Epik Weddings and Events Reviews

Epik Weddings and Events 6
Epik Weddings and Events 7

Sue Crosby · Married on 08/15/2019

Erik is Epik!

My daughter got married last weekend and Erik of Epik Weddings was the DJ for the event. It was a pleasure to work with him. Erik is extremely professional: he communities effectively and in a timely manner, he exudes confidence in his ability to make your wedding flow seamlessly, he is fun and will make your wedding fun. Erik is respectful and kind to his clients and makes them believe that he will do anything to help them with the wedding. Erik was the MC for our reception and he kept the evening moving on schedule. The dance floor was crowded from the first to the last dance! Music selection was great. You will have no regrets selecting Erik and Epik Weddings for your wedding DJ.

We also rented the Photo Booth from EPIK Weddings. I was equally happy with this choice. The backdrop was timeless, and there was a large selection of props to use. The guests had a great time expressing their personality through the Photo Booth pictures and props. What a wonderful wedding keepsake.

Thanks to Erik for making our daughter’s wedding a wonderful experience.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much Sue! Frances and I loved working with everyone. Having the ability to celebrate at the Top of a Mountain is pretty much as Epik as you can get. If there is anything else that we can do for you and your loved ones, please let us know. Thank you!
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 07/27/2019

Erik is the best DJ/Emcee you could ask for!

We reached out to Epik Weddings & Events due to their wonderful online reviews and a proven history of working with our chosen venue. The entire booking process and back-and-forth communication was so smooth. Erik was very responsive to our requests and worked closely with us to ensure that there were no surprises in our day-of timeline.

On our wedding day, Erik really set the pace as our emcee to make sure that everything was on schedule. He really understood how to work the crowd to get everyone on the dance floor and graciously took requests from our guests. (Keeping up the energy is no simple feat when all the wedding guests were attracted to the beautiful lake view to take selfies!) We received numerous compliments on his DJing, from both guests and other vendors, and he kept the party going all the way to the end!

Epik Weddings also provided photobooth services for our wedding, which all our guests absolutely loved. Erik worked with us to get the photo strip template just right and we appreciate how we received digital copies for all the photos only a few days after! These silly photos were the perfect keepsake for both our guests, who received a physical print-out, and us!

We can't recommend Epik's services enough. Thank you so much for helping us create the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Stephanie · Married on 12/22/2018

Wonderful Video

Aaron and his team did a fabulous job for our wedding! We are absolutely in LOVE with our video; best choice ever! Aaron and the team were so easy to work with and made everyone feel so comfortable. I highly recommend EPIK for video and photography!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Amanda Berner · Married on 12/16/2018

An Exceptional Company!

I don’t typically write reviews, yet I felt compelled to do so this time. From start to finish I had an exceptional experience with EPIK Weddings and Events. Upon making an inquiry on their website, I received an email back almost immediately, and was contacted by phone within 24 hours. The conversation was fun, friendly, and unrushed. It covered many details of what I envisioned for the evening and ended with no pressure to book. A day or two later I confirmed booking. Following booking I never felt I had to call, confirm, and make sure things were in order. The regular contact they made via email and text messaging was reassuring. It was one less thing I had to follow up on, chase down, and make sure was in place the night of the event. In addition, payment was made easy and convenient through a couple different electronic options made available.

In the interim between booking and the night of the event the DJ made himself available to meet in person. We met at the location with other venue staff and discussed final details. I really appreciated this as it gave me piece of mind that the DJ was familiar with the room, power locations, and had what he needed.

On the night of the event the DJ arrived ahead of me, was set up, and ready to start our party as soon as guests started arriving. Of note, he was dressed in a suit and tie. Not that I had any expectations of what the DJ should wear, however, it was just another testament to the professionalism. He kept the evening progressing seamlessly. When it was time to have guests find their seats, make announcements, or transition from dinner to dancing, he did it all in superb fashion.

Something worth mentioning here also is the photo booth option. I was on the fence about including it. I ended up doing so and it was the best decision! I highly recommend it. The guests had so much fun with it ALL NIGHT LONG. It was easy to use, and they could text the photos directly to their phones! Super cool. It created memories they will have forever. Overall the professionalism and customer service here is unrivaled. I truly look forward to another excuse to book with EPIK.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Wow, I am so humbled by your words. Thank you for taking the time to write so eloquently about your experience with us. It is a pleasure to work with you.

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2018

Can't say enough good things!

Epik was amazing for my husband and I to work with for our wedding. We used both their music and photography services and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Our pictures are great, even with challenging lighting due to a winter wedding. Aaron and Rob are great photographers and they add their great personalities to the mix which is an extra bonus. And we have so many pictures to choose from! Our music was perfect and Erik adapted instantly to the needed change to keep the dance floor hoppin'. They are perfectly professional, they do what they say they are going to do, and provided us with excellent guidance when we needed it. Epik is absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Epik Weddings and Events 12
    Epik Weddings and Events 13
    Epik Weddings and Events 14
    Epik Weddings and Events 15
    Epik Weddings and Events 16
    Epik Weddings and Events 17

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Jessica and Jeff! You two were so fun and we loved every moment of the planning and execution for your wedding. Thank you for trusting in us to make your dream wedding come true. Have a Happy New Year!

Heidi · Married on 11/10/2018

Erik was very professional and very fun! He got the guests on their feet. We even closed the venue down with the opener giving us the keys to lock up. She says this was the best most fun wedding she has had in years. Best dj ever! Highly recommend !!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Heidi Franco · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Wedding Ever!!

EPIK Weddings and Events blew our expectations out of the water. Not only did the Photographers Aaron and Ashleigh make me feel beautiful when they photographed me, they captured everything we were looking for. Erik, the DJ, did an amazing job keeping the wedding on the time line and making the party go on all night. I am sure The Grove has not seen so many people on that Dance Floor. The Photo Booth was so popular we had Two!! With a total of 425 photos!! Sean, the Photo Booth Attendant, impressed the waiting guest with his elite magic skills. The videographers, Rob and Brad, were extremely professional and made us feel like that weren't even there when we wanted to enjoy our special intimate moments. They captured everything we were looking for. We highly recommend EPIK Weddings and Events for any wedding, party or gathering. You will not be disappointed.!!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Casper · Married on 10/19/2018

Simply the BEST.

We are SO lucky to have found EPIK Weddings to host our wedding at Gar Woods in North Lake Tahoe on 10/19/18.

Erik was an absolute rock star the entire day with set up, equipment (mics/speakers), hosting, keeping the night moving and most importantly... the music. It was a full on dance party the entire night, and the only bad about our wedding was that it ended :(

We can't wait to hire Epik Weddings for our 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 year anniversary parties :)

Sent on 10/30/2018

Kyleigh Stewart · Married on 10/06/2018

Epik Entertainment was such an easy choice for us for our music needs!

Epik Entertainment was such an easy choice for us for our music needs! Erik and his team were able to take our music tastes and blend them seamlessly with music from all generations, keeping our friends and family on the dance floor all night. He so easily kept the crowd engaged and even worked with our bridal party ahead time to help surprise us with a flash mob that they had been planning. He was also so responsive throughout the planning process and was a huge factor into the success of our wedding day. It's been a few months and we're still receiving compliments from friends and families on how it was the easily the best wedding they have ever been too. As a fellow industry professional, I've been working with Erik for a few years, he's consistent, responsive and easy to work every time!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Kyleigh! You and Jason planned the most stunning wedding we have been to. We loved our unique flow with no formal dinner but passed apps that gave so much more room for dancing and mingling. The black dance floor was a wonderful focal point, but didn't stand a chance once you walked in the room. Thank you for trusting us with your magical day.

Baylee · Married on 09/29/2018

Incredible!!!! Best there is!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Eric · Married on 09/11/2018

So happy with our photos from Epic Weddings. Professional, courteous, knowledgeable. Money well spent on absolutely beautiful pictures that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Epik Weddings and Events 18

Chet · Married on 09/02/2018

We were initially on the fence about getting a wedding video. Now that we've watched our video, we are so, so happy that we went for it. The video turned out absolutely amazing! Thank you, Epik!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2018

Erik was just the best! He was our DJ, but we also used Epik to host our Photo Booth and source our photographer (and a 2nd photographer for a few hours). They have an amazing team of people led by an absolute professional! Eric did multiple pre-calls with us because we do not live in the area, and he was totally flexible and knowledgeable about how to add some special touches to our day. The day went off without a hitch, and we had MANY guests comment on what an amazing DJ we had. Also, having a bundle of services from one vendor just made my life so easy as a bride so would definitely recommend Epik for more than just their DJ services. I would need to write a whole separate review for our Photographer, Asheligh Marie, to do her justice, so I will just say that I am showing my 24 sneak peak pictures to anyone who will allow it, and am absolutely on pins and needles to get the rest of my photos! I have a feeling that choosing a favorite of all the amazing moments she captured will be difficult!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you, Danielle! Your wedding was straight out of a magazine. Ashleigh, Lloyd, Sean, and I loved every moment and we are so grateful to have been a part of your wedding day. When Peter sang to you during the reception, there wasn't a dry eye at Tannenbaum. We are so happy for you!

Chris · Married on 08/04/2018

Our entire experience with Epik Weddings throughout the planning and execution of our wedding was absolutely amazing. Erik was phenomenal at maintaining communication with us throughout the entire process. The planning was so easy and seamless that the DJ and photography aspects of our wedding became some of the easiest to plan and execute on the wedding day. Aaron was amazing in the planning and carrying out of the wedding photography. The photography session with Aaron and Ashleigh was a once in a lifetime experience. We were so comfortable and relaxed during the entire photography session that we got some absolutely incredible photos. We would highly recommend Epik Weddings to any and all.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Paul · Married on 07/28/2018

We hired Epik Weddings & Events as our wedding DJ, and we could not be happier. Erik from Epik runs the company but has multiple DJs who work for him. We felt they were really organized in the months/weeks leading up to the wedding; always prompt with emails but giving us time to get our music lists together. Erik, Roni, Lexi (my wife) and I had lunch the month before the wedding and it made us feel so much better to realize how friendly and helpful they were -- they were really easy to work with, took all of our requests, and we collaborated on a Spotify playlist leading up to the wedding. We had Roni DJ our wedding night, and he was great! When we asked him at the beginning to play out songs so we could sing along, he took the feedback with a huge smile and did exactly what we asked. We had many people tell us how much they enjoyed the music. We would definitely work with them again in a heartbeat. We would also happily hire them for other services as well now that we know how great they are to work with.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Brittney · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband & I got married in North Lake Tahoe on 7.28.18 and are INCREDIBLY happy we worked with EPIK as our DJ. Our venue highly recommended working them, & as soon as we held an initial phone convo with Erik to inquire about their services, we didn't even consider looking into other DJs. Erik is extremely friendly and professional, organized, quick to respond via e-mail & confident in his companies services. He also had TONS of suggestions for various types of songs to play throughout out wedding & has an efficient system in place with Spotify. He offered services we didn't even expect from our DJ, as well - reminder to all of our guests to please turn off their phones and electronics during our ceremony, the DJs walked around during our reception and reminded our guests to sign our guest book, fun interactive way for all guests to be dismissed for dinner and an opportunity for all of our guests to be included in one huge photo on the dance floor prior to our first fun song. We got incredible feedback from our guests about our playlist, too, and so many people at the end of the night commented how great our DJ was!!! Lastly - Erik was terrific to work with throughout the entire process, and the actual DJs who hosted our event were Dwight and Adrian - also great!!! EPIK absolutely helped make our wedding day/night the best for us, yet! Thank you!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Linda · Married on 07/21/2018

We hired Epik Weddings for their videography services for our wedding. Aaron and Rob went above and beyond the call of duty to obtain and process an entire day’s footage, and delivered a final product that is truly spectacular. Aaron was extremely responsive throughout the planning process and was able to customize a package that would suited our needs. The day of, the weather started off quite hot, which made transporting all the video equipment difficult, following us around to a number of sites, and especially up the mountain via gondola and chair lift. During our ceremony, the wind picked up, creating a lot of background noise to the video footage, they took the time to edit out all noise, which was a very difficult and time consuming task. The even took the time to send our original song out to be remastered. They worked smoothly and seamlessly with all our other vendors. We did not experience hiccups or issues of any sort, which is a testament to their professionalism. We were impressed with their ability to overcome each challenge throughout the day, and making our wedding day even more stress free, because of that. One factor that is very important, but often overlooked: Aaron and Rob seemed like they actually wanted to be there. It was easy to see that they enjoyed their work and enjoyed being there. They were friendly and interacted with our family and friends, making everybody feel more at ease, and natural. Our day went from 10 am -10 pm, a long day, and their energy never wavered. Even at the end, they were filled with excitement with the images they were able to capture. Their positive attitude was definitely appreciated, during such a hectic and crazy day. To Aaron and Rob, you not only helped us with our wedding day, you ENHANCED it. You became a part of our wedding day, and our day was better because of it. These are things that money can’t buy, and did not go unnoticed. Thank you guys, for giving us your “above and beyond.”

Sent on 08/24/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/07/2018

My husband and I got married on July 7th , and we couldn't be anymore happier with our decision with going with Epik Weddings for our photography. They were completely amazing! Aaron has been awesome throughout the whole process and when we received the pictures we were in love with every single photo. They were able to capture every feeling at the wedding, and I could truly say when going through our photos I had the biggest smile on my face, it was like I was able to feel each feeling in each photo. All I kept saying was look how happy everyone was, and how each picture looked so real. You guys did an outstanding job, and I would recommend you to everyone !

Thank you guys so much again !

Sent on 08/10/2018
    Epik Weddings and Events 26
    Epik Weddings and Events 27
    Epik Weddings and Events 28

Jade · Married on 07/03/2018

My husband and I got married at Heavenly last month and we hired Epik for three services: DJ, photography, and videography-safe to say, they did not disappoint! Weddings, in their nature, can be very stressful-so we were so fortunate to work with the a team who not only knows what they're doing, but also LOVES what they do! I could not rave about them enough, but here goes my condensed version!

Planning & Communication: The initial planning was a breeze. We live in SD so were not able to physically meet, but it was never an issue. Erik & Aaron were always quick to respond with every and any questions. You can tell they've done this hundreds of times, and if there was anything you weren't sure of, they had you covered.

DJ Services: Erik, the founder of Epik, was our EMCEE/DJ and he did fantastic! He knows exactly how to read the crowd & get everyone out on that dance floor. Our venue staff actually asked if he was one of our personal family friends because of how comfortable we were working with him & how he kept the party upbeat until the very last second. Even the older folks were out there dancing their hearts out!

Photography: Aaron & Ashleigh killed it. To be able to capture the magic of such a very special moment in time, I'm sure is anything but easy...but they did it. No awkwardness, no forced photos, they made us feel comfortable in our own skin, and left our jaws dropping from the end results!

Videography (Cinematography): Aaron is actually the director for both photo and video, but he hired two other gentleman, Brad & Lloyd to do the day of videography. Holy moly....when we got the video back, I sent it to my mother in law and she called me in tears. Yet again, so talented, and so on point, its unreal!

Truly & honestly, it was a pleasure to work with the team at Epik. Being surrounded by professionals whose love & passion for what they do radiate from their every move is incredible. I PROMISE you will not regret hiring them!

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Epik Weddings and Events 34
    Epik Weddings and Events 35
    Epik Weddings and Events 36

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

JADE!!!!! Holy smokes that was the best review ever! We had so much fun at your wedding. SO MUCH FUN!!! Thank you, please let us know if we can do anything for you and your wonderful family.

Maura · Married on 06/30/2018

Working with Erik and the team at Epik Weddings was the easiest part of planning our wedding. Erik is organized, responsive, detail oriented, fun, and full of creative ideas. He made the planning process run so smoothly and thought of every detail. He was there to answer any questions and relieve any anxiety along the way.

Epik Weddings provided many services for us. They created an itinerary that kept the flow of the day on track, worked well and communicated with our other venders including our photographer and harpist, created awesome Spotify playlists (which we had the ability to edit), amplified our wedding ceremony, and provided a processional DJ (Ronnie is wonderful!). We also used their photo booth services which included a super helpful attendant, a wide variety of fun props, customized photo booth strips that printed for our guests in seconds, and digital copies of all the photos.

I can not say enough positive things about Erik and Epik Weddings. I would recommend them to anyone and would definitely hire them again! Thank you for helping make our day so stress-free and fun!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Epik Weddings and Events 37

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Maura! You two made the entire process so enjoyable for us, and your wedding was magical! We are so honored to be a part of your wonderful wedding, and if we can ever do anything for you and your loved ones, please reach out.
  • Jayme

Jayme · Married on 06/24/2018

From our first phone call with Erik we knew he was the DJ/Emcee for us! He was incredibly professional and fun. Our personalities clicked immediately. The planning process was a breeze. He was easy to communicate with and offered a ton of advice. It is clear he has experience and passion! He was a great member of our vendor team to make our dream day a reality. Erik got along wonderfully with all our other vendors. I actually think they all enjoyed working together. At the wedding, he did not disappoint. He engaged the guests and read them completely. 2 months later, our guests are still commenting on how great he was and that he was one of the best DJ/Emcee's they have ever seen at a wedding. And we are talking about guests in their 20-70's, traveling as far as Pennsylvania and Florida! We also used his photobooth and we are so glad we did. We are pretty sure every guest took their turn in the photo booth. Several went back multiple times. The picture book they put together for us will be a fun way to relive the fun our guests had for years to come. Erik's wife was fantastic at manning the photobooth. She was amazing! Hiring Erik was one of the best wedding decision we made......aside from marrying each other!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jayme and Kyle! Frances and I talk about your wedding pretty much daily as it was so fun. We are surrounded by love all the time, but the love that you and Kyle share is at the next level. When you look at each other, sparks seriously do fly. We were honored to be a part of your wedding. We just got the pictures as well and they turned out amazing! Your wedding video told the most beautiful story of your day. Thank you!

Dani · Married on 06/23/2018

We used Epik for our Cinematography. We could not be more happy with the the way our video turned out! It was shot and edited so beautifully!!! We will have this video to remember forever. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Dani! We had the best time with you and your loved ones and it was our pleasure to be a part of your Wedding. Let us know if we can assist you two in any way.

chelsea · Married on 06/22/2018

With an out of town wedding, we knew we needed to do our research to find the best DJ. After emailing Erik at Epik Weddings, we knew the found the one! He was patient, accommodating, and FUN. He met with us when we requested his help and reassured us that our wedding day would be perfect and indeed it was. We even decided to use the videography through Epik and he rocked it! Aaron was also very upbeat and encouraging, making sure he got every shot. I felt confident and happy with them controlling the flow of our day. Thank you Epik for completing our day!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Chelsea and Jake!!! Thank you so much for this wonderful review about our DJ and Video services. Your entire group was so loving and uplifting. We loved capturing everyone in the photo booth and our MagiSean entertained the young and not-so-young with his closeup
    Magic. We are almost done with your wedding film!

KeriAnne · Married on 06/22/2018

Epik wedding was incredible to work with! I went into planning my wedding not knowing anything, and unsure on what I was really looking for in a DJ and photographer. We had a initial phone call with Erik to go over the wedding and he was so extremely helpful, offering photo examples and explaining the whole process and gave us options to think about. He was great with communicating and checking in with us along the way!

Aaron White for our photographer and he was amazing! I never dreamed that we would have such gorgeous wedding photos (generally we are a very un-photogenic couple) and Aaron captured our wedding perfectly!

Out DJ was Dwight and he crushed it, not only did they stay flexible and kept us on schedule they were fun to work with!

Huge thank you to Epik Weddings, they made our whole planning/ wedding day a fabulous memory!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Epik Weddings and Events 38
    Epik Weddings and Events 39
    Epik Weddings and Events 40
    Epik Weddings and Events 41
    Epik Weddings and Events 42
    Epik Weddings and Events 43

Epik Weddings and Events's reply:

Wow, KeriAnne! That made us tear up with joy to know we helped make your day so perfect. We loved every part of your wedding!