Events with Shelley Reviews

Events with Shelley 6
Events with Shelley 7

Cara Martini · Married on 11/11/2018

10/10 Would Recommend

Shelley is a freaking all-star coordinator. We only hired her for month-of services, but if we could go back and do it over we would hire her full-time. Though we were only month-of clients, she took the time to answer every email we sent (and the emails began much sooner than one month out!) and every question we asked. When vendors heard who our coordinator was their faces lit up, and that spoke volumes about who we decided to work with. Her attention to detail is unmatched and she made us feel confident and comfortable with all our decisions. Hire this woman! You won't regret it.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Events with Shelley's reply:

You were a freakin all-star couple! An organized guru after my own heart! So happy I could help those 30 days leading up and a bit beyond (buts lets be honest, you rocked your end of planning!). I am still giggling over your crew creatively wearing the glow sticks. Cannot wait to see that on film! haha. And cannot wait to see you two soon for a recap! x0x0
  • Nicole

Nicole Lavis · Married on 10/06/2018

This gal is a Godsend!

I cannot say enough great things about working with Shelley! She is organized, well-connected with vendors, and knows how to keep everyone on task. She took my vision for my wedding and turned it into a stunning and classy reality. There are so many details involved with the wedding planning process, and Shelley handled everything for me with ease, professionalism, and style. Our wedding day was flawless thanks to Shelley's expertise and attention to detail.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Events with Shelley 8

Events with Shelley's reply:

I am so happy we met, Niki! I loved our first meeting over coffee and was immediately excited to have the opportunity to assist you! I loved your story and spunk and you came with ideas that launched us into such amazing results. The day turned out so beautifully and beyond the look, you truly found yourself someone that is equally as awesome as you!. Love you two! Coffee/wine date soon, please. x0x0

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Hiring Shelley was the best decision we made in planning our wedding!!! Shelley was absolutely amazing with her suggestions, guidance, opinions, and offered up so much assistance. I was not nervous one bit about how everything would pan out on the day of, because I was so confident in Shelley.

She has an amazing eye for design + layout. I put my full trust in her to design the set up for our ceremony + reception, and everyone loved it! The flow of the entire day went over so well! Shelley was such a calm enforcement throughout the day that made everything fall into place.

My father, who was very skeptical about hiring a coordinator, was in absolute awe and beyond thankful for Shelley's efforts in making the day perfect and so easy for all of us! He even agreed hiring Shelley was the best money we spent!!!

If I would do anything differently in the planning process it would be to hire 10 Shelleys - one for each vendor. Thank you Shelley - we love you!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Events with Shelley's reply:

Awwww, girl! You da best! Without your awesome prep work for me to come into for planning, it wouldn't have been as rock-star! Some of the most special moments were in that room and I would do it all over again for ya! Cannot wait to see more photos (and the Father/Daughter dance party through cinema!). Lets keep in touch so I do not just stalk your life on social media, okay? ;)

S · Married on 08/04/2018

We hired Shelley for full service and design and we couldn’t have been happier! I was definitely not a bride with a ‘vision’, but through many drafts and a lot of patience, Shelley helped us create a wedding that was classy, modern and romantic, just what we wanted. She was incredibly responsive and her knowledge of Greenville vendors was especially clutch since my husband and I were both from out of town. She went above and beyond consistently during the planning process including visiting sites for us and taking deliveries. I would definitely recommend her full service since then I knew we were on the same page throughout the planning process and knew I could always reach out to her. However, the best part was knowing that on the wedding day, my family and I didn’t have to worry about anything and could just enjoy our special day together! It goes by so fast already, and I knew that I could focus on my husband, family and friends instead of putting out fires because someone else was on the ball. Can’t recommend Shelley enough, especially if you are a bride who values professionalism, experience, and responsiveness to help you through the stressful wedding planning process!

Mary · Married on 06/30/2018

When I started planning my wedding, my mom and I knew that we would need guidance regarding vendors, the process, vendor management and the small details that make a wedding stand out. Especially as we got closer to the wedding day and to eliminate the need of frequent trips down to Greenville from my mom (who lives 500 miles away) we wanted someone who understood our vision of traditional with a modern twist for the evening in the venue we had booked prior to hiring Shelley. We reached out to discuss where we were in our planning and after the phone call, it was clear that we needed the partial planning package to provide us the peace of mind that our wedding would look great, reflect my personal style, as well as run smoothly. Shelley’s services not only kept our stress levels in check but she was able to ensure that I had the wedding I had always envisioned. We had so many questions and unanswered logistical concerns that Shelley was able to address immediately with so many new ideas! She is not only solutions oriented but has a creative flair that is always adding to the conversations. We admired her calm demeanor, her organization, and simple approach to what seemed to be very complicated issues for us to tackle. Every email or conversation was clear on what we needed to think about next and ways to achieve everything we wanted. On the day of the wedding Shelley was truly our commander in chief and biggest advocate. Everything had its place, flowed well and we were able to enjoy the entire night because Shelley had executed everything from vendors to personal touches during cocktail hour so perfectly. We cannot say enough high praises of how smooth our wedding day went! We would recommend Shelley to anyone and everyone in need to of a wedding planner that is organized, has a variety of inspirations and options for every detail of your reception, and is your biggest cheerleader in every decision you make. Thank you for making our day so special and memorable!

Events with Shelley 9
    Events with Shelley 10
    Events with Shelley 11
    Events with Shelley 12
    Events with Shelley 13

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2018

If you are searching for a rockstar wedding planner who you could also become great friends with look no further. Shelley is THE. BEST. My {new!!} husband and I are busy engineers living in Atlanta and we knew we wouldn't be able to do everything on our own. Well, I thought I could until I started looking at all of the details involved in planning a wedding from scratch. Boy can things get overwhelming, especially for someone like me who wasn’t entirely sure what I wanted our wedding to look like at first. Along with being a detail-oriented expert, she is also full of great, unique ideas and was able to make our day feel like it truly was OUR DAY. Day of our wedding, Shelley made sure I had almost no responsibilities, and I was able to truly enjoy our entire wedding day from start to finish. The #1 thing I am most grateful to Shelley for is what turned out to be the most special moment of our day – our first look. At first, I didn’t think I wanted to do a first look, but wasn’t really sure why. As Shelley got to know us, somehow she could just tell that Josh and I could use a moment alone before our wedding ceremony for just the two of us. I will be forever grateful to Shelley for laying out the pros and cons of doing a first look (there are really not many cons on that list!) and it was an easy decision to go for it! It is my clearest, most emotional, and meaningful memory from our wedding day. Shelley had a knack for making us so confident in any and all of our “non traditional” wedding moments, and because of Shelley, everything came together beautifully on our best day ever.

Sent on 07/05/2018
    Events with Shelley 21
    Events with Shelley 22
    Events with Shelley 23

Events with Shelley's reply:

GURRRRL, STOP IT! Really though, the best moment of many! Thank you for embracing my ideas and being open to helping you build the best day for you and Josh! Loved every minute. Stay in touch and come visit Greenville SOON!

Marc · Married on 05/19/2018

Hiring Shelley was the best money spent on our wedding. I can honestly say that I don't know how we would have done it without her. She helped take things off our plates when we bit off more than we could chew and more importantly, worked with all of our vendors, especially those who were less professional and less responsive. My wife and I are pretty sure we would have lost our sanity if it weren't for Shelley.

She also has a great eye and took the time to understand our vision and and help put it all together aesthetically. I also want to note her flexibility in working with us when we had a change in heart about specific things like the ceremony setup or the seating arrangements. Because of the wether, we were even have to make changes at the last minute, but she kept the communication open, kept her cool and listened to what we wanted.

Shelley was always professional, courteous and detail oriented. She was a real pleasure to work with.

I have two pieces of advice:
    1. Hire a professional wedding coordinator
    2. Hire Shelley

Sent on 06/23/2018

Events with Shelley's reply:

Where do I even begin with you two. The most thoughtful and organized couple ever! Love when its truly a team effort between planner and bride & groom to make things perfect! Seeing everything we detailed out come together was certainly magical! And the day turned out lovely! I think you two were lucky charms on the weather situation! Miss our emails!

Kathryn · Married on 05/12/2018

I am the Mother of a new bride and I can not say enough good things about Shelly .She was absolutely amazing as was my Daughter’s wedding .Everything was perfect down to the smallest detail [and that says a lot since I am a long term perfectionist].The best part of all was that I had to do nothing except enjoy a breathtaking wedding.Thanks so much Shelly Keim

Sent on 06/29/2018

Events with Shelley's reply:

Kathryn, You are, wonderful, thank YOU! Your love for both your daughters is admiring and you truly wanted the best for Katie and it shined through your willingness to participate! So glad you enjoyed the day in celebration and that I had a part in making the details all come together so perfectly. It really was an amazing day on so many levels! <3

james · Married on 05/12/2018

Could not have been better! Whatever came up, Shelley had already thought it through and had a great solution. Do yourself a favor, sleep well and have Shelley plan your event. Jeb Brown. Proud father of the bride

Sent on 07/01/2018

Events with Shelley's reply:

Thank you, Dr. Brown! The day was so sweet to witness. You raised a beautiful daughter and I am so happy I could be that relief to enjoy the wedding festivities!

Hollie · Married on 03/31/2018

I seriously could not have done this without Shelley! She was so helpful and made sure every detail was taken care of. She made sure all the vendors were on the same page and made sure everything went as planned. My jaw dropped when she sent me her detailed spreadsheet of all of our info! I couldn't believe how thorough she was! So grateful for her help, I surely would have forgotten a few things had I tried to do this on my own! She undoubtedly helped ease all the stress that comes with wedding planning!! Thank you Shelley!!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Events with Shelley's reply:

So very welcome! Love you two! When you have the best couples, it makes my job so easy and fun and that is exactly what y'all did. Such a awesome group of friends and family! The day was such a party!

Marjy · Married on 12/16/2017

Shelley took the vague ideas we had for our wedding and made it into something that fit our style of classic rustic, and timeless. She had excellent ideas, and we especially loved the pillow she made with our beloved cat's image.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Events with Shelley's reply:

Thank you, Marjy & Phil! It was a joy to work with you and plan out your day! And the happiest detail for me was surprising you with that pillow!!! #fellowloverofcats

Richard · Married on 11/11/2017

Events with Shelly is simply a must if you are getting married near Greenville. My fiancée (now wife) and I decided to get married in Landrum, SC (we’re from Georgia) and we decided we didn’t need the added stress that comes along with doing it all yourself. After doing a good bit of searching we came across Events with Shelly and let me tell you it’s one of the best decisions I feel we have ever made. Shelly is absolutely incredibly and honestly her fees should have been double for the amount of help she provided. She was incredibly attentive, assisted us on some of our crazier wants/demands and I even had the opportunity to see her handling a “problem” the day of the wedding and let’s just say she’s not going to let anything interfere with your day nor will you even know about it if you’re no standing there as it comes up.

Overall, we feel truly lucky to have had Events by Shelly on our side and you should absolutely book their services for your special day!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

The electrical cord/power incident of 2017 wedding season! HAHA! Glad you were there to witness that. And I am glad I was there to witness the greatest best man toast to you. Kyle is a keeper in the BF department! And Caitlin is a keeper for sure! You two were seriously the best! Hope Mexico was a blast!

Caitlin · Married on 11/11/2017

We booked Shelley's Partial Planning Package and my whole family is so thankful we did! It's worth every penny! We live a few hours away, out of state, and Shelley helped us so much with her vendor recommendations and accommodating our schedule. She went above and beyond with organization and communication. She made sure everyone knew what they were doing and kept us on schedule. I had a pretty elaborate vision and she helped me achieve it and then some. We had our dream wedding and reception! I loved that she made vendors contact only her day of, so I received zero phone calls all day, and was able to feel completely at peace. If I had tried to do everything myself our wedding would have been a complete disaster (I'm a bit of a procrastinator and had no idea about the amount of details that went into planning a wedding). She kept us on track though! Over the span of the year I spent planning I think we had over 200 emails back and forth because she made sure all of my questions were answered and all of the details were perfect. We lucked out picking Shelley. We feel like we made a friend for life and got the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Events with Shelley 24
    Events with Shelley 25
    Events with Shelley 26

Events with Shelley's reply:

It was an honor to execute your vision. Coolest bride ever! I had so much fun. Yours day came together perfectly. I couldn't have asked for better for you two! Friends and future bourbon buddies. Come to visit Greenville soon!

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed working with Shelley. We signed up for the month-of and day-of coordinating, so I had a fair bit lined up before the month-of coordinating kicked in, but Shelley helped streamline and perfect our plan. My mom, fiancee and I were so thrilled and relieved that she was able to step in, understand our vision, and execute it so well. Shelley is fun, professional and experienced. Knowing Shelley was on the scene helped my mom and I relax Friday and Saturday, and just enjoy the occasion and being with our friends and family. My only regret is that I don't have another huge event to plan with Shelley!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

You get five stars for being so well organized and the best bride to plan with! Thank you for listening to my crazy ideas. The day was beautiful. You looked amazing and I cannot wait to relive it all through your photos! xoxo

Brett · Married on 10/21/2017

After being engaged for a few months, I decided to go back to school. As if working full time and planning a wedding wasn’t enough, adding “part time student” to my plate definitely sent my stress levels through the roof!
    I wasn’t sure I needed a wedding coordinator at the time, but finding Shelley was a game changer!! She was my angel 3 months out & the day of the wedding. (if I had it to do over again, I would have booked her for full service)
    From talking me off the ledge of a mental breakdown, to assuring me that our wedding day would be perfect, I could not have asked for a more amazing coordinator!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

xoxo. You know you have a calm planner whhhhhen... her parked car gets side swiped and the planning meeting carries on. HAHA! So glad we got to catch up the other week and look back at the day! Community Tap drinks again soon please!

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Shelley was wonderful to work with! Her help took a lot of stress off of me!!!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie! Your organization leading up made my day easy and stress free! We were a great team then!

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Working with Shelley at Events with Shelley was one of the very best decisions I made during the wedding planning process. Although we only hired her for partial wedding planning, I truly feel like she was there every step of the way. She was incredibly thorough, extremely organized and consistently communicative throughout the nine months we spent planning our dream day.....and it truly was the day of our dreams. Shelley allowed me to make my beautiful wedding day truly my own. No matter how 'outside of the box' some of my ideas might have seemed, she supported them and made me feel even more confident in my decisions. I feel like our wedding day would not have been nearly as special nor seamless had we not decided to elicit the help of someone with Shelley's skills and expertise. We are forever grateful to her!! Thank you and much love to you, Shelley! XO, Lauren & Justin

Events with Shelley 27

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

Shelley was a fabulous coordinator for us on our wedding day, and really for the month leading up to the big day. I had no questions or calls from vendors on my wedding day, and came out of the bridal suite with everything already beautifully set up and ready. She had food brought to our table for the 10 minutes we had to sit and eat during reception, so I ate at my wedding! Leading up to the big day she answered any questions about other vendors, and talked us into and out of some very key things for the day of layout, so guests were happy and comfortable during the reception. And most importantly to me she cheerfully walked my family/bridal party through a million repeated questions at the rehearsal so everyone was ready for the ceremony itself. I can't recommend her highly enough even if you can only do the day-of like us! She will make sure you have a beautiful, happy, and worry-free wedding day.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

And you were a fabulous bride! So ecstatic be able to spend the day coordinating for you two. An epic wedding and reception for sure! Y'all know how to party!
  • I

Irina · Married on 09/24/2017

Hiring Shelley as my ceremony director was the best thing I did for my wedding. I only regret not hiring her for more. She supplied me with some very great vendors that I was lacking, who were all amazing. Shelley went above and beyond and helped with reception set up as well. I can’t stress enough the importance of her being a part of our wedding and would tell any bride - you need Shelley. She will make your life so much easier! What my husband liked about Shelley was that she is very direct and to-the-point. We were never left wondering whether something was happening or if we were forgetting something. As a result, our wedding on 9/24/17 was the breeziest, easiest, most perfect thing. Our day was seamless from start to finish. Shelley will work hard into the night (I think she’s a night owl!!) to make sure you get what you need. Thank you so much for making our day incredible.

Sent on 10/13/2017
    Events with Shelley 28
    Events with Shelley 29

Events with Shelley's reply:

So glad we connected! I still remember our consultation and how I fell in love with your taste in floral. Everything came together beautifully. You deserved the best day! You were a fairytale bride!

kaitlin · Married on 09/16/2017

Shelley was amazing choice for our wedding day. Not only was she responsive, answering all of our questions leading up to our one month out appointment, she offered suggestions on decisions that would make our lives easier- things we hadn't even though about! She listened to what we wanted and her execution was everything we could have hoped for! She was patient and flexible and despite not having the rehearsal at the venue, she made sure everyone knew where they had to be and when. She set up and tore down for us and made sure we were organized with all of our vendors. We did not have to worry about a thing. It was a huge help and a decision that we would make again. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

Kaitlin! So glad we got to work together! You made my job easy, girl! And your friends and family were amazing which makes the day so fun! Hope that surprise carriage ride was magical like the rest of the day! Talk soon because I need to hear about the honey moon - dream locale!

Caroline · Married on 09/08/2017

Shelley was so great to work with! She was extremely helpful and professional when it came to working out some issues we had with the venue. We got so many compliments on the details of the party and all of them were her idea! She is well worth the small fee. If I could do it over, I only wish I'd have hired her sooner!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

Caroline. You are a ball of kindness! Thank you for letting me throw some ideas your way and not thinking I am completely crazy! Wish you were here in Greenville as I would love to drink beers with you and Parker any day! Cheers to an adventure in marriage!

Adriene · Married on 09/02/2017

We were so excited to have Shelley as our day of wedding planner. We loved our one on one meetings with her and she was so helpful with all of the questions we had. She blew us away with how hard she worked and how much time she spent on our wedding, making sure our day was perfect. When the day came, Shelley was right there, working so hard and I never had to worry about things being in order during the whole day. She kept everyone on track and she truly went above and beyond. There is nothing I would have changed about her work and I will always promote her work to our newly engaged friends.

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Events with Shelley 30
    Events with Shelley 31
    Events with Shelley 32
    Events with Shelley 33

Events with Shelley's reply:

ADRIEEEEENE! Those photos you posted...ahhh, so sweet! Brings back memories of a fun day! We still need to do our catch-up over a craft beer. You know I am not too far away from CT so let me know! And I want to see ALL THE PRETTY PHOTOS!

Rebecca · Married on 07/07/2017

Shelley was hands down the very best decision we made for our wedding! In the beginning, I wasn't really sure if I needed one because I've always been a DIY kind of girl, but within weeks, Shelley provided me with help for things I hadn't even thought of.

For the actual wedding day, I didn't have a worry in the world, because I had realized all the things I had forgotten that she had already thought of and taken care of! The only criticism for Shelley is that she is grossly underpaid for the work and services that she provides! I can honestly say that the only reason why my wedding was so perfect and flawless, is because she was our coordinator! Thank you so much Shelley, you are without a doubt the best!!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

So I finally got your photos to download and now I am the happiest! So fun to look back on all the smiles! You were a radiant bride! Thank you for trusting me to be a part of momentous day :)

Allie · Married on 06/24/2017

EVENTS with SHELLEY was absolutely wonderful! We are an out of state couple so hiring Shelley for full service planning was the best decision we made! She was indispensable and we view hiring her as a huge gift to ourselves. She has so much experience, she’s there to point out a few things you may have missed or just didn't think about and had awesome ideas to add to our day - that was so appreciated! Shelley and I worked together to get everything knocked out so early, that for months leading up to the wedding I had absolutely nothing to do- AMAZING! I was really able to enjoy our engagement and never once stressed out and that’s all because of Shelley! She knows so many wedding vendors around the area and she guided me to all ones who made our day a dream come true! Shelley was warm and kind, replied quickly and knowledgeably to all of our questions, and remained a calm, reassuring and loving presence through the entire planning process through to the day of. We arrived in Greenville from Kentucky early in the week of our wedding and got to spend time with all of our out of town guests without a worry in the world. The day of our wedding she was incredible! She executed everything with intelligence, intuition and a relaxing demeanor. I was able to soak up the day and truly enjoy myself and my husband. and I know that's because she was constantly working behind the scenes to make it that way. I cannot imagine not having her through the entire process but especially on the day of the wedding. Not only is she an amazing wedding planner, she is also an amazing person. She is a MUST HAVE for your wedding day.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Events with Shelley's reply:

Allie, you are my rock star bride. If I could just clone you, that would be the best! Thank you for the kindest review. Its really nice to hear a bride's side of the planning process after its all done. Can you believe you are MARRIED! I go back and look at your photos and just melt. Gosh, you two are the cutest!