165 Reviews for Michelle Stern Beauty

Wedding Party Makeup (4)
Eye Makeup (4)
On-Site Makeup (4)
Multi. Stylists (1)

Michelle Stern is an incredible makeup artist and I am so incredibly happy that she did my wedding makeup! I was told about Michelle from a friend and the second I met her, I knew she was going to be my makeup person. She listened to exactly what I wanted, gave me sound advice on what looked best for wedding makeup, and, above all, took her time to make sure you look perfect. Everyone in my wedding party who had their makeup done by Michelle looked gorgeous and received so many compliments. No one felt that their makeup looked heavy (which was a huge concern of my mom) and the makeup lasted flawlessly the whole night. Moreover, she not only did a beautiful makeup job, but made sure my skin was well hydrated and glowing. Michelle is also very fast at responding via email/phone, extremely professional, and just made me feel calm and happy the day of. To be that talented and then also have a fantastic personality is something you need in your makeup artist and Michelle fulfills that and more!!

Profile Picture Aliza, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle was everything I could have asked for and more. We worked together to find the exact look I wanted for both the Rehearsal Dinner and the Wedding. She was patient with me and made sure I was happy with the outcome. I felt my ultimate best! She also did my mom and sisters make up and they looked so beautiful! Michelle made me feel calm and comfortable and during a stressful time that is exactly what I needed. She was friendly, helpful, patient, and just so easy to be around. Everyone enjoyed her company as much as her work! She was an absolute pleasure and I can't wait until I have another event to have my make up done by her.

Profile Picture lauren, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We came all the way to New York from Australia to get married in Central Park. I had never been to the states before and didn’t know anyone there so trying to find a makeup artist was really stressful! I spent hours and hours looking at reviews online and going through Instagram tags without any luck. Then, one of my amazing bridesmaids found Michelle on instagram and tagged me in her photos, as soon as I saw these I said “yes, I’ve found the one!”. On the day Michelle did not disappoint!! She was so lovely and so professional. She did my two bridesmaids makeup and mine and every one of us said it was the best we had ever looked! She worked so well with my hair artist too even though they’d never met, they were a dream team!!! If your looking for a MUA in the states, Michelle is your superstar! Thanks so much again Michelle!!

Profile Picture Skye, 4/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I hired Michelle to do my makeup for my wedding on 3/3, along with my sister, mom, aunt and grandmother's makeup. Michelle is the absolute best. She was so professional, quick, calm and her work is absolutely STUNNING. After my trial I knew I had to book her immediately. Michelle made me feel so confident and beautiful on my wedding day. I wanted to look glamorous but still feel like I looked like myself, and Michelle achieved just that. My makeup was flawless and I got so many compliments. I trusted Michelle completely with my look and it took so much stress out of the wedding day.
Everyone who got their makeup done looked incredible, Michelle tailored each person's application to their needs from my MOH sister to my 81 year old grandmother, we all looked and felt amazing. She gave equal attention and care to everyone and still made sure we were on time for the timeline of the day. She is so sweet and throughout the day was so calm that it helped keep everyone relaxed. My makeup lasted the entire night through to the after party! I plan on using Michelle for all future events, I can't wait to work with her again.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/3/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle did my makeup for my wedding day, and I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about her. From my make-up trial to the wedding, Michelle was absolute joy - professional, attentive and the perfect calming presence for what had otherwise been a very exciting, yet stressful and hectic several months. I was initially unsure if I wanted to go for a natural or more dramatic look - Michelle took the time to work with me during the trial to gauge my style and what worked best on me so I could arrive to this decision on my own. I've already gotten some pictures back from friends, and I'm thrilled with how my makeup turned out! Also, it's important to note that despite some pictures in the rain, dancing, sweating, eating and a generally long, hectic day, my makeup looked perfect all night! I truly cannot recommend Michelle enough. Thank you!

Profile Picture Courtney, 2/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle is absolutely incredible - she made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt in my entire life on my wedding day (even my parents said they thought I'd never looked more beautiful) while still making me feel like myself. I typically hate photos of myself but absolutely love the ones we've gotten so far from our wedding, in large part because my makeup was so amazing. Aside from Michelle's talent, which is quite obvious if you look at her Instagram before-and-after photos and especially if you do a trial, Michelle was extremely professional and great at handling different personalities and helping keep the atmosphere calm on what could be a pretty stressful day. Speaking of the trial, while I thought she did a great job at mine, I decided in the months afterwards that I really wanted a different look on my wedding day. Michelle was completely okay basically scrapping her notes from the trial and starting from scratch and the result was better than I imagined it could be. I have already recommended Michelle to friends and will continue to do so. Really could not be any happier!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle is a rock star! I knew the moment I saw her “before and after” photos her work is transformational in the best way possible! They way she highlights features and blends natural beauty with high style glam is astounding! She was so amazing to have for my wedding day.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I loved working with Michelle on my wedding day and would highly recommend her to anyone in need of an incredible makeup artist!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I absolutely loved my experience with Michelle! I reached out to several makeup artists and she was by far the most professional and accommodating. I love my wedding makeup and will be sure to share photos when I get them :) I highly recommend Michelle & hope to use her incredibly talented self for any future professional makeup needed events going forward :)

Profile Picture Robyn, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle is an incredible makeup artist and just a wonderful human being. She will make you look like the most flawlessly beautiful version of yourself but most importantly you will still look and feel like you! She is exactly who you want by your side on your wedding day. When you think about your wedding vendors, picking talented people is a given but remember to pick vendors who you want to spend your day with...because these people will be supporting you through so many special moments. I wouldn't think twice about Michelle...she's the best in every way. Just feel lucky if you can book her!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle and her team were amazing on our wedding day. They were so attentive to what we wanted and what we envisioned. You could not ask for a better makeup team. People are still talking about how great we all looked!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle is the absolute best! She took care of myself, my mum and sister with all very different skin care needs and made us look the best versions of ourselves for my wedding. She even worked out of the hotel tub to get the best lighting possible - talk about working hard for the cause! I won't use anyone else for my make up for future events. Michelle, you are awesome!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I very recently got married (June 10th 2017) and Michelle did my makeup and my bridesmaids makeup. I can not even put into words how amazing we all looked and felt. She listened to what we wanted and made us all look flawless. My biggest concern when picking a makeup artist was that I wanted someone who would make me look beautiful but also still look like myself. That is exactly what Michelle did. I was the best version of myself that day!

She was on time, fun, and kept the day flowing, and I can not thank her enough. She is so talented, book her for your special day or anytime you want to look amazing! Thank you Michelle xoxoxox

Profile Picture Julianna, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

The struggle of planning a destination wedding is obvious enough. Then, to make things more...exciting, there's finding a suitable makeup artist in one of the largest cities in the world. No easy feat.

But, alas, I found Michelle Stern!

A lot of my time was spent falling down a rabbit hole of makeup artists' websites and Instagrams. So much so I don't even remember how I found Michelle. Oh well, minor details. The point is I found her. Michelle is the everything-you-could-want-in-a-makeup-artist makeup artist!

When I first reached out to her, she was quick to respond and happy to answer my many, likely annoying, questions. As a destination bride, my time in NY was limited. Especially on the front end, which meant that unlike normal brides who do their makeup trial months prior to their wedding, I was having my trial done, horrifyingly close to my wedding. As in a day before. I know. If the trial didn't go well, you could definitely say I was asking for it. Plus, because I'm asian with what some refer to as monolids, a lot of makeup artists don't know what to do with my eyes and when I look in the mirror, I just cringe...But my point is, my trial didn't go bad. It went perfectly. When I looked in the mirror, I felt like the most beautiful version of myself! In fact, I could've just sat in front of a mirror for however long you would've let me because Michelle made me feel that beautiful. And I'm sure she knew it. But being the humble, kind person she is, she asked if I liked it, if I wanted to change anything, etc. It's amazing how in such a huge city, I managed to strike gold with her.

Once you know about Michelle Stern, looking any further is a waste of time. Michelle is the best!!!

Profile Picture Casey, 5/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle Stern is an incredible make-up artist and true professional! During the make-up trial, she really listened to what I wanted while still trying a few different lip options (full make-up, dramatic eyes). She was extremely accommodating given that I lived in Toronto but was getting married in NYC. At the time, I also did not have a hair stylist so she made a recommendations and I ended up going with her referral who was also excellent. On the day of the wedding I had gotten a spray tan and she adjusted all the coloring appropriately. She single-handedly did make up for my 4 bridesmaids and the mother solo in less than 4 hours which demonstrates incredible time management as well. I have never felt so beautiful in my life. You can see for yourself her amazing talent on her Instagram at MZstern and my transformation here https://instagram.com/p/BUU4J_BhW5c/ .

Profile Picture Alison, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was VERY selective with who I chose for my MUA. I studied many artists' portfolios meticulously and went through way too many (and at times even overpriced) trials before I found Michelle. She was the only one who understood my face, and it showed especially in the way she applied foundation and contouring. Somehow she simultaneously made me look flawless for the camera and maintained my natural look in person.... and you can't find that with just anyone. Michelle was super cool to work with, too. On the day of my wedding she and a partner did all six of my bridesmaids plus two mothers, and the getting ready atmosphere felt like a glamorous party. Everyone loved her. Oh, and we all arrived on time to the church looking like supermodels.

Profile Picture Gillian, 5/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I did my due diligence and scheduled many makeup trials to ensure I was absolutely in love with both my makeup and the artist for my wedding day. There are SO many moving pieces and different vendors for your wedding and peace of mind is absolutely key. If you have any worries or concerns, do not proceed because come wedding day, when all of the hard work is done, it is your time to enjoy and soak in every single minute! Being worried about either someone not showing up on time or not performing exactly to your liking simply isn't worth it. With Michelle I had absolutely NO worries! I saw a photo of the before and after of makeup Michelle did for a wedding on Instagram and immediately scheduled a trial. From my trial through my wedding day, communicating with Michelle was a breeze. I was never confused or concerned about anything, her prices are extremely reasonable and comparable, and her work is flawless. Michelle is a consummate professional with so much knowledge and skill, but she is also an absolute joy to work with as she is friendly, warm, kind and calm. My entire bridal party couldn't stop raving about how much fun we had with her while we got ready, and how beautiful all of our makeup looked. I would hands down recommend Michelle ten times over for her services and would use her again myself in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Lyndi, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Accessible and professional, quality work

Profile Picture cheryl, 4/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, Makeup

Michelle was amazing she made me look and feel so beautiful her work is impeccable I was very happy with everything she is amazing I would definitely recommend her not only is she very professional but her makeup is unreal. Thank you so much for making me look so beautiful you have hands of gold!

Profile Picture Gentiana, 3/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Booking Michelle would have to rank as one of the top three decisions that I made for my wedding on 2/19/17! Everything about her process was fantastic. She was easy to communicate with prior to the wedding, she was on time, and she was calm and fun to hang out with on the day of my wedding. Michelle did my makeup, my mom's and my officiant/bridesmaid's makeup and we all looked fantastic. You can even see my before and after pictures on her Instagram page if you want proof of her talent and attention to detail. She honestly is worth every penny and I would hire her again in a second. I had so many compliments on my makeup and how she made me look like "a better version of myself." I wish I could have her around me at all times to do my makeup :) Even my father-in-law couldn't stop commenting on how nice mine and my mom's makeup looked (and he might be the last person to notice something like that)!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle did the make up for my daughter's wedding Feb 2017. She did my daughter, a bridesmaid, and my make up. We all looked absolutely beautiful. I'm 63 and after Michelle was done I looked 15 years younger. The guests at the wedding raved about how good we looked. When I show people pictures, they say my daughter should be a movie star and thst I looked fantastic. My make up was done first at 9 am and lasted all night. Michelle worked efficiently but would not allow the hair stylist to rush her. I encouraged her to put pictures of us old ones on her website, but I don't believe she did. I can't recommend her enough. Thanks Michelle for helping make beautiful memories .

Profile Picture Marcy, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle provided makeup services for me, 4 bridesmaids and 2 flower girls on the day of my Wedding on October 16th 2016. We all loved our makeup! Our makeup lasted all day and night and we all looked beautiful! She is amazing! She was punctual, friendly, patient, graceful and listened to and took care of every request. She is a professional, kind, and talented artist. She is an absolute joy to work with and I look forward to booking her again.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup

Where do I even start...

I hired Michelle to do the makeup for myself and my wedding party this past September. I can't even begin to say enough great things about not only her work, but her personally. She is super talented, warm, friendly and easy-going. She listens to what you are envisioning as well as makes suggestions. On my wedding day, my makeup looked so glamorous and perfect. I am really particular about everything too, but it was just stunning. My skin was dewey and glowing. My husbands mom never really wears makeup or dresses up for that matter, and her makeup brought TEARS to her eyes. She said she had never seen herself look that way. So beautiful.

So for real, don't look any farther... book her! And don't wait, she books up fast. Check out her website. The before and after's speaks for themselves!

Profile Picture dana, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle is truly as good as it gets, and just did my makeup for my August 2016 wedding. After evaluating recommendations for many high-end makeup artists, I was still concerned that I was going to look too old-fashioned and cliche bridal on my wedding day. I was almost at the point where I was OK with doing my own makeup, as I have really never been as happy with an artist as I am with myself doing my makeup. I was really looking for someone who was going to have the most advanced and fresh approach to my wedding day makeup, and I completely found that in Michelle. She is incredibly professional, highly responsive, and took extremely detailed notes while doing my trial. I felt completely confident in choosing Michelle as my makeup artist for my wedding from the day that I met her. Michelle really cared about my skin - what I am prone to and what products would be best for me based on that. If you are someone who is a product junkie and cares a lot about skincare, you can feel confident that Michelle knows and works with the best of the best and will adjust her approach based on your skin. I have gotten so much feedback from people about my makeup - looked like myself but the best version of myself - and my mom, mom-in-law, and girls who joined me for makeup would definitely agree. Her presence on my wedding day was calming and positive and I felt like I was in the best hands ever. Look no further, and 100% treat yourself to a trial.

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/1/16, 1 Review