Exceptionally Yours Weddings & Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Hailey
    Hailey M. Married on 07/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The absolute BEST wedding planner!

Crystal is the most amazing, sweet and helpful wedding planner! I had the absolute best experience working with her. She is attentive, organized and professional. If you are looking for someone who will put you first and genuinely put love and attention into your wedding day, she is the BEST person to choose! I was looking for someone to help me with important components of my wedding day and Crystal helped make my vision come true. When it comes to your wedding day or any special event, you want to be able to trust the people you hire and know they have your best interest at heart. This perfectly describes who Crystal is. She is not only trustworthy, but she is extremely knowledgeable at her craft in this field. She goes above and beyond! She will make sure to make the whole process of planning your wedding fun and stress free. She is also quick at answering emails and calls which is something I believe is really important when trying to plan a wedding. I appreciated that she was always there for me right away whenever I needed her. I am so grateful I found Crystal. She is a gifted wedding planner and deeply loves and enjoys what she does.
  • Elisa
    Elisa A. Married on 06/04/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I couldn’t have done it without Crystal!

I am so thankful to have found Exceptionally Yours just in time for my wedding. Crystal and her team were the answer to my stressed out prayers!
    I decided to do a DIY wedding and I thought I could manage it all. But of course that’s what everyone thinks… Crystal helped me smooth all the details out with her never-ending advice and extremely helpful planning tools. She was so quick to respond when I had questions and reassured me when I was doubtful. Her services are priceless and definitely a steal. I know I couldn’t have done it without her. Everything I could think of (and forgot), she was ready to help. Throughout the day, she checked it with me and kept me on schedule. The wedding was a huge success thanks to EY. Look no further for an event coordinator, Exceptionally Yours lives up to their name.
    Valerie K. Married on 05/14/2022

Best decision- wedding May 2022

The best decision I made in planning my wedding this past May 2022 was working with Crystal and exceptionally yours weddings and events coordination. Crystal loves what she does and it shows and we loved having her coordinate our wedding day. Crystal is so efficient and had a timely response to all of my questions, there wasn't an email or text left unread. She has an awesome network of vendors that come highly reviewed if you are in need. There are many details that come in to play with any big event and Crystal has a great planning portal that will help you check all the boxes and make sure you have all your bases covered. She goes above and beyond when it comes to creating a timeline for your special day, my wedding party was so impressed with the timeline and flow of the wedding day as everyone knew exactly where to be and what was happening. Bonus...Crystal also choreographed our first dance as husband and wife. My husband loved learning the dance, super easy to follow, and Crystal just made the entire process fun and easy. When it came to the day of the wedding I had complete trust that the entire day would run smoothly because Crystal was coordinating it and it did end up being better than I expected! Crystal even came to the rescue when my bridesmaids couldn't bustle my dress before my grand entrance, she saved the day and bustled my dress in 5 seconds. I cannot recommend Crystal and the Exceptionally Yours team enough, her services are priceless and will make your event enjoyable for you and all your guests.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Elizabeth P. Married on 05/07/2022

Absolutely a Necessity

Without a doubt the best event planner I could have worked with. The professionalism and attention to detail is something I will forever be grateful for. I worked with Crystal through the planning and Storm on the day of event. I provided the vendors we were using and Crystal made everything happen and put it all together. We went with the day of planner service for my daughter’s Quince and were so impressed that next time around we are hiring her for the full service. At the end of the night my daughters, husband and I were able to simply get in our cars and drive away. Storm had placed all items going back with us on the car, packed her gifts and other items so that we would not be bothered with one thing. During the entire event the team was attentive to everything, kept us on time with the planning for the day and made it such an easy day for us. I would highly recommend the services.
    Diana Married on 04/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most amazing wedding coordinator to work with!

Most amazing wedding planner/coordinator! We were initially uncertain about having a wedding day coordinator but so glad we got Crystal! She was recommended by our venue. Crystal was extremely knowledgeable and thorough and great to work with! I had a clear vision of what my wedding day was going to look/be like before it even happened. I can comfortably say that my husband and I were guests on our wedding day and we really got to enjoy our special day with our loved ones thanks to Crystal and her team!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 04/22/2022

Invaluable Service for an Amazing Wedding

I was recently married and I can honestly say that having Crystal go through this process with us got us to the finish line!! She is amazing and her planning tools helped guide us through the process. She was there start to finish and I felt we could reach out to her with anything- she even provided dance lessons!! I don't know how anyone plans a wedding on their own- it takes a Professional to manage all the things that happen behind the scenes. Crystal and her team are invaluable and I will tell anyone who will listen!
  • Jessica
    Jessica L. Married on 03/19/2022

Wedding 3/2022

Crystal and her team are 5 stars all around! They are friendly, professional, and so organized! We worked with Crystal and Caitlin every day up to our wedding. On the day of, Caitlin and Storm were there before and after to set up, tear down, make sure we stuck to the timeline and even more. The EY team has an awesome online system to plan out every detail and item for the big day. Her email check-ins were unexpected but much appreciate! I cannot talk more highly of all the communication we received throughout the whole process. Thank you EY!
    Jennifer R. Married on 01/22/2022

Choreography Too!

Crystal is so professional and knowledgeable. She helped me with my grand daughters Quince celebration in January. She stuck with me through four COVID driven date changes and a venue change over course of 18 months. It was a relief to finally have it done. She has great connections and knows where and who to contact for any service or crazy idea! Of particular note are her choreography skills. She worked with our kids (age 12-16) and taught them her amazing choreography. They performed a waltz complete with lifts and a Surprise dance with floor work and very up tempo. The dances were the highlight of the event and even inspired some of the kids to take up dance. She worked so well with the kids and with me to arrange practice times and teach them the moves. We lived Crystal and would highly recommend her for Event Planning or choreography! One more thing. She was always on time and so so reliable! Thank you Crystal
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay H. Married on 12/11/2021

Amazing experience!

Booking Crystal for our wedding on December 11th, 2021 was one of the best decisions we could have made. Crystal is an absolute sweetheart and will work with you closely to help ensure your day goes as you imagine. She has great questions to ask that really get you thinking about what it is you really want, outside of the standard "when do you want to be where" stuff. She really cares about her brides and will make herself available to work with you. She works really will with other vendors and made our day stress free!

On top of all that, me and my husband cannot dance to save our lives. SOMEHOW Crystal was able to choreograph and teach us a dance that worked for us! (We haven't seen the video yet, but we were told it looked amazing :D )

Also, she has this amazing spreadsheet that REALLY helped with the process! We were able to track who was sent an invite, who got a gift and what, who was coming and who wasn't, addresses, and more! Without this spreadsheet we would have been completely lost in the entire process.

I really can't thank Crystal enough for all she has done for us and hope that you seriously consider booking Crystal!
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa Married on 08/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most detail oriented and kind wedding planner ever!

If you don’t read any of my experience with Crystal because it’s too long, the summary is RUN DON’T WALK AND BOOK HER NOW FOR A STRESS-FREE WEDDING DAY!

Now that things have calmed down in the last 3 months and the wedding high is subsiding. There’s one person that we haven’t had a chance to properly thank until now. Thank you Crystal and her team for making our wedding dreams come true!!! From the very first conversation to the end of the night packing up – each moment was carefully executed by Crystal in the most thoughtful way.

I am so glad that we went with her and decided on it based on our initial interactions. Crystal was not only our wedding coordinator but essentially my 24/7 therapist. Given that we had rescheduled our wedding 6x across 2 different continents, you’d probably I was a pretty stressed out bride + honestly, I am kind of OCD. Crystal was always there to bounce ideas back and forth, she was forthcoming when she thought something was too much but also creative when it came to solutions when it was something she knew we really wanted at the wedding.

She single-handedly managed our event which had no less than 30+ mini aspects (from the dessert table to the sparklers exit). She was patient and kind but also assertive when needed be. You can tell she truly loved her job and having couples live their best day ever. Her team also helped us with picking up in&out which was one of the biggest highlight of the night.

All in all, the value of having Crystal be our month-of planner far exceeded the cost. I am already looking forward to our 5 year vow-renewal so we can work with Crystal again and cannot recommend her more than enough to all of our friends, family, and couples who are looking for a wonderful, empathetic, and actions-oriented wedding planner/coordinator! She’s simply the best and we miss her already!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer G. Married on 05/30/2021

Professional, attentive, communicative

Crystal and her team were great. For our wedding her team was attentive to my husband and I made sure we stayed hydrated. They were professional and made sure the night went off without a hitch. Crystal was there to help keep me on track of the wedding planning i.e sending invitations and hiring vendors on time. As well as helped with recommendations when we had to downsize our wedding due to COVID.

Exceptionally Yours Weddings & Events's reply:

Awe! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad we were finally able to get you married! Covid ain’t got nothing on you both ❤️❤️❤️
    Jennifer Married on 08/17/2019

Thank you Crystal!

We hired Crystal to be our Day of Wedding Coordinator for our August 2019 wedding at Grace E Simons Lodge in Los Angeles. I can’t believe how smoothly our day went, and we are so grateful to Crystal and her team. We also took advantage of the dance lessons she includes in packages, so she choreographed our first dance, which was a big hit!
    We began planning our wedding about a year before our big day, it was really important for me to get a day of wedding coordinator to help with organize our reception space. So she was one of the first vendors we selected after picking our reception venue. We had our first meeting via Skype and then met in person with my then future husband. After deciding to use Crystal as coordinator, she always made sure to check in to make sure that we kept the ball rolling in hiring the rest of our vendors. Anytime I had a questions, she always responded promptly to my emails or let me know if she was going to be out of town and unavailable for a period of time. She is super organized and as we got closer to our wedding day created a very detailed timeline for our day of. Even though we didn’t use her for our ceremony coordinator, because we were required to use the church provided coordinator, she even included all of our ceremony details in the timeline.
    When we arrived at the reception after our wedding, we were so excited to see what the venue looked like. The whole night went completely stress free. She even made sure that all of our gifts were packed away in our car at the end of the night. We 100% recommend to hire Crystal for your event.
  • Travonia
    Travonia Married on 06/15/2019

Crystal is awesome!!!!

She makes your big day special!! Awesome wedding planner!!!
    Margarita Married on 05/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I found Crystal Shum of Exceptionally Yours on Thumbtack. I received many quotes from other coordinators, but what made her stand out from the rest was that she was the only one who suggested we talk to find out exactly what my now husband and I were looking for. After our phone conversation I decided to hire her. Our wedding could not have gone more smooth thanks to Crystal. She attended the walkthrough at the venue with me and helped tremendously at rehearsal. She kept in touch with me every month for the last 6 months before the wedding. She also kept in touch with all my vendors and helped wherever she could. She stayed one hour after closing and even helped pick up and carry things to our car and made sure nothing was left behind. She went above and beyond!! Thank you so much Crystal!!

Margarita and Bryan Bedoy

Exceptionally Yours Weddings & Events's reply:

Hi Margarita, thank you so much for your kind words! I loved getting to know you and Bryan. You guys are both such great people and and were an absolute pleasure to work with. I wish you both the best in your new adventure!
  • DM
    Diana Married on 04/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal was amazing! I seriously couldn't have handled everything on my own the day of. She was professional and kept everyone on the same page. I highly recommend her!!

Exceptionally Yours Weddings & Events's reply:

Hello again Diana! You and Hakan were great as well! Bringing in Chiki and Fresca made your wedding truly memorable for me. I hope married life is treating you guys well. Thank you so much for the gleaming review!
    Katy Married on 10/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal was absolutely amazing. She thought of things that would never have occurred to me, communicated with all of my vendors and kept everyone on the same page, and came through in a major way when one of my vendors cancelled the day before the wedding and she found a replacement within an hour. The wedding went so smoothly and I was thrilled to see at the end of the night that she had collected and organized everything, and even saved keepsakes for me that I had forgotten about. She was professional and pleasant throughout and I would recommend her highly for any event. Thanks Crystal!
    Emily Married on 09/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal is truly a superstar!!! If it weren't for Crystal and her ultra organized and professional ways, our wedding would not have been as memorable or go as smoothly. We always felt incredibly supported throughout the wedding planning process because of how reliable, responsive, and on top of everything she was! More importantly, she always made us feel comfortable looping her in on everything or asking her questions, even if it was not during work hours. My partner and I were often confused about many wedding details (as we both haven't been to that many) but she helped us clarify the many questions and concerns we had.

It also takes a special kind of coordinator to guide us through ideas, while not overstepping boundaries. Crystal was able to take our vision and plans, and execute flawlessly. Not only was she able to execute what we had imagined, she was also able to foresee any issues that may arise from what we had envisioned. And on the day of, she was nothing short of amazing. I was truly able to just enjoy the whole wedding day because Crystal was right there, taking care of everything for us. She gracefully assisted us throughout the wedding day and made sure that our happiness was priority. On top of that, she also made sure that everything we wanted was in it's place.

Choosing Crystal as our coordinator was the best choice we made for our wedding!!! And we are so grateful we had her by our side throughout the process. Our wedding wouldn't have been the happy, joyous celebration it was if Crystal was not there, behind the scenes, making it all look like magic! Thank you thank you thank you!
    Debra Married on 06/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal and her awesome company Exceptionally Yours is truly the best decision you could make when hiring a wedding coordinator! Being the MOB is never easy. There are so many things to think about, and emotions run rampant at times, yet I never had to worry and was able relax my Kid’s (as I call them) beautiful event and big day!
    Crystal was everywhere at the same time I kid you not. She was attuned to ever detail and constantly checked in with the bride and all throughout the beginning of the big day and beyond. She was able to take my daughter and new husband’s dream wedding that they had envisioned for many years, and help make a reality! How special is that? It was truly beautiful and magical event that went off without a hitch. Crystal and her "Exceptional" company confidently and tirelessly delivered a truly beautfiul wedding that will rest in our hearts and memories for always! Cheers to you Crystal and Exceptionally Yours!!
    Sabrina Married on 06/10/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal was truly exceptional! She was the perfect wedding coordinator in every way! We knew the day we met her she was our girl. She is so organized and professional. She was on top of everything from day one and always ahead of things. She truly made our day so very special, it was stress free and she set up everything so beautifully she also kept us ln time. She went above and beyond our expectations in so many ways. So if your loking for that in a wedding coordinator along with the sweetest personality She's your girl! She's amazing
    Crystal Married on 04/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding day was almost 3 weeks ago and we couldn't have had a smoother day!! Crystal was honestly such a blessing! We had originally hired her for "day of coordinator", but she went above and beyond!! Every month until the day of (almost a year in advance) she kept checking in with us and asking if we needed any help along the way! The final month before our big day, she was ON IT! She contacted all our vendors for us and made the final month as stress free as possible. The day of our wedding, she made our dreams come true! She set up all the decor perfectly and improvised where things should go (of course even asked when we arrived if everything looked good) Everything was set up perfectly! She was very organized, attentive and handled all the problems that came our way! I don't think our wedding day would have been so stress free if it weren't for her skills and personality!
    Booking her will honestly be one of your best decisions!
  • Betty
    Betty Married on 01/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal was simply amazing. I am so happy that I got to work with her, I learned a lot about wedding etiquette, and she was there every step of the way. Very helpful and super responsive if I had a question. In person, she took initiative and made sure we were doing what we had to do at the wedding, but also letting us be flexible at the same time. Exceptional Wedding Planner!
    Amber Married on 10/14/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot thank Crystal enough for all of her help on our Big Day! I recently got married on 10.14.16 and Crystal made sure everything was set up perfectly and ensured I remained calm, the entire time. Her suggestions were amazing. Crystal is extremely professional and worth every penny! ... My husband and I Highly Recommend!!!
    Rebecca Married on 07/18/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal and I have been friends for a couple years and when I got engaged I KNEW I couldn't do it without her. She was a bridesmaid for us, so I didn't want her planning and working the whole day but she was a huge asset along the planning process! She also choreographed our first dance, and for people who don't dance at all it was a huge deal. She was patient and always had a great attitude and we ended up with a dance we were all happy with and it was amazing! She also made our wedding day timeline, which was more than I ever expected! On our wedding day, Crystal was right there to handle any details, kept me calm, and really made the whole wedding day run smoothly.

She is a wealth of knowledge, always has the best attitude, and will bend over backwards to make dreams come true. She isn't happy until her bride is happy, and I couldn't ask for better. She is an excellent friend and I know she will be an excellent coordinator (and dance teacher) for any couple, she really is the best of the best.
    Carmen Married on 05/29/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal was hired for our day of wedding and she exceeded our expectations. We hired her quite some time in advance and she checked in from time to time to see if I needed help with the planning. She was always quick to reply to emails and made herself available whenever I needed her. Day of my wedding, Crystal took care of everything. I didn't have to worry about a thing. She dealt w a picky venue to putting an overbearing DJ in check, she was awesome!!
    Julie Married on 05/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crystal went above and beyond the call of duty. Our venue required a day of coordinator (which we weren't expecting), and that's when we found Crystal. Since this was an expense we had not planned on, we had told her she only needed to come the day of to run the show and did not ask much of her, but Crystal had different plans. Several times, she made herself available to us, created our timeline, coordinated with vendors, and even came to the venue walkthrough. She really takes pride in what she does and goes the extra mile to make sure she is on top of everything. Although hiring Crystal was an unexpected expense, it was one of the best decisions for our wedding day. She stayed on top of the timeline and frequently checked on me (the bride) throughout the night to make sure I was okay. She worked well with the other vendors and made the wedding party and myself feel comfortable. Crystal is someone that you can trust to get the job done, with a big smile on her face.

Exceptionally Yours Weddings & Events's reply:

What kind words Julie! Thank you so much. You and Steb were glowing on your big day and I am so glad I got to be a part of it. Enjoy the married life :)
illustration stars