For the Love of Mackinac! Reviews

82 | Mackinac Island, MI

82 Reviews for For the Love of Mackinac!

For the Love of Mackinac! 1
For the Love of Mackinac! 6
For the Love of Mackinac! 7
  • Sandra

Sandra Routhier · Married on 07/27/2019

You're going to love 'For the Love of Mackinac!'

With only 6 months lead-time, Carole at For the Love of Mackinac! was instrumental in coordinating our daughter's wedding weekend on Mackinac Island. Our daughter lives out of state and just wanted to pick her wedding dress and show up which left every decision to me, the mother-of-the bride. I will be forever grateful that a google search led me to Carole at For the Love of Mackinac! Carole is so well-connected and very well respected by the wedding vendors on the island. Everything was absolutely perfect -- there isn't a thing we would have changed.

Sent on 08/10/2019
    For the Love of Mackinac! 8
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Goar · Married on 06/28/2019

Professiona; & Well-connected

Working with Carole on our wedding made the process so streamlined and easy to manage being thousands of miles away from the island. Her recommendations and referrals were spot on the first time! Our wedding was PERFECT from start to finish and the way Carole managed the day of, was priceless!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sarah Wilkins · Married on 06/14/2019

Best wedding planner ever!

If you are planning a wedding on Mackinac Island, you cannot do it without Carole. Trust me, my husband and I tried. We met in an event planning organization in college so we thought we could handle the big leagues. However, we quickly realized it was not possible without Carole. We have never regretted our decision to hire her. She is one of the best people you will ever meet and we were lucky to have her by our sides on the happiest day of our lives.
    First, Carole is an excellent communicator. She responds quickly to all questions and concerns. She emailed with us for months leading up until our wedding, set up a phone meeting a couple weeks in advance, and then met us in person once we got to the island. We loved that she knew the answer to all of our questions to make us feel at ease. She is so caring, warm, and kind that we were never afraid of asking her for help!
    Additionally, she interacts will all vendors. My husband and I live near St. Louis, MO, which is about 10 hours from the island. There was no way we could travel all the way to Mackinac to book vendors. Luckily, Carole knows all the top-notched businesses on the island. She was able to give us the best options to stay in our budget and fulfill our vision. Carole also went to bat for us with our vendors. Our wedding day was unseasonably rainy and cold for June so we had to move indoors. At first, we were discouraged, but Carole found us an even better venue indoors. We actually were thankful for the rain. However, we would not have known about this other venue without Carole so we owe it all to her.
    Carole cares about the details of your wedding and the people involved. For example, my sister forgot an undergarment for our rehearsal dinner. I texted Carole and asked if she knew where we could buy one on the island. Before I knew it, Carole took it upon herself to deliver it to us. Truly above and beyond her job duties. No detail is too small for her. She planned a minute-by-minute itinerary of the wedding day for us so we know exactly what to expect when. We found this very comforting, as did our families. Both of our parents rave about Carole’s work as well
    Most importantly, Carole allowed us to enjoy our wedding day. From the very beginning, my husband and I both agreed it was crucial we were able to spend time together and enjoy our day. In my past, I have been known to be Type A/controlling. However, on my wedding day I was completely relaxed. I was so surprised I did not ever feel stressed or overwhelmed. My husband and I genuinely were able to enjoy ourselves and not worry about the small details. We trusted Carole. We know that she would take of everything so that our wedding would go smoothly (and it did). Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 06/26/2019

For the Love of Mackinac!'s reply:

Okay, now you made me cry. You are both so sweet and it was such a joy working with you! You both deserve the very best in life!

Tim Hudson · Married on 06/14/2019

We would ABSOLUTELY recommend!!

Looking back on our wedding, my wife and I agree that the best decision we made was to hire Carole to coordinate our special day. We are both very organized people with event planning experience, so we were initially tempted to try to plan our wedding completely on our own. Frankly, this would have been a disaster.

Carole thought of so many things that would have never occurred to us without her guidance, and she gave us tremendous peace of mind throughout the planning process. She was always incredibly responsive and quick to answer questions. It is very apparent that she ascribes enormous priority to her clients.

On the weekend of our wedding, Carole took care of every detail for us. Unfortunately, rain caused us to have to move from our originally planned outdoor venue, but Carole worked with our resort to get us an even nicer indoor location than we had originally booked.

Our wedding was so beautiful, fun, and peaceful. We could not have asked for a better way to celebrate our nuptials. The weekend truly exceeded our expectations in every possible way, and the credit is fully owed to Carole.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Maura

Maura Timmons · Married on 06/08/2019

A necessity

As a graduate school student in California that was planning a wedding in Michigan on Mackinac Island, Carole was a must, especially with the 3 hour time difference and managing the venders. She made things incredibly simple and kept me on track in terms of all the planning and arrangements that needed to be made for the wedding. Additionally, Carole was very precise in what she needed from me and had quick responses to any questions I had. Overall, I could not have made my dream wedding a reality without her.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Becky Dillingham · Married on 10/19/2018

Late October on Mackinac!

We wanted to get married on the Island during the height of the colors, and the lowest level of tourists. We chose the week before Halloween, and ended up with a beautiful experience. Carole was amazing! She had warned that the weather could be iffy, but really came through when our outdoor venue needed to be changed-- 2 hrs before the ceremony!-- to an indoor one. This includes changing taxis as well for all the guests!
    We live 9 hrs away, but she hooked us up with the best vendors and venues after accurately assessing our needs. Even our guests were amazed at the attention to detail; and commented she was a step ahead and extremely easy to get along with the whole way.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Brita · Married on 09/28/2018

If you're thinking about getting married on Mackinac Island, Carole is a MUST hire! Every single detail of our wedding went smoothly and she was always so quick in responding to any questions! Carole allowed us to relax and enjoy every part of the day, rather than worrying about logistics or timeline. We really cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Marta · Married on 09/28/2018

Since the “destination” for our daughter’s wedding also happens to be our home on Mackinac Island, we thought we might have an edge in knowing what we needed; nevertheless, we were delightfully surprised at Carole’s deep knowledge of and relationships with island vendors as well as the process itself of pulling off such an important event. Her many years of experience in handling the complex logistics of planning a Mackinac wedding simply confirmed what we already knew about Carole: her relaxed attitude (but everyone got where they needed to be on time and on budget), her gentle humor and wry wisdom (no matter what curves the weather or our families threw), and the absolute love with which she handled every detail of the event (right down to wiping tears of joy from her own eyes!) gave us the chance to enjoy the event ourselves. Carole has an uncanny ability to connect with nearly anyone she meets; we give our absolute highest recommendation to anyone looking to experience the specialness of an island wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Kirissa · Married on 09/14/2018

Carole is a dream and made our wedding perfect! We couldn’t have done it without her. If you are looking for someone to take the stress away from planning, Carole is your person. We absolutely loved her!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/25/2018

Carole was such a pleasure to work with. I knew I wanted to get married on Mackinac Island due to it being a very special destination for my family since I was a child. As soon as I got engaged, I started searching for information about planning a wedding on Mackinac, and right away I saw Caroles name pop up. I reached out and booked her all in the same day. I can honestly say I was never stressed about my wedding, and I feel that is due to Carole. I live about 4.5 hours from the island and was only able to make it up to the island twice to visit venues and meet with vendors, otherwise it was all left in Caroles hands. Anytime that I had a question or needed information from a vendor, I would email Carole and she would take care of it. I also felt that local vendors were so much easier to work with because they already know Carole and have a good relationship with her, I would get comments from vendors such as "oh you're working with Carole so this will be a breeze." On my actual wedding day, the weather did not cooperate and we were back and forth about where the actual ceremony would be (since we had planned for it to be outside.) We did end up having to switch venue, but Carole found us a amazing spot where we could still be outside with a gorgeous tent with hanging lights surrounded by flowers and greenery overlooking the water. I did not have to worry about a thing that day because Carole took care of every little detail from the ceremony all the way until the reception ended. I cannot thank Carole enough, if you are on the fence about whether or not you need a wedding coordinator, I can tell you with 100% certainty it is worth it and will make your wedding planning and wedding day stress free. Thank you again Carole, you are amazing!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Karen · Married on 08/05/2018

Carole was amazing and there are no words to describe the wonderful job that she had done for our family. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She treated us like we were part of her family and now she is a part of ours. Now that the wedding is over, we're going to miss her but will connect real soon. A must for any wedding! Love her!!!!!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    For the Love of Mackinac! 9

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2018

Carole was absolutely amazing. I contacted her the day after we got engaged and started inquiring about getting married on Mackinac Island. She was SO helpful along the way. She would email me when it was time to choose vendors, send me a few choices and I would choose one. She gave me her honest opinion on things and helped make decisions. She was always available for questions and help. The day of the wedding a thunderstorm rolled through just before our ceremony in the garden. Carole was the calm in the storm, quickly finding another option for us that turned out to be just as beautiful. I would give Carole 10 stars if I could. I highly recommend her! She’s the best!!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Madeline · Married on 07/29/2018

Carole is very professional and made my wedding day stress free. I used her "day of" services. Originally, I was not planning on having a day of coordinator. WOW, I AM SO GLAD I DID! There were little things on the days leading up and the day of that that unexpectedly popped up and Carole made everything run seamlessly. She is easy to work with and a total professional. Definitely worth every penny!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Kate · Married on 07/07/2018

Carole is the best of the best!! She was an amazing coordinator for our Mackinac Island wedding!

She has lived on the island for many years and has so many personal relationships with other vendors (she was a personal recommendation from our photographer and on the preferred vendor list from our venue) and people on the island that it's easy for her to get things done well and quickly.

She is an absolute pleasure to work with. Extremely prompt with communication and a true problem solver. She was a hit with all of our family and friends.

I can't recommend her enough! Choose Carole and you'll feel at ease knowing you have the best of the best making sure everything goes perfectly so you can enjoy your special time with family and friends! Carole is the best!!

Sent on 07/11/2018

For the Love of Mackinac!'s reply:

Thank you Kate! It was a pleasure working with you!

Lake · Married on 06/30/2018

I grew up on Mackinac Island and my mom, my husband and I all had a lot of ideas about what our wedding would be like. Carole was so helpful with every aspect of planning and the wedding day. Her intimate knowledge of the island and the venues helped predict any potential issues and add insider touches. Not only is she is such a lovely person and a joy to work with, she made every part of the day perfect. I would highly recommend her to any couple!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Rachelle · Married on 06/08/2018

Carole helped us plan our elopement on Mackinac Island. Our wedding was truly MAGICAL!!! Carole was professional, helpful and attentive. She really listened to what it was that we wanted and she made it all happen effortlessly!! We would highly recommend using her services to our family and friends!!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

Make sure Carole is on your team for your Mackinac Island wedding, you will be so happy she was! She knows the island (and how island time works), she knows the vendors, she knows the venues. I reached out early in the wedding planning process to inquire about her services but, at the time I wasn’t really sure what I needed. Fast forward to a month or so out from our June wedding, and add in one overwhelmed Bride, and I knew I needed help with the logistics of the day. I reached out to Carole again, and she was able and willing to help. I remember feeling like a HUGE weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I sent everything to her that I had planned so far and she took it from there. If I was missing something she let me know what was needed. Details that I would have never thought of, but were important to make the day run smoothly. If I had a question or was unsure of something, she had an answer and offered expert guidance. She was there for the rehearsal and the whole day of (and captured some great pics too! Find her on Facebook). I wanted to be able to enjoy the day and not be bogged down with details, and that is exactly what happened. The day was a blur, but it was completely stress-free! The services she provides are invaluable. She made sure that everyone (bridal party and guests) were where they needed to be and had what they needed. At the end of our wedding night, my husband looked at me and said, “This would never have been possible without Carole.” That is HUGE and so true!!! I remember Carole was always there, always positive, and exactly what I needed. One month out and I am still so deeply thankful that our paths crossed!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Debora · Married on 10/12/2017

Working with Carole was like having your best friend help plan your wedding with you. In only a few weeks (since that was all she had) she helped assemble a team to make our elopement like a fairy tale. The day was flawless and no detail was overlooked. The best decision made was to hire her as my wedding planner, and from there the good decisions kept rolling. Before I called her, I had been nervous that something would go wrong planning from so far away and with so little time. These fears melted away and she helped give us with a day we could enjoy with no worries as all details were covered. She was even there to help me get ready! Thank you does not begin to cover it!

Sent on 11/18/2017
    For the Love of Mackinac! 14
    For the Love of Mackinac! 15
    For the Love of Mackinac! 16

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

For the Love of Mackinac was AMAZING to work with! Carole helped make our wedding the most magical day of our lives! She helped comfort a emotional bride when rain came into play and helped us pull off an outside wedding even with some rain! I can not thank her enough and I am so blessed to have met Carole and for all her wonderful help! She did so much behind the scenes to make our day a perfect living fairy tale!!

Sent on 10/12/2017
    For the Love of Mackinac! 17
    For the Love of Mackinac! 18
    For the Love of Mackinac! 19
    For the Love of Mackinac! 20
    For the Love of Mackinac! 21
    For the Love of Mackinac! 22

Kim · Married on 10/07/2017

We cannot thank Carole and For the Love of Mackinac enough for the tremendous help she provided. She went above and beyond to make sure our daughter and son-in-law had their dream day. The weather was kind of tricky and Carole, knowing how important it was to our daughter, helped make her vision of being married on the front porch of The Grand Hotel a reality. We never would have been able to get everything set up and coordinated throughout the reception without Carole's help and the entire day ran so smoothly. I was able to relax and thoroughly enjoy the special moments your child's wedding day brings. I can't imagine why anyone would want to plan a wedding on Mackinac Island without Carole and the special care she takes to make the day so special!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Emilia · Married on 09/09/2017

Carole was such a help and I know our wedding would not have gone as wonderfully as it did without her. I am the more organized person out my husband and I, and knew that a lot of the details and coordination would fall on me. Having her in our corner allowed to us to not stress out, and completely enjoy our wedding day. Carole took all the stress out of wedding planning and finding vendors, and was very creative with regards to finding solutions to avoid hurt feelings with certain family members or other issues we had. I appreciated her advice and input and would recommend her to anyone without hesitation!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Julie · Married on 08/16/2017

Carole was fantastic! She managed everything we asked her to and more!! We really appreciate her professionalism but the warm, personal touch is what I am most grateful for. There is absolutely no way our wedding day and all of the details could have been as wonderful and memorable without her help. I HIGHLY recommend Carole!!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Daniel · Married on 07/29/2017

Carole was excellent to work with. She made planning a destination wedding virtually painless, and made sure that we were always one step ahead in the planning process. Having her there on the wedding day was invaluable. She made sure everything flowed smoothly, we didn't have to think about anything, which allowed us to enjoy our day even more. Couples who are looking to get married on Mackinac Island, you can't do any better than entrusting your big day in the hands of Carole!

Sent on 08/01/2017

DeEtta · Married on 07/21/2017

I'm not sure I can even begin to express how amazing Carole was as our planner! For the Love of Mackinac helped us book music for the wedding, plan our welcome reception the evening before the wedding, and was our day of planner. Carole always seemed to understand what we were looking for, knew the answers to every Mackinac Island and wedding question, and kept everyone calm and coordinated on the day of the wedding. Things went very smoothly, and she always had a word of kindness or insight just when I needed it most. She definitely helped make our wedding day what we dreamed it would be, and her advice and guidance were invaluable. If you are getting married on Mackinac Island, book For the Love of Mackinac right now.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Jill · Married on 07/01/2017

We really can't put into words how invaluable Carole and her team were to our wedding day. Carole spent countless hours with us starting over a year in advance planning our dream day. We had a lot of ideas of how we wanted our wedding to be and she really brought those ideas to life. She kept us organized and on top of all aspects of our planning and gave us advice or input when needed. The day of the wedding, Carole's team was on top of EVERYTHING! There was not a single detail that was left or forgotten. There was not a single issue that even came up (that we know of!). She kept us on schedule, calm, and enjoying every moment of the day. I would recommend her to ANYONE getting married on Mackinac Island. Her love, attention, and passion shines through in her work! Thank you, Carole and For the Love of Mackinac for the best day of our lives!

Sent on 07/07/2017