Events With Laura Reviews

15 | Manassas, VA

15 Reviews for Events With Laura

15 Events With Laura Reviews

Kiki · Married on 09/29/2018

We hired Laura as a 'day of coordinator' for my daughter's wedding, but she did more. She was very responsive to emails/texts, had great ideas & gave us feedback on ours! Laura was very accommodating & worked with our vendors to ensure we had a stress free wedding day!. Everything went perfectly according to plan!
    --Kiki G.

Margaret · Married on 09/22/2018

She came highly recommended; she came ready to work our plan; she came with ideas, advice, and suggestions; she came from heaven! If you haven't hired Laura, already, do it. She wants YOUR vision to come true, and will do everything to make it happen. Every email/text was acknowledged. Requests were happily received with a smile and "no problem" attitude. She was cool, efficient, and organized, which meant I could relax and ENJOY my daughter's wedding! Thank you, Laura!!!

Events With Laura 1

Chris · Married on 09/02/2018

My wife Kate and I were referred to Laura by my best friend who also hired her as a Day-Of planner for his wedding last year. From our initial phone interview with Laura through the five weeks leading up to the big day, Laura was a consummate professional and put us at ease with her insights, suggestions, feedback and incredible work ethic. She went above in beyond in helping us with other outside vendors (DJ, Audio/Visual, Pipe & Draping, Decor, and more). She also helped us solve small but stressful last minute oversights in the final week leading up to our wedding. Most importantly, she made my wife and I feel as calm as possible on the wedding day, meeting every request and constantly checking in to make sure we didn't need anything else while keeping our wedding parties organized and our families at bay. She also helped address small miscues made by other vendors immediately, leaving us even more at ease. We can't recommend Laura enough for helping make our dream wedding become a reality!

• Ellen

Ellen Ziegler · Married on 05/27/2018

Best wedding decision ever!

Aside from deciding to get married, selecting Laura as our full service wedding planner was one of the best decisions we made recently. She was with us every step of the way from the beginning of the wedding planning process through our exit on our wedding night - and even fielding our additional questions after the wedding. Thanks to Laura’s dedication and attention to every little detail, our wedding went off without a hitch - even with a last minute rain decision.

One of the best aspects of working with Laura is her level of availability and promptness in replying. I can’t emphasize enough how important this is, especially as the day gets close. We had several in-person meetings and many via FaceTime, which I expected. What I didn’t expect was that I could text or email Laura and get a response typically within minutes, even late in the evening. And when she knew she had a lot going on (she does have other clients of course), she’d apologize in advance, letting us know she’d be slower than normal to respond. “Slower”, mind you, typically meant she’d reply later that day or the next day. An email never went multiple days without a response, even though she had a baby while we were working with her! Since she doesn’t work for a large company, she is much more accessible than some planners. You know what you’re getting from the beginning - full service from Laura!

Laura helped us find every one of our vendors, from the venue to the getaway car - and even a dance instructor for my dad in another state, researching and providing options for each via a nicely organized spreadsheet. She also participated in the introductory calls with each of our vendors, which was especially helpful since she knew all the questions to ask and what to look for in a good vendor. She helped us develop a schedule and definitely kept us on track to make sure we prioritized the right tasks and everything got done.

Full planning from Laura is more than worth the cost. If we had it to do again, we’d make the same decision. Wedding planning is a lot of work, and it is so nice to know you have someone who has done this before and has your best interests in mind vying for you throughout. And to cap it off, she’s genuinely very kind and fun to be around. It’s clear her goal is to help her clients create the best day ever to celebrate their new lives together. We find ourselves missing spending time with her now. Even our friends and family saw the benefits we got out of working with Laura. Do yourself a favor and give her a call!

Sarah · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so glad we chose Laura as our wedding coordinator! She made our big day feel stress free, kept me (as well as the entire wedding) organized and did an amazing job!

Anna · Married on 04/28/2018

My wedding was beautiful thanks to the help of Laura and her team! Laura was easy to contact, quick to make sure everything was in order, and always attentive to the details. The day of the wedding was a rush, with setting up the venue and getting yourself and all of the bridesmaid ready-it didn’t seem like enough time. Laura stepped in to help set things up! I explained how I wanted décor set up and told her to use any extra flowers/décor at her discretion. I was then able to relax and get ready. To no surprise at all, I walked into the venue and was blown away! Laura kept her emergency bag handy throughout the night and was quick to retrieve it when my need needed to be sewn up (more than once). She was sure to make sure I had everything I needed. One of the greatest perks of having Laura and her team was when the evening finally came to an end my friends and family were able to leave and Laura cleaned everything up! It was such a relief to be able to just enjoy the evening and relax after all of the planning. I would highly recommend Events with Laura to anyone planning an event or wedding!

Danielle · Married on 11/04/2017

Compared to my friends and relatives who had gotten married, my engagement was short...only 10 months. I basically followed everyone else's timeline in terms of booking the venue and other vendors and soon realized that the coordinator who had done many of my friends' weddings was not available. My mom found Laura just as she was coming to the area from San Diego, and to my surprise, she agreed to meet with us within a few days of actually moving here which is no easy task! I immediately liked Laura; she was responsive, prepared, and took the time to get to know me and my fiance as a couple and not just as a wedding. Laura has a great system worked out to prepare for the big day and all its details. We had an in-depth meeting a few weeks before where we went through every detail; she asked questions I hadn't even thought of and was even ready to suggest any vendors we still needed. Just before the wedding, the coordinator for the venue quit suddenly, but luckily Laura was able to transition seamlessly to another contact. Even though it was technically before her 2-week prior start date, she drove all the way to DC for the vendor meeting to make sure everyone was on the same page. She gave us a clear to-do list and list of items needed for the day-of which was incredibly easy to follow and helped me not forget anything.

Her ability to be lighthearted and upbeat while remaining focused and productive was key. On my wedding day, I was able to relax and enjoy myself without worrying about vendors or guests. I didn't see my ceremony room until I walked down the aisle, and that moment was so magical, seeing how the room transformed to be exactly what I wanted, all under Laura's supervision. You will not regret working with Laura; she has the personality, experience, and professionalism to make your wedding exactly what you want it to be!

Events With Laura 2
    Events With Laura 3
    Events With Laura 4
    Events With Laura 5
    Events With Laura 6
  • Anthony

Anthony · Married on 06/17/2017

Laura is an amazing wedding coordinator. She was very responsive and incredibly organized throughout the entire process. We hired her a month before our wedding when we realized we needed a day of coordinator. She responded to texts and emails immediately whenever we had any questions. She made the wedding process stress free. She contacted and coordinated with all of our vendors, worked with our event planner at the venue, and setup a timeline for us. She ran the rehearsal the day before the wedding and was at the venue for our entire wedding the next day. Laura and her assistant setup the ceremony and reception exactly the way we wanted, kept us on schedule, and made sure we always had a drink in our hands. We highly recommend Laura if you're planning a wedding.

Emaleigh · Married on 06/10/2017

Laura was our day of planner for our Arlington, VA wedding in June 2017. She took the time to meet with myself, matron of honor, and mother a month or so before the wedding to talk about some ideas and learn about my husband and I. I appreciated how relatable, professional, and fun Laura was throughout our whole experience. On our big day she took care of everyone's questions (both families and multiple vendors) so I had nothing to worry about and could focus on marrying the love of my life!

Jeanne · Married on 03/18/2017

We used Events With Laura for our wedding in March and it was a total breeze. The day of the wedding THERE WASN'T A SINGLE WORRY. We were able to relax and enjoy the most special day of our lives without having to worry about the little details! Not only was the day of a home run, she went above and beyond being a day of coordinator but assisted us on the journey the weeks before in reminding us of things we needed to get done. Laura is very professional, friendly and organized. We highly recommend using her for ANY event. Book her now and you won't regret it!!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Events With Laura's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review!!! I love love LOVED every minute of working with you guys! xoxo

Christine · Married on 03/04/2017

Laura was our day-of coordinator. She also met with us a few weeks before the wedding. I feel she covered all bases during our first meetings.

After getting an idea of our vision, she wasn't afraid to face head-on the responsibility of managing 3+ vendors and wedding entourage....days prior to the event and day of the event.

Anytime we were in contact, she never made it seem like a bother but had a complete and easy "anything for the bride" attitude! Can't repeat how much this attitude made all this difference. She is TRULY cut out for this job!

I adore her. I recommend her to all couples. Don't hesitate to go with her :) I made the best choice!!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Events With Laura's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review!! I LOVED helping make your Big Day happen! I wish you both all the best. Enjoy marriage! xoxo

melissa · Married on 11/05/2016

Laura did a great job for us, both before and during our wedding. She was there with an answer for every question and a solution for every problem. Her professionalism, patients and personality are perfect for a wedding coordinator. Laura saved the day when needed and blended into the surroundings when not. We highly recommend Laura for your wedding coordinator! Melissa S.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Events With Laura's reply:

Thank you, Melissa! It was such an honor to work with you and get to know you guys. xoxo

Kathleen · Married on 09/10/2016

Laura did a FANTASTIC job coordinating our wedding. We hired her to do day of wedding coordination because we needed help with set up and tear down but she did SO much more than that. She worked out unexpected last minute details with our vendors and bended over backwards to accommodate our last minute changes. I highly recommend her. Thanks so much!

BrianAndLaura · Married on 02/13/2016

Laura was our wedding planner. We felt she did an amazing job, and we would recommend her to anyone! She is responsible, kind, personable, and (most importantly) she gets the job done!!!

Both my husband and I are quite particular people. We had a rather complicated wedding (mostly due to 4 different musical performances). Our wedding was by no means cookie cutter, and we needed a lot of planning that our venue has no capacity or ability to do. We never would have made it happen without Laura's awesome helping hand. For example, ...

1) We had a gospel choir for the ceremony. Laura worked with the choir director to get EXACTLY the sound we wanted, including for the processional. She picked the perfect arrangements, she attended their rehearsal to make sure it was perfect. She prayed with them before the ceremony. What more could you want?!??

2) We had an expensive trio perform at the dinner. The group insisted on having a greenroom and "warmup" time well in advance of their performance, and they charged us a pretty penny for it. Then, the group showed up super late (although still in time to perform, just not warmup). Laura got us a $750 refund due to their late arrival. Who else would make that effort?!??

3) Although our wedding site provided a "day of planner," Laura stepped in to help where they were lacking. For example, she knew our processional and made sure everyone started walking at the right time. When servers were slacking, she asked them to step it up. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea.

Niki · Married on 02/23/2013

Laura was one of my wedding coordinators and I could not have been happier with everything she did! Whether it was a pep talk I needed in the moment or making sure all the details were in order, she is genuine, super hard working and so fun to be around. I'm so thankful she was a part of my big day!