Events at Refinery Reviews

Events at Refinery 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Klein · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding 5/25/2019

We were recently married and celebrated with a reception at the Refinery. We were so happy to work with Chris in planning the perfect day! He was very organized and offered great suggestions for making the details just right for a gorgeous set up. He took the decorations I gave him and created a beautiful entryway table for our guests to sign the guest book with no direction from me, and I couldn't have been more pleased! Chris offered his expertise in every fine detail down to helping me choose a napkin color that would look best with the centerpieces. My husband and I felt reassured that he was managing our event and knew that he along with his event staff would make it as beautiful as he would want his own to be, with our vision in mind. He set up a couple of meetings with us prior to the wedding date to go over details and talk with us about our options for upgrades etc, keeping in mind our budget. He was never pushy or made us feel like he was trying to take us for our money. In fact, we initially chose the Refinery because it seemed like the most organized and best deal of all the other venues in the area we had looked into. I really didn't want to be stressed about all the little details and set up/tear down on my wedding day, so having that all taken care of within their packages was wonderful. Chris also coordinated independently with our vendors to make sure that was a smooth process. The bartenders were friendly and worked their butts off making drinks and taking care of our guests. We even won two Yeti drink holders from the Refinery, which were perfect for our beverages at the wedding and on our honeymoon. Overall we had a great experience with Events at Refinery and would highly recommend this venue for a beautiful and stress free event.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn Jordan · Married on 03/16/2019

The Refinary is a great place to hold your events.

very nice nice to do everything in one place. They have people on site to help you decorate and get the look your looking for.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Jen Fisher · Married on 11/10/2018

Top-Notch Service- Highly Recommend!

I recently held a 350 person event at the Refinery and I can not say enough good things about the staff and venue. Chris is incredibly accommodating. The room looked exactly the way I envisioned it being. We used one of their preferred caterers and received tons of compliments on how great the food tasted. We made a few last minute changes and the staff never skipped a beat! I would recommend the Refinery to anyone that asked. Truly top-notch service and can't wait to host my next event there!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Brittany · Married on 07/20/2018

Coordinators were personal and very professional while attending to every one of my requests. The space was beyond beautiful and the atmosphere was so elegant! The staff took care of all the details to help make my ceremony and reception was a best experience of my life!!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Events at Refinery 12
    Events at Refinery 13
    Events at Refinery 14

Anna · Married on 04/18/2015

I am so excited to work woth the staff at refinery! They have already been so friendly and help. Our reception is going blow people away!

Sent on 01/16/2015

My Husband & I used Events at Refinery to host our Rehearsal Dinner & it was absolutely fantastic! We had originally planned to have the dinner at another location & when plans unexpectedly fell through Michelle & her team were there to help me all the way! Working with her was so easy & we received so many compliments on the evening! I couldn't have imagined a better place to host our family friends and to kick off our wedding weekend! The staff was kind & professional and I didn't have to worry about a thing! I would recommend this venue to any and all Brides-to-be! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2012

The refinery was amazing!! They set everything up for you. All you have to do is bring in the decorations and tell them what you want, and they do it. So stress-free. We also had the ceremony there, and they were very helpful with planning that.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Lisa · Married on 12/31/2015

Amazing Reception Space!

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at Events at Refinery and it couldn't have been more perfect! When we walked into the ballroom I was taken aback at how my vision had come to life. The decorations were beautiful from the drapery and chandeliers all the way down to the little details like the table numbers and charger plates. The room came together flawlessly!

I started working with Chris part way through my planning process and couldn't be happier that he was the coordinator for our big day. His demeanor, friendliness and personality are exactly what you'd want in a coordinator for your wedding (or any event!). I was always greeted with a genuine smile and throughout the planning process he was knowledgeable in giving me just the right suggestions in order to make sure I achieved the goal I had in mind. He is very easy to communicate with, organized and didn't let any detail slip through the cracks. Working with him made the process very fun. He even accommodated us with a last minute request to play a video during a speech! :)

The entire Events at Refinery staff did a great job in making sure that everything went off without a hitch during our reception. Because they take care of the setup and tear down, our day was much less stressful. They did an amazing job ensuring that our reception had the look/feel that we dreamed of - and we received MANY compliments too!

I would recommend Events at Refinery to anyone planning any type of event. They make sure the focus is on you and your needs and wants. Chris and the crew did everything in their power to make sure our wedding day was perfect! Thank you!

Sent on 05/22/2019

3.5

Overall a little pricey but they offered a tons of services making it worth it and the event planner was amazing to work with.

Sent on 11/05/2012
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 06/15/2019

3.8
      3.0

Nice venue space

Super nice space for our wedding. Everything looked beautiful! Was a little surprised at the last minute drink package charge. But everything else was great!

Sent on 06/23/2019

0.2
      0.0
      0.0
      0.5

I booked this location for my wedding reception 18 months before the date of the event. I checked many times to make sure the date was free, and was informed each time it was. When I went in saw the place, it was okay. It was really the package that made it seem like a good deal. I put my deposit down the day I saw the place to save the date (the date was very important to me and my fiancée). My check was cashed and I thought I could relax for a bit.

However, I was informed a month later that the date “accidently” got double booked and when I was told the situation would be resolved by Friday. I did not hear back that Friday and was not informed until I contacted them, that I was just out of luck for that date. Trying to get my deposit back was another hassle.

All in all, this was an extremely frustrating and disappointing experience, and I would never recommended this place to anyone.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Events at Refinery's reply:

We understand the frustration of this user as I would be very upset as a bride. We take every client and review to heart and it was very difficult to find out that this unfortunate mistake did happen. It was very difficult and heartbreaking to even have to inform the bride of this incident. Events at Refinery has switched to a new booking system and sometimes as amazing as technology can be, it can also work against us. I would like everyone to rest assured that all the of the kinks are worked out and all current and future bookings are secure as we have taken a triple check of all of our clients and their secured dates. Once we found this mistake, we contacted the bride immediately as we know every day that goes by is critical when planning a wedding. Once she had decided that she could not have her wedding with us, we refunded her deposit within 45 minutes of her phone call that she would like her money refunded. No hesitation, no questions asked. We take extreme pride in the excellent products and services that we provide to our clients. Every couple is special to us and we love being a part of their special day. Again, our sincerest apologies go out to this couple and we wish them all the happiness starting their lives together!