Exchange Events & Catering Reviews

Exchange Events & Catering 7
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing to work with!

I absolutely fell in love with Exchange after my first conversation with Hannah! She listened to what my vision was and executed it absolutely perfectly! They are so flexible and incredibly easy to communicate with! Could not recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Martha · Married on 09/21/2019

I highly recommend Exchange Events & Catering!

We used Exchange Events & Catering for our Rehearsal dinner and Wedding at Mount Ida. The food and the service both nights was fantastic! Everyone raved about how delicious everything was! We did steak and rockfish for rehearsal and BBQ for the wedding. Jaclyn was our wedding planner and she did a fantastic job! I could not have planned my wedding without her she went above and beyond! I highly recommend Exchange Events & Catering!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2019

A wedding game changer!!

Booking Exchange Events was hands down the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Hannah went above and beyond our expectations and helped with every aspect of the wedding. Any time I got a little lost in planning, Hannah was there to provide support. The organization, timely responses, thoughtfulness are just a few of the things that really made us feel comfortable. Highly recommend this amazing team!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Herring · Married on 08/17/2019

The BEST Planner & Caterer

Where do we even begin?? We had originally selected Exchange Catering for many reasons: the reviews were amazing, the presentation in pictures was SO cute, and they had a PICKLE BAR. All of this would have been sufficient for a 5 star review, but it got so, so much better. When I began to discuss our wedding plans with Hannah (my contact at BBQ Exchange), and I mentioned I needed a planner, it was then we learned that BBQ Exchange had event planning services. Hannah was kind and helpful on the phone but it was after speaking with other planners that I knew, Hannah was my girl. Hannah was SO involved from the very first day in terms of event coordination and menu selection. She consistently responded to our emails within an hour, sometimes within minutes. She was always kind, reassuring, helpful and really had an amazing eye for things. She kept our budget in mind and was so conscious of that throughout the entire planning experience. My parents, MOH, myself and my fiance, never felt like a bother to Hannah. When the wedding came, Hannah made sure everything was extremely calm, on schedule and it was truly smooth sailing. The wedding was amazing and the food was delicious. We heard several times that it was the best wedding food our guests had ever had. We never wondered whether our guests were having fun, or knew what to do. From making sure every vendor was on the same page to bringing us drinks and food throughout the night, Hannah took care of EVERYTHING. She was truly one of the most important parts of our wedding. I cannot recommend Hannah and the BBQ Exchange staff enough! We are practically still gushing from the wedding and we know it has a lot to do with Hannah and her team

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Christina

Christina Brooks · Married on 06/23/2019

Awesome Experience!!!

Hannah and her team did an amazing job! Everything was perfect! This is truly one of the first times I have been to a wedding that I have heard people talk about how much they enjoyed the food!! It was so delicious!! We did a BBQ spread! ! The staff and servers did a perfect job! There was not a detail that was missed, even down to the fruit and flowers inside the Sangria!! Thank you to your amazing team!!!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 06/08/2019

Seriously the BEST!

I would 1,000% recommend Exchange Events to any couple planning their wedding! Hannah was an absolute superstar and critical to the success of my wedding. It's rare you hear any bride say nothing went wrong, but seriously nothing went wrong. It was the most perfect evening and I even had guests saying the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Exchange Events & Catering 8
    Exchange Events & Catering 9
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Experience

We used Exchange Catering for our wedding day in June at the Market at Grelen. They were SO amazing to work with! The whole process before and during the wedding day was very smooth, professional, and efficient. Jaclyn was extremely knowledgeable and helpful during our tasting and creation of our final menu. It is evident that her and her team are very passionate about their work. All of our guests LOVED our food! Everyone we see after the wedding keeps mentioning how amazing it was. We had a bbq station along with balsamic chicken with delicious sides. We also had a preceremony refreshment station that was such a wonderful touch! My husband and I highly recommend Exchange Events! We are so happy and grateful that we had them as our caterer for our wedding day

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Exchange Events & Catering 10
    Exchange Events & Catering 11
    Exchange Events & Catering 12

maureen · Married on 04/27/2019

Outstanding

Exchange Catering went above and beyond to ensure our daughter's wedding at The Lodge at Mt. Ida Farm & Vineyard was perfect. Hannah and Jaclyn were a pleasure to work with and professional every step of the way. The only difficult decision we had was narrowing down the menu selection. Everything we tasted was delicious, I highly recommend the salmon . The presentation is excellent and the food is fresh and of the highest quality. The side dishes are unique and our guests all commented on how amazing everything tasted.
    A heartfelt thank you and shout out to Hannah Dubit who is much more than a wedding planner. Her attention to detail and knowledge of the wedding industry and process are priceless. She kept everything running like clock work and on schedule, all the while making it look effortless. (We know it's not!) It seemed every time anyone needed anything, before you could ask, she was right there with it. She is truly a brides best friend!
    I highly recommend Exchange Catering for your next event and hire Hannah as your event planner- they will not disappoint!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Stephanie Calderwood · Married on 12/05/2018

Outstanding!

Highly recommend!
    The BBQ Exchange fully exceeded our expectations both for our rehearsal dinner, and our wedding reception. Hannah and Jaclyn were amazing to work with throughout our process. They were quick to answer questions and fostered an open line of communication. Additionally, they were eager to adapt to changing requests and always offered helpful, sound advice.
    Their communication with our venue leading up to, and on the day of our rehearsal dinner and wedding was unmatched, and a huge burden off our backs.

The food was delicious, the interaction pleasant and helpful, and the overall experience unbeatable. Consider them for your events!

Sent on 04/26/2019

Monica · Married on 08/25/2018

Rehearsal Dinner Catering

We can’t say enough good things about Barbeque Exchange. They provided the food for our rehearsal dinner. My now husband and I had a late lunch there after a long day of looking at wedding venues. After one bite, we knew this is what we had to have for our rehearsal dinner! All of the food, from the barbeque to the sides, was delicious and plentiful. All of our guests loved it- it’s seriously the best barbeque we’ve ever had! Not only was the food excellent, but they were also great to work with. Hannah was our main point of contact there. She was easy to work with and made sure everything was in place prior to our rehearsal dinner. The quality of everything we ordered was excellent and the food was plentiful.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Molly · Married on 08/03/2018

Book Exchange Events for your wedding catering and ask for Hannah! The food for our wedding was delicious, and even better the Exchange team was a dream to work with! Hannah was our point of contact through the whole process, and I cannot recommend her highly enough. She goes WAY above and beyond what is technically her job to ensure a flawless event from start to finish. You can tell she loves what she does, and puts so much heart into each event. She always made me feel like I was the only bride she had to think about! Talk about a gift! Her help/expertise in the planning process was priceless, and on the day of she somehow managed to personally make sure myself, my groom, my parents, the groom's parents, and every guest was tended to. We were blown away! We did a family style meal and it turned out perfectly! Exchange Events was an incredible caterer but they were SO much more than that for my husband and I! We are so thankful, and recommend them a million times over!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Alison · Married on 06/24/2018

A must-have catering team!

I cannot put into words how incredible our experience with the Barbeque Exchange Events & Catering was! We had them cater our wedding in June at King Family Vineyards and the food was TO DIE FOR! The number one compliment we had from guests was about the food. YOU HAVE TO GET THE RIBS! And the chicken! There are so many options to choose from and so many ways to truly personalize your event menu with them. They sent us home after the wedding with packed to-go boxes and it was so thoughtful and amazing! (You’ve never been as hungry as after-your-own-wedding hungry). The tasting process was incredible and so organized. These girls really have their stuff together. Jaclyn and Hannah would get back to my emails within hours at most. They were so efficient and constantly updating me on progress with the event. We were so impressed that we actually hired Jaclyn as our day-of coordinator and it was absolutely one of the best decisions we could have ever made! Jaclyn runs a wedding like a well oiled machine! She helped my design dreams come to life and made sure that on the day of my wedding I had absolutely nothing to worry about! She also took all of the pressure off of my parents so they could genuinely enjoy our wedding and I can’t express enough how valuable she was to us. There is no better wedding planning advice I can give someone than to hire the Barbeque Exchange Events & Catering staff along with Jaclyn as a day of coordinator for your big day! They know their stuff and you & your guests will leave with happy bellies!

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Exchange Events & Catering 18
    Exchange Events & Catering 19
    Exchange Events & Catering 20

Caroline · Married on 03/24/2018

BBQ Exchange catered the rehearsal dinner for our wedding and we are incredibly happy with their services. Their staff was very responsive and easy to communicate through email with (always responded in less than 24 hours). The food was delicious, staff was professional and kind, and their set up was perfect. Since they hadn't been to our venue before they sent out their staff a week before to see the venue. We highly recommend their catering and plan to eat at their restaurant every-time we are in Gordonsville!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Adrianna · Married on 10/21/2017

My guests absolutely adored our catered wedding food and so did we! The food was incredible and their event staff was professional and guided us the entire way through the planning process. Jaclyn and Hannah did an amazing job and their BBQ is some of the best I have ever had.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/07/2017

Jaclyn and her team at BBQ Exchange were fantastic for our rehearsal dinner. We had eaten at their Gordonsville locations a few times while visiting with other vendors in the area for our wedding and we loved their food. Our guests could not stop raving about the food, not just the meats but the sides as well, and they were so accommodating for one of our guests who is vegetarian.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

We had BBQ Exchange cater our wedding two weeks ago, and couldn't have been happier with the result! Delicious food, amazing service. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/27/2017
  • Carli

Carli · Married on 07/31/2017

Wedding at Mount Ida

The Exchange Events and Catering, catered our wedding and performed day of coordination services and 5-stars does not do enough to describe the quality of service they provided. For the food they provided us with a plated dinner with filet mignon and a grilled chicken breast. Several of our guests commented it was the best filet they have ever had. The Exchange Events and Catering also went above and beyond to create and appetizer not on the menu that we requested. They also made it a point to bring our favorite food (mac and cheese) to the bridal suite for the groom and I to enjoy. They were professional, timely, and the food was amazing. It was everything we could have wanted in a caterer. While the Catering part of the Exchange Events & catering is good, the day of coordination provided by Jaclyn is phenomenal. She helped us make a lot of decisions, paid attention to all the details we wanted and made sure the day of went perfectly. We can honestly say the day would not have gone nearly as well without her. She handled several difficult situations so well we didn't know they were happening until after the fact. Having gone through this the day of coordinator is one of the most important decisions you can make. They will cover up a lot of other vendors mistakes and make sure everything goes perfectly. That being said you cannot find a better coordinator than Jaclyn.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Molly · Married on 07/15/2017

We used Barbeque Exchange to cater our rehearsal dinner on a farm in Gordonsville, VA. The communication before the event was on point, delivery was fast and efficient, and the food was absolutely fantastic! Our guests raved about the food and it was such a unique and fun type of food to have for a rehearsal dinner. We also went to BBQ Exchange every time we visited our venue in Gordonsville, so we are BIG fans!!

Sent on 07/29/2017
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/23/2017

Finding BBQ Exchange was a dream come true. Our wedding food choice was the top priority for us because we have been to far too many weddings with the tired "chicken, potatoes, veggie" option. It wasn't just the unique and mouth-watering menu that attracted us, it was Jaclyn's willingness to sit on the phone with me for what seemed like an endless amount of time as I asked her question after question. She not only was my caterer, she also transformed into my therapist and wedding planner. Jaclyn always maintained a high level of professionalism while answering my endless emails and texts. She gave me access to the wedding planning portal she uses, called AislePlanner, which literally saved my life and was the foundation to everything on my wedding day. She helped me with the timeline, flow, and decoration suggestions as she has done a ton of weddings at my venue (King Family Vineyards). Come the day of our wedding, our guests would not stop raving about our food! We did passed apps during cocktail hour (crab cakes, fried green tomatoes, and Cuban sliders) and then had a buffet for dinner (pulled pork, grilled chicken, and delicious sides). No one left disappointed. Jaclyn also packed leftovers into cute little boxes for us to take home. My stomach is growling just writing this post. Choose BBQ Exchange for your wedding! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2017

We had our wedding catered by the great folks at Barbeque Exchange. For pass-arounds we had their smoked salmon, duck confit, and risotto cakes. They were fantastic! For our buffet we had pulled pork and pulled chicken- so good! Their sauces are fabulous and the sides were amazing. We got so many comments from our guests on the quality of their dinner-one guest said it was the best wedding food she’s ever had. We agree! Everything about their staff and service were exceptional! We sat down with Jaclyn before our wedding. She was very professional and thorough. Her experience was valuable to us as she put little touches that made the buffet wonderful, including cute signs that fit our rustic country wedding, perfectly. We weren’t expecting such gourmet food and were blown away with everything they provided. In short Jaclyn is a rockstar, and we highly recommend Barbeque Exchange catering-you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Emilia · Married on 10/11/2015

Wow! I know I am not going to say anything that has not been said before but BBQ Exchange Events and Catering lives up to their name. From start to finish they are FANTASTIC to work with and Jaclyn Conlogue in particular is an amazing. I loved how they worked with me to make my vision come to life from incorporating New Mexico flavors into the cooking and making everything special and different. Their service is top notch and everyone had a fantastic time in large part due to the great food and service!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Alison · Married on 09/26/2015

If I had to do it over, I 100% would book BBQ Exchange again. All of our vendors were great, but BBQ Exchange really made our wedding day wonderful. Our guests raved about how delicious the food was, and the event went super smoothly thanks to them. Throughout the planning process, Jaclyn was a great resource, and every time we talked to her my stress level was cut in half. We had a pretty traditional barbeque menu and probably could have saved money by going with a non-wedding caterer, but their experience and service was absolutely worth the extra price. It rained the day of our wedding, and she basically took charge and made sure everyone knew the plan and everything still ran smoothly, even though we hadn't really discussed rain plans. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2015

BBQ Exchange, Jaclyn and Traci were amazing to work with! They answered emails quickly, provided customization menu options, and went above and beyond during and after our wedding. They were fully prepared, professional, and helped in more ways than we expected. Their staff were super friendly and their food was HOT and AMAZING! Our guests were so impressed with the food and service. Many said it was the best BBQ they had ever had. We are super happy with our choice - Exchange Events & Catering you are the BEST!!
    Sincerely, The Harrigans (June 13th, 2015)

Sent on 06/22/2015

We recently got married at Early Mountain Vineyards in Charlottesville, VA and worked with Jaclyn Conlogue and BBQ Exchange as our caterer. We visited BBQ Exchange on numerous occasions before we got engaged and had their absolutely delicious food, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn they also offered catering services as well. However, I was even more surprised after meeting with Jaclyn and discussing potential catering options to learn the wide variety of options BBQ Exchange can provide - it is not only delicious BBQ, but so so much more! For our wedding, we decided to serve BBQ style-fare during our cocktail hour - the hush-puppies are to die for! - but then switched it up for dinner. We wanted a seated dinner, but wanted something a little different than your traditional split-plate meal, so Jaclyn suggested we do a combination of family-style side dishes and “butlered-meats” so that our guests could choose at the table if they wanted delicious skirt steak or chicken as they were served by a member of Jaclyn’s staff. This was the PERFECT option for us and something a little different than your traditional wedding catering options and our guests loved it! Not only did our guests compliment us on the quality of the food as some of the best they have ever had at a wedding, but the style of service was also a huge hit! Aside from the delicious food provided by BBQ Exchange, I also have to comment on the stellar service provided by Jaclyn and her staff. We hired Jaclyn as our day-of coordinator which was one of the BEST decisions we made during the wedding planning process. Jaclyn was incredible - she provided vendor recommendations and made sure that everything leading up to the day, and our Wedding Day itself, was executed perfectly. Jaclyn managed to make my vision for our wedding a reality and I couldn’t have asked for anything more - she is simply the best!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Holli · Married on 11/08/2014

BBQ Exchange as a caterer is absolutely the way to go if you're looking for a delicious, customizable southern-infused menu for your wedding. Our guests are still raving about the food at our wedding and how great it was. Beyond that, Jaclyn is an incredible source of knowledge for all things wedding/charlottesville-related. We utilized her day-of coordinating services, and I'm so glad that we did. Jaclyn was incredibly professional, helpful and so easy to work with. I'm not a high-maintenance bride, but I definitely am particular about a lot of things, and she was so good at keeping us at ease. I would hire her again in a heart beat!

Sent on 01/25/2015