17 Reviews for Flax Studios

Multi. Locations (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Proofs (1)
17 Flax Studios Reviews

James was, in a word, fantastic! As a hobby photographer myself, I appreciated the PROFESSIONAL level of work that was delivered! James HAS the camera equipment and knowledge to use it! He provides such a high level of service that some may not even know how to appreciate it!

Profile Picture Nathan, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It's hard to sum up just how terrific our experience was with James as our wedding photographer! Right from the start we could tell how organized James was by taking the time to walk through what the day might look like. This helped put us at ease, it also was very helpful that we met James ahead of time for our engagement photos! We can't say enough about how happy we are with the end results! The photos are incredible and we were SO lucky to work with someone as professional, fun, reliable, punctual, and down to earth as James! You can not go wrong booking with him, however you will go wrong if you don't book him! We would highly recommend him to anyone we know looking for a photographer to capture once in a lifetime memories.

Profile Picture Rosalie, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I cannot say enough about our wedding photographer James of Flax Studios! I had researched many photographers in the state and was immediately drawn to his style of photography, knowing I had to book him. Throughout planning our wedding, James was very organized and detail-oriented. He made time to talk over the phone to go over what visions I had, throw out ideas that I hadn't thought of, and help organize the formal pictures beforehand which was a big time saver. When our wedding day came, James was extremely professional, showing up on time and even capturing some of our last minute decorating moments before guests began to arrive. He was so much fun to work with and when our night ended, both my husband and I could not wait to see some of our photos! James took the time to capture not only the big moments of our day, but also the small, intimate moments. In looking through our photos, I was able to see many moments throughout our day that I wasn't able to witness while getting ready or later into the night. Our photography was one of the most important aspects for our wedding day for me, as these photos will hold our memories for years to come. We couldn't be happier with the outcome! Thank you James!

Profile Picture Krista, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James was absolutely incredible to work with for our wedding. He was very flexible as far as the schedule for the day and really went above and beyond to get some amazing shots for our formals and bridal party. He also had a very laid back attitude that put both my husband and I at ease and I think really helped us to look comfortable in all of our photos! I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Emi, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

James did a phenomenal job capturing the simplicity and elegance of our wedding. We were blown away by the final results. All day long he was polite and professionally handling every situation. He worked with us months in advance to have everything setup just right and organized beforehand. My wife and I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jo, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

You will not regret it! James did an amazing job and was so good to work with. If you're on the fence about hiring him, think no more. Just hire him and enjoy!

Profile Picture Justin & Kristi, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James did an excellent job as photographer of our 7/9/2016 wedding. He was eager to recommend staged shots, but was also able to blend in and capture the candid moments of our wedding and reception. Both before and after the event he was available for questions. A great photographer, who cares about his art, with a focus on customer service. I strongly recommend James for any of your photography needs.

Profile Picture Travis, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We cannot say enough great things about working with James as our photographer. He was very responsive to emails and open to ideas. He was easy to work with on the wedding day, and made taking the photos fun and enjoyable. He has a great eye for artistic shots, and we couldn't be happier with our final product! I would recommend Flax Studios to anyone for their wedding day!

Profile Picture Shaina, 7/3/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

My husband and I loved having James as our photographer! He was both professional and fun to work with, and we always trusted him to provide great quality photos. We got so many compliments on our photos! We also enjoyed getting to do an engagement photo session as part of our package. We would highly recommend Flax Studios to anyone!

Profile Picture Mary, 2/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James was amazing! He captured our day perfectly, and made it look easy. I would highly recommend Flax Studios to anyone looking for a quality, professional photographer.

Profile Picture User5093169, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband Andy and I had James for our August wedding in 2015. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer! He fit right in like we have known him for years. We would absolutely recommend him to anyone that asked!

Profile Picture Kaila, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James was a phenomenal photographer! We loved our wedding photos! For our recent one year anniversary I was able to make a nice collage for my husbands office as a gift and he loved the variety of photos James was able to catch. We were thoroughly impressed with the work James put in the day of the wedding. He ran around the church without being disruptive to the ceremony, would lay on the ground outside to get the optimal shot, and he was creative in finding unique spots to take some intimate photos of my husband and I. Our venue had an industrial looking space that was used for covered parking that James was able to capture some photos of us, I was skeptical how these would turn out but the contrast between my vintage inspired dress, my husbands tux, and the industrial venue made for some spectacular photos. He has an eye for beautiful photography. We would highly recommend James, he was a joy to work with and well worth the minor travel expenses we paid to get him from the coast to the Lewiston area! You won't go wrong choosing him!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Book early, he's very good and very busy. James listens to what you want and uses his own creative genius to come up with some wonderful shots. I will be using him in the near future for some family photos.

Profile Picture Jody, 6/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day

James was great and extremely helpful. Wonderful pictures

Profile Picture Aaron, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James was great! his photography was just a described in our personal meeting! Love him!

Profile Picture Lily, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I booked James for my wedding over a year in advance. I looked through a lot of his photos on Facebook and saw this one album that just caught my eye. Very artistic and professional, but at the same time he could also take spur of the moment type photos. He had everything I wanted. Everything I wanted did come with a steep price though, but honestly it's the same price that all other professional photographers are charging and I think that it was worth it. Also, James is very flexible with timing, where to meet you, where the wedding will take place, who to take photos of and generally pretty much anything you could ask of him.

I do wish there were more photos that would have worked as a large portrait to frame and put on the wall, but none really fit the bill. Many were oddly proportioned making it hard to work with online photo/print vendors. However, the pictures were just stunning.

I would pick him again and I definitely would recommend Flax Studios.

Profile Picture Amber, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews