Extraordinary Weddings Reviews

13 | Santa Rosa, CA

13 Reviews for Extraordinary Weddings

13 Extraordinary Weddings Reviews

Lalena · Getting married on 09/12/2019

Lura worked with my husband and I as a day of coordinator for our DIY backyard wedding (with approximately 100 guests) and it was 110% worth it. We really wanted to be guests at our own party and she made that happen! She is very positive and organized and was quick to respond to any questions that we had. Lura checked in a few days beforehand to ask for the day of timeline and was incredibly supportive throughout the entire day. Everything went super smooth and many of our guests commented on how hard she worked! Do not hesitate to reach out to her if you're looking for someone to really take care of you!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you Lalena for your kind words! It makes us incredibly happy to hear that you were a guest at your own wedding!

Sue · Married on 05/05/2018

Lura was essential to making my wedding happen! She has the best list of vendors, incredible taste, and makes sure everything gets done! She listens to everything you want and makes sure to provide suggestions that'll make the big day everything you've been dreaming of. I couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you Sue for your kind words! Our team was thrilled to be part of your special day!
  • Lynne

Lynne Doyle · Married on 11/04/2017

Extraordinary Weddings - Lura Albee is amazing!

Our daughter's wedding was at the top of a mountain at a winery where everything had to be bussed up and set up. Lura was able to carefully coordinate all of this, and pulled it together with style and grace. She was professional in helping us to negotiate with vendors, and had great experienced suggestions that aligned with our vision. Her relationships with the winery staff and caterers as well as the professional way she managed them led to a successful event. Our wedding had a high degree of difficulty, and Lura worked to make it an beautiful success!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you Lynne for your sweet note! This wedding was truly a team effort and we were honored to be part of this incredible day. Thank you for trusting us!

Tina · Married on 10/07/2017

I absolutely adore Lura!! I just started working with her for my wedding. And already I feel like she is family!! I have been so stressed about all the details about my day. Lura put me at ease from the first meeting! It felt like I was just having coffee with an old friend. I just can't wait to spend the rest of the 11 months I have left, working with her!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you Tina! I felt the same way since our first meeting! Cant wait to be part of your special day!

Jamylia · Married on 07/15/2017

Lura was more than we hoped for! As the mother-of-the-bride it was wonderful to truly by a guest at my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you Ginger for your kind words! It was our absolute pleasure!

John · Married on 07/08/2017

At Mountain House Estate we get to observe weddings with Planners weekly. There is a difference! Weddings that use 'friends' that have done it in the past, are usually stressful for all involved. There's a lot more to consider than you can pick up in just a few events. Or, we've had family members that were corporate planners in the past try to execute - not good. When it's a family member, or friend, they are not disinterested and may tend to substitute their opinion for what the couple desires. This can cause hard feelings that will last for years.

My advice is to select a professional Planner. Not only will they save you money, but also heartache. This is a once in a lifetime memory that you are creating for you, your family, and your guests - don't risk it. Lura is the pro planner that you need.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you John! So well said! Our tag line is "Be a guest at your own wedding"! We love working with Mountain House Estates!
  • Adena

Adena · Married on 04/02/2017

Lura from Extraordinary Weddings was incredible. I was a budget bride trying my best to do it all myself, and when I got too overwhelmed and out of my league, Lura came to the rescue. She totally understood my vision for our wedding and brought it to life so beautifully. Her motto of "Be A Guest At Your Own Wedding" was fully and completely honored-- she made sure we had all our ducks in a row so that I didn't have to do a single thing other than enjoy our day. She graciously allowed some of my eager family members to pitch in and help, and those family members and other wedding guests alike took the time to let me, my husband, and our parents know how impressed they were with Lura's efficiency, effectiveness, and calm demeanor throughout the entire process and I could not agree more. A complete professional, I will recommend Lura again and again! Thank you, Lura! xoxo

Sent on 05/15/2017

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you Adena for trusting us to make your vision come to life! I am thrilled that you felt like you were a guest at your own wedding!!!

Larissa · Married on 10/29/2016

Any advice for someone looking to book a coordinator! Snag Lura up. Hiring her for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made in my planning process. Her experience, knowledge, and creativity cover her professional aspects, and on top of that she is a genuine, sweet, and caring individual who truly cares about her job and your wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thanks Larissa! You were such a beautiful bride and so gracious. Your family and friends were wonderful. A good time was had by all!

Jane · Married on 07/30/2016

Lura was amazing and made our wedding day perfect! She was always incredibly positive and organized throughout the planning and took care of all the vendors and details and orchestrated the flow of the day with remarkable ease and grace. I t think there were some minor problems going on behind the scenes that I didn't even know about since Lura handled it all. She asked me at the end what would have made it better. Honestly, nothing. So happy we hired her!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thanks Jane for letting me be part of your special day!

Patricia · Married on 04/09/2016

Extraordinary Weddings absolutely made our day EXTRAordinary!! Going above and beyond the call of duty in every and all situations, Lura worked beautifully and professionally with various people and vendors to execute a vision that encompassed everything from the tiniest detail in table decor to the grand scope of theme carried out in photos, music, food and festivities. Her availability and responsiveness left us so assured on and before our wedding day. Her creativity and knowledge was far more than we could have imagined. And above all else, she made us feel extra ordinary in every moment, as if the world was completely lined up just for us and our special day. I absolutely recommend Extraordinary Weddings for your special day!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thank you Patricia for your kind note! Your wedding had so much energy! We were fortunate to be part of your new beginnings!

Michelle · Married on 04/02/2016

Lura was kind, knowledgeable, and truly cared about our wedding and our guests. She handled all the planning - a huge undertaking - and performed day of coordination. She is a true professional and everything was just perfect. If I could give her 50 stars, I would!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Extraordinary Weddings's reply:

Thanks Michelle for your kind words. We were definitely a great team!

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2017

Lura was absolutely amazing. I had a unique vision and a DIY venue and she was great at finding all the professionals I needed, from lighting to linens. Everything turned out perfectly and exactly how I wanted. We got rave reviews from all our guests about it being the most unique wedding they had been to.

My Mom originally thought I was nuts for knowing I needed a planner, but at the end she agreed it was the best money we spent. She was a joy to work with and made our day absolutly perfect.

I've planned events for work, and even I got overwhelmed occasionally during the process. It would have been easy to just avoid making decisions and procrastinate, but Lura kept me on track.