Events by Amanda Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Britt
    Britt M. Getting married on 07/12/2022

Book her NOW!!!

Amanda was so crucial to making our wedding possible! We came to her with nothing planned besides my dress and venue and she began making it all come together on the phone before we even had paid a deposit. In 3 months, she put together the most perfect day for us. She is incredibly knowledgeable of local vendors and really gets it all done QUICKLY. I am not a very strong planner so having her to remind me of various dates and keeping everything on track was so helpful. Amanda is not only super responsive and flexible but she is also a really fun person. I truly could not have asked for a better planner and will recommend her to all of my friends. Save yourself a whole lot of time and headache and just book Events by Amanda!!!
    Alex H. Getting married on 06/10/2022

So thankful for Amanda

I am so happy that we had Amanda with us on our wedding day! We booked her day of coordination service and I am soooo thankful that we did. We seriously did not have to worry about a thing as she had everything taken care of for us and we had the most perfect day. Our April 2020 wedding was postponed due to the pandemic. Amanda was great pre-pandemic, then when we had to change plans and shrink our wedding she was amazing. She recommended new vendors and helped us pull off the most magical backyard wedding! She had great ideas I would never have thought of. She was always prompt in answering calls and texts. I 100% recommend her services!
  • Sasha
    Sasha R. Getting married on 12/10/2021

100% recommend Events by Amanda!

Amanda helped us to plan our destination wedding in St. Augustine; even though my fiance and I lived across the country, Amanda made our wedding planning experience entirely stress-free and personal. Her amazing response time and attentiveness 24/7 made us feel as though we were her only clients! She was available any time of day or night to answer our questions, make adjustments with vendors, and set our minds at ease. Our big day was everything we'd ever imagined and every aspect went perfectly because of Events by Amanda. The only things we had to worry about on our wedding day were showing up and enjoying ourselves!
    Amber T. Married on 10/20/2021

THE lady boss of wedding planning. PERIOD.

Amanda is literally THE BEST person to have coordinate your wedding! Not only is she such a genuine, sweet, and caring human being but she is also such a professional + hardworking person! Whatever you need and or want, she’s got you! Couldn’t have imagined my wedding without all of her help! My husband and I and both of our parents didn’t have to worry about a thing day of which was such a relief! Everything was so beautiful and went so smoothly!
    It was such a perfect day thanks to Amanda!
    Erynne Married on 10/10/2021

Hands Down the BEST!!!

I cannot think Amanda enough for all of her time and effort. Her energy is absolutely contagious, and made the wedding day, and planning completely stress-free! I cannot say enough good things about her and her staff Ashley, thank you so much for making a perfect day even better!
    Erynne Married on 10/10/2021

Hands Down the BEST!!!

Janice H. Married on 09/30/2021

Jill and Cy’s wedding

As the mother of the bride, a phone call to Amanda that lasted at least 45 minutes, I knew she would do a wonderful job for us. The venue had given us a list of preferred vendors and I randomly picked Events by Amanda to call and chat. Before she had actually been hired, she gave me so much information and was so helpful answering questions. I had never used a wedding coordinator before so I didn’t know what to expect. I told her the venue and vendors we had chosen and she took over from there. She reached out to all of them via email with the timeline and everyone knew exactly when and where to be the day of the wedding. Amanda was there for the complete setup of the ceremony and reception thru out the day and sent us home at the end and made sure everything was left per the venue instructions.
    Amanda made everything come together and the event was more beautiful than I even expected.
    Her professionalism, response time when you text or call with a question and her staff are exceptional.
    I love doing business with someone as personable as Amanda!
    Janice
    Mother of the Bride
    Jill H. Married on 09/18/2021

Simply put- Amanda is pure joy!

Amanda made everything better for my wedding. Her attitude, professionalism and RESPONSIVENESS were A+. She listened and delivered which was very appreciated. I cannot say enough good things about her and her team. I would highly recommend using her and will recommend her to anyone I come in contact with. Stop looking and book Events by Amanda!
  • Katie
    Katie P. Married on 09/18/2021

Did an amazing job at my sisters wedding!

Amanda was my sister’s day of planner for her wedding celebration. She did such an incredible job - I got married a few weeks later, and I so wish that I had Amanda as my coordinator. She was so attentive to me, my family and especially my sister, the bride! Amazing job!!
  • Lizelle
    Lizelle M. Married on 08/20/2021

AHH-mazing

Where do I even begin? Amanda was by my side through it all. She’s caring, understanding, and professional! I hired her back in 2019 for our big wedding that was set for the fall of 2020. Due to Covid, we made the decision to postpone our reception to this year. During these past two years, Amanda helped me make important decisions without feeling pressured. In fact, she has a way of calming you down if you’re feeling stressed out. She was always so quick to respond to texts and phone calls. Our wedding reception ran so smoothly… we didn’t have to worry about a thing! I highly recommend her. She’s the BEST!
    Ariel Married on 07/18/2021

Book her now!!!

Wow! I really don’t even know where to start! Amanda is absolutely incredible and has an answer for anything/everything you need! She responds back SO fast and has this way of calming you down just over text. Knowing I had Amanda made the entire process effortless and seeing her the day of the wedding literally lifted all of my nerves. I absolutely love her and can not recommend her enough! ♥️
    Brittany Married on 05/16/2021

Amanda is amazing!

Amanda was absolutely amazing! I cannot express how incredible she was at navigating through the unexpected times of COVID and how understanding and sympathetic she was through everything. Amanda went above and beyond what was asked of her. I did not know the Saint Augustine/ Jacksonville area that well and she helped me partner with other vendors in this area and gave me her 100% authentic opinion. Our day went so seamlessly thanks to Amanda and her team. Please if you think you need a wedding planner you do, and it’s AMANDA!!
  • Ali
    Ali H. Married on 05/08/2021

Hire Amanda!

Amanda was a true angel in wedding planning. I booked Amanda for her Day of Management package and even in the first conversation I knew she was a true wedding professional! Having Amanda to bounce questions off of was always so helpful and she was always so responsive no matter what time I called or texted her. With all her experience she makes sure that every last detail is taken care of. Doing the month before walk thru with Amanda made me feel so much more at ease approaching the big day. On the wedding day, Amanda was a godsend. She came to the suite upon arrival and just took care of everything from there. She made sure anything that came of the day of she took care of without having to worry me or my husband or any of the family/bridal party. Book Amanda!! She will make your wedding day a dream come true!
    Brittany Married on 04/25/2021

Best Wedding Planner goes toooo....

As the maid of honor in my best friend’s wedding having Amanda along the way was so amazing. She helped with everything we needed and made it so much easier for me to focus on the bride. Amanda is so good at what she does, and we were able to trust her with anything and everything. Thank you so much Amanda! She may start out as the wedding planner but she will soon be one of your closest friends! So thankful for her ♥️
    Tracy U. Married on 04/10/2021

Events by Amanda - Amazing!

We used Amanda as a Day of…she answered so many questions ahead of time keeping me calm and on the right track. Being a rescheduled Covid wedding, she agreed with our new date and made it seamless. Day of…I worried about NOTHING…she handled it all. From the setup, to the rain and needing to bring the ceremony inside, to the coordination of the sequence of events…I worried about nothing and she made it all happen. Worth every penny. Should have used her as all round wedding planner!
    Jessica K. Married on 04/03/2021

Absolutely amazing

After attending a wedding as a guest that Amanda planned and seeing how hard she worked, it was a no brainer that we needed to choose her to help us start making our dreams a reality. She answered every question we had no matter how ridiculous, no matter what time of day. Her staff is just as amazing and is just as knowledgeable and kind as she is. They ALL did an amazing job for our wedding and everything was beautiful. We could not be happier with everything she did for us through our entire wedding planning journey and could not have pulled off the wedding of our dreams without Events By Amanda!
  • Lauren
    Lauren W. Married on 03/20/2021

Amazing amazing

I can’t rave enough about Amanda! Having her to be my day of coordinator was the best decision I made. She wasn’t just a day of planner. She was so willing to give her opinion, recommendations, and guidance the whole time. Whenever I needed someone to bounce questions/ ideas off of she was there. She was a dream to work with. Amanda is the BOSS, she takes control (in the right way), gets her business done with a smile, and becomes your friend along the way! I seriously felt so at ease knowing she was there on my wedding day. Over a year of working with Amanda, she never skipped a beat. My wedding was better than I could’ve imagined. If Amanda traveled, all my friends in my bridal party would use her! Do yourself a favor, book her!! EBA for the win!!
  • Savannah
    Savannah S. Married on 03/14/2021

Amazing planner!

Amanda was the best wedding vendor decision we made! I initially didn’t put wedding planner high on my vendor list (because I thought I could do everything myself!) but she ended up being not only my favorite vendor to work with, but our wedding’s saving grace! She’s incredibly easy to communicate with with very fast response times, she’s extremely organized and will no doubt make your wedding run as smoothly as it possibly can. Hire her!
  • Danielle
    Danielle L. Married on 03/13/2021

Look no further.. BOOK AMANDA NOW!!

No words can truly describe how amazing Amanda was throughout this entire process...but I will try!!. From the minute we talked on the phone, I knew it was a perfect match. As an out of state bride, I needed someone who knew all of the best vendors in the area and could put together the wedding of our dreams, all via Facetime calls. Amanda was by my side every step of the way. She kept me on track with timelines, budget, and also kept me sane! I trusted her judgement on how to execute certain things at our wedding and every vendor she recommended knocked it out of the park. When I wasn't able to fly in St. Augustine, she spent the day with my mom handling some of the minor details. Amanda has really become a dear friend through this entire process, and trust me when I say that she will make your day everything you can imagine and more!! We honestly can not recommend Amanda enough. Thank you Amanda!! We love you
  • Allison
    Allison S. Married on 03/06/2021

The true MVP

If you are looking for the best wedding planner in the game you have found her! When I started my wedding journey I was working two jobs and just had a baby. I knew I needed some serious HELP planning my wedding. I started searching the internet and found the angel that is Amanda. I reached out to her and she set all my fears to rest. We instantly clicked and knew she was the girl for the job. She is hardworking, funny, and incredibly kind. I honestly could not have done it without her! She coordinated every vendor meeting, attended every appointment possible, responded to every message (even the silly ones), and helped me stay sane.

She was my true ace in the whole! I was totally confident going into my wedding. I knew I could enjoy the evening with no stress because she was there and on it. Our wedding at the FOY was a dream come true thanks to her and her team! Book her NOW, you will not be disappointed!
    Katie E. Married on 03/04/2021

The Greatest!

Amanda Dougherty did an amazing job making my wedding dreams come true. I had zero stress on the day of. Thank you!!
  • Natalie
    Natalie C. Married on 02/21/2021

Amanda is the best wedding planner in the game

Amanda was such a godsend to us during our time wedding planning, and after talking to almost every planner in St. Augustine, hiring her was hands down the best wedding decision we made. We’ll never be able to thank her enough for what a rock star she’s been for almost 2 years now. Even before covid, and over a year out from our wedding, Amanda was always there to answer any of our questions. Not only is she organized and extremely knowledgeable, she is friendly, kind, and patient.
    We live on the other side of the state and she recommended an amazing, top notch vendor team, even setting up and attending our meetings with us while we were in town visiting. The result was a wedding day that ran SO smoothly. I hate to use the word perfect, because nothing is truly “perfect”, but having Amanda as our planner and day of coordinator resulted in a wedding day that can only be described as absolutely perfect!!
    If you’re looking for a wedding planner who will be honest, patient, kind, knowledgeable, clearly respected in the field, and an absolute blast to be around, stop looking and hire Events by Amanda.
    Thank you for everything, Amanda!
    Kelcy J. Married on 02/20/2021

Totally flawless!

My husband and I can’t praise Amanda enough. She was by our side from day one for each step of our two year engagement (through pandemic and all!) and brought our jewel-toned/celestial/art deco wedding dreams to life! She introduced us to each of our amazing vendors and kept us on track and on schedule with appointments, decisions, and payments. She made sure our wedding day ran smoothly and that every detail, no matter how small, was perfectly in place. She’s an absolute doll and a joy to work with, she will easily become a friend and confidante. No question is silly and she always answers, even when your girlfriends are sick of talking/hearing about “the wedding” Amanda is there with a smile and an open ear (and a glass of wine when necessary!) Our day was absolutely perfect, even with so many moving parts (a tented lighting installation, a party bus to and from the ceremony/reception space, an outdoor room flip, a classic getaway car) and we have Amanda to thank for it. We love her to pieces and would recommend her to anyone, and definitely already have!
  • Catie
    Catie G. Married on 01/10/2021

It’s not even a question BOOK HER

Let me tell you about this gem that is Amanda. Our original wedding date was May 17th, 2020. Amanda did everything for us and even did a meeting via Skype while my (now) husband was deployed just so he could be apart of the planning ! Then as our original day was getting closer, COVID-19 caused us to postpone. I remember her calling me telling me she was already working with my vendors and told me everything would be ok. And because of her we were able to secure a new date without losing ANY of our vendors. Our new date January 10th 2021 was the best day of our lives all because of Amanda’s hard work and dedication. You can tell from the moment you meet her that this is her passion and what she was born to do! We are so thankful for Amanda as she went above and beyond to make our day magical !
    Catherine W. Married on 12/26/2020

The best wedding coordinator in North Florida

We originally hired Amanda for our wedding in April 2020. Due to the covid-19 health crisis, our wedding plans had to be rescheduled. My (now) husband and I still wanted to get married in April and reschedule our reception until December, and Amanda helped us do that every step of the way. She reached out to all of our vendors and explained the situation. She helped us find a new photographer for our small intimate wedding ceremony that took place on the beach in April. When it came time for additional planning for our reception party in December, Amanda again handled everything. Our reception party took place the day after Christmas but Amanda was still working so hard for us even through the Holidays. Our party was amazing! I can’t say enough about Amanda (Events by Amanda). Highly recommend!