For the Love of Mackinac! Reviews

84 | Mackinac Island, MI

84 Reviews for For the Love of Mackinac!

For the Love of Mackinac! 1
For the Love of Mackinac! 2
For the Love of Mackinac! 3
For the Love of Mackinac! 4
For the Love of Mackinac! 5
For the Love of Mackinac! 6
For the Love of Mackinac! 7

Kathy · Married on 08/09/2014

When our daughter decided she wanted a Mackinac Island wedding, the first thing we did was hire Carole Erbel. Best decision we made. I can’t imagine planning a wedding on Mackinac without her. The knowledge and experience she has is invaluable -- and she recommended things we never even thought of. We followed all her suggestions and they all exceeded our expectations. Venue, photographer, video, DJ, florist, cake, favors, pianist, vocalist, ferry line, rehearsal dinner -- all were recommended by Carole and all of them were exceptional. Mackinac is a unique, magical place for a wedding and Carole made sure that every detail was attended to. With our daughter’s wedding in Carole’s capable hands, we were free to enjoy every moment of the event. I can guarantee that if you hire Carole to coordinate your wedding day YOU will not have a single problem. Because if a problem arises, it’s CAROLE’S problem. AND SHE'S ON IT! Priceless.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Kim · Married on 07/26/2014

Carole is a must if planning a wedding on Mackinac Island. From the moment I spoke with her the first time, I knew we were in good hands. She was very responsive and made you feel like you were her only client. She provided numerous vendors to chose from as well as answered all the questions I always thought of at the last minute. Family and friends commented that I was very calm about the planning process, and it was because of Carole! She handled everything and let us enjoy our day. Without a doubt I recommend Carole!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/03/2014

Carole is amazing!! She is clearly an experienced wedding planner and knows everything and more about planning a wedding. It was wonderful to work with her especially because of her knowledge of our wedding location. She has so many fantastic connections and relationships with vendors that we always felt like we had lots of options and could really make our wedding exactly what we wanted. We don't know what we would have done without her!! Thank you for making our dream wedding come true!!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Michelle · Married on 06/21/2014

Having Carole as our wedding planner was the best decision we made because she made everything else happen and fall into place! I couldn't imagine having a wedding on Mackinac Island without Carole! Our wedding was perfect and went so smoothly; it was like a movie! Carole recommended all the best vendors, was able to find a viola player that was able to go on a carriage ride with us, she took care of the guests that didn't RSVP and brought their kids to a no kid event, and made sure that any other problem that can't be planned for that day was promptly resolved without stress to me! She went above and beyond the job as a wedding planner; she kept me on track and solved all my worries! The best advice I can give as a former bride is to have Carole as your wedding planner!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Alyson · Married on 06/16/2014

Carole did a fabulous job for our wedding, we could not have been more pleased. Throughout the planning she was helpful and always very timely. The actual wedding was perfectly smooth with everything arranged and taken care of for our entire group. THANK YOU for a great experience!

Sent on 07/02/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2014

I hired Carole as my wedding planner for my 6/14/14 wedding on Mackinac Island, and could not have chosen anyone better. She made it smooth and easy even though I live in Alabama. She was very courteous and professional she arranged all the vendors that I needed and kept me on track and on time. I pictured a perfect wedding and with Carole's help my dream came true.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Emalee · Married on 06/07/2014

I am so glad I had her as a planner I honestly think if she wasn't there things wouldn't have gone as smoothly. Being that the wedding was a destination wedding I realized didn't have the first clue where to start, so I decided that I needed to find a planner to help me get in contact with my venders. She was a great help and she took the ideas that both my husband and I had and really helped us make our idea a reality. She was wonderful dealing with very professional and really knew how to make things work out perfectly, and even was able to help me figure out how to work around last minute changes that happened to occur. I cannot say enough good things about Carole and I would recommend her in an instant to anybody who is looking for an event planner.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Susan · Married on 10/05/2013

As mother of the bride, I feel that Carole Erbel was everything and more that you would want from a
    wedding coordinator. I happen to be a very detail oriented person who likes things done completely and
    correctly. Carole exceeded all my expectations! I have never felt more "ready" for any kind of event I've had. She made it possible for me to totally enjoy every moment of my daughter's rehearsal evening and
    the wedding ceremony and reception. I had a feeling of trust and assurance that she had our best interest in our wedding event. I never felt overwhelmed because Carole was there for us!
    She worked and planned with us from the very beginning as we chose our vendors 7 months ago, until
    the end of the wedding reception. When it came time for the wedding week-end, we literally had nothing to worry about other than dressing ourselves. Carole did everything! There is no way this wedding of a
    life-time would have been pulled off and enjoyed by us and our guests without having Carole--you won't
    be disappointed in her!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2013

It was an absolute pleasure working my wedding planner Carole Erbel. I had a fairytale wedding that dreams are made of, and it's due to the exceptional service i received from my wedding planner. My vision for my big day came to life just as i had hoped. Carole's experience, knowledge, advise, suggestions, work ethic, enthusiasm and friendly support is priceless. I am a very happy client, who is eager to share my gratitude and appreciation. I even wrote a little poem about it.
    There is a wedding planner extraordinaire named Carole...
    She helped me so much that I didn't need to drink wine by the barrel.
    As a self proclaimed control freak who struggles to relax, asking someone to help took a lot of trust...
    So hiring Carole was an absolute must!
    She helped me plan the wedding of my dreams...Without me ever unraveling at the seams.
    We exchanged hundreds of emails and had nice conversations on the phone. So much so, that I feel i made a new friend...Now that the wedding is over, I'm sad it will come to an end.
    I'll never forget the special person who helped me have a fairytale wedding...Getting married on Mackinac Island was the absolute perfect setting.
    A day full of emotions! Happiness, excitement, and jitters to name a few...Good thing I had Carole to keep us all on Que.
    Carole has been a part of many weddings over the years...But she still showed so much enthusiasm for mine, which could bring me to tears.
    She kept me organized and on schedule. Answered a million of my questions, sometimes more than once...Glad she is very patient and put up with me for over 6 months.
    Definitely no panic attacks...Carole was there as my natural form of Xanax.
    She is a genius at blending two families...She will always hold a place in my heart full of matrimony memories.
    Now that I'm married , I look forward to sharing a life with my husband in our happy home....Just wanted to share my appreciation to Carole in this silly little poem :-D

Sent on 10/03/2013

Rebecca · Married on 09/20/2013

For the Love of Mackinac!, Carole, is truly amazing! Having a destination wedding with tons of details can be overwhelming. Our wedding had a many little details and Carole paid attention to each detail as diligently as I, the bride, would have. As our day of coordinator, Carole attended the rehearsal and the wedding with complete professionalism and won you over with her charisma. Carole made me feel confident all the details and wedding decor could be trusted to her and her staff so we could enjoy our wedding day. Hiring Carole truly allowed me to be able to relax and enjoy the most exciting day of my life and we had a wonderful and fun day. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing....Thank you Carole!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/26/2013

Carole was amazing! She's extremely knowledgeable and professional. She was able to tailor my wedding so that it met my needs and wants and was so punctual throughout our planning. I can't imagine finding a better wedding planner. I would recommend her to anyone who wanted to plan a very special day.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Elena · Married on 06/20/2013

Carole did such a wonderful job on our Mackinac wedding! My husband and I live in Florida, so we trusted Carole to set up everything for us. Carole was very personable and great at her job. She stayed on top of everything. Her hard work paid off, because our day was perfect! I would definitely recommend Carole to anyone looking to have a beautiful wedding on the island. Thank you, Carole!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Kayla · Married on 05/25/2013

Carole was such a tremendous help organizing our wedding in a span of just three months. My husband and I were not familiar with the island, so hiring Carole was ideal. We had never met face-to-face until our rehearsal and mostly communicated through email. When our wedding day came she helped me out so much and talked/explained everything that was going to happen. I would have been lost without her. I would recommend her to anyone! Our special day couldn't have been more perfect!!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Jim · Married on 09/28/2012

Carole was great to work with. Worry free. She handled everything with ease was very flexible and helpful

Sent on 10/04/2012

Anjel · Married on 09/15/2012

Carole provided day of wedding coordination for my September wedding. She was a god send. As I was planning a destination wedding, it was so helpful to have someone on site to help coordinate services. Carole was very responsive by email and phone as the wedding approached. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing - I trusted Carole to take care of all the details and she did. Thank you for helping us make our wedding everything we had imagined.

Sent on 10/28/2012

Samantha · event on 08/31/2012

Creative, flexible, professional and detailed -- what else can I say? Wonderful! I planned a 50th surprise birthday party for my husband long distance, at an unfamiliar venue, and For The Love of Mackinac event planning made the whole thing as easy as pie. They helped with the venue and music selection, decor, setup, invitations, even the guest list! They coordinated all deliveries, contracts and payments, and basically made the whole event a breeze for me, the hostess. They stayed well within my financial guidelines, and offered creative solutions and alternative when my taste exceeded my budget. I actually enjoyed my own party, thanks to For The Love Of Mackinac. And if you consider how difficult anything on an island without motorized transit can be, it was beyond amazing.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Mallory · Married on 08/25/2012

Everything turned out absolutely perfect. We had our perfect dream wedding. Carole made it happen. Couldn't have been any better. :-) Thank you so much.

Sent on 09/27/2012

Carole was an amazing planner for our wedding- we truly couldn't have had such a fantastic wedding weekend without her. She arranged everything we needed, and made it seem so easy- although I know it wasn't! Her presence on the wedding day made everything so much easier and pretty much stress-free. I'd recommend Carol's services to anyone who wants to get married on Mackinac Island.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Tammy · Married on 07/12/2012

Carole was everything we could have hoped for and more! Planning a destination wedding is so stressful and she took all that worry away from us! She put my anxiety at ease from our first conversation and we hit it off from there. She was efficient and always professional but, at the same time, was very supportive and a valued friend throughout the entire planning process, as well as after the wedding. There is no way our wedding could have been half as beautiful or perfect without her. We feel so blessed to have had her be such a large part of our big day!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Carole was a knowledgeable, dependable, extraordinarily responsive and very kind coordinator. She was an incredible asset to my now husband and me as we planned our wedding. She made planning seem effortless, but left no detail forgotten. We appreciate her attentiveness, eye/thought for detail, and beautiful execution on the date of the event and for our preliminary festivities the night prior. Thank you, Carole!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Kimberly · Married on 06/20/2012

Our wedding day was PERFECT! Carole was amazing, and helped make our day everything I have ever dreamed of. She recommended vendors on the Island, and that are familiar with the Island. Everything was a dream. I could have never pulled our wedding of without her. A memory that we will treasure forever. Thanks Carole for everything!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Joanna · Married on 07/03/2011

Planning your perfect Wedding day is difficult for anyone, but trying to plan it from a distance makes everything harder. Carole Erbel turned all the planning into a piece of cake! Through years of experience, she was able to make wonderful suggestions and give honest opinions. She helped me sort through my ideas and made them picture perfect! She really goes the extra mile to make you feel special. Michael and I couldn't have made our dream Wedding a reality without the expertice of Carole Erbel. She's the BEST!
    -Joanna Haddad

Sent on 01/27/2013

Angelina · Married on 06/26/2010

Although I grew up in Michigan, my husband and I lived in South Carolina while planning our wedding. Carole was an indispenisble asset to us. She was able to connect us with a great network of reputable vendors, answer all of our logistics questions about an island wedding, and provide support and information throughout our planning process.

We had a couple issues with our venue along the way, but Carole was able to fight those battles for us and ensure our wedding day went as planned.

Additionally, having Carole around the day before and of the wedding meant that no one in the wedding or our family had to worry about ANYTHING. Carole made sure all the decorations were set up, coordinated the vendors, and was even there to help the guys figure out their pocket squares. We are so grateful to her, and encourage anyone getting married on Mackinac to employ Carole to help them with their festivities.

Her fees are very reasonable, and for all the time and effort she put into our wedding, we would have been perfectly fine paying double!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Amy · Married on 06/14/2003

Carole was absolutely amazing! She was so helpful, but listened to what I wanted and needed. She had great suggestions, but let me make the final decisions to make my day perfect. She was even very understanding when I turned into a "crazy" bride. Love her :)

Sent on 01/10/2013

Angie · Married on 10/09/2017

Carole is very organized and believes in deadlines, definetly a great person to hire if you need to stay on task! Our wedding day went on without a hitch couldn't have asked for a better planner.

Sent on 10/14/2017