Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport Reviews

Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport 4
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport 5
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport 6
Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Airport 7

We had our reception here, as well as our guest room block for after the wedding. The only negative thing I have to say is that we booked our date a little over a year in advance, and within that year this venue went through 3 different event coordinators. Each time a new person was hired we had to meet with them again to rehash the wedding details that had already been planned. Aside from that, everything else was fantastic! Our guests are still raving about how it was the most fun wedding reception they've been to and how beautiful the ballroom was.

We went with a wedding package that included catering, cake, and the DJ in the pricing. I was a little worried that since we were coordinating it all through the Embassy Suites that we would end up with sub-par vendors for the cake and DJ, but we definitely didn't! The bakery they go through is Buttercream in St. Paul - best cake I have ever tried! And the DJ was from Midwest Sound and he did a fantastic job! Our guests danced the entire time. The food is catered through the Wooley's restaurant on-site and it was amazing - even the vegan meals were delicious. The only limitation with our package was that we could only choose chicken entrees or pay more for something else or to have multiple entree options. We opted to stick with the chicken and our guests still loved it.

Brittany is the final coordinator we ended up working with and she is fantastic! She was completely on board with my vision and was able to set up a lot of the DIY pieces I made for the wedding myself (including centerpieces). She was extremely responsive and helpful, and she also uses some great tools to help you really picture what the room will look like on the big day. There was a slight hiccup with our billing after the wedding and she as also very fast to response and resolve the problem.

Overall, I am so glad we chose this venue and would highly recommend it to future brides!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Rocki · Married on 09/13/2008

I planned my wedding in 6 weeks! And they set me up with all the vendors! Made it alot less stressful

Sent on 10/24/2008

Natalie · Married on 09/20/2008

4.2
      3.5

We had what I think is the smoothest wedding planning EVER!! The Embassy organized our cake, flowers, centerpieces and other details, and I feel like we just had to show up and everything was taken care of. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. We had the ceremony and reception at the same site which I highly recommend. Our guests are still talking about how great the service was and how easy it was to have everything under one roof. We even did our rehearsal dinner at the hotel and they gave us 20% off all of that. It was a flawless, amazing fun weekend we spent there and our family and friends will always remember what a great time it was!

Sent on 11/04/2008
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2012

3.5

The Embassy made planning my wedding so simple and stress free! They took care of all the details I didn't have time to prepare for. I would recommend Allie and Renee to anyone! Our day was better than we ever expected due to their fast responses and attention to detail.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/26/2009

3.5

Overall, I had a great experience, and loved the reception. It was beautifully decorated, and it was nice to not have to handle the details. I do have to say that our dinner was a little slow being served, and there was quite a delay between the end of dinner and the cake being served. There was another reception going on across the hall, and I do believe that the same staff was serving both dinners, hence the slow service.

Sent on 12/16/2009

Alison · Married on 10/13/2007

3.8
      3.0

The best thing about the Embassy Suites is that they give you almost your entire reception in one package. For the price of the package, you get the dinner (buffet or plated), hors d'oeuvres (served butler-style!), a champagne toast, cake (from Buttercream, which is fantastic), cake serving, and flowers (from Stems & Vines). For higher packages you can also get the DJ, limo, and upgrades on the linens, flowers, etc. This package-style reception (we held our ceremony somewhere else, though you CAN do your ceremony here too) made planning the wedding so much easier.

The price was very reasonable considering all the services you're getting. It's charged per-plate, and the 3 packages have different minimum plate counts (50, 100, or 150 plates). They have a pretty good menu selection, with a vegetarian dish that's an actual meal instead of a side salad.

Of course with a "package deal" you have less flexibility because you can't choose your own caterer, florist, etc. but the convenience of footing only one bill makes up for it.

The only reason I give them 3 stars instead of 5 for Quality of Service is because they served the WRONG DINNER at our reception. By that time of the day I didn't care; I was having such a great time that I just let it go -- but it's still a pretty big mistake to make. They served the right vegetable side with the wrong main course.

Overall, though, I would recommend them, especially if you have a tighter reception budget. Book well in advance! We booked 10 months before our wedding and I think if we had waited even a few more weeks, they wouldn't have been available. There were three weddings there that night including ours.

Sent on 01/30/2008

Ryan · Married on 06/25/2005

3.6
      3.5

Great open bar, people seemed to have a good time

Sent on 05/27/2008

sabrina · Married on 08/29/2009

3.2
      3.0

We used this vendor for our Grooms Dinner/Rehearsal Dinner.
    We initially contacted this venue after we read on other vendor reviews they will negotiate per plate fee. We had a huge grooms dinner so needed to bring down the per plate fee. They did just that which we appreciated. The service was good the day off and the food was good. I was working with 2 sales people and that was a little confusing because they weren�t always on the same page with our event. This ended up burning us in the end when they charged us $150 for AV which was never discussed with us. I asked about using a TV that was already in the room to play a 3 min. DVD (again already in the room) and was told that was �fine.� From what I can tell now, they assumed the other sales person told us about the fee but based on email trails it was never discussed. When I brought this issue up to them after we were billed, they were slow to respond to emails and then said, they would only make us pay half, which I don�t believe is ethically right if a fee in generally was never discussed. Long story short, we�re still waiting for this issue to be resolved 3 weeks later. The room/food met our needs but the people we worked made it more work than needed.

Sent on 09/16/2009
  • Tasha

Tasha · Married on 06/07/2013

2.8
      3.0

Food was amazing! However the room we had our food in had a leaking ceiling! Luckily it was in the corner and didn't affect anyone, but was a little embarrassing. Hotel really needs some updates, rooms too. Before the wedding the wedding teams responsiveness to me was excellent. However, the day of the wedding, we had barely anybody there in advance to help guide us. Overall I'd say for the money, it was a pretty good venue. We made it great!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Kseniya · Married on 05/09/2015

2.4
      2.0

Everything was going well with planning our wedding at Embassy Suites until our event coordinator quit 6 weeks before our wedding. The event manager stepped up and was really accommodating with us. She worked with us on planning two unique ceremonies and agreed to cater food that is not usually on the menu. She was very thorough with us the entire time prior to the wedding, her team was even kind enough to help with a last minute addition to the centerpieces. I was so excited abour the location; however, on the day of the wedding quite a few things went wrong that we just couldn't overlook. First, we ordered appetizers that were not on the menu and the event manager confirmed that we would have them, yet on the day of they didn't deliver on them. Before the wedding we were told that we could take photos in the atrium as long as the guests cleared out of the main area to make room for a hotel social hour. We were in another part of the atrium when the event manager told us we had to leave and make more room for the hotel guests. There's not much scenery outside so the atrium was one of the few places to capture nice photos yet once again the event manager didn't stick to her word. We started dinner and one of our plates came with the wrong vegetables. How does this even happen? Instead of having a nice sautee of multiple vegetables, our plates were presented with cheap green beans. We had paid good money to have our event there and were pretty disappointed by how mis-managed the event was. I will say that their catering and serving staff was really friendly and helpful even after the wedding. The other thing to keep in mind is that you don't get a room to get ready in the day of your wedding and check in is at 3 or 4 pm so you pretty much have to rent a room for the night before the wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2015