Excelsior Springs Reviews

Excelsior Springs 3
Excelsior Springs 4
Excelsior Springs 5

Maggie Civ · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome - so supportive the planning process was made so easy due to the attention to detail given by this team!

Alyssa was AMAZING! She always responded to all of our questions immediately and was flexible with every request we had. All of our guest (50 rooms) said great things about their stay. From setting up our decor, letting my husband and I and bridal party check in early, amazing food we wouldn’t have changed a thing about our wedding. We cannot rate this team more highly!

Excelsior Springs 6
    Excelsior Springs 7
    Excelsior Springs 8
    Sent on 07/10/2019

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Maggie! You and Steve were so awesome to work with! The personal touches you incorporated into your wedding made things just that much more beautiful! :)

Colin · Married on 05/25/2019

Colin / Melinda Stone / Alyssa

Alyssa from the beginning stages was a great source of guidance when choosing excelsior springs as our venue. She was — quick with email responses. Easy to set up meetings with to discuss the big day. Had great organizational skills when gathering and dispersing information. Alyssa had great chemistry with us during the entire planning process. Her suggestions from past wedding experiences went a long way and resulted in a fantastic wedding for my wife and I.
    I highly recommend working with Alyssa for your big wedding day, she will steer you in the right direction for a successful fun day.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Jessica Sautter · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing Experience

This venue and Alyssa out did all expectations I had for our NYE wedding. Being New Years Eve, we really wanted a venue where all our guests were able to stay close by, where we could have our ceremony and still be in downtown Saratoga Springs; Excelsior Springs had it all.

Not only is the venue absolutely beautiful, the staff is exceptional. Alyssa went above and beyond to make sure every need we had was met. She was able to help us make last minute decisions, was organized, insightful and was available always readily available to answer all my questions and concerns. Alyssa worked with all my vendors, reached out the weeks before our wedding to make sure everything was taken care of. Not only did we have our own server the night of the wedding, our head table and family were closely paid attention to the entire night!

I will admit, we had some concerns about the food and if it would take like generic “venue food” but that also surpassed all our expectations. Served warm, presented beautifully and most importantly it was delicious!

Finally- the wedding suite is enormous and beautiful! The room was perfect for breakfast and getting ready the day of. All the staff at the Courtyard were very attentive and kind. The hotel was decorated for the holiday season, they had the fireplace on and our friends and family were able to have drinks at the bar while awaiting the wedding. It was the perfect set up!

I would recommend this venue (and Alyssa) time and time again. Our night turned out perfectly. It was honestly the best weekend of our lives and all in part because of Excelsior Springs, their staff and Alyssa!

Excelsior Springs 9
    Excelsior Springs 10
    Excelsior Springs 11
    Excelsior Springs 12
    Sent on 01/31/2019

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Jessica! Thank you so much for your review! You and Eric are such a great couple and your wedding was STUNNING!! So great to work with both of you and so happy that it was everything and more that you thought it would be! Best of luck to you guys moving forward!

Evan Ritchey · Married on 11/10/2018

Exceptional!

There are not enough words to express the gratitude that Hailey and I feel for everything Alyssa did for us and our wedding, but I'll try...

When we initially booked with Excelsior Springs, we really liked the fact that it was in a downtown location that made it incredibly convenient for all of our out-of-towners to stay in Saratoga Springs and have things to do nearby that didn't require rental cars or taxis. Initially, they handled all of the food, the furniture, the venue, the service.... EVERYTHING.

What we didn't know was how much help and comfort Alyssa and all the staff would provide us throughout the entire process. From beginning to end, she'd call us with and remind us it was time for the next appointment to make sure we were all on track. When we were nervous about being incredibly far behind schedule, she'd either get us on track or tell us to stop panicking and that we were doing just fine. When we had periods where we were indecisive about something, we would put the decision in her hands, and all of those choices were eventually EXACTLY what we wanted.

In one instance, I was trying to plan a surprise for my now wife through the venue and the DJ. As I had to do it in secrecy, I got frustrated with my inability to communicate with my DJ and began to panic as the wedding was drawing near. I called Alyssa and expressed my concerns, to which she calmly responded "I've got this, let me handle it." Everything proceeded forward without one single flaw and proved I had no reason to panic.

And finally, her help and coordination on the night of the wedding could not have been better. She organized everyone, got them where they needed to be, and made it so that we could not just rest assured that everything would go swimmingly, she made it that we could enjoy our night without a single worry.

I can't recommend this venue enough. The elegance of the venue, the linens provided, and the food (that our guests are still complimenting) were one thing, but the biggest asset you'll gain through Excelsior Springs is the enormous amount of help you'll get from Alyssa and all the staff at Excelsior Springs!

Thanks again for making our big day absolutely incredible!!

-Evan

Sent on 12/05/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Evan thanks so much for your kind words! It was so much fun working with you on planning the wedding (and your special surprise for Hailey- which was beautiful, you did a great job!)!

I with you guys such a happy marriage and best of luck moving forward!

Hailey · Married on 11/10/2018

Dream Come True

This venue was perfect for our wedding. I wanted a very simple and elegant theme and it was picture perfect. My husband and I aren't big planners, but with Alyssa's help she made sure everything went smoothly. She contacted us frequently to ensure that we were ahead of schedule and had everything we needed. The food was absolutely amazing and so yummy. We had one guest with a very strict food allergy, that the chef was able to accommodate. We stayed at the hotel for the weekend and the hotel staff was amazing. I cannot give Alyssa more praises or the venue. I'm so incredible happy and I wish I could re-live my day over and over again.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

You and Evan were such an amazing couple to work with! I'm so glad your special day was everything and more that you thought it would be! Best wishes to you both!!

Courtney · Married on 09/29/2018

My husband and I could not be happier that we chose Excelsior Springs. Everything was perfect. People are still talking about how amazing the food was. It was truly delicious. Working with their event coordinator, Alyssa Aufiero, couldn't have been easier! All I had to do was pick my vendors & get them to her. She took care of everything else. We had a few changes towards the end and she was just so accommodating. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you so much! We are so grateful to be part of your special day! You were a great couple to work with and we wish you both nothing but the best!

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2018

Just Perfect!

Just perfect! This was the overwhelming thought that filled our minds as we entered our cocktail hour. As we walked on cloud nine through the most important people in our lives to take a peek at the ballroom before the doors were opened, we were not prepared for what we were about to see. As the doors opened we were absolutely stunned by how amazing the room looked, it was literally EVERYTHING we had asked for. The chandeliers (which when you see them will totally sell you on this ballroom) mixed with the neutral gray tones and lighting were just beautiful! We had so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food tasted. The chef truly did an excellent job and will work with anything you need. Our guests also complimented the staff saying they were very friendly and helpful. We agreed, they went the extra mile to make us feel special on our big day!

A huge part of making our big day so special was the Sales and Events Manager, Alyssa. We cannot tell you how wonderful she was to work with. She is an absolute professional who wants to make your dream day happen. She is knowledgeable, friendly, very patient, and will work through anything to make things happen. She is also very responsive (super important) and takes fantastic notes, we're telling you, she doesn't forget anything. In fact, she will be the one reminding you what you need to do next! She did a great job contacting all of the vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page and ready to go, this was a huge help. We dropped our decorations off a day or two before our wedding day and went over how we'd like our timeline to go and decorations placed (confession, we are a bit particular). Alyssa nailed it, all of it!

Alyssa, the Excelsior Springs, and the staff were the icing on the cake to the best day of our lives, which we are so grateful for. We 200% recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you for your kind words!!! It was a pleasure to work with you and we're so thrilled your special day was everything you imagined and more!! We wish you nothing but the best!! :)

Brittany · Married on 06/09/2018

We just got married on 07.07 and had the most amazing wedding! Alyssa was helpful the whole way (from planning, to helping give suggestions as to what she thinks would work best, to the day of....) I didn’t have to lift a finger the day of the wedding. After a little mishap a few days before the wedding and losing a lot of guests last minute, she was accommodating to our needs. The food was delicious, and the beverage package was top notch. I would definitely recommend this venue! People are still raving about our wedding weeks later!!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Reid · Married on 05/27/2018

The Excelsior Springs is hands down THE best wedding venue around. We had to change venues suddenly 4 months before our wedding and everyone was beyond accommodating. Our wedding coordinator, Alyssa, was an absolute life saver. She is is organized, helpful, patient, and just overall amazing at what she does. She took care of every little detail that I may have not thought of. It was so great to know our wedding really was in great hands. We didn't have to worry about anything the entire weekend. The staff was also amazing. Everyone was so nice and made sure not only my husband and I were having fun, but our guests were as well. Our table server, Kyle, was also so great. He took care of my husband and I as well as the bridal party all night. He made sure we all had what we wanted/needed the entire night. He really went above and beyond for us! Our day was absolutely perfect and without Alyssa and the entire staff at the Excelsior Springs, it would not have been the same!! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure being part of your special day! Best of luck to you both!

Beth · Married on 05/27/2018

This is the second event we’ve had at Excelsior Springs and both have exceeded my expectations. Alyssa, in particular, was extraordinary. Her level of professionalism and service were exemplary, with attention to the smallest detail. Through her expertise, she identified possible issues before they arose and dealt with the unexpected masterfully. Outstanding job!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Melody · Married on 03/24/2018

Alyssa at the Marriott - Excelsior Springs was amazing. She made sure our day went smoothly and I couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Sent on 05/22/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoyed being part of your event!

Cait · Married on 06/11/2016

We had an amazing time at The Excelsior... The venue was absolutely breathtaking and was reasonably priced for the location compares to other venues. The service was great and I would recommend this to anyone looking to get married in Saratoga. The complimentary room was beautiful and the servers for everything of ours together and to our room. The food was amazing and had our guests raving over it the next days. The only thing that happened was our cake topper was misplaced and lost. I was upset over this but the director of sales ordered us a brand new one, so I really can't complain. I loved that cocktail hour was separate from the venue and allowed us to get a sneak peak before everyone scrambled in. Everything was truly perfect. Caroline is an amazing banquet manager and is truly on top of everything. She was a pleasure to work with. Our banquets servers Chris and Terry were also on their A game... They made sure we had everything we needed and were great. Overall a truly amazing day that I will never forget. Highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/16/2016

I’m not exactly sure where to begin. I will say that at the time my husband and I had looked at over 10 different places, ranging from similar hotel style offerings to Jay Peak and Canfield Casino. Excelsior Springs is somewhat new to the market, and what really sold us was how the Ballroom area was completely separate from the hotel. So you don’t have to worry about other guests walking through or anything. When it came to planning we did select one of the packages offered, and the staff was EXTREMELY helpful and even customized our options to tailor what we wanted. We didn’t need all of the course offerings, but wanted an extra hour of open bar, “Sure no problem!” was the response. The costs of everything was fair and not unreasonable. They were highly responsive (at least within 24-36 hours). When it came to the day before and night off, the staff was seriously on-point. There is no other way to say it. Everything flowed smoothly, they provided van transportation to take bridal shots offsite. The luxury suite we stayed is was remarkable, probably bigger than my house! It had a huge wrap around balcony and everyone in the wedding party and even guests came back to the room afterwards. The reception food was delicious!! I cannot say enough great things about this venue, especially the staff. I wish I could re-do this whole weekend just because everything was fabulous. The food, the attention we received throughout the reception, the day after, everything. I never would have expected this level of attention to details and making sure WE (the bride and groom) were smiling the whole time. If you don’t book your wedding here you are missing out on a great venue in downtown Saratoga. Excelsior Springs was AWESOME!!!!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Micah · Married on 12/31/2015

I cannot even begin to explain how professional and wonderful everyone was at Excelsior Springs. Ali, the event coordinator, was beyond wonderful throughout the entire planning process. On the wedding day we didn't have to worry about a thing and were treated like royalty. Absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Micah, It was such a pleasure working with you and Matt. Thank you for your kind words. Have a great New Year as Newly Weds!

Nicole · Married on 10/03/2015

Excelsior Springs is one of the most beautiful and elegant venues I have seen in Saratoga Springs. When we booked our wedding, they had only hosted two weddings after opening, but I had faith in the venue and the staff and saw a great potential (and we were not disappointed)!

Ali and the whole Excelsior Springs team are incredible. They run a tight ship and work very well as a team, which is so important they day of the wedding. All of the waitstaff were professional, friendly, and caring. The chef is amazing and brought our big fat Italian wedding needs to life with endless amounts of food that were so delicious. Finally there is the coordinator, Ali. She brings so much energy and enthusiasm to the wedding planning process, which is needed once it gets down to crunch time. She is also willing to go above and beyond for her bride and groom. She was a blessing to have involved in our wedding and I can't imagine our day going as smoothly as it did without her and her team.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Nicole,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We really appreciate the faith you put in us when things were so new. It was a pleasure to work with you, Stephen and your families. Congratulations on New Year ahead as Newly Weds.

Carissa · Married on 08/22/2015

Excelsior Springs is a beautiful venue with so much to offer! Ali works very closely with you to understand your vision and works her magic to ensure that all your dreams come true! Couldn't ask for a better team to ensure the big day goes seamlessly!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Carissa, Thank you for the wonderful review. It was so much fun to work with you and Shane. We hope that you have a great New Year as Newly Weds!

Rebecca · event on: 06/27/2015

This place was perfect! The food was amazing, the staff was incredible and everything went perfectly. My husband and I have been married 15 years and we said, after our daughters bat mitzvah here, that we had more fun at this party then our own wedding! It is a beautiful room for any special event!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/13/2015

Excelsior Springs was the perfect place to have our wedding reception! The facilities were absolutely gorgeous and the location couldn't have been better. It's located right next door to a newly renovated Courtyard Marriott and downtown Saratoga is just down the road. The food portions were large and couldn't have been more delicious. Everyone was talking about how great it was the next day. The wedding coordinator, Ali, was so easy to work with and she always made sure we had exactly what we wanted. The attention to detail displayed by all the staff at Excelsior Springs was impeccable and everyone was so friendly. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get great value for their money. Excelsior Springs surpassed all of our expectations and we are so happy we chose it as our wedding reception venue.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Kaitlyn, Thank you for the awesome review! It was such a joy to work with you, Andy and your families. Congratulations on a New year as Newly weds!

Sherrie · Married on 11/08/2014

Ali and her staff were so amazing!! Ali worked so hard before and during the event to make sure everything was absolutely perfect! The venue is gorgeous and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend this venue to any future bride/groom - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you Sherrie for such kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and Matt.

Jamie · Married on 10/04/2014

Initially when booking this venue we shifted, rather quickly, through three different event coordinators. Excelsior was very new at this time so understandably they were likely organizing staff accordingly. While feeling somewhat discouraged, we ultimately ended up assigned to and working hand-in-hand with Ali Ainsworth. We couldn't have been more pleased. Just a couple words that describe Ali include energetic, efficient, positive, motivated and organized. It's easy to say the planning process was less stressful in large part because of her. She is phenomenal!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you Jamie for the kinds words. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Miki. Happy New Year as Newly Weds!

Pamela · Married on 04/18/2014

My daughter's wedding was absolutely PERFECT!! Ali Ainsworth was a true professional that made the most important day in my daughter's life and unbelievable experience. Ali did not miss a detail....from personally taking care of our rooms, the wedding rehearsal, wedding day and the brunch the following day, Ali was present and taking care of us the entire time. I honestly do not know if she went home over the 3 days we were at the hotel!!! THANK YOU Ali!!!

Sent on 01/15/2015

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you Pam for the kind words. It was truly an honor to work with you and your family.

Kathleen · Married on 00/00/0000

Friendly, attentive, detailed oriented, flexible, timely, we had a great experience and would highly recommend this venue. The food was great and the staff took my food away and kept it warm until I sat down which was well after the rest of the table was served. The banquet manager and wedding coordinator were happily willing to work with us when setting up the backdrop for the ceremony and when placing the flowers on the tables. They took nothing for granted and made sure everything was exactly how we wanted. You won't be disappointed if you choose Excelsior Springs for your wedding or event!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Janis · Married on 05/12/2018

Alyssa was a life saver.....once she got on board at Excelsior Springs all my questions were answered, all doubts were ended and she was with us all the way. They set up all our diy decorations exactly the way we pictured. The staff at Excelsior Springs were helpful and so polite. Drinks and bartenders were awesome. The front desk staff passed out our goodie bags and were super friendly every time we came through the doors, even 2 days after the wedding when I was still getting people to the airport. People are still talking about the filet mignon, amazingly good. I did not get to sample many appetizers but I heard they were good. I just didn't get to see that many passed.

Excelsior Springs 13
    Excelsior Springs 14
    Excelsior Springs 15
    Sent on 05/22/2018

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We thoroughly enjoyed being apart of your special day!

Kelly · Married on 12/27/2018

Great Wedding Reception

We had our wedding reception at Excelsior Springs. We had a lot of out of town guests for our wedding reception so we wanted a venue that was attached to a hotel. What I liked about the Excelsior Springs hall was that it is owned by the Courtyard Marriott but is detached so not located directly within the hotel. It is located just next to the hotel. For an event center, the food was very good and our guests all said great things. Alyssa the event coordinator was great to work with. She quickly responded to our emails and was attentive to details. Valerie the food and beverage manager was also great, she made sure to have a great selection of our favorite types of drinks. All the staff were really wonderful the night of and very nice. The bartender made sure my husband and I had our drinks of choice. The space is really nice and can be customized with your own decorations. We were married just after Christmas and there were already decorations in the space that just added a beautiful touch to our decor. The day of, Alyssa was on site to make sure everything went smoothly, which was much appreciated. The hotel (Courtyard Marriott) was very nice, accommodated all our guests, and allowed us to use the shuttle to get to our pictures. We were allowed to use the bridal suite, which was HUGE, and great for our guests to gathered. The hotel its self is just right outside the town and a little walk (weather depending). Compared to other venues in Saratoga, Excelsior Springs is very reasonable and very nice, the staff are thoughtful and seem to really care about hosting a great event.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Excelsior Springs's reply:

Thanks for your kind words, Kelly! I'm so glad you and Aeron had a great time on your wedding night! Your thoughtful decorations were one of my favorites!

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at Excelsior. Alyssa was great to work with. She answered our many questions and was there day of to ensure everything went smoothly. The venue is beautiful and spacious for our guest. The dance floor is movable so you may set up the room is multiple ways.

Sent on 05/29/2018