Elaine Bell Catering Reviews

46 Reviews for Elaine Bell Catering

46 Elaine Bell Catering Reviews
  • F

Farida · Married on 09/01/2018

Our daughter got married at the Secret Garden in Bodega Bay, CA. A magical venue for such an occasion. But what made the event truly amazing was the outstanding quality of food prepared for this event. Everything from the three beet salad to the 48-hour braised short ribs, cedar plank salmon and the amazing sweet pea risotto, to the delicious mini chocolate mousse and crème brulé, was of absolute top quality. The 19-member service staff, whether manning the bars or serving the tables, everything was first class. I would highly recommend this amazing caterer to anybody wanting a guaranteed successful event. Jennifer was a star to work with.

Anna · Married on 06/10/2018

Elaine Bell Catering was wonderful for our wedding. From the moment I spoke with Liz at EBC I felt at ease and excited to plan our wedding food. We worked with Jennifer for most of our planning and she was also superb! We came up with a menu that was fun and creative and that suited our California and Southern backgrounds and they really worked to meet our budget. The mini chicken and waffles were amazing and so perfect for our wedding! Everyone commented on how much they enjoyed the food. Jennifer also went above and beyond to help execute my vision for our cheese display for our cocktail hour! They sent us home with the cutest cooler filled with goodies for munching on the next day too. I was super excited about the cooler and will be using it for all kinds of picnics in the future!

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2017

Amazing start to finish

I found them online and actually booked before we taste tested since we live out of state. One of the best decisions I made. Richard was a dream and so much fun to work with. One of our wedding themes was travel, so I was determined to do stations around the world. We had Spanish paella, a taco bar, dim sum, and southern comfort. Southern comfort was for our less adventurous guests and I was not as excited about that station, until I tasted the food. Best fried chicken and mac and cheese I have ever had. The day of our wedding I barely ate with nerves and being busy, so was so so glad we had taste tested everything and it was all, without fail, delicious. Amazing. Having had plenty of work chicken dinners, I was determined some something different and they did not disappoint. Excellent quality of food, and our venue was a barn in a vineyard so it did not have a kitchen, they brought all the infrastructure they needed with them. Beautiful presentation as well, and tons of food. People still talk about the amazing food at our wedding.

Patrice · Married on 06/03/2017

After looking at what seemed like endless caterers, my husband and I went with Elaine Bell for our wedding at the Bently Reserve this past June – and between the food and the service, we could not recommend them more highly.

Our catering manager, Stephanie, was incredible. She worked with us tirelessly on our menu, offering suggestions and making adjustments until everything sounded perfect -- and everything we tried at our tasting was even better than they sounded. We genuinely loved every single appetizer and entrée we tasted (we highly recommend the tuna tartare cones and the mini cheeseburgers, in particular).

Even better, we found that the quality of the food remained consistent and tasted just as good at the wedding itself, something our wedding planner told us is not always the case. Our guests raved about everything they served – especially the mini donuts they made on-site for dessert. Brides and grooms, do yourselves a favor and GET THE DONUT MACHINE. It was such a fun, unique treat for the wedding; and it kept serving hot, delicious goodies well into the evening to keep our guests happy all night long.

And on top of the excellent food, the service we experienced with Stephanie and her team, both throughout the process and during the wedding itself, was truly unparalleled. Everyone was super professional and genuinely seemed to care about the work they put into the evening. They were definitely a huge part of making our wedding perfect!

Cara and her team were outstanding. The food was incredible and her staff's execution was wonderful. They were polite, professional, and made all of my guests feel like guests. I would recommend them to anyone.

Oh wow, I don't even know where to begin with Elaine Bell. Just hire them! They were a dream to work with, so easy, flexible, and low-stress. their food is incredible, our guests are still raving about their meals, and their staff is professional, prompt, and so pleasant to work with. We live in Phoenix, AZ so we needed to hire a caterer that could work with us long-distance and work with our wedding coordinator and venue. When we met with Cara for our tasting, she was professional, nice, and very informative. She made planning our wedding so seamless and easy, it took a lot of stress off of us and let us enjoy the weekend. They are true professionals in every sense and they provide you with the highest quality food and service. Our wedding was amazing and a dream come true, and a lot of that can be attributed due to Elaine Bell. I would hire them again in a heartbeat for any type of event, and I definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer in wine country.

Adam · Married on 10/11/2014

Absolutely perfect. 6 stars if I could. Food was like fine dining, service was incredible.

Debbe was an awesome account manager, and was very helpful in selecting my menu, making sure we had a strong set of dishes that worked well together. I'm a foodie, but planning for a ton of hors d'oeuvres and courses was difficult, and Debbe did a great job helping me through (and dealing with my waffling).

Our tasting was really nice, they have a great location and great service, and really made us feel like we'd be taken care of. We had notes on some of the dishes (add more cheese to this, a little more soy here) and they delivered.

The Food - Amazing. Everyone at our wedding raved about the food. "Wedding food usually sucks, this was like fine dining!" they said. The crown royale braised short rib entree was just out of this world. It was one of my favorite things I've eaten since living in the Bay Area, and I was just so proud (as a food snob) to have had it at my wedding. We had 5 hors d'oeuvres and all were awesome.

The Service - Perfect. During cocktail hour, they sent servers to bring us appetizers to make sure we were well fed (they knew we'd barely have any time). Service was excellent during dinner - our guests said they could tell who were the pros vs. the venue staff. And finally, after the wedding they provided us with a beautiful picnic bag full of snacks, cheese, desserts, and a whole tray of pate that was used in my wife's favorite hors d'oeuvre of the night.

Elaine Bell did a fantastic job.

My husband and I just got married in August, and after 11 months of planning I could not be more impressed with the day of execution. From the awesome staff, to the perfect presentations and timeline to the amazing food, the day could not have turned out better. We worked with Richard throughout the whole planning process, and having been born and raised in the Napa Valley, and knowing exactly what I always wanted for my special day, I have to say he was a complete dream to work with and his dedication showed through. It was truly an incredible day and I have to say a majority of that was due in part to such perfect catering. I will definitely be using Elaine Bell again in the future, as will my guests that lived in the area, the food left that big of an impact. THANK YOU AGAIN EB TEAM!!!

Everyone raved about the food! Chad helped us and just took care of everything. He went well beyond expected. We loved the mini cheeseburgers as the late night snack. Perfect!

Morgan · Married on 10/06/2013

I loved working with Emily at Elaine Bell catering, and I couldn't have been happier with the food at my wedding. Emily was reliable and full of good ideas. She helped my now-husband and me come up with ideas for a scotch-bar and even suggested special ice cubes and a fun display. And the food at the wedding was so good that my wedding guests are still talking about it three weeks later. The baby rack of lamb hors d'oeuvres and the ice cream sandwiches were the biggest hits.

Cheyenne · Married on 10/05/2013

Absolutely delicious food, beautiful presentations, and a fantastic staff and event coordinator (Richard Earl), we couldn't have been happier with Elaine Bell Catering. It was very important to me and my husband that the food at our wedding be excellent, and that is exactly what we got with Elaine Bell. After several tastings with various caterers in the Bay Area, they stood head and shoulders above the rest with regard to both the taste and visual appeal of the food, and also the ease of communicating with them - it made our decision easy, and the fact that their food and ingredients reflect our love of Northern California's cuisine and its focus on local and organic made us even happier. Working with Richard Earl throughout the wedding planning process was a pleasure - he was unfailingly responsive, helpful and pleasant, and very, very knowledgeable. We came into this without the first idea of how to plan such an event, and knowing that a great deal of the success of the afternoon and evening rested in the hands of the Elaine Bell staff gave us peace of mind. During and after the wedding we received many compliments on both the food and the professionalism and kind attentiveness of the staff. The latter I particularly noted, as well, even in the midst of what was an incredible whirl of a night. We highly recommend Elaine Bell Catering!

David · Married on 02/16/2013

Elaine Bell catered our rehearsal dinner. The food was wonderful, and Chad was a joy to work with.

I atended a friends wedding in Napa and Elaine Bell was the caterer, it was magnificent!

Erica · Married on 08/18/2012

We had a great experience with Elaine Bell. From our first tasting, to all of the details in between, they were helpful and always willing to answer questions. Everyone raved about the food the night of the wedding, as we knew they would! I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Susan · Married on 08/04/2012

We had a very positive experience with Elaine Bell catering and especially Amanda Gall, who directed our tasting and was the EB coordinator for our daughter's wedding. Mandy was delightful to work with, responsive and professional and very flexible with some of the changes and additions we made to the contract.
    The food and service provided by Elaine Bell at the wedding was just delicious and the food which was served family style was hot and served quickly. I could not recommend them more highly.

I was planning a destination wedding from Texas. They did a great job working with our scheduled visit to California, and did a wonderful job. The food was one of the best features of the night! I have family members STILL talking about the appetizers! GREAT to work with and brought great ideas, as well as worked with my ideas. Farm fresh ingredients and local flair made it delicious!

Kristin · Married on 05/20/2012

I cannot say enough about how amazing Elaine Bell was. We tasted at a total of 4 different caterers in the Napa Valley area and Elaine Bell was the best. And when it came down to the final cost they were not really anymore expensive than the others we looked at. During the whole planning process we worked with Rachel and she was extremely helpful and always on top of things. A week before the wedding we had a couple special requests and they had no problem accommodating us.
    The service was amazing the day of the event. They even had someone who was designated to bring myself and my husband appetizers while we were having our photos taken so that we got to taste everything. They also made sure the wedding party had some appetizers as well. The dinner was delicious, just how we remembered it from our tasting. A lot of our guests commented on how good everything was! All of Elaine Bell's staff was friendly and always had a smile on their face during the whole event. And then at the end of the night, they had packed a really nice picnic bag with food and wine and put it in our room so that we had a late night snack if we wanted it. I could not be more happy with our choice of caterer and would recommend them to anyone who is getting married in the Napa Valley area.

Mandy · Married on 05/28/2011

Food and cocktails were amazing. Our guests could not believe how good it was! They were very professional and well organized staff that made our wedding reception and cocktail hour flawless. At the end of the night, they even gave us a little picnic basket with snacks...so thoughtful!

• skier191

Mark · Married on 08/01/2010

Initially, Elaine Bell was the in house caterer for our venue. However, we later discovered that our venue would no longer use Elaine Bell on the date of our wedding. So based only on the reviews and awards that Elaine Bell Catering has acquired, we changed our wedding date.

THE BEST THING WE DID. The food at the wedding was exactly as presented to us during our tasting. Even better, the food tasted just as we expected from the tasting. The food was the quality and taste of a five star upscale restaurant. In addition to the taste of the food, the presentation was amazing. Everything was perfectly placed as if a piece of art on a plate. The appetizers were rich with taste and perfection as well.

During the planning process, Elaine Bell was helpful, attentive, responsive and highly professional. During the wedding, Elaine Bell and her staff made sure the entire progression of the wedding went smoothly and just as we had planned.

We would highly recommend Elaine Bell Catering to anyone planning a wedding or special event. We always felt like important customers.

Andrea · Married on 07/25/2009

Thee food was the best ever! People still talk about how great the food was at our wedding :)

Mary Beth · Married on 06/15/2009

Elaine Bell catering was fantastic! They listened to our requests and worked with us to create a wonderful, unique and incredibly delicious wedding menu. All our guests commented on the professionalism of the servers and the beautiful presentation, as well as the great taste, of the food. When we ran out of chocolate dessert, they made a substitute that was so good everyone wanted the recipe. They even made a special plate for a guest who had allergies to some of their dishes. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Myriah · Married on 06/06/2009

The Elaine Bell Catering staff was amazing at my Napa wedding! They were extremely attentive and accommodating during the months leading up to our big day; their service and professionalism was outstanding! We had one guest that has severe gluten allergies and I asked them to let me know which dishes she could eat from. Instead, they prepared her an entire gluten-free meal, at no extra charge! They also had their servers bring passed appetizers to the wedding party during the picture taking, since we were missing the cocktail reception. The meal was incredible, and the guests couldn't stop raving (especially about the butternut squash ravioli!!!!)! At the end of the night they even made a to-go bag for my new husband and I, filled with the gourmet cheeses, cake, etc. When we got home we opened the bag to find out it contained entire picnic supplies, forks, plates, glasses, etc. They were truly above and beyond and I would recommend them to anyone getting married in San Francisco or the Wine country!!!

Myriah · Married on 06/06/2009

Laura · Married on 09/20/2008

The Food and Service from Elaine Bell was exceptional! Everyone commented on how great the food was at the wedding. I highly recommend them!