First City Events Reviews

First City Events 2
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/04/2019

Bonnie is amazing!

Bonnie and her team are amazing! I purchased the Peaceful Day Package from FCE and it was hands down the best money I spent. Bonnie and her team went above and beyond. She was involved throughout the entire planning process and ensured my big day ran as smoothly as possible from setup until breakdown. With living out of state, she made planning a destination wedding and going over details via phone seamless. Hire First City Events!! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 03/02/2019

Great experience!

We worked with Jeff as our DJ and he did a great job! He was responsive to questions before the wedding and he honored our requests. I would highly recommend this company!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Cristine Frietze · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing Experience

Bonnie and Jeff were a pleasure to work with. Bonnie made everything easy when it came to contracting and securing our date and Jeff was the BEST wedding DJ. I don't think our dance floor was ever empty. Everyone had the best time and he kept the night moving smoothly. I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you again for everything!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Jacqui

Jacqui · Married on 11/17/2018

We love Jeff!!

Jeff Karr is so amazing to work with! He was so patient and really helped with planning our band-which had not done too many weddings before. He communicated great between the band and us and was super helpful. He was so excellent to work with and always is! I would ever use anyone else for a DJ in Savannah. Really good people!! Thank you for contributing to my perfect, dream wedding!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Kourtney Wise · Married on 11/01/2018

Perfection!

Jeff at First City Events was so easy to work with! I planned my Savannah wedding from Wisconsin and he put my mind at ease and assured that the sound and music would be under control! He brought the fun atmosphere to the reception and our guests danced all night. The last dance of the reception he captured an awesome video of everyone dancing and it’s something I can look back on forever now!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Z

Zachary Register · Married on 10/13/2018

LADIES - This is the best DJ in Sav (Groom's take)

So, as the Groom I wasn't necessarily keen to ask for responsibilities when it came to planning the wedding, but I did ask to handle the entertainment/DJ. We of course were on the fence for live music vs. DJ. Savannah is such an interesting city because of the venues. We had a larger wedding party of about 110 guests and we wanted an open space that wasn't a hotel. This limits available space and I wanted a DJ because of a variety in the playlist. So, why First City Events?!

We talked with a few different DJ vendors (PLEASE TALK WITH MORE THAN JUST ONE). If you're on this site you're seeing the total competition. Once we talked with Bonnie I knew we were in the right place. Bonnie was EXTREMELY accommodating. We were promptly given the contract information with different price packaging. The contract and other documentation was easy to read and by no means made you feel overwhelmed with everything else going on with a wedding. Bonnie explained everything really well and told us about the company and the staff. They asked a little bit about us and what we wanted out of the entertainment. This lead us to being paired with Jeff.

JEFF KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. My wife had a strict "DO NOT PLAY LIST" as well as other requests. I had my own requests as well so I asked Jeff if we could just talk. Jeff immediately replied to my email and we set up a phone conversation. He was extremely personal and was adamant about meeting our wants and needs. He told me what he would like me do so it would help him plan the perfect evening and this truly made all the difference. My wife and I sat down and actually discussed how we wanted guests to feel since so many weddings can just fall apart once the entertainment starts. Jeff helped us here because we did not want guests requesting music directly unless it came from my wife or I. Jeff was extremely professional at all times and many guests commented how his presence was known but also not known. He didn't try to overtake the wedding and be "that loud DJ", but rather he made sure the entertainment was about the couple (you!).

Jeff made us a fantastic cocktail list where our entire party just had this electric vibe during cocktail hour. We had softer music and fit in some classics for the older crowd during the dinner hour. People were also moving along to the music as they ate and you could just see the smiles on everyone's faces. Finally, we had given Jeff a list of songs we really wanted to hear and artists who we really like. The music was so perfect with how it proceeded that I really wished I had asked Jeff to make me a copy of the playlist he used so I could relive those moments on a long car trip.

Why go with First City Events? Because they cater to you and they are so readily available to answer any questions or concerns you might have. I felt that my bride and I were rather "needy" because we had many requests of "dos/don'ts" but Jeff reassured us constantly that this was our day and he wanted to make it perfect. I emailed Jeff after the wedding and he said "it was my pleasure and it means everything that you two are happy." That's the service you want. Choose First City Events and make your day special!!!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2018

Ashley was perfect! She was extremely professional, answered emails within minutes, and right on time with everything. She completely made my wedding day a breeze! I could not imagine planning our wedding without her!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    First City Events 4

Renee · Married on 09/22/2018

Bride, the now Mrs.

Bonnie and the crew were so amazing!! Bonnie herself was very knowledgeable, had great advice and feedback, was organized, professional, and is overall a good person so what else can you ask for! Her assistants as well were helpful, kind, professional, and so very nice. They all made the big day a breeze!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Elizabeth

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2018

Total rockstars!

I used First City events for our wedding and I could not be happier with everything they did. The service and piece of mind Bonnie and her team provide is absolutely priceless. Bonnie is lovely and so easy to work with. She is the reason I was able to fully enjoy the best day ever! Booking First City Events for your wedding will be the best decision you make!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing Experience

Working with Bonnie and Jeff made our wedding planning experience so much more enjoyable and stress free. Bonnie recommended nearly all of our vendors and answered every question I had almost immediately. Her suggestions were top notch and she made our wedding dream a reality. Jeff listened to our music choices and put together one amazing party. Our guests danced so much we had to kick them off the dance floor at the end of the night! I highly recommend First City Events for your wedding!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Calyn · Married on 05/19/2018

Bonnie was a fabulous day of coordinator. She sent me reminders when the day was closing in of things she needed from me, and stayed on top of the schedule throughout the weddinf

Sent on 05/22/2018

Meagan · Married on 04/14/2018

Best Day Ever

Bonnie and her team at first city events were leaps and bounds beyond what we ever expected from a wedding coordinating business. Not only did they execute the wedding planning/coordinating perfectly, they offered so much more support along the way. My husband and I are certainly not the most prepared or organized people and First City Events still managed to carry out all of our wishes without a single flaw to create a literal dream come true! The feeling of knowing you have the most trustworthy, creative and passionate wedding coordinating team by your side on such a huge day is immeasurable!

Sent on 12/07/2018

haley · Married on 03/23/2018

So helpful!! Kept us on time for the weekend

Sent on 03/30/2018

Rachel · Married on 02/24/2018

i highly recommend Bonnie with first city events! extremely helpful and very organized. she was on top of everything for the wedding! and it all went very smooth. I didnt have to worry about ANYTHING. Her husband was our dj, and that was AMAZING. the songs were on point!!!! i would definitely choose this company for a wedding!!!!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Brianna · Married on 11/11/2017

Bonnie and her team did such a wonderful job planning our wedding! We had full service and wouldn't have had it any other way! We didn't have to worry about a thing the day of and everything turned out exactly how we envisioned it but BETTER! It was seriously he best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Sydney · Married on 10/22/2017

Jeff and Bonnie from First City Events were great to work with. Fast to respond and very professional! I would recommend them to any future bride! Thank you!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Chimere · Married on 04/29/2017

Bonnie Kaar with First City Events was my Day of Planner. Now “Day of” is misleading, because she really assisted my every need and question promptly throughout my entire planning process ( ~ 1 year.) I knew I could rely on her expertise and opinion. She kept me on track reminding me of deadlines, and as the big day got closer I was constantly reminded that I was in good hands. The actual day of, Bonnie and her team, helped keep us all on track and if anything did go wrong she handled it without ever having to disturb me. The whole day was an absolute dream because of Bonnie and her team.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Ashley · Married on 02/11/2017

My husband and I had our wedding in February in Savannah at the Charles Morris Center. This was a destination wedding for us so it was really important to get a great wedding planner to help. We found Bonnie and are so happy we did! She was amazing! We chose the "Run of Show" package and it was everything we needed and more. Bonnie was constantly available to answer my emails and was thorough in sending us lists of vendors to use. She really helped take a lot of the stress away from planning a wedding. The month before the wedding she basically took over and contacted vendors and helped make the finishing touches perfect. The day of the wedding was perfect! Everyone told me that there is always something that goes wrong on your wedding, but nothing did! I owe this to Bonnie and her team. They were amazing. They made sure we had our car packed up at the end of the night with all of our things without us even knowing which was amazing. We did not have to worry about a thing. Her assistant was amazing as well and helped us set up a picture frame the night before because I could not figure it out. I can't say enough about how amazing Bonnie and her team were. They made our day amazing and we are so thankful for this. Also we used First City Events for our DJ services and he was amazing too! Thank you so much Bonnie and First City Events!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Jackie · Married on 10/15/2016

The best decision we made for our destination wedding was choosing First City Events to plan our wedding! Bonnie is AMAZING and I cannot imagine our weekend without her! Our wedding in Savannah was a destination for us and realized at the beginning that we were going to need a planner. We had done some research on our own but relied on Bonnie’s experience and knowledge of the city of Savannah to make decisions. Her recommendations for venues and vendors were spot on! And it was so nice having her pull our entire wedding timeline together! She really did have everything planned out from start to finish that day. Bonnie is exactly who we needed and I can't imagine anyone else coordinating. Our wedding was the weekend after Hurricane Matthew and to say that we were stressing is an understatement. We were also so concerned about all of our vendors and their families! Bonnie - the wedding planner extraordinaire that she is reassured us everything would be fine. And it was! She was working without power, access to email and her computer at some points! She even moved an entire wedding the weekend prior to ours due to Hurricane Matthew to Atlanta. In the midst of that chaos she still kept us calm and reassured us that everything would work out for our day and it did! Bonnie and team handled everything from BIG things to small things and always with a smile on their face. It was so nice to come to Savannah and feel relaxed leading right up to the wedding. Their hospitality truly shined through. Her and her team were organized and had everything under control. And we can't say enough about her assistants either. They were around that day to make sure everything went smoothly! We were also thrilled to be working with FCE as our DJ. They were excellent! Our dance floor was full and they played everything that we wanted. If you are looking for an incredible team and one that feels like family you need FCE for your day!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2016

After working with Bonnie and Victoria during my sister's wedding, it was a no brainer that we wanted to work with these ladies while planning my own wedding. My husband and I decided to celebrate our marriage in the waterfront backyard of my childhood home. My mother worked tirelessly with Bonnie in Savannah while I chimed in all the way from Seattle. Bonnie understood how important it was for me to feel heard and included in all of the details of the planning process and constantly kept me up-to-date from all the way across the country. Bonnie is truly an expert in her field, with connections and relationships with all of the best wedding vendors in Savannah. On the day of the wedding, we worked with Victoria as our lead coordinator. Victoria was at my parents house before I even woke up that morning, ready to get to work, and was there long after my husband and I departed late that night. She had such a calm and quiet presence and made sure that the preparation, ceremony, and reception went off without a hitch. Bonnie, Victoria, and all the staff of First City Events were absolutely incredible and helped us have our dream wedding!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/07/2016

Bonnie and everyone at First City Events were fantastic to work with! Bonnie was so helpful in explaining the various options and helping us pick the entertainment package that best suited our occasion (Bar Mitzvah). She was very professional in handling contracts, payment and everything else in between. Through her experience she was able to help advise us on timing of toasts, line dances, etc and very accommodating of playlist requests.
    The evening of our party, we were blown away by how well everything went. Tyson, Brian and Denmark were amazing!!! They kept the dance floor hopping from beginning to end. No easy feat with so many kids involved. The music choices were great and the special games kept the kids (and adults) entertained. And to top it off, although I had only casually mentioned to Bonnie that we were having a sports themed party, they came in referee shirts - an awesome added touch. It was an incredible evening!
    I would highly recommend First City Events. We will be calling them again!!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Maria · Married on 04/30/2016

Working with First City Events is truly what made my wedding so spectacular!! I have had the pleasure of working with FCE often for the last several years and there was NEVER a question of who I would use when the time came for my own wedding. Their creativity, professionalism, timeliness and passion for making sure the event is amazing is what sets them apart from anyone else in the area. My husband and my goal for the wedding was to not have to answer a question, be whisked from one event to the next and dance all night - and that is exactly what we did! The night was effortless!! (at least on our part ;) ) Having Jeff as our DJ was the icing on the cake and my friends and I were blown away with each song he played, it was TOO fun!!!
    Basically, if you are looking for an event company for ANY reason, First City Events should be your first choice, hands down!!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Jackie · Married on 03/26/2016

By far, one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding was to book Bonnie and her team. As our wedding in Savannah was a destination for us, we relied on Bonnie’s expertise and recommendations for venues, vendors and timelines. She certainly did not disappoint and we absolutely LOVED working with her.

Leading up to our wedding and on our wedding day itself, Bonnie and her team were consistently 10 steps ahead of us. There were countless times I would think of something, only to find that Bonnie had already taken care of it. It was such a relief to know everything was in such great hands and that she was managing every detail from the small to the big. Not only did she ensure our day went as planned, but she kept me calm, relaxed and as stress-free as possible. That in itself is priceless!!!

We were also thrilled to be working with Jeff as our DJ. He was excellent at reading the crowd and playing a wide variety of music styles that suited everyone. Our dance floor was full the entire night and that is certainly thanks to him. He ensured all of our special songs were played and he was excellent at handling requests from our guests.

Aside from his skills as a DJ, he was wonderful to work with and was super flexible the day of our wedding, when the temperamental weather had us moving his set up inside and outside.

We would highly recommend booking FCE both as your DJ and for your wedding planning needs!! Their services are priceless and was by far the best investment we made in our wedding. Do yourself a favour and work with Bonnie and her team – you will be so happy you did!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Bonnie and FCE were the key to our perfect wedding day. When I say perfect, I mean it. The only thing that went wrong the day of was some silk ribbon that got wet, and that was taken care of promptly. Now, I'm the type of person who usually has exceptionally high expectations. So I had basically decided that the wedding day couldn't possibly live up to my expectations. But, it totally exceeded them, and that's thanks to Bonnie, FCE and all the fabulous vendors who helped with our big day.

Sent on 03/25/2016