Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry Reviews

44 | Raleigh, NC

44 Reviews for Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry

Kate Whitacre · Getting married on 08/04/2020

AMAZING Hair and Makeup !!!

My sister found Elaine on this website and I am so glad she did. She did a run through with my sister's (the bride) hair and makeup so she wasn't going in blind the day of the wedding. Then the day of, she had to set up her equipment twice and was early each time to ensure we had enough time to do everything. She did everyone's services in such a timely manner and it lasted the WHOLE DAY! I was the MOH so at the venue, I was running around doing lots of things so I was happy I didn't have to worry about my hair falling down or my makeup smudging. It lasted so well! She was also so personable with our family and the members of the bridal party...also our cat and dog who were helping with the hair and makeup haha Whenever I get married I will totally be using her and recommending her to others. She made the day so special!!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much! It’s people like you and your family that make my job seem like it’s not work at all! I THOROUGHLY enjoyed spending this day with you and getting to know your family :)

Katie Morton · Married on 12/14/2019

Professional, flawless and fun

I had the pleasure of hiring Elaine Harrison as my make up artist for my wedding. She was quick to respond and has excellent communication. Myself and bridal party looked stunning, our make up was perfection! Very natural and flawless. Elaine was so much fun to work with. While professional she is also personable and easy going. She made me and my girls feel comfortable and relaxed. I would highly recommend Elaine Harrison to anyone looking for a make up artist! I promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Lizzie

Lizzie Pogoloff · Married on 10/12/2019

Elaine went above and beyond!

Elaine was amazing. She came to our house to do the trial make up and hair for my mother and I. She listened intently on what we were both looking for, did research and even practiced on a friend to make sure she got it right for me. Elaine is professional and always responds quickly to any questions you may have. She's been in the industry for a long time and it shows. I looked amazing on my big day and wouldn't change anything. Thanks again Elaine! YOU ROCKED IT.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Awwwww Lizzie!!!! Thank you so much!!!! Sometimes I have to pinch myself. It seems like I get to hang with girlfriends while doing what I love as my job! I had a great time and you looked perfect :) 💕💕❤️❤️❤️
  • Melanie

Melanie Cardella · Married on 06/15/2019

Best hair & makeup artist!!

I’ve used Elaine multiple times for production at work, and because she always does such a great job, I automatically hired her for my wedding.

She knew exactly how to do my hair and makeup, so it looked beautiful but still natural. Both the hair and makeup lasted all night!

I would highly recommend Elaine. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Caitey Spellman · Married on 05/18/2019

Second Best Part of the Day!

Next to walking down the isle, having Elaine come to the house to do my make up and my mom's was the best part of our day! It felt like we had a long time family friend come over to catch up and play dress up. My mom and I looked amazing and couldn't believe how much we laughed, how great we looked and how fast the time flew. Elaine matched the photos we sent her in advance and really tailored everything to our dresses and personalities. She made the day so incredibly special and we would recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat - thanks Elaine!!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Caitey!!!!!!!! We did have a blast!!!! It was such an honor for me to get to be there and spend time with you girls! Thanks so much! Say hello to your mom for me 🥰🥰
  • Meredith

Meredith K · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely Fabulous!!!

I can't say enough good things about Elaine! She is skilled, punctual, professional, and a kind, interesting person! She made my bridesmaids and me look so beautiful on my wedding day. Elaine was a dream to work with and was so responsive during the planning. She was receptive to everything I wanted during my hair and makeup trial, and wanted to make sure I was completely satisfied with the finished look.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Mindy · Married on 01/27/2018

Elaine is the best! She did my hair and make up for my wedding as well as my mother and daughter. We all looked beautiful!! During my "trial run" appointment I showed her pictures of the look I was wanting and she was able to create it perfectly. Elaine is very professional and responsive when I communicated with her. She is also very friendly and fun to have around. I would certainly hire her again and recommend her to anyone I know. So glad I found her!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Pam · Married on 12/30/2017

Elaine was fantastic to work with - extremely professional and responsive. She made arrangements to accommodate nine of us the morning of the wedding with Hair and Make-up in a rather compressed time schedule. It was probably the most relaxing part of the day. Everything with her and her team went off without a hitch. I strongly recommend her.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Pam! We had such a great time working with Kelly and the bridal party!!!!!!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2017

Elaine was fantastic, knowledgable and very flexible in her approach to tackling many hair and makeup services for my big day. And my hair and makeup was phenomenal. I received so many compliments on how natural but enhancing it was. I definitely recommend her.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer :) It was absolutely my pleasure!!!!

Molly · Married on 09/16/2017

I hired Elaine off of weddingwire for my September wedding this year and she was absolutely wonderful through all of my planning. Even after I made a major mistake and booked her for the wrong date in September, she was kind and so helpful in recommending someone else to me, as she was not available on my real wedding date. I did, however, do my trial with her (before realizing the wrong date was booked) and she did an amazing job! My hair and makeup looked great, and I wouldn't hesitate to hire her again if ever the need arises!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/12/2017

Elaine was amazing! She quickly replied to emails and was so sweet during our meetings! I don't normally do a lot with my hair and makeup so I was pretty apprehensive going in. She made me so comfortable and worked with me so I didn't feel like I was wearing face paint. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair or makeup services!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Michelle! It's was a wonderful day :)

Magi · Married on 06/03/2017

Elaine is truly talented and, in my opinion, the best makeup artist in North Carolina! She was very timely, attentive to my requests, responded to any questions I had in the weeks prior to my wedding, and was just perfect in every way! I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Magi!!!!! It was so great being apart of your day :)
  • Thao

Thao · Married on 05/28/2017

Elaine is amazing! Elaine did my hair and makeup, hair for my 4 bridesmaids, and then had no trouble adding on hair for one of my flower girls last minute. She also did individual faux lashes for me and my bridesmaids. She was very conscious of my budget and accommodating. Elaine includes a hair and makeup trial for the bride at her home salon and will travel to your location on the wedding day. She is very responsive and will quickly address all of your concerns. As soon as Elaine starts working on you, you can just tell that she has been in the business for a long time because she is very experienced and professional. I loved working with her because she is so fun, relaxed, and really just feels like one of your girlfriends as you get ready. I spent maybe 20 seconds flipping through pictures on my phone of hair and makeup I liked and Elaine nailed it! She is completely open to making adjustments and giving you the look you want but will also offer suggestions and tips. After my trial, the faux lashes were making one of my eyelids fold more than the other (I'm honestly the only person to notice this), but Elaine wanted to make sure I was completely satisfied and comfortable and had me come in for a second trial to make sure everything was perfect for me. On the wedding day, Elaine met my bridesmaids at the hotel to start on their hair and then came to the wedding venue to do my hair and makeup. With so much that goes on on the wedding day, Elaine was one of the few people who really kept me calm and focused on myself. The only time I had to eat was while Elaine was working on me but she didn't mind at all. Elaine is not just incredibly talented but she is so sweet and caring and truly makes you feel special on your wedding day. My hair and makeup lasted all day and our wedding was outdoors. My bridesmaids and I received so many compliments and we felt so beautiful! I highly recommend Elaine and would hire her again in a heartbeat! She is the absolute best!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Thao!!!! I really enjoyed being a part of your big day! You're bridal party was amazing and I'm so happy your got to enjoy the day!!!!!!!!!!

Marisa · Married on 05/21/2017

I contacted Elaine about a month before my wedding. She responded promptly and professionally. The day of, she arrived on time and was so kind from the start, even though my hair was still wet! Elaine was friendly and we talked about what kind of updo I was interested in. I gave her a somewhat vague description with a couple of photos, not sure of what I really wanted myself. She created a beautiful look that stayed in place from morning to dancing and outfit changes to evening. For my makeup, I gave photos of something too heavy for the morning. She was very accommodating and toned down the makeup when I wasn't happy with my initial idea. The makeup stayed in place all day and I felt beautiful. I am so happy Elaine was available for my special day.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Marisa! I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your big day!!!!!!

Maria · Married on 04/29/2017

I really like Elaine, she did great both my wedding trial and wedding day and I looked fabulous, well that's my " family and friends said" :). I have long heavy hair but she managed to stick it all and do up dos and lasted until the end of the night when me and my husband had a date night. And yes date night after our wedding day, (btw We had morning wedding). She's very professional and yet she
    can be like your old friend too. Non stop laughing and talking while she's doing my make up despite of I just known her from wedding wire. I think that's the best part, we're both comfortable to each. other. And responsiveness, oh yes she's the best. You don't need to ask her what you need to do On the day of your trial and on your Big day, because she will send it to you or tell you ahead of time. And coming to the house at 6am in the morning with all her energies and big smile to start the day. That's wow!!! Highly recommend. Thumbs up ???? to her

Sent on 06/08/2017

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much! It was so much fun to have been a part of your big day!

Melanie · Married on 04/22/2017

Elaine was amazing!! She was so flexible and helpful on my wedding day. She went out of her way to make sure I was happy and that everything was perfectly the way I wanted. She was so patient and kind. Patience and flexibility were so important to me for my vendors because there's no way to predict exactly how the day will go!! Not to mention that she has so much experience in the field and is so talented. There really isn't a better makeup artist or hairstylist in town!!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thanks so much Melanie! It was an absolute pleasure being a part of your awesome day! You were such a joy to work with :)

Dana · Married on 10/22/2016

Elaine did my makeup for my sister-in-law's wedding and I knew I had to use her for mine! She did a beautiful job in my trial and I felt comfortable that I would look like a polished version of myself on my wedding day. She did the makeup for myself, my mother, my mother in law to be, and my 5 bridesmaids. Everyone loved their makeup!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Mica · Married on 10/16/2016

Boy was I lucky to find Elaine.. she is fantastic! If you're looking for a makeup artist for your upcoming wedding, look no further! Not only is she sweet and fun to work with, but she's also incredibly talented with a great eye for detail. I had 6 Bridesmaids, my mom, the MOG and myself(9 total) on the list with what I thought was a tight timeline, but Elaine covered us all with time to spare! She even stayed just to do touch ups for everyone, and they all looked gorgeous! She created a seamless look for all the girls and we all felt like princesses for the day. I cannot speak highly enough of Elaine! I would definitely recommend her to everyone. She's great to work with, does a wonderful job and will keep you at ease no matter what's going on with her calm presence. I could go on and on.. Thank you Elaine for being apart of our special day and making us all feel beautiful!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Awww thanks Mica! I had so much fun with you and your girls!!!!!

C. · Married on 03/05/2016

Elaine was a Godsend to have on my wedding day! Not only is she incredibly talented, but her personality put me at ease on a somewhat stressful day. She was more than prepared for anything that came up. Each one of my bridesmaids had their own beautiful style, and I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! That is truly a gift. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an outstanding make up artist!!! She's an absolute joy. -C. Taylor

Sent on 04/01/2016

I loved that I was able to dance the night away without dark eyes or stray hairs. I looked photo ready; so worth treating myself! She was pretty booked up, but was super flexible in fitting me in. LOVED the way everything turned out! Thank you!!!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Angelena · Married on 08/22/2015

I booked Elaine through a recommendation from my photographer (and I learned that these do not come easily since vendors are putting their own names on the line when recommending others). Elaine was amazing and thankfully available (as she does limited number of weddings each month). Her MANY years of experience clearly show through in her professionalism, personality, and flexibility…and of course her MAKEUP and HAIR was exactly what I wanted. I did a trial run with Elaine just for my hair, showing her just a few pictures (that matched my style and age range obviously) and she picked up on what I wanted immediately and able to replicate it during the trial. I ended up booking her for my mom’s makeup and hair as well (without a trial) and she catered to the fact that my mom typically wears no make-up and has frizzy, curly hair. Elaine came to my hotel the day of and was right on time (I in fact was running behind and frantically jumping out of the shower drying my hair as she was arriving). No issues though, she started with my makeup first and any minor changes I wanted she did with ease. She then moved onto my hair and nailed it (exactly like the trial); her products were amazing and everything stayed in place all night long. She even gave me a lil touch up bag that had bobby pins, my custom lip color, and shine powder (by the way, didn’t have to add our touch my hair all night). She was so amazing, and dealt with me as I put together my bouquet while she worked on my hair! I would highly recommend Elaine for wedding hair and makeup – just make sure to book way ahead of time!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Elaine is the best. Look no further. She's incredible at her job. Her artwork speaks for itself. We've known Elaine for 3 years and since then she has done all our events, my wedding, my sisters, my friends, and any event I need in between.

Sent on 05/17/2015

I'm not ready for this relationship to be over!!!
    Elaine is the best of the best! She is professional in every sense of the word and a very talented makeup artist. She is quick to respond to all correspondence, very clear about pricing and timing. AND she's hilarious!
    I switched my hair style a bit the morning the of the wedding and she was able to do it perfectly. I felt like the most beautiful bride. My bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law were all extremely pleased with their hair and make-up and were amazed how she fit us all in. I can't say enough about how wonderful Elaine is to work with. She is a rare find...book her, you won't be dissappointed!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

awwwww! It was my pleasure to become both your hair and makeup artist for your big day as well as your friend!!!!!! Thank you for the awesome words, I really really appreciate it and YOU!!!!

Monica · Married on 05/25/2014

Elaine was perfect. She was very responsive over email (which was comforting for me since I was planning a wedding in NC while I was living in CA), she arrived on time on the day of, she was very friendly and pretty darn funny, and she estimated the time it would take to finish everyone's hair and makeup PERFECTLY. We were out the door right on time, which was very important to me. Oh, and did I mention the fact that we all looked AMAZING? We had a classy yet earthy feel going on, which included a herb garland I wanted in my hair, and she incorporated it PERFECTLY. I was able to enjoy my special day to the fullest because I knew I looked exactly how I pictured and I looked AMAZING. That's a good feeling to have.

Sent on 06/13/2014

Danielle · Married on 04/18/2014

I had the pleasure of having Elaine do my hair and make-up for my wedding along with my wedding party. Elaine is like having another girlfriend helping you get ready except she does an exceptional job with make-up AND hair and she kept us on-time. Actually, I think I was ready EARLY for the first time in my life. Wedding hair and make-up is expensive but Elaine is really the best value you are going to get in Raleigh, she comes with so much experience and she is so easy to work with. I recommend the trial, I did it with my bridal portraits...my portrait looks amazing and it had to be the make-up. I didn't really like my engagement pics and I think it's simply because I didn't have enough or the right make-up on. It really makes a difference! Elaine is such a gem to have in Raleigh, any pictures I take going forward she will be doing my make-up. Thank you, Elaine for making "getting ready for the wedding" such an easy and relaxing experience!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry's reply:

Hi Danielle!!!!! Thanks so much for the amazing review! It was a pleasure being part of your big day!!!!!! :)