Farm to Table Catering Reviews

19 | Grass Valley, CA

19 Reviews for Farm to Table Catering

19 Farm to Table Catering Reviews

Kristine · Married on 06/23/2018

The top notch husband and wife duo! Thank you so much, Jennifer and Carlos. Jennifer- you made our wedding planning so much easier by coordinating our rentals and responding to our emails expeditiously. We will forever appreciate your keen eye for detail. Carlos- we can’t thank you enough for how delicious our food was. Our guests were so impressed. No one will forget how amazing everything turned out. Thank you both, again, for making our wedding the best. We had a vision on what we wanted for our wedding and you two totally exceeded our expectation. Needless to say, our day was PERFECT. -The Nickells

Farm to Table Catering 1
    Farm to Table Catering 2
    Farm to Table Catering 3

Katie · Married on 06/17/2018

The operation is run by the cutest couple. Carlos is the quiet meticulous chef who will wow even your snobbiest friends’ taste buds. Jen runs front of house. That means she does all the menu crafting, costing, logistics, staffing… basically she makes it her mission to make sure your wedding is the very best dream wedding ever (and I do believe she means it).

We drove out to Grass Valley for our initial tasting. My wife and I were sold after a few bites and so we started talking logistics. Our wedding venue was a privately owned 1920s house up in Tahoe. Beautiful, yes. All inclusive, no. After the first few minutes it was clear we weren’t accurately describing the challenges they would face by taking us on as a client. This place had 2 tables, 7 forks, and a beautiful historic useless 1920s kitchen. They agreed to drive up to Tahoe to do a site visit.

Two months later they drove 1.5hr up to Tahoe to check out the venue. I am so glad they did. They really got a sense on why this venue was special -- and challenging. They decided it would be best to just build their own outdoor kitchen. Did I mention they want to make your dream wedding come true? As we walked around the property explaining our vision, they (respectfully) gave us logistical feedback, as well as grand vision ideas that we later incorporated in the actual wedding.

Wedding day: Just as it is supposed to happen, my wife and I just showed up to cocktail hour and everything was running smoothly. Every guest had a drink and was nibbling on hors d'oeuvres. Jen immediately greeted us with a custom hors d'oeuvres plate for us to inhale. Somehow Jen found out that I love prosciutto and melon and so there was one slice prepared just for me.

We got so many compliments on the food. People always say that your guests will only notice if it’s bad. They are wrong. I think people enjoyed the food more than the ceremony. And that says A LOT coming from very foodie SF-b

Kristen · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so glad we hired Jennifer, Carlos and their team for our wedding. Not only was the food outstanding, but the service was excellent. My husband and I drove to Grass Valley for our tasting and we were blown away! I love that they use fresh and seasonal foods. Farm to Table is full-service, so they also helped with set up and break down. It is obvious Jennifer and Carlos really care about their clients. After family photos, my husband and I joined cocktail hour where Jennifer provided us with mini platters of all the appetizers we picked out. She was so sweet and even offered to bring us a drink. All night people kept telling me “the food is so good” and “I’ve never had food this good at a wedding”. At the end of the night, their team organized all of my cups, plates and bowls, which made clean up the next day a breeze. I would absolutely recommend hiring Farm to Table Catering for your wedding.

Mary Ann · Married on 03/03/2018

Farm to Table Catering were fantastic! Carlos and Jennifer worked very closely with us to prepare the perfect gluten-free meal for our daughter's wedding. Our guests said it was the best meal that they had ever eaten at a wedding. It was definitely high-end restaurant quality. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

Stop your hunt and hire farm to table now.. seriously.. I never write reviews but I have to for Jennifer. I firmly believe Farm to Table is the best catering company in all of Sacramento and Yolo county.. and trust me I looked into 50+ caterers! Book her now because I have a feeling word is going to spread and she is going to be hard to get!! Jennifer, Carlos and their team were phenomenal and truly made my 150 person Newcastle wedding the best it could be. The food was incredible, people kept coming up saying “I can’t believe this is wedding food!” Loved the steak, salmon, and stunning apps. In addition to five star food Jennifer coordinated the rentals, found us our photographer and coordinator, and generally went above and beyond helping us make our wedding perfect. She could have charged us double and I’d be still thrilled. Absolutely love her an

Farm to Table Catering 4
    Farm to Table Catering 11
    Farm to Table Catering 12
    Farm to Table Catering 13

Linda · Married on 06/17/2017

Jennifer and Carlos created the most beautiful wedding food you can image. We have never felt so pampered. Im gluten and cow dairy-free. They provided an array of dishes for me as well as 2 vegan dishes for our guests. They take customer service to a whole new level. Their food is beautiful as well as delicious. Literally from farm to table as their business states. Everything they prepared was fresh and visually stunning. Our guests are still talking about it. We would definitely use them again for any catering events we might have in the future. True professional and caring. What lovely people and can't say enough about their friendly, professional staff. 5 Stars isn't enough.

Linda and Bob Kirkland
    Big Day June 17,2017

Kevin · Married on 05/28/2017

We could not have been happier with the services of Jennifer and Farm to Table Catering. They didn't just cater for us (and the food was fantastic); they also did a beautiful job setting up the venue, and acting as wedding planners as well. We got married in Nevada City, and Jennifer's familiarity with all wedding-related people and companies there meant we could just trust her recommendations without a second thought. To top it off, they were a pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. They made our wedding day a wonderful and surprisingly stress-free event.

• Z

Zoey · Married on 06/18/2016

The Farm To Table Team did an absolutely spectacular job catering my wedding in Tahoe City, Ca at the Gatekeeper Museum. Contacting Jennifer was so easy and enjoyable! Carlos is a spectacular chef, and their bar/wait team was a perfect compliment. From traveling to Lake Tahoe to the on site cooking my husband and I were blown away by the delicious food and presentation! My guests and accompanying vendors all had very positive things to say! I can not enough about the Farm To Table Team!!

Tiffany · Married on 06/12/2016

Farm to Table Catering was the first and only catering company we met with for our wedding at Empire Mine State Park in Grass Valley, California. The husband-wife duo truly had us at hello. We had them cater both our rehearsal dinner and the wedding. Carlos is a spectacular chef, and Jennifer is just plain amazing. We also hired Jennifer as our Day Of Coordinator, which was worth every penny; she is EXTREMELY organized and responsive. She handled the majority of our rentals (dinnerware, tables, chairs, linens). Plus, she's worked with most of the other vendors in the area and at most of the venues, so she knows all of the rules so you don't have to worry about it. Ultimately, we LOVED them because they are easy going and so much fun! They exuded a positive energy and so did all of their staff. They made our wedding perfect!

Hilary · Married on 06/11/2016

Two words: Do it! Carlos is an amazingly talented chef. Not only is the food delicious, but the presentation is second to none! I was pretty set on making my own menu (French Provencial), which is not readily available on most catering pre-set menu offerings. Carlos had no problem working with me. He had a great knowledge of all types of food, and helped me figure out what to offer.

Jennifer was a life-saver. I wouldn't have been able to do it without her. She responded to emails within hours, met as many times as I needed, communicated with the venue and rental vendor, recommended half my vendors, and worked perfectly with my other vendors. I highly recommend hiring Farm to Table with the set up and break down services, especially if you do not have a wedding planner. My venue did not offer a day-of coordinator to help decorate, etc. My family and I would not have had time to decorate our very large venue. No problem. Jennifer to the rescue! Her and her team did not only set up tables and chairs. They put up all of my decorations!! ...including hanging many paper poufs on trees and hanging lights, wrapping tulle around aisle chairs, setting up lounge furniture and lanterns, placing over 70 tealights (and switching them on), and hanging a ribbon backdrop. They also successfully moved my fully-set-up four-layer cake from the back of the venue to the front so it could be displayed where we ate and where we danced. So do not hesitate to hire Jennifer for her services, too. Plus, you'll find that it is so much less expensive than hiring a planner.

With Farm to Table, you get everything you'll ever need and want from a catering service, and at a competitive price, too!

F2T is the best! My husband and I hired them to cater our wedding and we really put their creativity to the test when we asked them to create a menu that would represent our Mexican and Irish background while also featuring a few vegan options since we're both vegan. They came back to us with a fun menu that featured Mexican appetizers (ex: Mini Tostadas) and Irish comfort food as entrees (ex: Guinness Pot Roast). Our vegan option was a Shepherd's Pie with richly stewed veggies that was cooked to perfection. The quality, presentation, and service were all top notch! Our guests continue to rave about how delicious the food was. We couldn't have asked for a better caterer; thank you guys so much for your hard work you really knocked it out of the park!

Jamie · Married on 10/02/2015

Farm to Table Catering: I feel lucky to have connected with Farm To Table Catering. I wanted a caterer that could provide beautifully presented food that was locally farmed, seasonal, and delicious. Jennifer and Carlos Trujillo are wonderful people who care about doing a great job. Both were extremely kind, understanding, helpful, flexible, and supportive of planning our wedding, especially with regard to pulling the wedding together on a shortened time frame and coordinating with other vendors. I especially appreciated Jennifer’s visit with me to the event location, her connection with other vendors to provide the best service possible, and her attentiveness to what I had pictured for my wedding. Our guests loved the food, and it was beautifully presented from appetizers to the final course. In addition to catering, Farm to Table is able to provide wait staff and bartenders, as well as cake cutting services, which we needed because our wedding took place at a private residence rather than wedding venue. Overall, we are so glad we connected with Farm To Table - you made our wedding spectacular and we loved working with you! Thank you, Jennifer and Carlos!

I can't say enough good things about this vendor. Food & Ambiance are everything at a wedding. Farm to Table nailed it. Jennifer & Carlos are absolute professionals, the vendor we knew we could trust to execute every detail to perfection. Jennifer and I shared countless email exchanges about minutiae, and she was always happy to answer questions.

Jennifer even saved me over $200 from my venue fees, letting me know the policies had recently changed. She helped me determine, budget and refine my rentals and then managed all the details, and thought of many I didn't.

Finally- the food- my fiance and I agreed early on that food is one of the most memorable and one of the most complained about at weddings. We wanted to do food right, and Chef Carlos gave us an amazing meal at both the rehearsal and at the wedding. This shop provides a dual-meat meal for plated dinners- we're talking steak and salmon on the same plate- not to mention all the sides for each- and every bite is thoughtfully, creatively and beautifully prepared and oh so tasty.

All in all, we could not have been luckier to have had Farm to Table as our caterer and rentals coordinator. Great advising during planning, solid service and product. Highly recommended.

Nicole · Married on 08/22/2015

Farm to Table Catering is absolutely amazing! I highly recommend them for any and all events. My husband and I hired Farm to Table for our wedding at the Miners Foundry, and it was by far one of the best decisions we made. From the first meeting with Jennifer and Carlos they were so incredibly helpful and wonderful to work with. Carlos’ food is absolutely beautiful and of course delicious! Jennifer was an amazing help, not only with coordinating the food, but also helping us find linens, decorations, dessert, etc., etc. They are definitely an incredible pair! We couldn’t have asked for a better catering experience. Our guests absolutely loved the food, and I loved how much wedding planning stress was alleviated knowing that the food (which lets be honest, is a HUGE part of the wedding) was in their wonderful and extremely talented hands. If you’re looking for delicious, local, fresh, and inspired food, Farm to Table Catering is without a doubt the best choice!

Five stars isn't enough for this company! The quality and service is outstanding. The food... oh my gosh.... the food. When we booked our tasting we brought our 4 year old and my maid of honor. Not only did we think the food was good, they did too. My maid of honor and I still talk about the polenta that Chef Carlos made - I'm literally reserving an entire plate of it for my wedding day. Then there's Jennifer; hands down the most organized, kind, thoughtful, creative person. She responds in lighting fast speed and is willing to work with you on every part of your day. She so engaged and really makes you feel like you're her one and only customer. The decision to book Farm to Table was so far our best investment in our big day!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Farm to Table Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review!! xo Jennifer

Thank You! For being more than a caterer. Jennifer walked me through a delightful and tasty menu in her very professional tasting room. She lent her expertise in rentals and numbers that I really benefited from. I am so pleased she was able to work so well without over site and was always keeping me in the loop of updates and changes.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Farm to Table Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! We really appreciate it! :) But the user name is set to private. May I ask who this is so I can thank you?? :)

Handsdown the best catering in the Northern California region. If you're looking for refined presentation, superior taste and heartwarming service, look no further than Farm to Table! Jennifer and Carlos are professional yet warm and inviting as if your guests are having dinner at their home! I highly recommend their services for any catering needs! They were prompt to reply to emails, helpful with menu selection, beautiful in their presentation, timely in the delivery of all course and there staff was amazing as well. They sent a thank you gift to my husband and I with out wedding date engraved on it. My family and friends enjoyed the appetizers, specialty beverages, entrees and dessert! They made our day even more special.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Farm to Table Catering's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for the glowing review! Very much appreciated. We loved working with you M + R! xo

Laurie · Married on 05/23/2015

If you are lucky enough to work with Farm to Table Catering, you can be assured of the highest quality locally-sourced fresh ingredients as well as the most delicious wedding fare you'll ever experience. Their customer service is beyond compare as well as their dedication and responsiveness to all your needs. Carlos and Jennifer Trujillo are an amazing pair and truly deliver what can only be described as excellence across the board.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Farm to Table Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Laurie! It was a pleasure working will all of you! Thank you for letting us share in your family's special day!!

We loved the food and they were so very easy to work with. They helped with everything during our reception and we did not have to lift a finger. The best part is that we had more time to spend with our guests. Plus, everyone raved about the great tasting food!