523 Reviews for Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

Vegan (9)
Dessert Buffet (7)
Cookies (6)
Pastries (4)

Fluffy Thoughts Cakes!! Can you say amazing, superior taste and quality! That’s the epitome of Lara and the team at Fluffy Thoughts. Not only do the cakes look like works of art, they are melt in your mouth delicious! Can’t wait for our anniversary cake! Well I won’t be waiting because I’ll have to have them make my birthday cake! If you don’t know about it you need to find out fast and go see them! Simply awesome!

Profile Picture Lakisha , 9/8/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

We would like to thank you for making our wedding cake! Your talent was key to making our dream come true. We can't thank you enough for the cake tasting and the design of our dream wedding cake. You exceeded our greatest expectations to ensure we had the most incredible day of our lives! There is nothing we can say to translate the gratitude we have for your team, your execution, and delivery from the months leading up to the wedding, especially the day of. 5 stars isn't a limit that could capture all you have done.

Profile Picture Darius and Phillip, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

The cakes were delicious and exactly what we were looking for. The guests ate leftovers for the days following the wedding and the cakes kept getting better. We also ordered a bunch of mini-desserts including, pies, poptarts, cookies, lemon bars, etc. They were all delicious and the perfect bite. Lara and the team were great to work with from tasting to the big day. They work with you on the vision and budget you have and make it a reality.

Profile Picture Adam, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Fluffy Thoughts did the cake (actually, a lovely vegan cupcake tower!) for our recent wedding and I would strongly recommend them! The flavors were amazing and they provided a lovely tower structure with topper cake and six different flavor vegan cupcakes. The frostings in particular were so rich and natural in flavor - none of that artificial overly-sweet business. We had them deliver and set up the tower on-site for a reasonable fee and it was totally worth it. I only wish I still had more of the cupcakes to eat myself :)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/23/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We went to four cake tastings and Fluffy Thoughts had the best tasting cake by far! We found they had a great selection of flavors and the "deconstructed" cake tasting was one of the highlights of wedding planning! They were very responsive to emails and extremely helpful in providing information on the phone and during the tasting. The one tip to pass along is that they book up quickly and only are able to take a certain number of reservations for each date. We signed with them more than a year in advance and other people had already signed up for that date before us.

Profile Picture Sondra, 6/2/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Hands down the best cake we have ever tasted! We had an almond cake with raspberry jam. So good!!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They did an amazing job executing our vision with creativity and class. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful the cake was and what a timeless design. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Abbaa, 4/14/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was so overly impressed with the beauty and taste of a bridal shower cake I ordered through Fluffy Thoughts. The decorator captured the elegance and theme of the shower beautifully. I would highly recommend them for any occasion and will be using them again!

Profile Picture Linda, 3/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

MMM….MMM…MMM… I have been thinking about our wedding cake almost every day leading up to the ceremony and almost every day after since meeting Lara and the team at Fluffy Thoughts Cake. Let’s first start with the tasting experience. My mom and I had the pleasure of tasting a variety of cakes (in cupcake-like form), icings, and fillers in a mix-and-match style and sitting down with Lara to sketch out a first draft of our cake. If I could make a scratch-and-sniff sticker of that experience I would – it was so good. As for the wedding cake itself – everyone said it was one of the best wedding cakes they ever had and their only regret is they didn’t help themselves to seconds! As for my flavors – I went with two: (1) vanilla cake with pastel funfetti, strawberry cream cheese frosting with fresh strawberries and (2) chocolate cake with salted caramel drizzle, chocolate ganache, chocolate crunchies, and a vanilla Italian butter cream. As for my only regret – not insisting that someone be in charge of making sure I tasted both wedding cakes night of. Of course I was too caught up in the evening to seek it out and my only taste was the first ceremonial slice (which was still awesome). At least in about 10.5 months my husband and I get to cash in for our complementary cake topper for our 1 year anniversary. Can’t wait!

Profile Picture Megan, 2/18/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

Fluffy thoughts was amazing to work with! They had a huge variety of flavor combinations to choose from, and each layer of our cake (chocolate cake with chcolate buttercream, dark chocolate ganache and raspberry preserves, vanilla cake with passionfruit curd and blackberry buttercream, and red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream) were delicious! They also customized the decorations on our cake to perfectly match our DC wedding theme - a fondant border around the bottom of the cake cut to show the DC sky line was gorgeous!

Profile Picture Erica, 1/27/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Fluffy Thoughts was a joy to work with from our initial tasting through the day of our wedding. Our cake was absolutely stunning and even more delicious than we could have imagined-- something that our guests echoed throughout our wedding weekend. The team at Fluffy Thoughts is extremely responsive and always provided swift replies to our emails whenever we had questions. Everything was seamless and a resounding success. Make sure to sign your contract early because Fluffy Thoughts is the best wedding cake bakery in the DC area and they book up quickly!

Profile Picture E, 12/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I used Fluffy Thoughts Cake for my wedding cake - it was FABULOUS. From design to delivery - the services were excellent.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/9/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Fluffy thoughts treated us with respect for the whole event. when we first walked in, they sat us down and give us a lot of options. we were able to make and design any flavor cake we wanted. the cake taste like it did when i did my tasting. ps, we dont have to freeze our cake for the one year anniversary, they will make a fresh one for our anniversary

Profile Picture marcellus, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious and beautiful!!

Profile Picture Ellyn, 11/11/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were so absolutely thrilled with Fluffy Thoughts. Lara was really nice and responsive, and gave us a very reasonable price point for our dessert bar and cake. We decided to do a small 6-inch cake (pumpkin sponge with cinnamon buttercream, and beautiful fondant autumn leaves for decoration) along with our dessert bar (mini pumpkin pies, Nutella mini pop tarts, chocolate cake pops, vanilla cake pops, and raspberry Linzer cookies). Absolutely everything we tried was to die for. The execution we received the day of was amazing - and every one of our guests demolished the desserts - there was nothing left! We can't wait for our one year anniversary so we can go back and get a pumpkin cake in celebration :)

Profile Picture Demetria, 10/27/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cookies, Dessert Buffet, Pastries, Delivery

Fluffy Thoughts did both our wedding cake and a groom's cake. We were absolutely blown away by both! Working with Lara and her team was so simple and easy--it was like she knew exactly what we wanted before we could even explain it! The cakes both looked and tasted amazing! We received SO many compliments on both cakes. We cannot recommend Fluffy Thoughts more highly.

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Groom's Cake

Thank you so much for making an amazing cake for my wedding. Loved the design and taste. My guests are still talking about it. It was exactly what I wanted and I am definitely happy that I chose you guys to make my wedding cake. Ronan and Susan were such professionals to work with and made the process stress free. Thank you!

Hilina Zikarge
October 7th, 2017

Profile Picture Hilina, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We changed our minds on the cake a few times leading up to the final day, and the Fluffy Thoughts team never skipped a beat working with us. The cake and cupcakes were fantastic and we are still getting rave reviews a couple days later from people who enjoyed both.

Profile Picture Aaron, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

Fluffy Thoughts made our wedding cake. I absolutely LOVED it - it was so delicious (chocolate cake with with chocolate buttercream, with 2 layers of dulce de leche and 1 layer of dark chocolate ganache). They made handmade sugar flowers on the cake - they looked so real and were beautiful! It was one of my favorite details of the wedding. I had a very particular vision in mind for the sugar flowers and Fluffy Thoughts went above and beyond - it looked better than I hoped it would! I'm definitely using Fluffy Thoughts again in the future.

Profile Picture Hillary, 9/30/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery

We had five cake tastings in the DC Metro area including Buttercream in DC and this was the best cake we tasted! The cake tasting experience was also very different than others. They had different frosting and cakes set out so you could make your own cake combination. This gave us the opportunity to pick exactly what we were looking for. The cakes were moist and perfectly baked. The team was professional, responsive, friendly, and the cakes were amazing. You can't go wrong with this company!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/22/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup

Fluffy Thoughts was an excellent choice for our fall wedding-themed pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. It was beautiful and delicious! The bakery was highly recommended by our caterer, Root & Stem, and a great recommendation it was!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

An absolute dream come true! Our gorgeous cake was the talk of the wedding!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake looked and tasted awesome! The guests spoke very highly of the flavors we choose. We can't wait to have our anniversary cake made by them. They made the cake tasting enjoyable and delicious!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We LOVED our Fluffy Thoughts wedding cake! Our tasting was so fun, where we were able to mix and match deconstructed cake, frosting, and fillings to create our perfect cake! Everything was delicious so it was difficult to choose. Lara was so relaxed and gave us so much flexibility to create the perfect cake for our day. It turned out beautifully and was everything we had hoped for! The guests were not disappointed! Thank you Lara and Fluffy Thoughts for making our wedding super tasty!

Profile Picture Molly, 8/12/17, 5 Reviews