Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens Reviews

33 | Denver, CO

33 Reviews for Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens

33 Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens Reviews

JW · Married on 09/23/2018

Christen and her playing partner were absolutely wonderful! We had some specific songs we wanted played and they took the time to learn the songs, understand what we were looking for, and create a set that blew away our wildest expectations. We feel very fortunate to have found Christen and are beyond thrilled at the way everything turned out. We would recommend Christen with the highest confidence!

Chelsey · Married on 09/15/2018

Christen was a pleasure to work with, from start to finish!! She was professional, responsive, and able to answer any questions that I had (which for a Type A person like me was quite a few). She worked with my budget, and because of her affordable prices, I was able to get a flute and cello combo which I had not previously thought a possibility. Their performance the day-of was perfect, and I could not have asked for better musicians for our big day! They completed my vision for a classy, romantic, elegant wedding. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsey! It was wonderful working with you as well, and it was a delight to compliment your wedding day with our music!!

Kim · Married on 07/28/2018

We had an intimate wedding in Vail and Christen and her string trio team played for both our ceremony and reception. They did such a great job! Christen was so helpful and accommodating with our vision and timeline while planning the music for our day. Her website provides many great samples of music to choose from. She also worked on and added more music to her string trio repertoire in order to accommodate both our ceremony and reception. We received several compliments from guests on how much they enjoyed their music. They appreciated the elegant touch it added and the fact that they could easily converse with one another while they were playing. She was very responsive and so easy to work with. I would highly recommend her and her team for any special occasion or event! Thank you Christen!

Donalie · Married on 07/22/2018

Christen played beautifully at my ten year wedding renewal! She even worked with my daughter to perform a surprise duet together as I walked down the aisle which was such a hit. Thank you so much for everything!

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2017

Christen was so wonderful to work with and truly talented. Her professionalism and responsiveness was extremely appreciated as I was planning a destination wedding. Christen made sure she had everything outlined the way we wanted the wedding to go and was such a pleasure to work with! Having live music at our ceremony and cocktail hour was extremely important to me and she was able to work with our budget to make that happen. We would absolutely recommend Christen to anyone looking for a flutist for their wedding!!

Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens 1
    Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens 2
    Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens 3

Mandy · Married on 09/24/2017

Christen is amazing!!! She is such a talented musician. She made my wedding vision come to life!

Margie · Married on 09/16/2017

Absolutely wonderful. So talented and professional. Added such a beautiful touch to the ceremony. Highly recommend to make any occasion special .

Jena · Married on 09/02/2017

Christen was truly amazing at my ceremony! Would absolutely hire her again!

Abby · Married on 07/31/2017

Christen at Flute and Strings was amazing to work with! It was so easy to get our music selections to her and she was quick to respond to any and all questions we had. The day of the wedding could not have gone smoother. Both musicians were punctual and flexible. We originally thought we had a larger ceremony space to work with, but ended up in a smaller venue. Both musicians adapted to the surroundings and didn't miss a beat. My now husband really wanted the Indiana Jones theme music as our recessional and Christen worked with me to have that accomplished as a surprise for him. He was totally surprised and it sounded amazing! We could not thank Christen and her team enough for playing such a memorable ceremony. I would highly recommend!

Matthew · Married on 07/16/2017

Great job, guests enjoyed the live music during our wedding.

Sarah · Married on 12/10/2016

Christen's flute quartet played beautifully during my wedding ceremony in December. They have a very broad repetoire of music to choose from, ranging from classical to contemporary, and are happy to give suggestions that fit may fit your style and/or need. We originally booked them for our cocktail hour as well, however, ended up not needing them--Christen was very flexible and easily amended the contract--I highly recommend Christen and her musicians!

Traci · Married on 07/26/2016

It was just a simple elopement but I couldn't imagine my wedding without some music. Christian not only gave us several choices to select from but did a special arrangement of a song that I requested. The music was beautiful and helped calm our nerves. I would highly recommend her for any size wedding! She was even gracious enough to stay around a bit and sign our marriage license as a witness. :)

Sent on 08/07/2016

Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens's reply:

It was wonderful to have the opportunity to play such an important role in your elopement. We enjoyed playing music for your wedding so much and will certainly remember it fondly!

Krista · Married on 07/25/2016

Christen Stephens, Flute and Strings were absolutely wonderful! For my wedding, I had the three strings instruments playing. I met with Christen at her home to go through the wedding ceremony music with her, and she was very sweet, knowledgable, and flexible. She kept a great level of communication with me all the way up until the big day to make sure everything was perfect. After the ceremony, I kept on receiving compliments from quests about how beautiful the strings were during the ceremony. I highly recommend!!!

Lara · Married on 06/25/2016

Christen Stephens is absolutely the best. She played the most fabulous music during our ceremony. It was gorgeous. She went above and beyond mixing classical music with modern music just as I requested. She even created a gorgeous rendition of a new song for the wedding that went perfectly with the rest of the classical songs played in the processional. I would HIGHLY recommend Christen Stephens.

• cassandra

cassandra · Married on 06/12/2016

Christen was great. Even when the weather changed our plans last minute with no rehearsal, Christen kept right on track and made the day perfect. When working with her to plan the wedding music, she was so helpful and professional. She also sounded amazing! Everything was perfect from working with her in planning down to the ceremony and all the last minute changes. We definitely recommend her for your event!

Nancy · Married on 06/11/2016

Christen was wonderful. Always extremely responsive and even learned a song I requested. Her music was beautiful and many guests went out of their wait to comment. She made the wedding special.

Alina · Married on 06/07/2016

Christen was absolutely amazing! We had our wedding ceremony at Denver Botanic Gardens on June 7, 2016 and couldn't have wished for the greater experience with Christen. We were absolutely impressed with her music, she made our special day magical! The guests loved Christen's playing. I recommend her to anyone who wants beautiful music for their ceremony/wedding, you will be amazed!!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens's reply:

Thank you Alina! It was such a wonderful experience playing for your wedding ceremony and everyone was so kind. It was truely a pleasure!

provided cello and flute music for our sons wedding on the wedding deck, vail , Colorado. Beautiful music! Recommend highly!!!

Richard · Married on 08/07/2015

Christen organized a Trio (Flute, Violin and Cello) for my wife's surprise birthday party. Christen made this really easy to for me by organizing the event, arriving early to setup and making the surprise event very classy and beautiful. All the guests commented on how they loved the music, yet it was not overpowering and allowed guests to either sit and enjoy the music, or socialize. It was the perfect balance. I chose Christen after speaking with her and recognizing her professionalism. I was extremely pleased and would highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens's reply:

Thank you Richard! It was such a pleasure for our trio to play for your wife's surprise birthday party.

We hired Christen and a colleague for a flute-cello duo for our ceremony music and 90 minute cocktail hour. We met Christen ahead of time for a meet and greet and to hear sample songs to help us pick our ceremony music. From the outset Christen was sweet, helpful, kind and most importantly a wonderful instrumentalist. She learned and put together a special arrangement of Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" for our ceremony, which sounded beautiful. Although we were away taking pictures during our cocktail hour, I got rave reports from my bridal party about the music during cocktail hour - which even resulted in a special request and spontaneous singing from our guests to Aladdin's "A Whole New World". My only regret is that I wasn't there to sing along. Absolutely no regrets in hiring Christen - fantastic value for a fantastic performance and experience.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Flute and Strings by Christen Stephens's reply:

Playing for your wedding ceremony and cocktail hour was one of the highlights of our year! Thank you so much for giving us the privilege of having such a special part in your wedding day.

matt · Married on 06/27/2015

Christen was such a professional. She performed at our wedding on June 27, 2015. She arrived early, well-dressed, prepared, and performed beautifully. She was responsive to my initial inquiry and followed up to help me create the program. Her repertoire is extensive. She even purchased sheet music for a special request I had a few weeks before the wedding, practiced it, and performed it as if she had been playing it for years. She was a joy to work with and will add beautiful music to your wedding. You should call her now.

We worked with Christen for our small wedding ceremony at Della Terra Mountain Chateau in October 2014. She played a flute solo for our ceremony. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about her and her services! From the very start, she was so pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable. She is very easy to work with and is so responsive and professional. Her performance was perfect and she played beautifully on our wedding day! The guests absolutely loved listening to her play, as they arrived. We wanted to add an elegant touch to our wedding and she was a perfect fit! I would highly recommend working with Christen to any couple that would like to incorporate beautiful, live music into a wedding.

kaye · Married on 07/26/2014

Having this musical duo at our wedding was so very beautiful and truly made our event! We had at first decided to have some preselected tunes playing - So so glad we then changed our minds and had Christen Stephens and a team member provide our ceremony music...perfect and lovely!! And Christen really took extra time before the wedding to help with choosing the music itself. Highly recommend!!!

Robin · Married on 07/19/2014

Initially we did not plan for live music for our ceremony, but I am so glad we made that change. It really added to the overall look and feel of our mountain wedding and Christen and her team did a great job. We opted for a string trio, and while we chose pretty traditional ceremony music, Christen was great in talking through all the options and even playing a bit of each to help us decide. The trio also played for our cocktail hour, and played a variety of music. I thought it was a great addition to the wedding and would absolutely recommend Christen Stephens!

Christopher · Married on 06/21/2014

Christen is the most professional musician I've had the pleasure of working with.

From the initial communication and contract, to arriving at the venue early, to hiring a keyboardist for part of the event, to playing each of the songs we were interested in featuring.

And her music is outstanding.

I would recommend her - and hire her again - in a heartbeat.