72 Reviews for For the Love of Mackinac!

User Photos
Full Planning (3)
Religious (2)
Partial Planning (1)
71 For the Love of Mackinac! Reviews

Carole is a dream and made our wedding perfect! We couldn’t have done it without her. If you are looking for someone to take the stress away from planning, Carole is your person. We absolutely loved her!

Profile Picture Kirissa, 9/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carole was such a pleasure to work with. I knew I wanted to get married on Mackinac Island due to it being a very special destination for my family since I was a child. As soon as I got engaged, I started searching for information about planning a wedding on Mackinac, and right away I saw Caroles name pop up. I reached out and booked her all in the same day. I can honestly say I was never stressed about my wedding, and I feel that is due to Carole. I live about 4.5 hours from the island and was only able to make it up to the island twice to visit venues and meet with vendors, otherwise it was all left in Caroles hands. Anytime that I had a question or needed information from a vendor, I would email Carole and she would take care of it. I also felt that local vendors were so much easier to work with because they already know Carole and have a good relationship with her, I would get comments from vendors such as "oh you're working with Carole so this will be a breeze." On my actual wedding day, the weather did not cooperate and we were back and forth about where the actual ceremony would be (since we had planned for it to be outside.) We did end up having to switch venue, but Carole found us a amazing spot where we could still be outside with a gorgeous tent with hanging lights surrounded by flowers and greenery overlooking the water. I did not have to worry about a thing that day because Carole took care of every little detail from the ceremony all the way until the reception ended. I cannot thank Carole enough, if you are on the fence about whether or not you need a wedding coordinator, I can tell you with 100% certainty it is worth it and will make your wedding planning and wedding day stress free. Thank you again Carole, you are amazing!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Carole was amazing and there are no words to describe the wonderful job that she had done for our family. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She treated us like we were part of her family and now she is a part of ours. Now that the wedding is over, we're going to miss her but will connect real soon. A must for any wedding! Love her!!!!!

Photo for For the Love of Mackinac! Review - The venue was beautiful, our kids were glowing.
Profile Picture Karen, 8/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole was absolutely amazing. I contacted her the day after we got engaged and started inquiring about getting married on Mackinac Island. She was SO helpful along the way. She would email me when it was time to choose vendors, send me a few choices and I would choose one. She gave me her honest opinion on things and helped make decisions. She was always available for questions and help. The day of the wedding a thunderstorm rolled through just before our ceremony in the garden. Carole was the calm in the storm, quickly finding another option for us that turned out to be just as beautiful. I would give Carole 10 stars if I could. I highly recommend her! She’s the best!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole is very professional and made my wedding day stress free. I used her "day of" services. Originally, I was not planning on having a day of coordinator. WOW, I AM SO GLAD I DID! There were little things on the days leading up and the day of that that unexpectedly popped up and Carole made everything run seamlessly. She is easy to work with and a total professional. Definitely worth every penny!

Profile Picture Madeline, 7/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole is the best of the best!! She was an amazing coordinator for our Mackinac Island wedding!

She has lived on the island for many years and has so many personal relationships with other vendors (she was a personal recommendation from our photographer and on the preferred vendor list from our venue) and people on the island that it's easy for her to get things done well and quickly.

She is an absolute pleasure to work with. Extremely prompt with communication and a true problem solver. She was a hit with all of our family and friends.

I can't recommend her enough! Choose Carole and you'll feel at ease knowing you have the best of the best making sure everything goes perfectly so you can enjoy your special time with family and friends! Carole is the best!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kate, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I grew up on Mackinac Island and my mom, my husband and I all had a lot of ideas about what our wedding would be like. Carole was so helpful with every aspect of planning and the wedding day. Her intimate knowledge of the island and the venues helped predict any potential issues and add insider touches. Not only is she is such a lovely person and a joy to work with, she made every part of the day perfect. I would highly recommend her to any couple!

Profile Picture Lake, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole helped us plan our elopement on Mackinac Island. Our wedding was truly MAGICAL!!! Carole was professional, helpful and attentive. She really listened to what it was that we wanted and she made it all happen effortlessly!! We would highly recommend using her services to our family and friends!!!

Profile Picture Rachelle, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Make sure Carole is on your team for your Mackinac Island wedding, you will be so happy she was! She knows the island (and how island time works), she knows the vendors, she knows the venues. I reached out early in the wedding planning process to inquire about her services but, at the time I wasn’t really sure what I needed. Fast forward to a month or so out from our June wedding, and add in one overwhelmed Bride, and I knew I needed help with the logistics of the day. I reached out to Carole again, and she was able and willing to help. I remember feeling like a HUGE weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I sent everything to her that I had planned so far and she took it from there. If I was missing something she let me know what was needed. Details that I would have never thought of, but were important to make the day run smoothly. If I had a question or was unsure of something, she had an answer and offered expert guidance. She was there for the rehearsal and the whole day of (and captured some great pics too! Find her on Facebook). I wanted to be able to enjoy the day and not be bogged down with details, and that is exactly what happened. The day was a blur, but it was completely stress-free! The services she provides are invaluable. She made sure that everyone (bridal party and guests) were where they needed to be and had what they needed. At the end of our wedding night, my husband looked at me and said, “This would never have been possible without Carole.” That is HUGE and so true!!! I remember Carole was always there, always positive, and exactly what I needed. One month out and I am still so deeply thankful that our paths crossed!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord.

If you're getting married on Mackinac Island, you WANT Carole to be a part of your day! My husband and I debated if we needed a wedding planner (most of the hotels on the island have wedding coordinators who work with you), but trust us when we say that Carole is worth it! I contacted Carole at the beginning of 2017 and we were in constant contact from then on, we felt like we were the only wedding she was working on. She was at every wedding event he had, from the Wedding Show at Mission Point the year before our wedding, to our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and the entire wedding day. Not only does Carole know every option and vendor for every aspect of your wedding, she knows how to make a wedding dream team! Carole knows everyone on the island, and was able to help us stay within the budget that we planned for. She was always there with well-experienced advice; there were many times that she asked "would you like this, or this" and I would just tell her to pick and everything worked out better than we expected. We got married on May 19th, 2018 and the forecast leading up to our wedding day showed that it was going to a warm and sunny day; well, we woke up to an overcast, rainy day. Carole helped us to have the most beautiful indoor wedding at Mission Point, ever. We had the ceremony in our reception hall (the Cypress Room) with us and our party standing in front of a beautiful view of Lake Huron. Some of our guests even told us our wedding was the most beautiful they'd ever been to. It never would have turned out so great without Carole!

Profile Picture Heidi, 5/18/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Carole was like having your best friend help plan your wedding with you. In only a few weeks (since that was all she had) she helped assemble a team to make our elopement like a fairy tale. The day was flawless and no detail was overlooked. The best decision made was to hire her as my wedding planner, and from there the good decisions kept rolling. Before I called her, I had been nervous that something would go wrong planning from so far away and with so little time. These fears melted away and she helped give us with a day we could enjoy with no worries as all details were covered. She was even there to help me get ready! Thank you does not begin to cover it!

Photo
Profile Picture Debora, 10/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole is very organized and believes in deadlines, definetly a great person to hire if you need to stay on task! Our wedding day went on without a hitch couldn't have asked for a better planner.

Profile Picture Angie, 10/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

For the Love of Mackinac was AMAZING to work with! Carole helped make our wedding the most magical day of our lives! She helped comfort a emotional bride when rain came into play and helped us pull off an outside wedding even with some rain! I can not thank her enough and I am so blessed to have met Carole and for all her wonderful help! She did so much behind the scenes to make our day a perfect living fairy tale!!

Profile Picture Katie , 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We cannot thank Carole and For the Love of Mackinac enough for the tremendous help she provided. She went above and beyond to make sure our daughter and son-in-law had their dream day. The weather was kind of tricky and Carole, knowing how important it was to our daughter, helped make her vision of being married on the front porch of The Grand Hotel a reality. We never would have been able to get everything set up and coordinated throughout the reception without Carole's help and the entire day ran so smoothly. I was able to relax and thoroughly enjoy the special moments your child's wedding day brings. I can't imagine why anyone would want to plan a wedding on Mackinac Island without Carole and the special care she takes to make the day so special!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole was such a help and I know our wedding would not have gone as wonderfully as it did without her. I am the more organized person out my husband and I, and knew that a lot of the details and coordination would fall on me. Having her in our corner allowed to us to not stress out, and completely enjoy our wedding day. Carole took all the stress out of wedding planning and finding vendors, and was very creative with regards to finding solutions to avoid hurt feelings with certain family members or other issues we had. I appreciated her advice and input and would recommend her to anyone without hesitation!

Profile Picture Emilia, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole was fantastic! She managed everything we asked her to and more!! We really appreciate her professionalism but the warm, personal touch is what I am most grateful for. There is absolutely no way our wedding day and all of the details could have been as wonderful and memorable without her help. I HIGHLY recommend Carole!!!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Carole was excellent to work with. She made planning a destination wedding virtually painless, and made sure that we were always one step ahead in the planning process. Having her there on the wedding day was invaluable. She made sure everything flowed smoothly, we didn't have to think about anything, which allowed us to enjoy our day even more. Couples who are looking to get married on Mackinac Island, you can't do any better than entrusting your big day in the hands of Carole!

Profile Picture Daniel, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I'm not sure I can even begin to express how amazing Carole was as our planner! For the Love of Mackinac helped us book music for the wedding, plan our welcome reception the evening before the wedding, and was our day of planner. Carole always seemed to understand what we were looking for, knew the answers to every Mackinac Island and wedding question, and kept everyone calm and coordinated on the day of the wedding. Things went very smoothly, and she always had a word of kindness or insight just when I needed it most. She definitely helped make our wedding day what we dreamed it would be, and her advice and guidance were invaluable. If you are getting married on Mackinac Island, book For the Love of Mackinac right now.

Profile Picture DeEtta, 7/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We really can't put into words how invaluable Carole and her team were to our wedding day. Carole spent countless hours with us starting over a year in advance planning our dream day. We had a lot of ideas of how we wanted our wedding to be and she really brought those ideas to life. She kept us organized and on top of all aspects of our planning and gave us advice or input when needed. The day of the wedding, Carole's team was on top of EVERYTHING! There was not a single detail that was left or forgotten. There was not a single issue that even came up (that we know of!). She kept us on schedule, calm, and enjoying every moment of the day. I would recommend her to ANYONE getting married on Mackinac Island. Her love, attention, and passion shines through in her work! Thank you, Carole and For the Love of Mackinac for the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Jill, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Great experience! Very friendly and accommodating. Beautiful photos that included the landscape. Thank you!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole truly made our wedding day the best day of our lives. Without her I wouldn't have been able to sit back and enjoy the day. I was not stressed out at all. She was very on top of everything. She made sure everyone involved in the wedding was where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to be. She set up our reception exactly as I asked her to do. She made great suggestions when necessary and also gave recommendations on people/places to get in touch with on Mackinac Island. Our wedding was a destination wedding on Mackinac Island and putting a wedding together when you live hundreds of miles away is not easy. Carole made it so much easier for us though with all her insight about the Island. She very much care about your special day. I definitely would recommend Carole and For The Love Of Mackinac to any future brides and grooms getting married on Mackinac Island. Our wedding day was so perfect and beautiful. It was like a fairytale. We owe a lot of that to Carole. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carol Erbel is a top notch professional who is an absolute necessity for planning your wedding. She's well connected, highly organized, and managed our wedding with grace and ease. There's no way our wedding could have been anywhere close to how perfect it was without her.

–Forest Evashevski

Profile Picture Forest, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We are so thankful to have worked with Carole in planning our wedding on Mackinac Island! She helped turn what seemed like a daunting task into a fun and low stress experience. She was always ready with advice, answers, and options whenever we had questions. She listened to what we wanted and helped make it happen. We knew we wanted cupcakes at our wedding and Carole convinced our wedding cake vendor (who no longer was doing cupcakes) to make them just for us. When we had an issue with customer service at a hotel, Carole stepped in and took care of the issue for us. Along the way Carole was always responsive, friendly and professional. Anytime I emailed her a question I would hear back within a few minutes. Carole seemed more like a good friend by the time our wedding came along and we were very happy to have her be a part of our special day. Our wedding day was a perfect fairy tale experience thanks to Carole's expertise. She coordinated the day down to the minute and was always in the right spot making sure everything went smoothly. I would 100% without a doubt HIGHLY recommend Carole to any bride and groom. We can't thank her enough for all of her hard work for our special day!

Profile Picture Elisa, 9/17/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Carole was absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I are from Ohio, and Carole found all of our vendors and facilitated working with them to meet our needs. Everyone that she found and all of the work that she did herself was professional and more than we could have ever hoped for. There were constant changes when planning our wedding and Caroly happily and skillfully managed each one. She made the day of the wedding flow as seamlessly as possible. There was no stress or any worries because she took care of everything. Carole goes above and beyond to make sure her customers have the perfect wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone interested in getting married on Mackinac Island. She was perfect in every way!

Profile Picture Jane, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

You cannot find a better wedding coordinator on Mackinac Island!

Profile Picture User7139098, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning