15 Reviews for Elysian Events

User Photos
+14
Photos
15 Elysian Events Reviews

Before I start to rattle about how phenomenal Elysian Events is, simply put, BOOK THEM. Erin alone is worth her weight in gold! Before I "signed" with Erin, I spoke with a handful of other planners and none were as genuine, positive and knowledgeable as Erin is.

We knew we would require a planner as a destination wedding would be impossible to plan otherwise. So, if you live afar, no fears. Erin will still take care of you! Additionally, I was an uninterested bride. One of the first things I said to Erin was something along the lines of, "I don't want to do anything. Just make it look pretty." So, I created a Pinterest account, pinned a bunch of things I liked, and Erin just... Made it happen. I have absolutely no idea how she materialized Pinterest into something real and wonderful, but she did.

Now, here's where it got messy... Hurricane Nate. LOL! Sure, we scheduled a beach wedding during hurricane season, but who in the hell would have thought a hurricane would actually hit during our wedding?! Erin and her crew worked their butt's off and made several changes within 24 hours of the wedding due to the hurricane. Additionally, she kept in real-time contact with all of our vendors to make sure they could still make it on the island for the wedding. Speaking of vendors, every last vendor stated they love working with Erin and raved about what a great gal she is. This is nice because those people are essentially her "coworkers" and speak highly of her, you know?

During the wedding day, Erin managed several vendors, crazy guests and kept everything flowing smoothly. She checked in on us from time to time, rolled with the changes due to the hurricane and made sure we had everything we needed. That was a nice cherry on top!

Elysian Events worked tirelessly to make our wedding fabulous. Stop reading reviews and book them. Seriously. If they can create a beautiful and timeless wedding in a friggin' hurricane, they can do anything!

Profile Picture User6649223, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Elysian Events was awesome in all regards! We dealt with Erin on all of the planning. She is a "can-do" person! We had many changes over the course of planning the wedding and she was very flexible and willing to help us on all of them. Absolutely no drama at all from the beginning to the end. The vendors she selected for us were all great. The day of the wedding her and her team all set up perfectly and everything the whole day was perfect as I new they would be. GREAT!

Photo for Elysian Events Review - The wedding on the beach
Profile Picture Sheryl, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Erin was, simply put, AMAZING. Before the wedding, during the wedding, and even the days after the wedding she provided top notch customer service to help make our dream come true. While we were picking out caterers, hair, makeup, etc. she always provided us with several options, and tirelessly searched for exactly what we wanted (example: I only wanted eye makeup done, not my whole face). She found us fabulous vendors within our budget, and my mom and I were not stressed at all on the day of the wedding because we knew Erin was reliable, professional, and trustworthy. During the wedding, my husband and I were impressed with how attentive she was to us. Without being intrusive, she politely checked on the two of us frequently to see if we needed anything. She helped take my veil out when I couldnt sit down, she refilled our drinks, and she adjusted the temperature of the room when I told her I was getting hot in my dress! My bustle broke while dancing, and she was there in under 30 seconds with a safety pin to solve the problem! She was calm, organized, and so nice, as was her team of helpers. We truly couldn't have picked a better planner and HIGHLY recommend working with Erin and Elysian Events!

Profile Picture Ali, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I didnt have anything for my wedding around December and having my wedding in March. I had no idea what i was doing or how to plan. Once we were booked everything fell into place and they truly made it an incredible day! I couldn't have asked for anything more, i only wish i would have hired from the beginning! When ever we decide to renew our vows I sure hope your still in business. Seriously recommending you to anyone i know getting married! Thank you so much

Profile Picture Cassie, 3/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

This was a charming outside wedding and all the details were magical! Thank you for a perfect day!

Profile Picture CW, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

Erin and Ashlyn were amazing with our wedding! They made sure that everything went smoothly and we were able to enjoy our day! We made many changes throughout the planning process and they were always able to make whatever changes necessary to their plans to make sure that we were happy! I highly recommend Elysian events!

Profile Picture Erika, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Everything for the wedding was perfect! I could not have imagined it turning out any better. A huge thank you to Ashlynn for everything that she did and all of her hard work! I could not be happier!!

Profile Picture Kiley, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The day of the wedding was absolutely amazing!!! I could not have asked for a better coordinator! Not only was my husband and I impressed how she was on top of everything, the gusts were even coming up and complimenting us how wonderful our coordinator was!

Profile Picture Patreece, 5/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Book these people!!! Erin worked with me to create my dream wedding! She took my ideas and ran with them! And honestly I didn't give her a lot to go from, and somehow she created what I envisioned. She combined what the venue had to offer and her own creativity, and made a masterpiece! When I tell you my wedding was perfect, I really mean that. Everything was absolutely beautiful! Erin not only helped with the amazing decor, setup, and tear down, but she also organized and facilitated our rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. All of our wedding party got along great with her as well, which isn't a surprise at all, because she's awesome!

I could go on and on about how wonderful of a job Erin did! Believe me, you will not regret your decision to go with Elysian Events! They are wonderful people and they pour heart and soul into their work because they truly love it!

Profile Picture Christi, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Erin and Ashlynn were so great to work with! They made my wedding day way less stressful! They are so responsive and easy to get a hold of. We met in person several times and they answered all of my questions. I wanted to be more hands off when it came to the details as far as decorations go and they were so great at following my vision and making it their own. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Rachel, 12/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

First and foremost, Erin and Ashlynn are incredible people. They coordinated a wedding that was beyond our expectations. I gave them a handful of things we liked and just some colors to incorporate, which were navy blue and dusty/mauve pink, but they did all rest -it turned out simply beautiful! I believe when people are good at their craft, you can allow them the range to run with the idea. I am so glad we did, and it paid off.

These gals really took the stress out of a wedding. They are so cheerful, detailed oriented, and amazing to work with. Because my husband and I did not live in FL, we no clue in finding a good/reasonable photographer, dj, florist, catering, etc; however, Erin and Ashlynn took care of pricing, communication, coordinating, and basically all the hassle that came along with it.

Erin and Ashlynn took the time to listen and understand our ideas and things we deemed important. They are very prompt in regards to responding to emails and phone calls. Our guests raved about how amazing the service was during the wedding. Also, we hardly even noticed they were there.

The BEST decision we made during the planning of our wedding was hiring Erin and Ashlynn as our wedding planners, and heating the pool. If you're planning a wedding in the Destin, FL area, I would encourage you to reach out to Erin and Ashlynn at www.Elysian-Events.com

Remember, there's a lot to worry about, and stress over, but coordinating with vendors, decor, setting-up, breaking down after the wedding should not be one of those worries.

Warmest regards,

Diana & David

Profile Picture Diana, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Elysian Events were WONDERFUL to work with in planning my son's rehearsal dinner! They were extremely helpful in making suggestions/recommendations whenever I was struggling with something. They never made me worry during the whole process - I was SO relaxed just knowing they were in such control of everything. They were so aware of the smallest details and very professional at all times. I really felt so spoiled by their whole team! They had to make so last minute changes due to weather conditions and I believe those changes just sealed the deal! Everyone at the dinner said they felt like this was something out of a Martha Stewart magazine! My son and daughter-in-law couldn't stop thanking me enough that night. My son hugged me for the longest time, just thanking me for everything, that he was so happy with how the evening turned out and how it made him and his fiance feel so very special! I told Erin (Elysian Events) that I almost wish I had another event to plan just so that I could work with them again. You won't be disappointed, please consider them for any of your event-planning needs.

Profile Picture Donna, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
2.4

I was less than impressed and sadly would not recommend them! We used them for partial planning (because I asked for recommendations for florists and they ended up setting it all up for me and finding our bartenders) as well as day of set up and clean up and it was a headache.
Meeting with the sisters leading up to the event I felt so relieved and that we had happened upon a God sent when trying out a cater (Chef Danielle who is their mom). My mom was a bit skeptical as she could see the price tags adding up more clearly than I did!
The closer to the even the more weary I got. They informed us they would not put the tables in place without bathing more, we had to send the groomsmen to WaterVue the day of to do it. They also assured us WaterVue has enough tables and chairs and we didn't need to rent them (since hey had already found our rentals for plates, glasses, napkins and silver) but wouldn't give us a table arrangement until the WaterVue owner asked them for one. Then the day of the tables were in place (by my dad and groomsmen) but once we got there for the reception we were missing a table (they had combined the table meant for my parents and that for my college friends so my parents and close family had no where to sit! There were also tables meant to sit 8-10 people set for only 6.)

I provided the decorations for them for the most part and I felt they were put out very half heartedly. Then at the end of the night they told us if the groomsmen didn't take the trash out we'd get charged an extra $500 from the venue. Knowing family and friends wouldn't have to stress to set up or take down was a HUGH reason we hired them.

The sisters did a ton to ease my mind leading up to the wedding but I felt like they thought of me as a pain in the ass the day of the event and did not do the job I expected. I truly wish we had saved our money! The only contact I received after the event was asking where vases where while on my honeymoon!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Caitie, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
1.2

Erin at Elysian Events is very sweet and kind, but she really dropped the ball after our initial meeting. I hired her for partial planning services when I felt my job would not allow me to finish what I needed in the next 3 months before my wedding. She had great reviews, but I was disappointed when after a month nothing had actually been accomplished, and she failed to respond to multiple texts and emails over an entire week. She rarely responded in a timely manner and did not keep me informed of what she was working on, so I was left in the dark unless I really pushed for answers. I ended up contacting and meeting a vendor by myself during that time since I felt nothing was getting done and I was becoming MORE stressed, not less. I ended our contract at that point, 2 months before my wedding, and chose to take over planning myself and use friends and family. I think she has great potential and will improve with time, but right now I would be cautious about hiring her.

Profile Picture User6260279, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews