Events by Emily Reviews

Events by Emily 4
Events by Emily 5
  • LouAnn

Louann Vaughn · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Events by Emily was awesome!

Emily was thorough, efficient and delightful. We had a great time working together and her follow-through was excellent. If she helps with your wedding, you'll be in great hands!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Laura

Laura Marion · Married on 10/26/2019

If you and your partner are the two most important people for your wedding day, Emily is #3

If you are trolling these reviews in an attempt to find the perfect wedding planner, look no further! All the work that Emily put in as our month-of planner made the wedding and planning process go so smoothly. Leading up to the wedding, Emily did such a great job coordinating with all of the vendors. It was really great that, if I had a question or needed something adjusted, I could just reach out to Emily and she would take care of it. She made everything leading up to the wedding so uncomplicated for me and my in-laws. As a bride, something no one tells you is that on your wedding day, if you don't have a planner, all of the questions from vendors come directly to you and your family members. With Emily and her assistant Erin, my loved ones and I were able to relax and have a nice morning, uninterrupted by vendors. They stuck around until the end of the reception and made sure that my husband and I had the best day possible. They relieved all of our stress and conducted our wedding in a way that was professional, helpful, and made us feel very special. My husband and I often joke about getting divorced so that we can get married again and have another big fun wedding. The only thing we would do differently is hire Emily sooner.

Events by Emily 6
    Events by Emily 7
    Events by Emily 8
    Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Heather

Heather Grant · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent planner! Had a wonderful low stress planning process and wedding because of Emily!

I can't speak highly enough about Emily and her skills as a wedding planner! Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made. We got engaged and were married 6 months to the day afterwards and had a wedding for ~100 people. Within that 6 months we bought a house, both moved and had several other life events happen. Needless to say it was stressful but honestly I rarely had wedding stress. I was ridiculously happy planning it and I credit most of that to Emily. After the initial meeting she helped us nail down our vision and then she would give me 2 - 3 options for vendors that matched our style and were within our budget. It saved us so much time combing the internet and worrying about the caliber of those we were hiring. I know she had many meetings with vendors and the venue without me even knowing which is exactly what I wanted!
    The actual wedding day was perfect! Everything (went off perfectly despite weather moving us inside and if there was a hiccup she and her assistant took care of it without me knowing.
    She is personable but also no non-sense which fit well with my personality.
    I never worried about missing a detail, not meeting a timeline, or anything on the wedding day. I highly recommend Emily to help plan your wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Giaco Furino · Married on 06/01/2019

Emily Made Our Wedding Perfect

It’s really hard to put into words how helpful and wonderful Emily was as our wedding planner. We hired on Emily as a full-service planner almost two years before the actual day of our wedding, and to say we couldn’t have done it without her is a huge understatement. Emily is careful, thoughtful, kind, (extremely) patient, and her attention to detail is remarkable. We live in NYC but wanted to have our wedding in Durham, and we knew we’d need full-service help. But even if you’re local, you should seriously consider Emily for full-service wedding planning. She navigated vendors, kept us on track in terms of budget and timeline, and really understands the joys (and stresses) of planning a wedding. Our 110 person wedding, held at the lovely Cookery in downtown Durham, was given life via her guidance. It was completely "us," elegantly designed, and had the perfect flow from moment to moment. She kept us on track, kept us from getting overwhelmed, and helped us navigate every situation that came up during the planning phase. She immediately got our vibe, understood what we wanted for our day, and worked tirelessly with all of our (equally wonderful) vendors to make it beyond perfect. Bringing her on board was the best decision we made for our wedding, and we couldn’t imagine anyone else helping us have the perfect day. Thanks, Emily, for everything!

Events by Emily 9
    Sent on 06/25/2019

Events by Emily's reply:

Thank you so much, Giaco! It was a dream from start to finish. I hope that all is well with you and Blair up in NYC.

Jenny Fornoff · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing service

We hired Emily as our day-of coordinator and can say she truly provides a rarity in the wedding industry: value-added service. Her "day-of" package is really a month-of service that takes the stress off just when you need it most. Our Duke Gardens wedding went off without a hitch! I didn't worry about a thing all day. Because she handled the final vendor confirmations, approved and floor plans and the timeline, I had full confidence that she understood every detail of our vision. Do yourself a favor and book her!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Aly Aarons · Married on 05/18/2019

Best decision ever!

I'm not sure my husband and I could've pulled our wedding off without Emily! First, she has an amazing network of vendors; some of which we coincidentally already booked, and others were booked on her recommendation. This made planning so easy knowing not only did she have confidence in our other vendors, but they had confidence in her. Solidified every decision we made along the way & creating a wonderful team to execute our wedding. This became incredibly important because little did we know, 2 months before our wedding we'd be moving to Chicago! Not only were we not there to do walk throughs, but we did a fair amount of DIY. Having about 3 weeks prior to moving meant getting those pieces to family in driving distance, and never having a full plan for decor. Emily handled it like a champ. All of the final details with vendors. All of our decor. Flawless. Emily is also incredibly easy to work with. She has a very laid back personality, but is a BA boss lady and could easily direct a room full of our loud/crazy family & friends with grace. Many of our wedding party members, family, guest and the officiant made a point to let my husband and I know how amazing they thought she was. Best decision we made was to hire Emily!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Events by Emily's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Aly! "BA Boss Lady," I'll have to make t-shirts :) Please stay in touch and enjoy your new home in Chicago!

Lindsey · Married on 05/11/2019

Best choice we made

Em is an amazing wedding planner and person. We planned a large wedding from out of town, and she is the sole reason it was painless and went so well. I really appreciate her outstanding taste, frankness/decisiveness, sense of humor, and her responsiveness. She was my go-to for things in her purview (contract questions and flower arrangement details) and outside of it (dress tailoring freak outs and family disputes). She is attentive to every detail without being overbearing - I truly didn’t have to worry at all because I knew she had it all under control. She also planned our post-wedding brunch at my family’s home, and was able to accommodate my parents’ desire for a casual, laid-back event that was just perfect. You also get to know her through the planning process (ie cake tastings, rental visits, and venue walk-throughs) which goes a long way in making planning actually enjoyable. Our wedding was everything we could have asked for, and (because Em is awesome) we and our families were able to be present and truly just enjoy the day. Book her now if she’s available, especially if you’re looking for a fun, seasonal, authentic wedding.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Events by Emily's reply:

Thank you so much for this incredibly nice review, Lindsey! Your wedding was such a joy to plan and be a part of--and, like you said, so fun. Please keep in touch! X, Em
  • Dana

Dana Odrezin Rotenstreich · Married on 05/04/2019

The best wedding decision we made!!

Hiring Emily was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I started off thinking I could plan our 250 person wedding out-of-state (with the help of my in-state parents), but I realized how stressed I was getting and how much I needed help making decisions. As soon as I spoke to Emily, I knew we needed and wanted her. By the time we hired her as our partial planner, we had booked most of our vendors, but Emily helped us get to the finish line. She was with us as we met with potential vendors for invitations, with our florist, the Temple, everything. She even facetimed me as she was walking through the warehouse deciding on different accessories we may or may not want for the reception. We relied on her way more than we initially expected, and it was amazing.

To sum it up, Emily is EXCELLENT at her job. She understood the look we were going for and was able to communicate with all of our vendors to help make all of the final design decisions and coordinate all day-of details. She anticipated all of our needs before we even knew we needed them and was in constant communication with us and our vendors. She reminded us when we needed to make decisions or purchases, and was always there for support! Emily will get the job done, get it done quickly, and get it done right. It took an incredible amount of pressure off of our shoulders.

We had zero worries day-of and Emily handled everything perfectly! We were able to step back and enjoy the day and we knew she would take care of anything that came up!

We enjoyed every minute of working with her and are so appreciative of all of the time and effort she put into our wedding! Hire Events by Emily and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Dana,

Thank you so much for the kind words!! I truly loved working with you, Matt and your parents, and really hope to keep in touch. All my best always, Em :)

Kirsten Dickson · Married on 04/10/2019

Emily was amazing!

After our wedding, people asked me what our money was best spent on. Our wedding was pretty awesome so there were a few things and one of those was Emily! She was my day of coordinator, but she really was more like my month of coordinator. She helped walk us through things in the weeks leading up to the wedding that would have made me crazy if we had to do them alone. She was helpful in any way you could imagine and more. The wedding day was nothing less than perfect as well. I literally just showed up and she kept me on schedule along with my vendors. I didn't have to think about anything besides getting married and it was amazing! I would recommend Emily, and her wonderful assistant Erin, without hesitation. I promise it will be money well spent!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Events by Emily's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kirsten! Your wedding was an absolute blast to be a part of and we had a wonderful time working with you and Avery. Please keep in touch!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/03/2019

Love and Laughter!

I could not imagine having a wedding without Emily! Her calm demeanor and helpful suggestions allowed us to enjoy the day to the fullest! We had a stress free day full of love and laughter. Thank you Emily!

Events by Emily 10
    Sent on 03/18/2019

Events by Emily's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Emily! :) I loved working with you and Bryan. Enjoy newly wedded bliss! -Other Emily

Lisa Russ Spaar · Married on 11/25/2018

Exquisite Emily

Hiring Emily Izakowitz as our month-of wedding planner for my youngest daughter’s wedding was the best decision I made in the entire, year-long process of preparing for the big day. Emily has a rare gift for closely listening to and intuiting her clients’ vision, and then helping them to realize that vision at every level, from the utterly practical to the over-the-moon romantic. She is as resilient, flexible, and good-natured as she is organized, decisive, firm, and reliable. With an understated elegance all her own, she helped to orchestrate a complex nexus of florists, caterers, clergy, drivers, photographers, musicians, wedding party members, and guests with inspirational calm. She never once made the event about her, and yet we absolutely could not have had the wonderful experience we had without her guidance and help at every important turn. In retrospect, I wish I’d hired her for the entire planning period. She’s a marvel.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Megan O'connor · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Day-of-coordinator!

Emily was by far the best choice we could have made for our day-of-coordinator. We were married at The Rickhouse in Durham NC where you have to bring in outside vendors for almost everything, and she was extremely helpful with planning and coordinating all the final details with them (all the small things you would never think about!). She is so organized and always responds very quickly - she made wedding day stress-free! I worry about EVERYTHING, and I felt so at ease knowing Emily was there to take care of it all! She's also one of the nicest people we've ever met - you could tell she genuinely cared about us and making sure our day was exactly how we wanted it. We don't live in NC and planned the wedding from afar, so it was stressful not being there to make decisions, but she made it so much easier. If you want a rockstar coordinator, Emily is your girl!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Suzanna Vogel · Married on 10/27/2018

Thank you, Emily, for the most beautiful day of our lives...

My husband, Stephen, and I began the wedding planning process during a rather hectic time in our lives. We’d recently moved across the country from our longtime home of North Carolina for his medical residency, and we were still adjusting to his grueling work schedule, the SF bay area cost of living, and simply being in a new place! We briefly wondered if perhaps we should wait until a more “stable” time to plan our wedding. But we didn’t entertain that possibility for long: we couldn’t imagine putting our special day on hold for any longer. We wanted to be married! And despite the logistics, we knew we wanted to tie the knot back in the state where we met and fell in love, surrounded by the friends and family there that supported us.

Neither of us knowing much about the planning process, we were embarrassingly naive. After a few crazy months of attempting to do it on our own, we finally admitted the obvious: we needed help!

Millenials that we are, we found Emily on Google. Her words felt immediately reassuring. Her vibe was down-to-earth, clear, and refreshing. It felt like she already knew the essence of the wedding we wanted to create. Honestly, she also just seemed like someone we'd be friends with! Where we were with our planning process at the time, this felt like exactly what we needed: someone to understand us, guide us, but also connect with as a couple... from all the way across the country (no biggie!)

Our first meeting with Emily (via Skype) confirmed this initial impression. She was validating and kind, but also no-nonsense, assertive, and professional. She told us that she enjoyed working weddings of all budgets, and when we threw out our crazy ideas (like having a bike race the morning of our wedding) she didn’t bat an eyelash -- though she did bust out a smile! She clearly explained her services and didn’t pressure us into choosing a particular package. But, after the call, it didn’t take long for us to sign on for her full service option. We were in touch with reality now, and we knew that planning a low-budget wedding from across the country was a huge endeavor.

As the months ticked by, Emily continued to impress us. She was super communicative, meticulously organized, and helped us anticipate countless aspects of wedding planning we would have never realized ourselves until the final hour. Though she has a list of trusted vendors, she was willing and open to working with the many friends and family who pitched in for many aspects of our wedding (a second-cousin wedding photographer, an uncle who grew our flowers, a friend who made our pre-mixed cocktails, cycling friends who were DJs and cake bakers, to name a few!) We understand now that this was no small task -- she worked very hard to communicate and coordinate with people she had never met.

Because of Stephen’s grueling work schedule, he wasn’t able to attend most of the wedding-related planning trips. Emily accompanied me on tasting appointments, venue walk-throughs, equipment rental visits, and coffee-dates. And because she was planning her own wedding at the same time, we bonded over the disorienting double-standards put upon brides by society. She calmed me down, she validated me, and she was only ever a text or email away. To this day, when I hear the word “Emily”, I feel a little rush of calm & relief. She’s the real deal, and she gets it.

As the wedding approached, knowing that Emily was taking care of so many logistical things allowed us to focus on the personal touches that were important to us. I was able to spend time doing fun crafting projects and making things like the crossword puzzles on our menus, a childhood photo wall, a DIY polaroid photo booth, gold spray-painted bicycle wheels, wooden painted signs, and (of course) our wedding day bicycle race! Our memories of wedding planning tasks are mostly ones that are enormously meaningful and personal, so much so that they still bring us to happy-tears months later. This would not have been possible without Emily.

The week of the wedding, we were thrown a few curveballs (I got food poisoning and the weather took a threatening wet and freezing turn), but Emily was focused and assured. I felt calm knowing that she was there, no matter what. And guess what?

Our wedding day was absolutely PERFECT. And as a lifelong perfectionist, I don’t use that word lightly. It was utterly and completely the best day of our lives. Every single moment was heart-expanding, life-changingly perfect. Thanks to Emily, we were fully present in every moment. We were able to talk at length with nearly every single one of our guests. We were able to eat our dinner leisurely and have an intimate conversation from our sweetheart table (Em’s idea) as we looked over a barn full of our nearest and dearest. We danced until our feet were sore.

Our day was so intensely beautiful that our emotions were even higher in the days that followed. We didn't feel a drop of relief or regret, because we were already missing each second of it. She made that possible.

Events by Emily 11
    Sent on 01/08/2019

Suzanna,

Thank you for this incredibly kind review! I'm so grateful. It was nothing but a pleasure to work with you and Stephen!!

Halerie · Married on 08/25/2018

Emily made our wedding planning and wedding day perfect! She was relaxed, professional, and fun, and if there was anything that went wrong on our wedding day, we still have no idea. She understood the vibe we were going for and did everything she could to help us execute it. I was a pretty low-key, indecisive bride who needed some direction, and Emily gave me valuable suggestions without being overbearing in the slightest. We seriously don't know how we could have planned or executed our wedding without her and I would recommend her to anyone in need of wedding planning services. She was truly spectacular.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Thank you, Halerie! This means so very much. X

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

I am so happy and thankful that I found Emily to plan and coordinate my wedding for me- I definitely would not have been able to pull it off without her! She was wonderful to work with and did a fabulous job managing all aspects of the ceremony, venue, and vendors in Richmond, Va, all while being based out of Durham, NC! Emily's attention to detail, years of professional experience, and overall love for what she does shines through in her work. She took all of the stress off of my plate and handled everything perfectly! I can't say enough good things about my experience with her and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 03/28/2015

My now husband and I were lucky enough to work with Emily while planning our wedding at City Winery. To say Emily went above the call of duty would be an understatement. She was patient, attentive, friendly, and fun to work with.

Looking back I can now say I was a pretty high maintenance bride, but Emily wasn't phased by it (or at least didn't let it show!). She always responded quickly to emails and phone calls and answered my myriad of questions. When we thought the worst had happened, losing our photographer, she was ready and able to provide us with suggestions for back up photographers.

I would be happy to hire Emily again and I whole-heatedly recommend her for any of your event planning needs.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kushya · Married on 09/07/2013

Working with Emily makes throwing an event easy. She is incredibly thoughtful, warm and professional. She helped us figure out exactly what we wanted and then took care of everything. She made what could have been an overwhelming experience manageable and really fun. I fully recommend her for any event.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Alex · Married on 09/07/2013

Emily planned and executed a wonderful events under unique circumstances. Really impressed.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Emily · Married on 05/09/2015

Emily made everything about our wedding wonderful! She was available to answer our questions and when there wasn't an easy answer she found a solution. She was great at communicating with the entire family

Sent on 07/26/2017