Exquisite Weddings & Events Reviews

Exquisite Weddings & Events 3
Exquisite Weddings & Events 4
Exquisite Weddings & Events 5

Kayo Yanagisawa · Married on 10/10/2018

Amazing, reliable and the the best decision we made

My husband and I are at an agreement that getting Jill as our wedding planner was the best decision we made, and the rest built on it.

To start, we only had a very vague ideas on what we wanted (small, intimate family wedding somewhere in Europe, either fall or winter). Jill took this and did an amazing job materializing it!!! She helped compile a huge list of venue options anywhere from the ice hotel in Finland down to the southern tip of Sicily, taking our feedback on what we liked or didn’t like, so that she could come up with the perfect venue. After choosing the venue, she located all the vendors, negotiated excellent prices and ensured that the wedding was a huge success.

Working with Jill was super easy, because I could send her general requests or just a few pictures for my taste (be it in the wedding, in flowers, etc.), and she was able to understand and communicate this to the vendors perfectly. She also understood our tastes and when we were uncertain what to do, she’d make great recommendations to help us out.

Our wedding was a multi day family vacation, with a wedding ceremony for one day. She made sure that the venue was good for such an event, and helped coordinate these efforts as well. We were also quite picky in that we were vegan, and had only 8 people, so pretty much everything had to be custom. For example, on the arrival date we wanted to have a family dinner - Jill worked with the hotel to coordinate a custom dinner for that. Or, when we wanted to go down to the lake area - Jill made sure we had transportation, all the information we needed to make sure everybody was comfortable, and (again) dinner plans were set.

All of our guests agreed it was the best wedding they’d been to and had a wonderful time. Between custom made Michelin Star tasting menus, custom mini wedding cakes, stunning scenery and great activities for everyone, it’s easy to see why.

All in all, I would absolutely recommend Jill to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Exquisite Weddings & Events 6
    Exquisite Weddings & Events 7
    Exquisite Weddings & Events 8
    Exquisite Weddings & Events 9

Dearest Kayo-
    You were a magnificent bride and I am so happy to help create such a magical day for you, Zach and your families! Best of luck to you and lots of love, Jill

My · Married on 04/14/2018

I hired Jill as my day of coordinator for my wedding. Even though most coordinators start work about 2 weeks before your wedding, Jill went above and beyond and started helping me right away almost a year in advance.

She was available by phone or text for advice on vendors, logistics, and anything I was worried about. She met with me in person many times before the wedding to go over details and decorations, offered decorations & furniture for me to use on the day of, and got on the phone to whip vendors into shape when they weren't being responsive.

On the day of the wedding, we had decided to DIY almost everything. This meant a lot more work for Jill than just making sure vendors were showing up. Jill and her assistant, Ginger, were running around making sure everything got moved from ceremony to reception and they made it happen while the wedding party and guests were enjoying their cocktails and appetizers. To top it all off, one of the groomsman was late which ended up throwing the whole event half an hour behind. Somehow, they were both able to help me bring everything back on schedule before the photographer had to leave, and then they even stayed to make sure everything was cleaned up. Jill wanted to make sure we got the deposit back on the venue and we did!

The best part of it all was her attitude in the whole process. She was so friendly and approachable, even when things got rough. After the wedding was over, quite a few of my guests commented on how great and pleasant she was.

Sent on 04/24/2018

Exquisite Weddings & Events's reply:

My - It was such an honor to work with you! You were an absolutely gorgeous bride. You and Troy are the sweetest couple ever. It was the most fun working with such an amazing family... you all are so sweet, creative, thoughtful and fun! Thank you for letting us be part of such a memorable milestone in your lives. xoxo

Taylor · Married on 02/09/2018

After our wedding, we said the best money we spent was for Jill!
    Jill was our partial planner/day of coordinator, and Ashley helped out as well. Jill was amazing, thoughtful, creative, responsive and so easy to talk to about everything.

From early in our planning process, Jill was happy to offer tips and recommendations for vendors, which was awesome. When she took things over for us in the weeks leading up to the wedding, it really put me at ease. I'm a crazy type-A, OCD kind of person and she met my every expectation, handling things exactly how I would or better!

Day-of, both Jill and her staff made sure everything went perfectly and handled any minor issues that arose, not letting me or my mom worry about anything. She thought of everything and made sure that we were on schedule for all that needed to happen at the reception. When we thought there might be an issue with the Vintage getaway car not being on time, she stayed on it until she made sure he was there on time - it was such wonderful experience.
    If I have one piece of advice, it is to hire a wedding company that you can trust. And you can trust Exquisite Weddings & Events!

• Renai

Renai · Married on 10/20/2017

This review is long overdue (wedding was 10.20.17), but I wanted to make sure I shared my experience with Exquisite Weddings & Events! I had decided to plan everything myself to save money (bad idea). About 6 weeks before the wedding I was so stressed out, up to my throat in "things to do." It dawned on me that the only way I could maintain a healthy level of sanity was if I hired a day of coordinator since I had done mostly everything else up to that point.

I wasn't able to meet Jill in person until the wedding because I live in San Diego (wedding was in Yosemite). She was very friendly and professional for our consultation call - I immediately felt like I was comfortable working with her long distance and hired her the next day.

Let me just say, Jill went above and beyond BEFORE the "day of" that I hired her for. Although I had done a lot (so I thought), there was still so much more to do... thank goodness Jill was there to help me! She tied up loose ends with a couple of the vendors that I had been having a hard time communicating with. She stayed on top of keeping in contact with all my vendors regarding any changes, confirming details, etc. She was even so kind as to loan me a few decorations that I couldn't figure out at the last minute.

As soon as Jill got to the cabin on the wedding day, she immediately got to work setting up last minute decorations. I didn't see her again until the ceremony and she did a great job making sure everything ran smoothly. After the ceremony, she went straight to the reception and met all the vendors there to help get everything set up. When the wedding party arrived, it was clear everyone had been taken care of. Needless to say, the rest of the reception was a breeze!

I would highly recommend Exquisite Weddings & Events. If I had to do it all over again, the only thing I would change would be to hire Jill as my full time coordinator rather than day of. For the price, it doesn't get any better! Thanks Jill!!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Exquisite Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Renai, for this lovely write-up!!!! Your wedding was PERFECT and you were STUNNING! Both you and Scott are amazing-we were lucky to be a part of your day! Congrats!!!!

Erika · Married on 09/30/2017

Jill is amazing! I hired her for partial planning because I had already done some of the big stuff and it was the BEST decision, I made. Jill and her team were professional and went out of their way to make sure our day was completely stress-free: coordinating lots of moving parts with all of the vendors, caterers, DJ, photographer and the venue staff. Delivered with the biggest smile throughout our wedding day!

If you’re looking for a true expert in the industry who can offer candid advice and guidance, all while ensuring the entire planning and day-of process a breeze, look no further, happily ever after truly does begins here.

Exquisite Weddings & Events 10

Rachelle · Married on 09/03/2017

I am thrilled to write this long overdue review of Exquisite Weddings & Events! Jill and her team were a pleasure to work with. Jill was extremely organized, honest, showed great attention to detail, and was very helpful thru the entire planning process. In addition, she has amazing relationships with all these wonderful vendors who I completely am happy she recommended them to me. It says a lot when, on such a big day as your wedding, you can put your trust in someone to make everything happen. Our wedding was beautiful & we had a phenomenal time. Nothing would have come together so seamlessly if it weren’t for Jill and her team. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for wedding help!

Sent on 03/15/2018

Exquisite Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review, Rachelle! Your wedding was so special, I loved working with you & Art and I wish you both so much happiness!

Carla · Married on 06/24/2017

Jill was fantastic! I had a destination wedding in The Dominican Republic and although the resort provided a planner for the day of the wedding, I had 60 guest invited for 4 days of activities. Jill coordinated all of our activities (welcome reception, beach party, cocktail party, wedding and reception). Everything was as I wished it to be and I didn't worry about the small details because Jill had it under control. She went over and above even helping me get dressed
    (waist cincher and all) ! I highly recommend Jill, she is reliable, reasonable, passionate and a joy to work with!
    Carla and Albert McCray

Ashleigh · Married on 05/21/2016

We were so pleased to have been given the chance to have Jill Stark of Exquisite Weddings & Events coordinate our wedding. Jill was extremely professional and provided excellent quality service.

Jill gave our family special attention and put us at ease when problems and questions came up. She went with us to select the cake and the bridal gown at David’s Bridals.

Within weeks, she put together a portfolio of lovely fresh flowers, decorations, arch, candles, china, etc. We received wonderful feedback from family and friends on how beautiful, professional, and unique the decorations were, especially the flowers and arrangements. The wedding took place in an outside backyard setting and it was simply a fairy tale wedding and truly exquisite.

She had her team put up crystal and white lighting in all the trees and shrubbery, carrying this theme through the entire back yard and pool area. She lessened the pressure for the family on putting together such a momentous affair and made our entire family feel comfortable and a part of the festivities.

Exquisite Weddings is magnificent! Jill certainly made all parts come together smoothly. I am so delighted to have had her as a wedding planner to make our dream a day to remember. The entire event was magical, perfect and a tremendous success.

Our friends and family were overly complimentary on our special wedding. No one could have asked for a better wedding coordinator, she was so smart, easy going and managed every detail with perfection.

Pamela · Married on 04/30/2016

Reachable at all hours!! Kept me calm and took care of all of the little challenges popped up!! Would highly recommend!!!

Haleigh · Married on 03/19/2016

Let me start by saying that Exquisite Weddings & Events made my dream wedding possible—and then they topped it.

We had an outstanding experience with Exquisite Weddings & Events! We used Jill for design as well as day of coordination, and we could not be more pleased with her work! She is extremely talented. Jill not only created a visually stunning day, but her personal touches, and day of organization helped our day go off without a hitch. I couldn't imagine the planning process without the help of Exquisite Weddings & Events. These girls definitely have it together and are so sweet. Extremely responsive, very professional and knowledgeable.

We had a FLAWLESS day! We were able to enjoy our special day and soak in every minute without any anxieties, and that is so beyond price for a bride, groom, and our families!

• I

Isabella · Married on 12/12/2015

I'd seriously advise to take advantage of the complimentary consultation. I spoke with the owner twice before me and my husband came to a final decision. I really felt that I needed to have a connection with whomever I hired an entrusted with my wedding planning. Jill was very professional, knowledgeable, very kind and funny. Jill and I had an immediate connection and it was the best decision we made for our special day.

My Review:

We had a winter time night wedding whereby it was necessary to incorporate certain things to complete our perfect setting. The lighting arrangement had to be carefully planned to make our venue safe and visually appealing. The entrance courtyard was covered with Douglas fir trees leading up to where we wanted to set up our white rose covered arch. Jill suggested decorating the complete court yard’s Douglas fir trees with flickering white lights leading to the arch. She used a tent with hanging chandeliers and added an outdoor fireplace for warmth and ambiance. This décor made a beautiful setting for a warm candle-lit wedding.

Jill is very knowledgeable about the vendors and companies in our area. She has great negotiating skills in working with both businesses and vendors. She was able to lower the cost on a number of much-needed supplies and rentals by negotiating the cost down, such as for linens, dance floor installation and the music as well. She listened to what we wanted and worked toward meeting and attaining those goals and fulfilling our dreams in the process.

Jill is great at pulling strings and putting all the pieces together. She works with attention to detail and adds a warm personal touch to her work! Her professionalism is impeccable. She has a superb dedicated team and overall I am proud to say, we were totally satisfied with Exquisite Weddings and Events.