Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa Reviews

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa 4
  • Kate

Kate Lang · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful service

I am so happy that we decided to have our wedding at Embassy Suites. I was hesitant since so many people I know got married there, but it was the best choice. It is affordable and right on the ocean, and Janeth couldn't be any more helpful! She is on top of everything and doesn't get annoyed with my many emails! We keep changing things, like times and guest room counts, and she just makes it work!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Natalie Currie · Married on 04/06/2019

Wedding of our dreams

Wedding date - April 6, 2019

Janeth Alvarez and the entire staff were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Very friendly, professional, organized, accommodating, and responded timely. We met several times to discuss the details. Janeth listened to what we wanted and all the details were exactly as planned. The wedding packages were affordable and included many upgrades. Our ceremony was beautiful and romantic overlooking the ocean. Service and food were exceptional! My guests had an phenomenal time. Out of town guests that stayed at the property were very pleased with the large suites. Perfect size for me and my wedding party to get ready. My fiancé and I waited 18 years to get married and could’ve picked a better place to have our wedding and reception.

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa 5
    Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa 6
    Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa 7
    Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa 8
    Sent on 05/13/2019

Sara · Married on 04/01/2017

Claire and her staff have been amazing! I have met with Claire at least 10 times this year as I plan and she always takes time to listen and advise. Menu planning was flexible to meet my budget. Big day is coming up and I'm confident this hotel will be key to the success!

Sent on 02/14/2017

LeShann · Married on 04/09/2016

Our wedding reception at the Embassy suites of Deerfield Beach was nothing short of spectacular. We worked with Claire Molinari and she was amazing! She helped to make everything stress-free and enjoyable throughout the entire wedding process. The hotel was flexible with our dates when we were unsure at first when exactly we wanted our wedding day to occur. When the wedding day finally arrived, we brought in our custom made centerpieces and table placements and the fun and friendly staff there assembled them exactly to our specifications helping to make the most important day of our lives become a reality. We used a subtle Harry Potter theme and the hotel highlighted the accents and made it pop without looking cheesy. Overall, we were very pleased with our finished outcome and Embassy Suites helped to make our night unforgettable.

Sent on 04/16/2016

We used Embassy Suites as our block out wedding hotel. They were wonderful and all of our guests enjoyed their stay. We, the bride and groom, were welcomed back to our room with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

Thank you Tom and Alina!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 01/19/2013

The Embassy Suites in Deerfield beach was the perfect place for our wedding reception. All of our our of town guests also stayed there and what a better place than right on the beach! The staff was very helpful and we worked really closely with Alicia Watson who was an amazing coordinator for everything at the hotel. We will always have fond memories there and look forward to going back!

Sent on 02/07/2013

Susan · Married on 10/09/2011

This is where we held our reception! The room was perfectly organized and Claire went out of her way to make sure we were happy! The place is beautiful and the outside terrace for the cocktail hour was beyond gorgeous!

Sent on 04/17/2012

Laura · Married on 01/04/2014

3.0
      3.0

The original WC had a family emergency and handed over the duties to Jordana, who dropped the ball on multiple occasions. She couldn’t account for her lack of communication. She apologized for not having her phone when we tried to reach call, then said she wouldn’t be available by phone all day because she didn't have pockets. We’d have to leave a message for her, which negates having a coordinator for immediate needs. I wasn’t impressed with the rooms. They were a good size but they weren’t cleaned to the expectation you would have for the price you pay. They smelled old and musty. The wait staff was pleasant. They moved with speed (sometimes too much). They seemed flustered, dropping trays of food and silverware, but they never broke a smile. I got up briefly after salad and when I came back I noticed everyone at my table had food except for me. They remedied it quickly, and apologetically. I was glad I overheard my aunt talking about a breakfast they scheduled for the morning. No one told the guests at check in. My aunt then had to take 30 precious minutes away from her daughter’s reception to make a list of people that needed to be contacted about this over site. At the end of the evening they did a sparkler send off. I don’t know who oversaw this (since Jordana took off after dinner), but it wasn’t executed the way it should have been. Safety went to the way side. They lit the sparklers and didn’t have a bucket of sand or water for them to be extinguished. We sat around holding the hot wires, while others tucked them into a nearby wastebasket. Some people started to walk into the hotel carrying the hot wires, and accidentally burned my 10 yr old niece. It seemed that as the day unfolded so did the lack of communication and attention to detail. Thankfully we had a great team of family and friends that covered the tracks and paved new ways for success to pull off a stunning wedding. Tragic that my aunt had to pay so much money for mediocre service.

Sent on 03/28/2017

1.0

The worst people to deal with. Jordana was the person covering our wedding and she was never accessible or was found. There is a gap between all the staff in communication of what is happening and when which makes everything very frustrating. There was a few bright points was Front desk Timothy and Sabina in catering service.

Sent on 03/27/2017

Kintana · Married on 08/10/2018

0.4
      0.5

I had my wedding at the hotel in Deerfield Beach, FL this past weekend and I can’t begin to tell you how disappointed I am in how the whole process was. I went through 3 yes, 3 different managers in 6 months. Started with Jordana then went to Alina and ended with Janeth. When I signed my contract I had a day of coordinater that would be assisting me throughout the process which is why I selected this hotel since I’m in Texas. Then I get an email 6 months later saying that they will no longer honor that part of my package anymore. Now I’m beyond stressed and having to come up with another $1200 to hire a coordinator. When the new catering manager started she did make sure that things worked as best they could and she did that well. The wedding day amenity that I was supposed to receive was a bottle of champagne, that would have been great except her and I clearly discussed the fact that I wasn’t staying in that hotel 2 weeks prior to the event she even called me to double check why I canceled my reservations. She didn’t try to compensate at all. The reason I canceled my reservations was I was and am still so devastated on how much worry and stress went into something that should have been a wonderful experience for us. But I was constantly worried something was going to be overlooked or swept under the rug. I hope that you all can make the appropriate changes to this facility so no other brides spend their wedding worried about the hotel leaving them hanging. The reviews are correct on every wedding website... not a good choice and I will also be spreading the word for future brides to stay away from this facility.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa's reply:

I first and foremost want to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I must admit that I was very surprised to read your feedback as it related to our working together to plan your special day along with you not receiving your amenity. From the very first time I was introduced to you after Jordana left and Alina, the event manager, made the introduction, I felt a wonderful connection. It was such a pleasure working with you on your special day despite mother nature’s downpour in the late afternoon. I know how important that was for you to marry outside. Outdoor ceremonies are very dependent on the weather unfortunately.

I do want to take a moment and clarify a few things that you had addressed concern with and one was regarding the employing the service of a wedding coordinator and having to engage the use of one for your wedding. My role as a Catering Manager is to be your point of contact throughout the entire event planning as it relates to the hotel. That encompasses the food, the setup and any questions that may arise from the wedding process.

As it relates to not receiving your wedding day amenity, I was of course disappointed to learn that you had canceled your reservation which then makes sending a special token of congratulations impossible at the resort. However, I did speak with your coordinator the day after and I had extended the invitation to you and your husband, Joseph to dine with us for a special lunch together. I was to understand that you two had plans to spend the day at the beach.

Once again, I was disappointed to learn that we did not meet or exceed your expectations for your special day.

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience.

Sincerely,

The Embassy Suites team

Gina · Married on 03/25/2017

0.4
      0.5

Ask a lot of questions. They were horrendously understaffed in ALL areas. Make sure you ascertain when on site coordinator is available, get EVERYTHING in writing.
    Issues with coordinator, food was great but tables served by type of enteee instead of all at once, 1 server to 4 tables, entire trays of food dropped on the floor Long lines at check in, 1 person at desk. Rooms not very clean. Could not get basic questions answered day of wedding because coordinator was not on site and there was no communication regarding who to ask. When she did arrive we could not contact her because she did not carry her phone because she did not have pockets. Her story not mine. Overall, I can't recommend the venue in good faith. Shop around, i really wanted this to be good but I am still waking up at night thinking about what went wrong and how awful I feel for my daughter. I waited a week to write this review for the anger to subside. We will move on but the chaos, confusion and undue stress will remain for quite sometime.

Sent on 04/02/2017