Fiddler's Elbow Country Club Reviews

17 Reviews for Fiddler's Elbow Country Club

• Jeanne

Jeanne Poehner · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Fantastic People, Wonderful Wedding Venue

From the beginning to end, our experience at Fiddler's was exceptional.

First, the event design: Working with Meghan, Fiddler's consummate wedding coordinator, was a wonderful experience in all aspects. Through the months of planning together, we were continually impressed with her professionalism, creativity, and attention to every detail, no matter how small or large. Meg's willingness to work with some of our ideas (we wanted to customize the event with our own touches to ) made the process smooth and eased our level of stress throughout. No matter what the request or concern was, Meg was there to answer our questions, and always went the extra mile!

Second, the gourmet food: Kyle, the banquet manager, was also most attentive to our requests and needs, from our initial tasting evening, to the event itself. The food was spectacular as well as plentiful, from hors d'oeuvres to the sit down dinner, and beautifully presented; from an Asian fusion station to a pizza truck, and too many other hors d’oeuvres to mention, to chateaubriand or sea bass perfectly prepared for each guest..Based on a photo inspiration from our daughter, and Fiddler’s option to choose your own cake and filling, the Fiddler's pastry chef created the perfect custom cake!...all the way around, it was a spectacular event...from start to finish. The staff operates like a well oiled machine, and many of our guests took notice at how effortlessly they served us our different courses throughout the evening.

Third, the facility and amenities: When you have your wedding at Fiddler’s, you have access to the club for the whole day…the whole bridal party was in the lap of luxury in the bridal suite, as they prepared for the wedding ceremony, and groomsmen in their own gentlemen’s suite…breakfast and lunch being provided in beautiful and private surroundings. Our daughter’s wedding was offsight and upon our return to Fiddler’s we encountered a thunderstorm at the beginning of what was supposed to be outdoor family photo time.. once the shower passed, Meg didn’t miss a beat and handled our arriving guests, and even provided towels so the photos could go on outside without any issue to the bride’s gown…WOW! We are still over the moon, and couldn't be happier!! Thank you Fiddler's!!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Elizabeth Richardson · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Fiddler’s Country Club for a wedding day that is perfection.

Incredible staff. Every detail planned for and executed to perfection. Venue is beautiful, staff outstanding, food scrumptious.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Rose Leonardi · Married on 05/04/2019

Well organized, professional, punctual, helped us every step of the way.

This is a beautiful place both the grounds and the club. The day began as we dressed to the evening cocktails and dinner. Food was delicious, well organized and professional. Staff was gracious and ready to serve the guests.
    The bride and groom enjoyed the day without worry.
    An awesome day.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Karen · Married on 03/24/2018

Our daughter's wedding at Fiddler's Elbow Country Club was extraordinary from beginning to end. From the moment we met Teri Stellato, the event coordinator, and we explored the beautiful space and grounds of the club, we knew we found the perfect place for our daughter's wedding. Every step of the way Teri was there. On the morning of the wedding, the bridal party was given large suites, upstairs in the club, to prepare for the wedding and a spread of delicious breakfast and lunch items to snack on until the ceremony. The attendants made sure all our needs were met.
    Though the weather wasn't warm enough to hold any of the events outside, the ballroom was transformed to a beautiful ceremonial space , with the help of our amazing florist, Jardiniere from Far Hills. They opened the curtains to expose a stunning sunset view of the golf course, and the hills of Bedminster, New Jersey.
    Everyone raved about the food at both the cocktail hour and the reception. It was abundant and delicious! The quality of wine and cocktails were first class.The entire staff of Fiddler's was so attentive. Jade, the banquet manager made sure all the events of the evening went smoothly. It was magical! They are all the best!
    If you are looking for a venue to host a wedding or any event, I would highly recommend Fiddler's Elbow Country Club.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 10/06/2017

My husband and I got married on October 6, 2017 and had our reception at Fiddler’s Elbow. We booked the event in July, 2016 with Lorraine and after meeting her, and having a tour of the venue we were excited to work with her. However, during the summer of 2017, the management switched to Jade and Teri. These two ladies were absolutely amazing! When we started talking details with them, they had been there maybe a month, and they knew the answers like they had been there for years. They were very professional, honest and easy to work with. They made our wedding day perfect. We appreciated their constant check-ins with my husband and I throughout the night, ensuring we were doing okay and seeing if we needed anything (always making sure we had a fresh drink in our hand). The day before the wedding I gave Teri a list of how we wanted the room decorated and when we arrived after the ceremony everything was exactly how we had dreamed.
    The day of the wedding my bridesmaids and I got ready in the bridal suite -"The Reagan Room" upstairs at Fiddler’s. They provided breakfast and lunch for all of us. The hair salon came out to Fiddler’s and loved the set-up of the room, easily enough space to do 8 bridesmaids, 2 moms and my hair.
    FECC strives to provide excellent service. As was evident every time we met with Teri, Jade, and the other wonderful employees. All of our venders have told us that they really enjoyed working with the staff at FECC.
    They have a shuttle that my husband and the groomsmen took after getting ready at FECC for transportation to the church.
    The outdoor space is stunning (and one of the main reasons why we picked FECC). The terrace with the awning, fire pits and fireplace was ideal for a Fall wedding. The sunset over the golf course was picturesque. The exterior stone building makes a perfect backdrop for photos and is gorgeous as guests drive up to the venue. The reception room has a stage for the band and a large dance floor.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 10/06/2017

They have a special lighting system that allows for direct spotlights on the centerpieces, along the façade of the walls and also on the maid of honor and best man while they give their speeches. It is perfect place for a classic, elegant wedding.
    The food was absolutely delicious. My husband's grandmother, raised in Italy, is still talking about the charcuterie table during the cocktail hour and the crab cake appetizer (it’s been 6 weeks since the wedding). The serving of the entrees was impressive as well – 3-4 servers all come out at once so the entire table is served at the same time. The pastry chef is very talented and made us the most perfect cake. It was absolutely delicious!
    The brick oven pizza truck at the end of the night was exactly what our guests wanted. We ended the night with a sparkler send off. Our guests filed outside and formed a tunnel with the sparklers. Jade had a golf cart for us at the end on the other side which we jumped on and rode off into the night. Afterwards, our guests enjoyed personal sized brick oven pizza’s already boxed in the parking lot while waiting for the bus back to the hotel. It was a magical ending to the most perfect day!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I got married at Fiddler's Elbow on May 14, 2016 after booking our date in December of 2014. From the moment we booked the venue with Lorraine we knew we were in good hands and were 100% confident that we would receive the best of everything at this venue. We were not disappointed! By the time our wedding came around the already gorgeous venue had been totally renovated. Everything, including the china, was new. The staff was extremely friendly and on point which was noted many times by our guests. The banquet manager Tim was incredible - making sure the night of was nothing short of total perfection. Some of my favorite things about this venue:

Gorgeous outdoor space but also a huge and gorgeous interior in case of rain. Luckily we only had an hour of rain on our wedding day, and the rain stopped before cocktail hour but it was really nice knowing that if all 180 guests had to be inside, that would have been no problem. Plus: during the hour of rain we had plenty of indoor locations for photos: in the wine cellar, in front of the stone in the ballroom & in front of the window on the spiral staircase.

The outdoor patio is amazing! Fiddler's had strung white lights throughout + had a bunch of outdoor heaters. A great place for cocktail hour and to cool off between dances! My husband and I went outside (directly from the ballroom) every 3 to 4 songs which was really great! Also, lots of our guests enjoyed the space throughout the night either taking a few minutes for a more quiet conversation or to enjoy a cigar.

Very big dance floor and a stage for the band. Plus: bathrooms right off of the ballroom. This was really helpful for the grandma's - no stairs :)

Interior & Exterior Stone: So pretty!

The Food: AMAZING!! We had the crab and red pepper soup, harvest salad, duo lobster tail and filet entree and the black magic cake for dessert. The pastry chef is amazing and our cake was not only delicious but also absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

Terrific! It took my fiancée and I a lot of searching to find our perfect venue and Fiddler's was beyond what we dreamed of. It truly was a magical wedding classic, elegant, and beautiful. Lorraine ensured that we were happy throughout the whole process and on our wedding night. the food was superb, decor gorgeous, and plenty of staff. Our only complaint was during our rehearsal the banquet Manager Tim seemed to be very disorganized. All in all thought it was a terrific experience.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Meghan · Married on 08/01/2015

I can't even begin to put into words how unbeleivable our wedding was, credits to Lorraine, Greg, and the rest of the team at Fiddler's. It was truly magical, and more than my husband and I could have imagined. It was well beyond our expectations. Our families and friends can't stop talking about it! They continue to rave about everything, from the beautiful landscape, to the delicious food, to the magnificent and recently renovated ballroom....everything. It's impressive to see such a large event run SO smoothly, certainly a credit to all of the hard work put in by Lorraine and the team at Fiddler's. Excellent service is clearly a priority, as was apparant from the moment we toured last year.

Fiddler's absolutely captured the vision for our wedding, which was large in number, but intimate and fun in nature. The club is so incredibly gorgeous, especially the ballroom, and the food was spectacular (as always)! I'll never forget the feeling I had that night, looking around and seeing my friends and family all together, in what seemed like a magical setting.

Greg was awesome. He took care of us from the minute we started getting ready to be introduced, until way after the party was over. He made sure we ate (the amazing food and cake), and drank plenty of water. He was great, and made sure things went smoothly late into the night. Plenty of guests raved about his "amazingness" as well! I'm so grateful to have had such a picture perfect wedding day, and so grateful to feel so at home at such a beatuful place. I recommend Fiddler's Elbow as a wedding venue a thousand times over!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Located about forty minutes outside of New York City, Fiddler's Elbow provides a beautiful setting for an elegant country wedding. Having recently hosted my daughter's wedding reception there, I cannot say enough about how responsive and professional their staff is. The facility is beautiful, the food delicious, and my guests (not to mention the bride and groom) truly enjoyed the evening.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Laura · Married on 08/25/2012

I recently got married at Fiddler's Elbow and I have to say everything was absolutely perfect. For what you pay, you really get a lot for each of your guests. Everyone still reminds me how amazing the food was, how great the service was and how the flow of the night was seamless. During the planning process, my father and father-in-law met with the banquet managers because I live in San Francisco. Fathers are actually more demanding than the Bride and I was very impressed at how well they handled our requests and demands. They were very accommodating to each detail and I was so impressed with the end result. The room is beautiful, the back porch is huge, and it is underrated for the press it already gets. The venue grounds were very well kept, and the main dining room has a huge dancefloor with a stage. It really gives the effect of a top notch wedding. It isn't your typical "Grand Ballroom". It has a very country feel to it with exposed brick walls and floor to ceilling windows with doors leading to the wrap around covered porch. Being a former wedding planner myself, I have seen weddings that cost $100k and above (for just the venue) - after seeing those and then mine, there was no difference except for price. I will always be partial to my wedding but it is because everything was just perfect. This review will never do the venue the justice it deserves and that is because there are so many different details that are rare in your typical wedding venues. Go visit the space and you will see what I am talking about! We had 180 guests and all in it was very reasonable.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Megan · Married on 08/18/2012

Fiddler's Elbow is not only beautiful but has the most amazing staff and food!!! Everyone there is so kind, thoughtful and helpful!!!! For example, the woman who helped run our wedding, Barbara, even brought her own steamer in case we needed it for the bridesmaids dresses- they think of everything!! We also had my puppy as the ring bearer and it was a cool evening so after the ceremony he relaxed in my mom's car and the valet parking guys were checking on him all night! We didn't even ask them too- so nice :-)
    We also got tons of compliments from our guests saying it was the best wedding they have ever been too!!!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Sue · Married on 07/23/2011

Amazing Amazing Amazing! Doug is the best, he'll do anything and everything to accomodate what you need. The club does require a membership charge or a sponsorship by a current memeber of the club. The venue is beautiful, with both an indoor and outdoor cocktail area. Food is amazing, ballroom is epic, and the entire second floor is the bridal suite. A lovely place for a fantastic wedding.

Sent on 08/10/2011

On the whole, I was very pleased with Fiddler's Elbow as the venue for my cocktail hour and reception. Doug Graubard was both knowledgeable and personable, and he was willing to accommodate more than the usual number of food tastings, which we sincerely appreciated since the menu was one of our top priorities. Although he could be slow to respond to e-mails, he made a point of returning phone calls in a timely manner. Doug offered us a 10% military discount off the entire package, on top of the 10% Friday discount. Even so, the price per head was still higher than we had budgeted, but the food was superb and the service was excellent.

Bernadette Mitchell, the in-house florist, provided us with bouquets (including a free throw bouquet for the bouquet toss), table centerpieces, pomanders to adorn the ends of the pews in the church, and some larger vases for the place card table and church altar. Her knowledge of flowers is incredible. She photocopied about fifteen pages from a book about flowers (grouped by color), which really helped us narrow down our choices. She explained that "exotic flowers" tend to be pricier, and she offered helpful suggestions for saving money, such as substituting yellow mums for billy balls. She also delivered the flowers to the church and arranged them herself (for a $200 fee), and provided us with milk crates to transport the flowers to Fiddler's Elbow after the ceremony. I'm not sure how her prices compare to those of other florists, but her expertise definitely made it worth the while.

On the day of the wedding, almost everything went according to plan. The Reagan Room was ready for our use in the morning, and both breakfast and lunch were provided for my bridesmaids and I as we got ready. Doug changed the time of the lunch service to accommodate the photo shoot we had scheduled with our photographers, which we appreciated. During the reception, there was one small hitch: the maître d’ brought out the wrong wedding cake. My husband and I noticed that the design was not what we had discussed with the chef, but we assumed that the cake, frosting, and filling were correct. It was not until the actual cake-cutting that we realized the mistake; instead of a yellow cake with chocolate mousse filling and mocha buttercream frosting, it was red velvet cake. I notified Barbara of the mix-up, and the correct cake was served to our guests. However, my husband and I never got to see our actual cake before it was cut, nor were the photographers able to take photos of it, so that was a bit disappointing.

This mix-up aside, I would highly recommend Fiddler’s Elbow to other engaged couples. The food is unrivaled and the combination of indoor and outdoor spaces (the ballroom, the crystal room, the patio, etc.) were ideal for hosting a reception of about 165 people (although they can accommodate up to 250).

Sent on 07/18/2012

Stacy · Married on 10/28/2006

My ceremony and reception was at this venue. Unbelievable staff, gorgeous location...I can't recommend it enough!

Sent on 11/28/2007

Caroline · Married on 05/22/2010

3.5

A beautiful location in Bedminster, NJ, I chose Fiddler's Elbow. Here are my thoughts

Pros: location and photo ops are amazing; a ton of food served; cake included; in house florist - Bernadette - that did beautiful work (delivering to / picking up from church as well as reception setup and prep); day-of wedding coordinator and maitre'd ensured everything went off without a hitch; golf course where the groomsmen were able to play a round the day before; everything was set up and coordinated perfectly - my parents and I didn't have to worry about ANYTHING day of.

Cons: without sponsorship, there is a membership fee; The events coordinator was very helpful when we did get in touch with her, but as she is also juggling other club house events we at times found ourselves playing phone tag (there is no one specifically dedicated to weddings).

Sent on 07/15/2010

3.0

I loved having my wedding reception at Fiddler's Elbow. They did a really really nice job with everything (I had a lot of specific decorations etc.). In particular, Barbara, who is the catering manager and manages the day of, was amazing. She's a very warm person, and truly takes an interest in each and every bride. She sat with us during our tasting to make sure that she had detailed notes on exactly what we wanted for each and every item. They even included items that weren't technically in my package (e.g. cheesecake lollipops) just because I asked for them.

The only small complaint that I do have was the event manager's (not Barbara) responsiveness. Until about 2 months before the wedding, she often wouldn't respond to the emails that I sent her. I understand that she's busy with the upcoming weddings and the other events going on at the club, so I didn't expect an email back immediately... but often I wouldn't get a response at all, which was frustrating.

But overall, I highly recommend Fiddler's Elbow. The wedding reception was spectacular.

Sent on 09/18/2014