Feasts of Fancy Loft Space & Urban Courtyard Reviews

12 | Kansas City, MO

12 Reviews for Feasts of Fancy Loft Space & Urban Courtyard

• whitney

whitney · Married on 01/05/2019

Beautiful space and delicious food

My husband and I got married at Feasts of Fancy in January and the entire process was a dream. We wanted to have a reasonably short engagement (5 months) and they made everything so easy that we never felt rushed at all. Our coordinator, Vicki, was very helpful and responsive.

When I first looked, I thought it might be above our budget, but the per person cost included so much that we ended up saving money. They were SO flexible and helpful and really did anything and everything we needed to make the day exactly how we wanted it.

The food was amazing and there was so much to choose from. They let us bring in our own dessert and alcohol which saved us a ton. The space was BEAUTIFUL!! I can't recommend Feasts of Fancy enough!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Ashley · Married on 05/13/2017

This venue is absolutely phenomenal! They are extremely professional and have made my fiancé and I's experience incredible. We LOVED the tastings so much that we went back numerous times for a date night!

Sent on 02/14/2017
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 03/18/2017

I cannot say enough good things about the staff with Feasts of Fancy/The Hobbs Building. I had both my ceremony and reception at The Hobbs, and everyone couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was and how seamless the whole night went. There is nothing I would have asked for them to do differently.

Sent on 03/20/2017

We held our ceremony & reception at the Hobbs building and it was absolutely perfect. The venue is stunning and perfect for a vintage themed wedding. They provide a coordinator, which was extremely helpful for determining layout, food selection & suggesting vendors. The food was so delicious, and everyone raved about it the next day. The only downside would be the pillars (which is also what gives it character), so when your guests are seated not everyone can see what's going on on the dance floor. The venue is definitely pricey compared to comparable options in KC, but it was perfect for what I wanted!

Sent on 09/18/2015

We had many wonderful vendors who helped make our daughter's and son-in-law's wedding magical, but none more spectacular than Feasts of Fancy. From the first walk-through with John, to the tender ministrations by Vicki Conkright, to the superb bartenders that evening to the ubiquitous servers, the operations of this event space are almost without parallel in the city. Enchanted as we were by the spaces (inside and out) -- to which one needs add very little to make utterly magical -- it is their culinary delivery that ultimately steals the show. Our somewhat complex menu and specific food requests never phased the chefs. Hats off to everyone. We can never thank you enough.

Sent on 08/13/2015

5-star operation. Their food is top of the line and the space is amazing! Dana is awesome!!

Sent on 02/20/2015

Kimberley · Married on 12/27/2014

Feasts Of Fancy was a great place for my daughter's wedding reception. The space is beautiful and the food is delicious! We worked with Dana Sterner and she was very helpful! She was very quick to answer emails if we had a question and she was very knowledgable of other vendors. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time at the reception.

Sent on 01/02/2015

Kriste · Married on 12/13/2014

Perfection in all directions! My guests are still talking about the event space and the food!! John started the process and then handed off to Dana the coordinator! Both did a fabulous job!!! Everything went off without a hitch! Bar staff and food staff were phenomenal!!! I would highly recommend this event space and caterer!!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Linda · Married on 08/02/2014

Guests were "blown away" by the venue, quality of food, quick bartenders, and excellent overall event! Highly recommend and will likely have another event there although that will not be a wedding-only child. Great people with great taste who work hard to make your event just the way you want it!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Susan · Married on 05/31/2014

We can't begin to say enough about what a wonderful experience is was to have our daughter's wedding at the Hobbs Building/Feast of Fancy. From the initial meeting with Dana Sterner to the actual wedding day, everyone associated with this venue was attentive, helpful and accommodating. The venue looked amazing and had the rustic industrial feel that our daughter and her fiancé were looking for and was a warm and inviting venue for their special day. Dana was so organized and communicated with us so well throughout the whole planning process, which was especially difficult since my daughter was out of state. She coordinated timing with all of the vendors which was a huge help and stress reliever. We were able to set up in advance and the staff even helped us clean up and load our cars, going the extra mile every step of the way. The food was absolutely delicious and we heard rave reviews from many of our guests! The buffet and food presentation was beautiful as well. The entire staff was delightful to work with and made our daughter and son-in-laws’ wedding day very memorable and stress free. We would not hesitate to recommend the Hobbs/Feast of Fancy for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Liz · Married on 05/23/2014

This was the first venue my husband and I saw in a wedding magazine that we both thought looked great. The professionalism and friendliness of the staff really made me feel welcome. I loved that there was a huge outdoor space where my band helped us dance the night away after a delicious dinner inside!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Angela · Married on 09/22/2012

I loved this venue. LOVED. The staff are amazing, professional, on point, no problems (that we knew of) and the space itself combined with the food (omg) made it just perfect. WE were married in the courtyard and had the reception and dance floor inside. It worked out perfectly. Plenty of space for our 164 guests. They connected me with a lighting specialist that ensured our lighting was perfect for the day (as we wanted extra flare in the lanterns in the ceiling). They helped with tablecloths, chairs, and had all the serverware and glassware. SO EASY. I loved that (at the time) we could bring our own alcohol and saved some money. We enjoyed the whole process. Pain free and perfect. They ensured my vision came to life. Thank YOU!

Sent on 11/16/2016