ERNST JACOBSEN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY Reviews

59 | Normal, IL

59 Reviews for ERNST JACOBSEN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

• Kaitlin

Kaitlin J · Married on 07/27/2019

AMAZING Job! We couldn't be more pleased.

Ernst photographed both our engagement session and our wedding, and my husband I couldn't have been more pleased with how our photos turned out. Firstly, Ernst is so easy to work with - he has both a fun and professional personality that puts you at ease, and helps you feel comfortable with getting your photos taken for an extended duration (which I think most people aren't used to, so that's quite a feat! Ha.) He is easy to reach by phone or email, and we enjoyed him simply as both a person and a photographer.
    Not only is Ernst just a great person to work with, he takes AMAZING photos! He truly captured the essence of our wedding day, and took the time to make sure that we got the photos that we wanted (our engagement photos were gorgeous too!!) Our wedding gallery is a dream come true! His attention to detail and ability to edit photos to enhance, brighten, color correct, etc. are absolutely wonderful too - our photos turned out great thanks to Ernst! We are SO thankful that we went with him as our photographer, and we can't wait to print our photos and share them with our loved ones.
    Thank you SO much Ernst, for everything! :-)
    ~ Kaitlin & Max

Sent on 09/02/2019

Jacalynquiram · Married on 10/13/2018

A Wonderful Photographer!

Ernst,

Thank you again for everything! The pictures are absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for everything that you have done for us. You really did a spectacular job! We are forever grateful for these precious memories that you have provided for us! The presentation of our portraits and USB drive was beyond beautiful! You have really outdone yourself! We are so glad that we chose you as our photographer! Thank you again for absolutely everything that you have done for us, you are truly amazing and one of a kind.

Everyone loves the amazing work you have done and said that these are very beautiful.

Thank you again!
    Sincerely,

The Quirams

Sent on 12/17/2018

Mary · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful, Professional Photographer

Our friends and family have been absolutely blown away by the quality of our wedding photos. Our wedding ceremony and reception were captured perfectly by Ernst. Looking through all of them, he did a tremendous job capturing everything, including countless candid photos and moments. We were also highly impressed with his communication throughout the process, which made everything simple for us. We could not recommend him more!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Anna · Married on 06/30/2018

Can't recommend highly enough!

I cannot recommend Ernst enough! He did an amazing job telling the story of our wedding - he reflected the joy and funny moments that come with every wedding day.

Ernst went above and beyond every step of the way. I asked to take photos at a specific location on the Constitution Trail in Normal for sentimental reasons, but it wasn't close to a parking spot - so Ernst went ahead of time to check it out and found the best place to park, without me even asking! He even directed the bus driver so we could just sit back and relax. He arrived early, stopped by the rehearsal to check in, and stayed late. Ersnt even sent us a small package with some personalized gifts after our wedding!

During our wedding day, Ernst made us feel so comfortable and at ease. He directed our family for the group photos, went along with our silly wedding party photos, captured the party on the dance floor (which was VERY important to us!) and made us feel so relaxed in the middle of a crazy day.

If you want beautiful photos that tell your story, and a professional photographer who will take pictures you will treasure forever, hire Ernst.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2018

Talented photographer, great to work with, really nice person

Ernst was absolutely amazing! An immensely talented photographer, but most of all a very kind and considerate person and wonderful to work with. He even came to town ahead of time to scout locations, attended the rehearsal to plan shots, met with us to discuss the plan and timeline for the day, went above and beyond to help us. On our wedding day he was just like a ninja, very subtle, respectful and considerate. The photos were absolutely beautiful and we are very thankful to have met Ernst! 5-stars across the board!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Melissa Campbell · Married on 11/18/2017

Amazing! Highly recommend

Amazing! My husband & I are beyond thankful that Ernst captured our big day! Our guests raved at how great he was and were thoroughly impressed by his professionalism. The pictures are truly breathtaking! He did a wonderful job capturing our night!
    -Melissa and Dylan

Sent on 01/03/2019

Danielle · Married on 10/14/2017

Absolutely fantastic! Ernst went above and beyond what we ever expected. We had no idea what we were doing and he guided us every step up the way! He even took time out to check out our venue to get ideas AND came to the rehearsal to touch base, give suggestions, and get to know us. He even helped guide our rehearsal since we didn't have a wedding coordinate that night! The pictures turned out amazing, and we will cherish them FOREVER! He didn't miss a thing! If you are looking for an incredible, dedicated and talented photographer, you found him!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Morgan · Married on 06/17/2017

Wow wow WOW! Our wedding photos are fantastic!!! We absolutely love them...thank you so much! Our favorites are the ones we didn't even specifically ask for! The candids and individual couple/family shots at the reception are so incredible!! Thank you, Ernst, for your attention to detail and above and beyond service - we couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!
    - Morgan & Ryan

Sent on 07/26/2017

Amy · Married on 06/10/2017

Ernst went above and beyond to make our day memorable. He drove out of his way to attend the rehearsal so he could meet everyone and get some ideas for the ceremony.

The day of, he was calm and flexible. Using the photography schedule that he helped me create, he made sure to get all the important shots.

Upon completion of the photo gallery, he was quick to make any editing changes I requested. After that, he shipped us our custom USB drive. The attention to detail was astounding. We received a custom box with our photo on the lid, several 8X10 prints, and a custom wooden USB drive with our photo on the front.

I would recommend Ernst to anyone who wants memorable photos and a relaxed but professional photographer. We are so glad we hired him!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Katrina · Married on 04/29/2017

Choosing Ernst as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made! He’s not only incredibly talented and professional, but also warm and genuine. He took time to listen to our story and understand what we were looking for with our photographs. We were incredibly impressed that he took the time to attend our rehearsal in order to meet our parents, family and bridal party. And the resulting photos – WOW. We were amazed at how quickly he returned our photos to us, and absolutely thrilled at how they turned out. All the little special candid moments were captured brilliantly; each time we look through our photos it’s like re-living the best day of our lives. We simply cannot say thank you enough!!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Kristin · Married on 04/01/2017

Ernst was everything I was looking for in a wedding photographer! He was so professional, helpful, and sweet! Everyone mentioned how great he was, and the photos turned out beautiful. I really wanted not only great pictures of my husband and me, but also candids of the day and our loved ones there. As promised, his photographs tell a beautiful story of the day. I highly recommend Ernst Jacobsen Photography!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Algirdas · Married on 01/28/2017

I can't say enough about Ernst Jacobsen. I could not be happier with the whole process and with our final pictures. I was repeatedly surprised by how Ernst went above and beyond, and I would absolutely recommend him. Ernst assisted us since day one by sending 'worksheets' to help us in determining our timeline, establishing our picture priorities, determining how much time to spend at each photo location, and the sequence of the wedding reception. Ernst also scoped out our reception venue prior to the wedding, came to our ceremony rehearsal, and made sure to meet the close family members before the actual day. Ernst was in frequent contact with us prior to the day to ensure we were on the same page. On the day of, he arrived early, and was the utmost professional. He took all of the 'staged' pictures we had planned on, but also plenty of candid shots capturing perfect moments, that actually wound up being my favorites. He has a great eye. He surprised us further by using the assistance of his wife as a second photographer, to take shots from the balcony during church, and other angles during the reception. He stayed beyond his scheduled time and captured literally every moment from the start of the day to the end. I feel like I'm watching a play by play when looking at our pictures, not a moment was skipped nor someone not photographed.

Ernst is dedicated, reliable, and very hard working. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Bevin · Married on 10/15/2016

We discovered Ernst when we attended our friends' wedding a whole year before we even got engaged. He took such lovely photos of the whole event, including several posed and candid photos of us enjoying the festivities. We had Ernst's photos on our fridge before we'd even started talking about getting married!

He was professional, kind, and extremely organized. In preparation for the big day, he provided sample timelines and had us complete a questionnaire about what we did and did not want, which we really appreciated. The big day is always chaotic, but Ernst and his assistant were cool and collected and did a great job of getting beautiful photos while also keeping us on schedule.

Photography was probably the category we experienced the most sticker shock in while planning our wedding, but I cannot express how thrilled we have been with our investment in Ernst. Our photos turned out just beautiful, and we were so excited to see the intimate, funny, and touching moments he captured (somehow without us even noticing him!). He had our 1,000+ photos edited and to us within 4 weeks of our big day.

We sprung for a hard bound, color album as part of our package as well. Ernst chooses his favorite photos to tell the story of the day (and you get a chance to add or change things). Our friends have one, and it is gorgeous. Excited to see ours. Go check out his online galleries!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Amy · Married on 09/24/2016

Pictures were my big thing. I really wanted amazing pictures of our wedding day. Ernst out did himself - unbelievable. You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend Ernst. He did our engagement pictures and our wedding and we could not be happier.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

Ernst was absolutely wonderful to work with! Leading up to the wedding, he communicated regularly with us to make sure we were all on the same page in terms of what we wanted. He made suggestions in places that seemed complicated for us and provided great feedback and guidance to create the best timeline possible. The day of the wedding, he was incredibly easy going and kindly helped to guide us when we seemed off track. Ernst was friendly and warm to everyone involved and welcoming input from others on what pictures to take. He arrived earlier than we had asked and left later than we expected. He captured such beautiful moments throughout the entire day and checked in to make sure he was getting all of the shots we wanted. Upon getting our pictures, he was extremely generous in providing us with a USB and prints; packaged in a very unique photo box! All of the pictures turned out great and we were so happy to have him as a part of our big day! We definitely recommend Ernst!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Brittany · Married on 06/11/2016

Above and beyond. Those are the words that best describe Ernst. The small details and extra effort he puts into his work shows from start to finish. He sent me an email last week, months after our wedding, because he was trying out a new service. Not only that, but personalized USB, the multiple slideshows, family friendly gallery links, and even making us the cover photo for his website are all extra things Ernst did to make us feel special, not because he had to. Ernst has such an amazing talent for capturing ‘moments’ which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. It’s not the formal photos that remind you how great your day was – it’s the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Ernst’s ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and his energy and true passion comes across in the photos. He is able to blend in so well that your guests literally will not realize they’re being photographed. He also captures nature in such as amazing way in the photos. I have beautiful angles that I never dreamed possible. He was always willing to give as much advice as we needed, but was never pushy. I have already recommended my fiancé friends to look into hiring Ernst because of the over the top work he did for us. We hope we have the opportunity to work with him again in the future. We HIGHLY recommend Ernst.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2015

Words cannot begin to express how pleased we were with choosing Ernst as our photographer. His style was a perfect fit for what we were looking for - a focus on capturing the candid moments and real emotions and doing so in a beautiful manner. We were blown away with how wonderful our photos looked and how many little moments he captured. He met up with my bridesmaids and me at the hair salon at noon and stayed up until the end of our reception at 10 pm and worked like crazy the entire time. We were a very energetic bunch on the dance floor and he didn't miss a beat. We were pleased to see a nice mix of pictures of all of our wedding guests enjoying themselves - we are very excited to share the wonderful couples and group photos he took of everyone! You know you had a phenomenal photographer when the details of your wedding dress look better in the pictures than you remember them being in person! I would highly recommend Ernst to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Kara · Married on 09/12/2015

Looking back, I cannot imagine our wedding day without Ernst being a part of it. He's so incredibly professional, all the while having a comforting calm about him. He's the type of person you'd want to have a cup of coffee with on a rainy Sunday morning to talk about life and photography.

Ernst came to the club before our rehearsal to scope out the grounds, venue, and meet everyone (within 24 hours he knew all by their first name). He's a very quiet force, always hiding in nooks, bushes, trees, hallways, and corners... capturing the moments you didn't even know happened until you see them on film. He also has a really hearty laugh if you get him going on a good joke, which I loved.

Words cannot describe all emotions felt when looking at the sneak peek blog post, the full gallery, and now receiving the USB drive - which, I may add, came in its own custom photo box keepsake. We laughed hysterically, cried, smiled, and reminisced from start to finish, thoroughly absorbing they day for what it was through his eyes and everyone around us.

Every bride is different in what they chose to invest in on their wedding day. I am unbelievably grateful that we chose Ernst to tell our story. The man with the camera is pure magic.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Shannon · Married on 08/01/2015

For those engaged couples looking for a photographer for the big day, look no further than Ernst Jacobson. Through the entire wedding experience, Ernst was timely, organized and professional. It may seem simple, but something I noticed about Ernst from the start is he remembered everyone’s name the first time from parents and grandparents to the entire wedding party. It really made the group photos a seamless process. Some of our favorite photos were the action ones that really bring us back to the fun we had in the moment during our bar crawl and reception. Additionally, Ernst does a great job getting photos of all of the guests at the wedding. Even after the wedding, the exceptional service doesn’t stop. Within a month the photos were ready digitally and soon after that we received a personalized USB giving us the rights to all of the photographs. Speaking for our families, we could not recommend Ernst more!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Having Ernst as my wedding photographer was a blessing. Ernst kept the entire day running smoothly, and was excellent in time management and scheduling even before the big day. It definitely helped keep the day going along smoothly, I didn't have to worry about anything as Ernst was prompt and efficient with organized photographs and timing of events. He was extremely prompt on editing and returning photos following my wedding. The best of all is he was wonderful to work with, easy to contact and very thorough in capturing the moment during my wedding! The photos were beautiful and many memorable moments were captured, looking through the photos brings back vivid memories of the celebration with friends and family. :) Ernst was very tactful to catch all the moments and keep everyone organized while not feeling as though the photography was intruding at all with the events. I would highly recommend Ernst as a photographer for any occasion; his work is beautiful and he is very professional, a true blessing during my wedding to work with!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Kannika · Married on 03/28/2015

My wedding photos turned out so beautiful and professional, Ernst will make sure all your memories are capured beautifully! He provided us with many options in the creation of our wedding album, and worked very hard to meet our every request. We made a great decision in chosing Ernst, he is easy to work with, flexible and produced photos with a magical quality to them I can't really describe.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Patricia · Married on 12/28/2014

We highly recommend Ernst Jacobsen's services. We were extremely impressed with his skills and professionalism. The images he and Barbara captured were outstanding! Not a moment was missed and each image can stand alone as a work of art. Since our wedding was in the winter, having a photographer who could manage location lighting and was a priority. We were very impressed with his vision and technical skills for scenarios with difficult lighting. Ernst had scouted out our locations for post-ceremony pictures prior to the event, so he was well prepared and had a good feel for the lighting. The resulting images we will cherish for a lifetime, they are just stunning. Ernst and Barbara captured our wedding day with a unique visual storytelling style combined with beautifully composed posed images. Many of our family members, friends and colleagues were very impressed with their work. Ernst and Barbara helped our wedding run very smoothly from start to finish. We are very grateful they were able to capture our special day and we highly recommend them! Patricia & Luis

Sent on 03/01/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/01/2014

I don't think there are enough words to say how amazing of a photographer Ernst is. We reached out to him in an emergency situation- we were one month away from our big day and had to find a new photographer. Ernst had recently captured a wedding I was at, and the bride had nothing but rave reviews about him. His response time was amazing- he ALWAYS responded promptly, professionally, and politely. He met with my husband and I that same week and went over everything with us, signed a contract and we started counting down the days.

He asked if he could attend our rehearsal, he wanted to scope out the venue and get to know our wedding party. Our rehearsal was on Halloween, he was so dedicated that he took a few hours away from his kids on a fun holiday to come make sure he was prepared for our wedding.

Ernst quickly realized how loud, silly, and obnoxious we all were- and he couldn't have captured that any better. He came to the hotel room around 9:30am and stayed at the reception until 10:30pm. During those 13 hours he captured every moment I could have ever asked for. He captured the raw emotion of our guests, from laughing to crying to everything in between. We wanted our photographs to remind us of the events, the people, the feelings of that day- and that's EXACTLY what Ernst's talent delivered.

Not to mention he turned the photographs around in two weeks....865 or so photos all edited and gorgeous, in two weeks. Amazing! I even had a little wardrobe malfunction and Ernst gladly went back and touched up the photos for me. Plus he sent us a customized USB drive in a cute little box, both of which had a photo from our wedding on them.

Please, if you are considering Ernst as a photographer- DO IT! He was so fun and easy to work with! Thank you Ernst!!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Abby · Married on 10/11/2014

Ernst photographed our wedding in October and I must say, my husband and I are more than thrilled with his work! We were in awe when we got the photos back. We received many compliments about him at our wedding and after about the photos. The pricing is perfect, the pictures are perfect and he is an extremely nice man! My husband and I highly recommend Ernst for any occasion you are wanting photographed. He does excellent work.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Anne · Married on 09/27/2014

Ernst photographed my wedding in 2014 and he did a fantastic job. He made my guests feel comfortable and was able to capture some really fantastic shots of them. I am self-conscious about my appearance in photos but he managed to get shot after shot that I love. Great work, great price. Do yourself a favor and see if he's free for your event.

Sent on 06/15/2016