Exchange Events & Catering Reviews

Exchange Events & Catering 2
Exchange Events & Catering 3

Monica · Married on 08/25/2018

Rehearsal Dinner Catering

We can’t say enough good things about Barbeque Exchange. They provided the food for our rehearsal dinner. My now husband and I had a late lunch there after a long day of looking at wedding venues. After one bite, we knew this is what we had to have for our rehearsal dinner! All of the food, from the barbeque to the sides, was delicious and plentiful. All of our guests loved it- it’s seriously the best barbeque we’ve ever had! Not only was the food excellent, but they were also great to work with. Hannah was our main point of contact there. She was easy to work with and made sure everything was in place prior to our rehearsal dinner. The quality of everything we ordered was excellent and the food was plentiful.

Molly · Married on 08/03/2018

Book Exchange Events for your wedding catering and ask for Hannah! The food for our wedding was delicious, and even better the Exchange team was a dream to work with! Hannah was our point of contact through the whole process, and I cannot recommend her highly enough. She goes WAY above and beyond what is technically her job to ensure a flawless event from start to finish. You can tell she loves what she does, and puts so much heart into each event. She always made me feel like I was the only bride she had to think about! Talk about a gift! Her help/expertise in the planning process was priceless, and on the day of she somehow managed to personally make sure myself, my groom, my parents, the groom's parents, and every guest was tended to. We were blown away! We did a family style meal and it turned out perfectly! Exchange Events was an incredible caterer but they were SO much more than that for my husband and I! We are so thankful, and recommend them a million times over!

Caroline · Married on 03/24/2018

BBQ Exchange catered the rehearsal dinner for our wedding and we are incredibly happy with their services. Their staff was very responsive and easy to communicate through email with (always responded in less than 24 hours). The food was delicious, staff was professional and kind, and their set up was perfect. Since they hadn't been to our venue before they sent out their staff a week before to see the venue. We highly recommend their catering and plan to eat at their restaurant every-time we are in Gordonsville!

Adrianna · Married on 10/21/2017

My guests absolutely adored our catered wedding food and so did we! The food was incredible and their event staff was professional and guided us the entire way through the planning process. Jaclyn and Hannah did an amazing job and their BBQ is some of the best I have ever had.

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

Jaclyn and her team at BBQ Exchange were fantastic for our rehearsal dinner. We had eaten at their Gordonsville locations a few times while visiting with other vendors in the area for our wedding and we loved their food. Our guests could not stop raving about the food, not just the meats but the sides as well, and they were so accommodating for one of our guests who is vegetarian.

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

We had BBQ Exchange cater our wedding two weeks ago, and couldn't have been happier with the result! Delicious food, amazing service. We highly recommend them!

Molly · Married on 07/15/2017

We used Barbeque Exchange to cater our rehearsal dinner on a farm in Gordonsville, VA. The communication before the event was on point, delivery was fast and efficient, and the food was absolutely fantastic! Our guests raved about the food and it was such a unique and fun type of food to have for a rehearsal dinner. We also went to BBQ Exchange every time we visited our venue in Gordonsville, so we are BIG fans!!

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/23/2017

Finding BBQ Exchange was a dream come true. Our wedding food choice was the top priority for us because we have been to far too many weddings with the tired "chicken, potatoes, veggie" option. It wasn't just the unique and mouth-watering menu that attracted us, it was Jaclyn's willingness to sit on the phone with me for what seemed like an endless amount of time as I asked her question after question. She not only was my caterer, she also transformed into my therapist and wedding planner. Jaclyn always maintained a high level of professionalism while answering my endless emails and texts. She gave me access to the wedding planning portal she uses, called AislePlanner, which literally saved my life and was the foundation to everything on my wedding day. She helped me with the timeline, flow, and decoration suggestions as she has done a ton of weddings at my venue (King Family Vineyards). Come the day of our wedding, our guests would not stop raving about our food! We did passed apps during cocktail hour (crab cakes, fried green tomatoes, and Cuban sliders) and then had a buffet for dinner (pulled pork, grilled chicken, and delicious sides). No one left disappointed. Jaclyn also packed leftovers into cute little boxes for us to take home. My stomach is growling just writing this post. Choose BBQ Exchange for your wedding! You will not be disappointed!

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2017

We had our wedding catered by the great folks at Barbeque Exchange. For pass-arounds we had their smoked salmon, duck confit, and risotto cakes. They were fantastic! For our buffet we had pulled pork and pulled chicken- so good! Their sauces are fabulous and the sides were amazing. We got so many comments from our guests on the quality of their dinner-one guest said it was the best wedding food she’s ever had. We agree! Everything about their staff and service were exceptional! We sat down with Jaclyn before our wedding. She was very professional and thorough. Her experience was valuable to us as she put little touches that made the buffet wonderful, including cute signs that fit our rustic country wedding, perfectly. We weren’t expecting such gourmet food and were blown away with everything they provided. In short Jaclyn is a rockstar, and we highly recommend Barbeque Exchange catering-you won’t be disappointed.

Emilia · Married on 10/11/2015

Wow! I know I am not going to say anything that has not been said before but BBQ Exchange Events and Catering lives up to their name. From start to finish they are FANTASTIC to work with and Jaclyn Conlogue in particular is an amazing. I loved how they worked with me to make my vision come to life from incorporating New Mexico flavors into the cooking and making everything special and different. Their service is top notch and everyone had a fantastic time in large part due to the great food and service!

Alison · Married on 09/26/2015

If I had to do it over, I 100% would book BBQ Exchange again. All of our vendors were great, but BBQ Exchange really made our wedding day wonderful. Our guests raved about how delicious the food was, and the event went super smoothly thanks to them. Throughout the planning process, Jaclyn was a great resource, and every time we talked to her my stress level was cut in half. We had a pretty traditional barbeque menu and probably could have saved money by going with a non-wedding caterer, but their experience and service was absolutely worth the extra price. It rained the day of our wedding, and she basically took charge and made sure everyone knew the plan and everything still ran smoothly, even though we hadn't really discussed rain plans. I can't recommend them enough.

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2015

BBQ Exchange, Jaclyn and Traci were amazing to work with! They answered emails quickly, provided customization menu options, and went above and beyond during and after our wedding. They were fully prepared, professional, and helped in more ways than we expected. Their staff were super friendly and their food was HOT and AMAZING! Our guests were so impressed with the food and service. Many said it was the best BBQ they had ever had. We are super happy with our choice - Exchange Events & Catering you are the BEST!!
    Sincerely, The Harrigans (June 13th, 2015)

We recently got married at Early Mountain Vineyards in Charlottesville, VA and worked with Jaclyn Conlogue and BBQ Exchange as our caterer. We visited BBQ Exchange on numerous occasions before we got engaged and had their absolutely delicious food, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn they also offered catering services as well. However, I was even more surprised after meeting with Jaclyn and discussing potential catering options to learn the wide variety of options BBQ Exchange can provide - it is not only delicious BBQ, but so so much more! For our wedding, we decided to serve BBQ style-fare during our cocktail hour - the hush-puppies are to die for! - but then switched it up for dinner. We wanted a seated dinner, but wanted something a little different than your traditional split-plate meal, so Jaclyn suggested we do a combination of family-style side dishes and “butlered-meats” so that our guests could choose at the table if they wanted delicious skirt steak or chicken as they were served by a member of Jaclyn’s staff. This was the PERFECT option for us and something a little different than your traditional wedding catering options and our guests loved it! Not only did our guests compliment us on the quality of the food as some of the best they have ever had at a wedding, but the style of service was also a huge hit! Aside from the delicious food provided by BBQ Exchange, I also have to comment on the stellar service provided by Jaclyn and her staff. We hired Jaclyn as our day-of coordinator which was one of the BEST decisions we made during the wedding planning process. Jaclyn was incredible - she provided vendor recommendations and made sure that everything leading up to the day, and our Wedding Day itself, was executed perfectly. Jaclyn managed to make my vision for our wedding a reality and I couldn’t have asked for anything more - she is simply the best!

Holli · Married on 11/08/2014

BBQ Exchange as a caterer is absolutely the way to go if you're looking for a delicious, customizable southern-infused menu for your wedding. Our guests are still raving about the food at our wedding and how great it was. Beyond that, Jaclyn is an incredible source of knowledge for all things wedding/charlottesville-related. We utilized her day-of coordinating services, and I'm so glad that we did. Jaclyn was incredibly professional, helpful and so easy to work with. I'm not a high-maintenance bride, but I definitely am particular about a lot of things, and she was so good at keeping us at ease. I would hire her again in a heart beat!

Kelly · Married on 07/12/2014

Jaclyn was wonderful to work with and was genuinely excited for our wedding. The BBQ exchange team was wonderful at our wedding, we had no problems. The best part of wedding planning was taste testing!

This place has GREAT barbeque!! Jaclyn is fantastic at orchestrating the entire event from tasting to the date of! The food was very tasty, lots of choices, the wait staff was attentive and friendly to every need. They were quick with set up and take down ensuring that we were taken care of! I trusted Jaclyn more than the event planner to keep everyone on track with no stress/questions to the family! She was GREAT and obviously loves her job! Highly recommend using BBQ Exchange. They even drove up on July 4th from Gordonsville VA to Alexandria VA! How great is that?

Kate · Married on 06/14/2014

Wonderful food and service. Jaclyn made the event do fantastic and stress free. Our friends raved about the food. Thanks so much for making the wedding so special.

Kate · Married on 06/14/2014

Jaclyn and her staff were so incredible! We started working with her over a year before our wedding day and she was so easy to get up with and gave us wonderful ideas to make our wedding even more special. The food was fantastic and our guests are still talking about it over a month later!! Jaclyn made sure everything ran so smoothly all day and helped make it a stress free wedding day!

Lorrie · Married on 06/08/2014

I contacted Jaclyn at the BBQ Exchange because we wanted delicious, different food for my daughter's wedding at Keswick Vineyards. Jaclyn took the time to answer all our questions, both by phone and with emails, since we were from out of state. The BBQ Exchange was great with customizing the menu, and Jaclyn also took care of all rentals, including unique vintage decorations. She provided us with day of event coordination of all vendors, helped the bridal parties get ready, and made sure the cake table looked fantastic. Our guests raved about food, especially the hushpuppies, and many guests made multiple trips back to the buffet line. The wedding was perfect with wonderful food provided by Jaclyn and her professional staff!!

Lucy · Married on 06/08/2014

Fabulous food, amazing staff, event coordinator Jaclyn Conlogue is phenomenal...can't say enough about how glad we are that we chose BBQ Exchange to cater our wedding. People couldn't stop talking about the food and many people went back for seconds (maybe thirds). We had grilled chicken, pulled pork, mashed potatoes, and some veggie sides. Everything was amazing and we made a point to sit down and eat our fair share! Jaclyn helped us with everything from table rentals and setup, to making sure all the decorations were in place, and setting up the dessert table. She also helped with some of our decorative pieces including the place settings written on a mirror-window. Basically, you can't go wrong with having them at your wedding! Super easy to work with and responsive, even though they are planning multiple weddings at the same time! Love this team! And we always make it a point to stop by for food when we drive through Charlottesville.

One of our favorite and most helpful vendors was Jaclyn Conlogue of Barbeque Exchange (Exchange Events). She was one of the first vendors we hired; after meeting with her, we knew we had to rearrange our wedding date to have her. Not only was she extremely helpful throughout the process but she was very down to earth and generous. She was a calming presence whenever we talked to her (which was VERY often!). You could say she was a partial planner during the wedding process. Looking back I'm embarrassed at how much I contacted her but she was also so welcoming, helpful and generous with her time. We made multiple changes leading up to the big day which Jaclyn accommodated right away. I couldn't have asked for a more flexible person to work with. Obviously the food is to die for - I wish I had ordered more hush puppies and crab cakes but then again we had plenty of dinner leftover. My favorite part was the goody bags she packed for my husband and I for the night of our wedding. I could keep going on and on, but it is a mistake if you do not hire this vendor. One of the BEST decisions I made that day!

Amanda · Married on 05/10/2014

Jaclyn and The Barbeque Exchange were amazing to work with! Not only was the food beyond fantastic, but they were invaluable during the entire planning process. Their knowledge and experience were essential in making our wedding a success and they made everything look effortless! We are still dreaming about the delicious food... we highly recommend The Barbeque Exchange!!!

Alyson · Married on 05/03/2014

Hands down the best catering and team I could have ever imagined working with! I work with caterers all the time in FL for my job as a corporate event planner and have never been this pleased with a caterer before. Jaclyn's attention to detail, follow through and laid back personality made our reception so enjoyable! Most of our guests were not from Charlottesville, so we were excited to share one of our most favorite spots to eat with friends and family from all over the country. They were blown away by the quality of the food and beautiful presentation. I can't thank Jaclyn, Craig and the entire team at the BBQ Exchange for all they did to make our reception unforgettable! Thank you!!!! Aly and Dan Bowen

Saguna · Married on 03/08/2014

One of the things your guests will quickly comment on is the FOOD! And our wedding guests raved about how good the food was. After interviewing a couple of catering vendors, I decided on BBQEx because they had great reviews on their bbq on Yelp and Jaclyn was the most responsive of them all. We had a formal setting to our wedding, but didn't want it to feel overly stuffy. After our tasting (a fun and delicious part of wedding planning), Jaclyn personalized a menu for us and gave us some great recommendations to accommodate things that we were indecisive about. When the big day came, the service of her team was also FANTASTIC. Not only was everything served elegantly, but she also took care to make sure the bride and groom were well-fed (a detail we were worried about having friends who barely ate on their own wedding days since they were running around so much). That food was SO good. It was such a memorable part to our celebration.

Jennifer · Married on 11/09/2013

When we were planning our wedding, we wanted something affordable, casual, and delicious. BBQ Exchange is all three and offers more than just barbecue. I had guests chasing down servers to get more of the yummy plantain fritters, and our dj jokingly told us he offers discounts for brides who choose BBQ exchange because he loves the food so much. BBQ Exchange also offers plenty of options for different dietary needs. I'm a vegetarian, and we had guests who could not eat gluten or beef. Jaclyn, the wonderful woman in charge of catering and our day-of coordinator, gave us options for everyone. We also planned our wedding from Seattle, and Jaclyn made sure that everything in Charlottesville was flawless and professional. She set up the venue, helped decorate, and gave us advice to help plan from a distance. I'd recommend BBQ Exchange to anyone who wants a more laid back--but still elegant--wedding.