Event Design Reviews

81 | Tampa, FL

81 Reviews for Event Design

Kristen · event on: 06/08/2012

If you think you can't afford a wedding planner, think again! I had a tighter budget than most people. I knew I could not handle an event without a professional, detailed and qualified planner. I initially hired Amber to help with design and decor. I wanted someone to come alongside of me, see my vision and execute it. We did a lot of the design ourselves but needed guidance and someone to be in charge of set up and tear down. I priced out other designers because we wanted personal items (vintage doors, furniture peices etc.) who also rent items and their minimums were too pricy. Amber was patient and responsive to all of my needs throughout the planning process. I think I sent her like 200 pictures of ideas I had. To my amazement she had every one and a detailed itinerary of every design printed out and ready to go over at our final meeting. We rented chivari chairs, tables, drink dispensers, mason jars, misc candle holders, cake plates just to name a few. She also designed my welcome table, cake table, favor table, main dining table, drink stations, guest tables, ceremony table, ceremony aisle and program
    table as well as brought all the flowers and arranged them as well. I was able to save so much on the florals this way because I just wanted hydrangeas and roses in vases, simple and beautiful. We had come up with specific designs for each table as we did a vintage theme. Initially I booked her for the
    design and decor and then ended up also adding her on as coordinator once I realized that she was the girl for the job. I am so glad I did!!! It ended up raining that day and she was in contact with me the whole time regarding the back up plans. She was in the background with 2 of her staff members making sure everything ran smoothly. She even walked my hubby and I in with an umbrella from the limo to the reception site. I can't imagine what I would have done without her!!! She was the best and most affordable coordinator and designer out there and you will get the best bang for your buck for sure!!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Brandy · Married on 12/18/2011

Amber and Tiffany did an excellent job with my ceremony and reception decorations. It was like a dream. I had meetings with them to discuss my ideas and was a little scared because i did not see anything before the wedding, but they took my ideas and made my vision come to life and better than i could of ever imagined!

Sent on 02/02/2012

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2011

My husband and I knew that we needed to rent some kind of chairs to spruce up our reception room. When I found out that Chiavari chairs come in silver, I knew that was the type of chair we wanted. After speaking with several vendors in the area, we found Amber Patricio of Event Design. Her husband/business partner, DJ, met with us one evening so we could see what their Chiavari chairs look like. Their chairs even have a better/nice cushion than some of the other Chiavari chairs we looked at. After meeting with DJ, we could tell they take pride in their work and their prices were reasonable compared to others. The chairs were delivered and setup without any problems and really transformed the reception room! Event Design is a great vendor and we’d definitely recommend them to anyone looking to rent Chiavari chairs.

Sent on 08/09/2011

Cathy · Married on 06/04/2011

I would (and have) recommend this vendor to anyone planning a wedding! It was a great experience and I can't imagine having done it without Amber!

Sent on 08/06/2011

Versan · Married on 05/28/2011

Tiffany and the Event Design staff made all my wedding day dreams come to life. She went above and beyond my expectations. She was always available when need and responded to emails/phone calls promptly. She was very organized, and so was the wedding. My guests were very delighted and impressed with the organization of both the ceremony and reception. Her recommendations for vendors were splendid, and they all exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend Event Design to anyone. My sister even plans on using them for her wedding.

Versan Johnson, M.D.

Sent on 06/07/2011

Courtney · Married on 04/30/2011

Amber and her team at Event Design far exceeded our expectations. I was fortunate enough to attend a wedding that Amber oversaw and the wedding was wonderful! So it was a pretty easy choice on who our planner would be. From day one she made me feel "special", she sat and listened to my vision, she made you feel like a bride should be! She was readily available to meet and/or have a phone conversation with and was quick with e-mails (which is huge for me:) I chose most of my vendors which she handled effortlessly closer to the wedding. Any mishaps, she was on it! The venue we held our wedding was a blank slate- she transformed it into a true beauty! The day of the wedding went flawless, I just sat back and enjoyed the fun. I miss her....she will quickly make you feel like you've known each other for ages. Several of our guests have said it's the best wedding they've ever been to- Thank you Amber and Tiffany! You all rocked it!

Sent on 06/13/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/09/2011

I worked directly with Tiffany and I don't think I have enough words to express how amazing I think she is. She did everything and anything in her power to help me create the wedding beyond my dreams. She dealt with my panic attacks and at the last minute did what she could to help us decorate our backup space (thankfully we did not need to use it because the weather was PERFECT). I would recommend Event Design to EVERYONE. They are just FABULOUS!!!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Sarah · Married on 03/12/2011

I would recommend Event Design to all brides. They made our ceremony beautiful and even more memorable. Event Design was a pure joy to work with! Thanks again!

Sent on 03/24/2011
  • Derren

Derren · Married on 03/06/2011

Event Design did a WONDERFUL job at our March 6, 2011 wedding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company. They are an absolute pleasure to work with! Amber has an ability to see a vision and execute it perfectly. I was truly AMAZED at how beautiful my wedding ceremony and reception decor looked. People came up to us all night long raving about our beautiful centerpieces and the ambiance of our ceremony and reception. Out of everyone I worked with on my wedding, this company truly stood out. I wish I could get married again just to work with them!! They really are absolutely wonderful!!!!

Sent on 03/12/2011

Selen · Married on 02/26/2011

We could not be happier to have chosen Amber and the Event Design Team for our Wedding in February. Amber is an absolutely amazing and wonderful individual who totally exceeded our expectations as a wedding planner. She spent so much time with us, was helpful, creative, and patient which helped us have the wedding we always wanted. :) Thanks to her hard work, I was able to spend most of my wedding day relaxing and enjoying my time with my bridesmaids. I totally miss talking to her and felt absolutely confident that she had everything handled, which she did. Everyone in our wedding party commented how well planned everything was. Thanks so much Amber in making our wedding a perfect day for us!!

Sent on 04/12/2011
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 02/26/2011

Amber at Event design is absolutely amazing. She gave me exactly what I wanted and what I envisioned for my wedding and did it all within my budget. The guest tables, head table, cake table, sign-in table, center pieces, flowers, chairs and place settings. Everything was set to perfection. It was so beautiful and glamorous, I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful wedding. We received so many compliments for the work that Event Design did. “It looks like something from TV”! Our wedding will be a day we will remember forever. Thank you Amber & Event Design for everything you make wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 04/13/2011
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 02/20/2011

Tiffany with Event Design did a fantastic job for my wedding! I shopped around quite a bit for a one-stop design shop for flowers, centerpieces, and lighting and was so happy to find Event Design. I was having a hard time finding someone to put together my very particular centerpieces which included specialty potted plants and candles. I talked to Tiffany who was totally flexible and willing to take on the project, and was excited about it too. She had a wholesaler grow my plants in a healthy greenhouse environment then she transferred them to decorative pots and set everything up at the wedding. I didn’t have to worry about a thing. And the centerpieces were PERFECT! Beautiful greenery with adorable little accents. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. I also arranged for Tiffany and Event Design to provide my bridal and bridal party flowers. I started out with a very low budget for flowers which Tiffany happily worked with to give me good options. She never got flustered when I changed my mind on the flowers a million times. The final result on the flowers was breathtaking. Exactly what I had in mind and beautifully done. The lighting done by DJ at Event Design was pricey but less expensive than anywhere else I looked for lighting. They put up beautiful blue LED lighting which gave the entire event a magical feel. They even decorated with lanterns over the dance floor which was a wonderful touch. When I hired Tiffany I had already booked a wedding planner, but if I had the chance to do it again, I would have probably hired Event Design to take care of everything. Thanks so much Event Design for all your hard work!!

Sent on 03/24/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 02/12/2011

I thought both Tiffany and Amber were awesome. I could not have pulled the Wedding off without them. They even found a garter for me on the day of the wedding when I found I had left mine at home.

Sent on 03/12/2011

Kathleen · Married on 11/13/2010

Both Amber and her staff were very attentive prior to my wedding. They were very detailed and really took all the worry out of planning. I was able to rent all the necessary things at great prices, again decreasing stress and keeping the event simple from multiple vendors. Even the evening prior to my wedding they were accommodating to my last minute requests! The day of the wedding was smooth and calm and I owe all that to them! They are wonder people and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Sinoeun · Married on 10/17/2010

Amber with Event Design was amazing in helping us come up with a floral and linen plan for our wedding and a fantastic look for our ceremony. She worked within our budget to make the best choices for our day and had a lot of great ideas. Everything looked beautiful and our day went off without a hitch. They even went above and beyond finding us strings of butterflies we used as part of the backdrop on the trellis we were married under. They did such an amazing job with the small budge we had, we could only imagine what they could do with more. We can't thank Amber and her team enough for making our day so amazing and we'd strongly recommend them.

Sent on 12/08/2010

Caitlyn · Married on 10/02/2010

Amber and Tiffany are wonderful! They go above and beyond their service, working behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoothly. We interviewed several coordinators, and even though Amber was the furthest from us geographically, we instantly felt a connection to her. She was always flexible and willing to meet around our schedule and work within our budget.

Sent on 10/24/2010

Tiffany · Married on 02/27/2010

The Event Design team did an awesome job at setting up and decorating both our ceremony and reception. Everything that we rented from them was perfect and exactly what we wanted. Because of rain, we had to move both the ceremony and reception inside. But it made no impact on our day. With all the tricks Event Design had up their sleeves, they really put together a beautiful wedding. Their preparation for anything was truly astounding and appreciated! One thing that we really loved was the hand made bamboo canopy we used during our ceremony. It was perfect for our wedding and helped make it absolutely beautiful! We were so impressed with the great quality of all their products (chairs, canopy, centerpieces, chargers, uplighting, to name a few). We can't thank Event Design enough for their amazing work!!

Sent on 09/17/2010

megan · Married on 01/30/2010

This was the best decision I made as a bride - no worries on my wedding day even with a huge storm. Everything was perfect and gorgeous. She and her staff made my day stress free and the flowers, linen, uplighting, and centerpieces were just as I imagined and more.

Sent on 07/30/2010

Rebecca · Married on 11/28/2009

Amber was fantastic to work with! She put all worries at ease and I knew that no matter what, our wedding would be beautiful. Towards the end, I don't think my mom and I would've made it out sane without her. The whole wedding looked very professional and we still did it without an extravagant budget. I was never a fanatic bridezilla so I loved my simple emails with 3 options to choose from. With so much out there, her expertise really narrowed the field down to make a decision manageable. All in all, I would highly recommend My Event Design to anyone.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Dolores · Married on 11/28/2009

Amber was awesome! She helped make our wedding wonderful. Amber kept us on track as we prepared. She did a wonderful job listening to what we wanted and asking us questions. During the wedding she ran around taking care of everything so I could enjoy!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 11/09/2013

One of the key areas I looked for Event Design was helping taking my hodge podge of a vision - from Pinterest to photos and abstract conversations - and bringing it to life in a very cost effective manner. Jenn Gumpert took the time to get to know me and my fiance, listen to our story, understand our vision and did an exceptional job of bringing it to life.

As a former event planner myself, rarely have I 'handed over the reigns' for one of my events (big or small) and never did I think I would do it for my own special day. But at the asking of my parents and fiance, I did it and was able to enjoy every minute of my wedding thanks to Jenn and her team.

I would recommend Jenn and Amber at Event Design for any occasion. Their personal approach and attention to detail is exactly what a bride needs on her most important day.

Sent on 12/10/2013

Stacy · Married on 03/02/2013

We initially chose our venue because they gave us flexibility in bringing in all of our own outside vendors and decorating however we wanted. A few months before the wedding I realized there were just too many options out there and it became very overwhelming! I found Event Design and got a response right away from Jenn. After I hung up the phone with her that first time, I no longer felt any stress! She was very professional, easy to talk to, understanding of my vision, and most importantly, she didn't try to upsell me on things out of my budget! They made the planning process very easy for me and everything turned out exactly how I imagined! We had a beautiful day and everyone was raving about how amazing the wedding looked and felt. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone getting married! Jenn is awesome :)

Sent on 12/10/2013

Sarah · Married on 02/18/2012

We rented our indoor and outdoor chairs from Event Design as well as our chuppah. The chuppah was beautiful, with drapes perfectly placed on it. The chairs looked pristine. Service was excellent and they were friendly and perfessional.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Rob · Married on 11/20/2010

Great experience working with Event Design. I would definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 12/08/2010

Victoria · Married on 09/05/2010

Our wedding was beautiful and went exactly to plan. Every detail was followed and allowed me to have such a stress free day. The amount of professionalism exceeded my expectations and all of my guests even commented how nice the ladies were from Event Design. I highly recommend Event Design if not for wedding planning services at least for day of coordination. They have the Experience necessary to pull such a flawless day. They knew the exact questions to ask even when I thought I had everything figured out already. Even though wedding planning wasn't part of my package I still managed to get plenty of great ideas from Event Design.

Sent on 09/23/2010