Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks Reviews

Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks 1
  • Marissa

Marissa · Getting married on 08/16/2021

Excellent place

They were perfect, they did everything I wanted

Sent on 05/23/2019

Taylor · Married on 08/04/2018

It was absolutely amazing! The staff as well as the coordinator (Tiffany) were friendly and always willing to accommodate when I asked for a change. They truly made my day perfect.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Noor · Married on 07/14/2018

The Marriott at Fair Oaks was a great venue for my brother's wedding. They were so accommodating and professional. They made the whole reception go very smoothly. Tiffany Francis was amazing, she was awesome to work with. Very responsive to all my questions and made the process a-lot smoother and easier for everyone. The food was delicious and all my guests were in love with the set up and decoration of the place. I highly recommend the Marriott at Fair Oaks to anyone looking for a venue for any kind of event. I know there isn't much photos but once you go there you will see how pretty it is. The wedding package was very affordable and included almost everything necessary. Thank you so much Tiffany and her team for making everything great!

Sent on 07/16/2018
  • marie

marie · Married on 06/23/2012

We had all of our out of town guests (almost everyone at the wedding) stay at this hotel, as well as us on our wedding night. I wanted to have welcome bags for the guests upon arrival, and also a welcome happy hour in the hotel bar. Dean, the sales associate I dealt with was so helpful! They allowed me to drop the bags off ahead of time and our guests LOVED them. The rooms are beautiful and the staff was great.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Rose · Married on 12/17/2011

Everything with the hotel went great except that people needed to be told in advance were the wedding party was getting ready.

Sent on 01/08/2012

E · Married on 08/06/2011

The wedding packages provided by the Fairfax Marriott are really convenient and well-worth the price, considering that in addition to dinner, it also included powder and changing rooms for the bridesmaids and groomsmen, holding rooms for the bridal party, and even an overnight suite for the bride and groom! We worked with Jim Intelli as our event coordinator, and he was just marvelous! As it was our first time planning a wedding, Jim provided us a lot of help and suggestions on what we needed to do, and he was always prompt and courteous in answering our emails, and met with us as much as we needed. The staff at the Marriott were also extremely warm and friendly; the next day, when we went downstairs for breakfast, everyone greeted and congratulated us!

Sent on 08/19/2011
  • LykensWedding123

Lindsay · Married on 07/10/2010

We could not be more pleased with the service we received from the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks!!! We booked the Marriott about a year in advance (although they are always willing to find availabilities if you have less time), and Jim Intili and his staff made everything so easy! We had a few short meetings with Jim, and from there, Jim and his staff were able to take our vision and make it into a reality. All of our guests had an easy time booking rooms in our room block, and the Reservation staff was always on hand to answer questions. We pretty much had a run-of the hotel for the entire weekend, and everything turned out perfectly. I could not have asked for more!!

Sent on 07/20/2010
  • pontansl

Stacy · Married on 06/06/2009

The Marriott at Fair Oaks is absolutely beautiful. The atrium inside is breathtaking and was the perfect venue for our cocktail hour. The ballroom is beautiful as well. Jim Intili and his staff were absolutely amazing! Anything and everything we wanted, he made happen. The food was amazing as well - so many of our guests have commented on how awesome the food and staff were! I wish I could give the Marriott and Jim more stars! I can explain how grateful we are for his services and for making our day so wonderful!

Sent on 06/23/2009
  • Jami

Jami · Married on 10/25/2008

Amazing! Not only is the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks a beautiful venue with the Garden Atrium, but the service we received there was awesome! We worked with Jim who was always a pleasure. Anything we needed he took care of. Leading up to the event, Jim was very responsive and on the day of he made everything run so smoothly. From the catering manager to the wait staiff to the hotel employees, I was completely and totally impressed with the level of service at the Marriott.

The food was amazing! We were able to customize our menu based on what we like to eat and the chef was very accommodating. We hosted the reception sit down dinner and a private brunch the morning after and both were phenomenal.

We would TOTALLY recommend the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks.

Sent on 11/11/2008
  • Finallymrs.lee08

Nicole · Married on 04/05/2008

Mr. Jim Intili made everything absolutly perfect! They took my direction and made my vision become a reality. The food was absolutly devine and the service made my husband, myself and all of my guest feel like royalty!

Sent on 04/11/2008
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2007

The staff was unbelievable and took great care of us and our guests. We had a blast.

Sent on 12/13/2007

Dora · Married on 05/14/2016

I can not emphasize enough how perfect my wedding was and a big chunk of that was because of the Marriott. The food was amazing, the place was beautiful and the best part was that the service was GREAT! I had to plan my wedding in 5 months and the hotel has an event coordinator that will pretty much did what ever you said and answered every single question I had. The food test tasting was one of my favorite parts and the chef came out to speak to us and he was so pleasant and nice. What really had me was the service. Every single person there was awesome and I am so thankful that they made my day so special. I highly recommend this place.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Kara · Married on 09/29/2018

Better Than Perfect Wedding

I had my wedding at the Fairfax Marriott Fair Oaks on 9/29/18. The day was better than perfect, the staff was professional and the food was delicious. The rate at this venue is very competitive and they even include chair covers and center pieces. Our guests had a blast and I never plan on coming down from this wedding high! We worked with Tiffany Francis as our wedding coordinator and she was wonderful. I highly recommend having your next celebration at the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks.

Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks 2
    Sent on 10/15/2018

Kristen · Married on 09/03/2006

2.4
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

We got a great deal--negotiated down to $70/head plus tax and tip (this also included top shelf liquor). There was definitely room for negotiation--you just have to push. The ceremony site was great--we had the entire atrium as well. The food was amazing--the best wedding food I've ever had, by far!
    The one problem we had was that the room that was supposed to be set up for the wedding party during the cocktail hour was an empty room. We were promised a bar and appetizers to mirror the cocktail hour. Our photographer had to run back and forth to bring us food. When we asked Bill about it, all he could come up with was "we wanted to serve you" so he sent in one waiter to take our drink orders. Needless to say, by the time the 25 drinks came back, it was time to go into the ceremony. Because our photography was playing hostess, she wasn't able to get all the pictures we wanted. BIll later admitted that the "Banquet Staff" messed up.
    The only other thing that would make me hesitate recommending this site was the reservation staff--reservations were a disaster--they had people booked in the wrong rooms for the wrong nights at the wrong rates. For the most part, it got figured out by the big day. They hotel had recently reopened after a huge renovation, so I would hope by next year, those problems would have gotten ironed out.

Sent on 11/16/2006