if they don't get married there they're crazy! FHL is everything that I could have dreamed of and if I could do all over again I wouldn't change a thing, except maybe take more photos in my photo booth :) The ceremony site is breathtaking, the lodge is gorgeous, the bar is ridiculous and the employees are awesome!!! Thank you guys for making my day the greatest day ever!!!!

Christine · Married on 08/02/2014

We were recently married here on 8/2/2014. I honestly cannot say enough about how amazing the Forest House Lodge was! From the second we walked in the door until the next day after we left, every person was there to help and with a genuine smile. There was not a worry the entire day as everything was already handled and I didn't have to think twice about any detail. This is quite important for me personally as I'm type A and sometimes too anal for my own good. I worry about EVERYTHING! But with Alley as my coordinator I never once worried about a single thing.

My Mom was a little worried about the price and the distance but once she saw the lodge she was sure this was the place....she even told me that she wished she could get married there!

Every single guest was blown away about how seamless everything went and how amazing the food was! And the view! You could never say enough about the view! It's so breathtaking!

The staff again, I couldn't say enough things! One of my lovely guests caused a ruckus in the bar and the way the staff handled it was amazing and I'm so thankful for that. We recently got out pictures back, and WOW. The day was incredible and it really shows in the pictures. I feel like we had a fairy tale start with a wedding so amazing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone at the lodge for helping to provide that!

Our wedding on 5/25/2014 was better than I could have possibly imagined. The staff is amazing. They provided a relaxing, stress-free wedding day!! If there were any hiccups, I did not hear about them. My guests who needed help or faced quandaries tell me that the staff was so helpful and accommodating. My family is in love with Courtney, our wedding coordinator (my mom and grandma say Hi!).

People were blown-away by the food. Our guests started with pre-ceremony appetizers, then post-ceremony appetizers, then an endless dinner, delicious cake, and finally late-night appetizers (mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers, and fries...just what you need at midnight). I highly recommend the mashed potato bar and prime rib-cutting station.

Monica, their cake ARTIST, is phenomenal. Not only was the cake mouth-watering, she has impressive piping skills. Our cake looked EXACTLY like the pictures I sent to her. And what is even sweeter is that the top tier of our cake was given to us to enjoy for our 1-year anniversary.

The facilities are amazing. The ladies had a beautiful morning in the Bridal Salon, a spacious room with numerous mirrors, a mini fridge stocked with champagne and orange juice, and lots of comfy couches. The ceremony site is breathtaking! Many guests have said that Grand Sierra Pointe is the most beautiful wedding site they've seen. We had snow-capped mountains in the vista in May! The reception at FHL was so much fun. We had the place all to ourselves. People were able to kick off their shoes and run around like it was their own home. Guests have said that the weddings they've gone to after ours are now just so boring.

When I sit around and think about our special day, I just smile. It was magical and beautiful. Definitely worth it!

Forest House Lodge = Phenomenal service, excellent food, fantastic wedding

Tracy · Married on 04/25/2014

Forest House Lodge is the most beautiful venue and I'm so happy that I chose to have my wedding there. From the moment I saw this place during my tour, I knew that I would never forget it.

I wanted a wedding with a rustic—but luxurious—aesthetic that would fit with our personal tastes, our love of nature, and our desire for something that would feel warm and inviting for all of our guests. I wanted it to feel like a true escape. The magical feel of the grounds of the Lodge stuck with me from the first moment of the tour, to the last moment of our wedding.

Our initial consultation was above my expectations for any venue consultation. Unlike other venues we toured, they are a truly full-service venue. They took such pride in their grounds, and so much pleasure in ensuring that our event was stress-free. When they say that they specialize in complete event pre-production, they mean it. From start to finish they ensured that we had a truly custom experience.

The ceremony site was like a fairytale. The view was perfect and my photos turned out absolutely gorgeous. It completely surpassed all of my hopes for a picturesque woodland ceremony with beautiful panoramic views.

The party itself was incredible. The feel was so cozy and fun all at once. The staff at the Forest House Lodge accommodated every single need that I had. Every wish I had along they way, they were able to grant. The décor was just what we imagined, and every little touch complimented the space so perfectly.

The food was absolutely delicious. The food was well prepared with fresh, quality ingredients. I savored every bite in between dancing the night away. I can't tell you how many guests I had come up to me and tell me that it was the best meal they ever had at a wedding.

Our cake was beautiful. It was so nice having the cake made in-house . Monica created the cake of my dreams. The cake itself was delicious; I wanted to go back for another slice, but my guests beat me to it!

Jessica · Married on 04/13/2014

Courtney and Laura made our day so special. With planning sessions to the day of, they make everything flawless and they make your day so easy and stress free it's amazing!!! If you're looking for the rustic feel with a beautiful view at the ceremony site and a place where every staff member is there to help make your day the greatest day of all, Forest House Lodge is the place to have your wedding!!!

Forest House Lodge is the BEST place to have your wedding!!!! They took care of all our needs and are so helpful!!! I'm extremely glad we chose Forest Housetops he our venue!!!

Amber · Married on 11/08/2013

THE BEST VENUE EVER!! Kathryn is the best, most professional and organized wedding coordinator! The food was amazing, Chef did an incredible job especially considering we asked for an "unique" entree. The ceremony site is so picturesque that most people ask whether it's real or not when looking at our wedding photos. The whole staff is friendly, professional, and eager to make your day go as smoothly as possible! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this venue!