39 Reviews for Effortless Events

Budget Analysis (2)
Full Planning (2)
Guest List (1)
39 Effortless Events Reviews

I hired Cindy as my day-of coordinator for our June 2018 wedding at The Langham in Chicago based on recommendations from the venue. Cindy was ultra responsive and organized from the beginning. She came into the city early on so we could meet to walk through every detail about the wedding weekend, which helped me identify all the little things I hadn't even thought about yet. Cindy would check in every so often in the months leading up to the wedding and was always responsive on text or email if I needed to run something by her. She was much more than a day-of coordinator, she was a resource in picking florists, favors, and even saved us a few hundred dollars by coordinating a limo through a company cheaper than what I had found. She reviewed all of our vendor contracts to make sure we were getting a fair deal and provided a guide to help me figure our appropriate gratuity amounts for our vendors. On the actual wedding day, Cindy had 2 assistants with her to help manage everything. Someone was always present but never in the way. She made the day easy and stress free to me, my family, and my bridal party.

As Cindy will tell you, her style is no-nonsense. She isn't afraid to tell you what she thinks while still respecting your opinion. She gave me great, candid feedback on certain vendors when I was making my selections which I found really helpful. She is professional and polite but straight forward. I love her style, especially in the wedding scene where everyone seems to sugar coat everything. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Teri, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Cindy and her team worked so hard to make our reception party a major success! They helped us from start to finish to make the entire process as easy and stress free as it could be when planning outdoor reception party for October. Effortless Events made sure that despite 8 inches of rain, the party went off without a major hitch. We enjoyed working with Cindy, Tiffany, and Danielle. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Thank you Cindy and Team for making my wedding perfect!!

Profile Picture Isabella, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Cindy and her team were truly the BEST decision I made for my wedding. I spoke with Cindy before hiring her and explained my budget and what I needed and she was able to accommodate me very reasonably so that I could get everything I needed and wanted. EE (Effortless Events) had fantastic vendor recommendations, I highly suggest working with only EE recommended vendors, those who weren't fell far short of the standard her vendors set. The EE Team met with me, my mother and the groom to go over the wedding sometime before the wedding, and the knowledge they showed was astounding, the epitome of event professionals. Now for my event, my wedding was PERFECT, and it is all due to Cindy and her team, our venue lost power, they were lighting lanterns and creating ambient mood lighting so good, that by the time the power came on, I asked them to dim it! My florist did not build the arbor correctly and it fell, Cindy's team fixed it. I had a vendor (non-EE recommended) that turned out to be a no-show/scam, Cindy was able to find a replacement for my wedding with barely 48 hours notice. Not only did Cindy and her team solve all these issues discreetly (I don't think our guests ever knew anything went wrong!) but they still took the time to go above and beyond! With such things like our venue being pepsi (oh no!) and her team finding me (the bride) coca-cola to have at my wedding! Cindy and her team were truly an island of sanity for me throughout the planning process, I was able to call and email her regarding any concerns I had and they were always fully prepared with resolutions. As long as Effortless Events is available, I will use them for any event I ever put on, no question. I will be recommending them to everybody I know. Thank you Cindy and Team for making my wedding perfect!!

Profile Picture Izzy, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Effortless Events promises phenomenal wedding planning from start to finish. We went with their 6-week-out package and were treated to expert advice, comprehensive coordination and invaluable support every step of the way. Cindy and Danielle are top-of-the-line wedding planners and tailor their services to meet your every need as a wedded-couple-to-be. Whether you book them for 1 week out or 6 weeks out, Effortless will be there to ensure your big day goes off without a hitch. Ours was perfect and it's thanks in no small part to the help of this awesome wedding-planning duo!

Profile Picture User7173240, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

After my daughter got engaged we booked several vendors as we planned the wedding. We decided a planner would be useful to guide us through the process and we were thrilled with the service we received from Cindy and Danielle. We had several meetings and countless emails in the 6 weeks before the big event. They were professional, full of fantastic ideas and saved us so much time with all of their experience to draw upon.
Beginning at the rehearsal Cindy and her assistant took charge. I felt able to relax and be present at the mass and reception. I don't know how a mother of the bride does it on her own. I feel I would have missed so many moments that are now etched in my memory forever. I can even say I felt like a guest at my own party.
It only looked effortless! I truly appreciate all their advice and insight that resulted in a magical event.

Profile Picture User7326876, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I worked with Danielle from Effortless Events, and she was truly amazing! She made the planning process so much easier- she suggested amazing vendors that I wouldn't have found on my own, kept everything incredibly organized, and offered her honest opinions without being pushy. (And she was fun to work with- bonus!) She and Cindy made the day go so smoothly, and I loved being able to enjoy the wedding without worrying. I can't recommend Effortless Events highly enough!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/30/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Guest List, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Where do I even begin with Effortless Events? When I met Cindy, Danielle, Nicole and Dana, I thought these women would just be there to help me plan my wedding. Instead, they became every "person" a bride could ever need on her wedding day and during the time leading up to it. They were friends to share ideas with, sisters to complain to and laugh with, crutches to lean on when you're feeling overwhelmed, and experts who take on a motherly role to advise you in moments of uncertainty. From the planning stages, to the end result, Effortless Events completely exceeded my expectations, and did everything in their power to ensure I had the wedding of my dreams. The moment we started working with Cindy and her team, I was finally able to enjoy planning my wedding. The first time we met with the team, my mom and I instantly felt a sense of relief. They knew exactly what they were doing, what we wanted, and what needed to be done in order to make it happen. My only regret in hiring Effortless Events was that we didn't hire them sooner than 60 days out. My main reason for hiring a wedding planner/coordinator was to ensure that my mom would be able to enjoy herself on my wedding day. I didn't want her to have to run around and keep everything organized. Cindy went above and beyond in every possible way to make sure my day was absolutely perfect. More importantly, she made sure that my mom and I were able to enjoy ourselves stress-free on the big day. Cindy and her team kept every single vendor in check. The day of the wedding, there were several vendors (venue management, photographer, dj) who were not doing what they were supposed to be doing at the correct time. I didn't even have a chance to notice because Cindy and her team had already taken care of it. They made sure that everything was exactly the way I wanted before I even arrived to the reception site. To Cindy and all the girls at Effortless Events, thank you for making my day absolutely incredible.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Cindy and Danielle make for a great team that consistently went above and beyond in every single aspect of planning/coordinating our special day. We could not have entrusted a better duo to make sure every single aspect of the wedding, down to the most granular detail, was well thought out and absolutely perfect. They had solutions to problems we didn't even think we would have and they truly gave us tons of amazing advice. If you are planning a wedding in the Chicagoland area, look no further, Effortless Events more than lives up to its name; Cindy and Danielle will guide you through the entire process and somehow manage to turn a daunting task into a truly "effortless" experience.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If you're looking for an amazing wedding/event planner, look no further. Cindy is, hands down, the most knowledgeable planner in this area and her team is amazing (Danielle and Nicole). I am so incredibly glad that we hired her. Even though we had a 20-month engagement, I knew I wasn't an event planner -- especially when it came to weddings. Cindy, on the other hand, has planned well over 400 weddings (many of them at my venue) and she's an expert. She knows all the best vendors and will not settle for anything less than the best for you. That is one of my favorite things about her. Cindy will be your champion when it comes to vendor interactions, making sure that your day is *your* day and that you get what you asked for.

I could not have imagined that day coming together any better than it did. Leading up to the wedding, I didn't need to feel anxious about anything because Cindy took care of everything -- vendor emails, receiving contracts/invoices, keeping us on track. I didn't feel worried about the schedule on the day of, because Cindy was there with her amazing team, keeping everything moving as smoothly as it was supposed to. I attribute that to Cindy's fantastic planning. Even better, so many of our guests came up to me to tell me that our wedding was the best they'd ever been to. I know that Cindy played a huge role in creating a wonderful experience for our guests.

While she offers large and small packages, I recommend you at least get her partial planning services. You won't regret it. She will help you with vendor appointments if need be, and she will be there for you every step of the way. I have no idea how everything would have come together without her guidance and expertise. She knows everyone in the industry, and you will have access to a whole world of knowledge you never knew existed. I can neither recommend her highly enough, nor thank her enough for giving me a perfect wedding day. She is a rockstar, and a wedding planner to boot.

Profile Picture Sahana, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

When searching for a wedding planner, we had little information of what we needed and wanted. As a gay couple, it was very important to find a planner that was experienced, flexible and was the right fit. After interviewing several planners, we met Cindy and Danielle and seemed to click right away. We purchased the "six weeks out" package and felt that it was a good value for the money. Both Cindy and Danielle were available before the six weeks to answer the many questions that came up and were happy to offer advice on vendors via e-mail. Overall, they are very professional and were very flexible in helping us find more non-traditional elements to make our wedding more personalized to our tastes. Cindy and Danielle have a great knowledge of the industry and a long list of vendors that were willing to work within our budget.

Cindy and Danielle work wonderfully as a team. Cindy brings an enormous amount of industry knowledge and Danielle adds a wonderful personality and super friendly attitude. Leading up to the wedding, they were very attentive and extremely detail oriented. The day of the wedding, they added an extra person to help coordinate everything correctly. Overall, the wedding ran smoothly and we never had to worry about a thing.

It's important to note, that since we purchased the six week package, vendor selection wasn't included. So we had to do that on our own. However, Danielle and Cindy were both available when we had questions or needed assistance, and even offered suggested vendors to us at no additional fee.

Overall, we were very pleased with the services provided from Effortless Events. I believe it was a good value for the money (especially based on the other planners we interviewed). Both Cindy and Danielle have wonderful personalities and work well as a team. I would definitely recommend them and was happy they helped create one of the best days of my life.

Profile Picture Nick, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Cindy and Danielle helped us with our 6/11/16 wedding and they were one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. We chose the partial package. From the first phone call I felt comfortable. We had spoke to other wedding planners prior to our decision but when I spoke to Cindy I knew she was what I was looking for. She was confident, lead the conversation, but in a way that made me feel like we were working together. That is what I wanted. Someone I could trust their advice but yet still give my opinions and questions. They had quality vendor recommendations in a variety of price ranges, many of whom hired. They keep a day of plan that keeps evolving as the day gets closer and something I could refer to when emailing the bridal party or answering questions. The last few months they really took control of managing my concerns and kept me on track with what I needed to complete and what was already completed. By day of, I really wasn't worried about things running smoothly. I appreciate all the time they took meeting with us, the countless emails the answered (and probably re-answered as they wedding got nearer and I got nervous) and the phone calls with random questions. Nothing was missed, forgotten, left out and no person was out of place when it came to that wedding. I highly recommend both of them and would not have changed any part of our experience with them.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Danielle Kuhn at Effortless Events in connection with our April 2016 wedding at the Thornhill Education Center at the Morton Arboretum and were thrilled and delighted with their services! I knew I needed someone for "Day Of" coordination because I wanted my family and loved ones to just sit back and enjoy the day without needing to worry about how all the moving parts would come together. I came across Effortless Efforts because they were a recommended vendor of our venue. After an initial inquiry they told me about the "Essentials" package which was really everything we needed, at a lower price point within our budget. But even with the Essentials package, we received a lot more than just Danielle's help on the actual day. Danielle's advice and familiarity with the venue was so valuable to us and we are so grateful to her. Danielle's philosophy is to make sure we are aware of all our options (and potential pitfalls) so that we can make fully informed choices. So she pointed out certain things to us that we might want to consider adding, but then was completely respectful and not pushy at all if we decided against her recommendation. But in many cases we took her recommendations because they were grounded in experience and wisdom (i.e., she recommended we add more appetizers and late night snacks and we were so glad we did because they were gobbled up by hungry guests).

Danielle met with me two times in downtown Chicago (close to my office) to help me with planning (and she offered to meet more frequently if I needed it); she provided us with a detailed Day Of Schedule that I never would have thought to do, and would have needed to do a lot of Googling to put together on my own. On the wedding day, both Danielle and her colleague Cindy were there to help! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Profile Picture C, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

When my fiance and I chose to have our wedding at the Morton Arboretum and started exploring day-of coordinator options, there was one clear choice for who that would be: Effortless Events. We couldn’t have been happier to have found Cindy and Danielle! With over 90+ weddings at the Arboretum under their belt (just one venue where they have significant experience), we immediately felt confident in them. Throughout the planning process, my parents, fiance and I constantly talked about how grateful we were to have Cindy and Danielle. And it couldn't have been truer on the actual day, which unfolded without

Engaging Effortless Events was one of the single best investments in our wedding. They lifted the burden of having to know “what do we do next?” or “where do we go?” and let us fully be present in our wedding day - which is everyone’s dream!

One surprise of the planning process was figuring out all of the transitions and timing of the wedding day, especially as we were hosting 230+ people to our wedding and shuttling 100+ of them to and from the nearby hotel. Lucky for us, we had Effortless Events to advise and revise multiple day-of itineraries - and arrive at was truly a joyful, smooth day for us, the wedding party and all of our guests.

We worked with Danielle Kuhn primarily in planning all of the logistics and vendor coordination as part of the 6 week package, and she is fantastic. Danielle is highly responsive, detail-oriented yet keeps the big picture in mind, patient, flexible, and on top of things. She draws from experience with many clients and can therefore offer input, but is never pushy. Not to mention she is lovely as a person to work with!

I highly recommend Danielle and Cindy to any bride and groom-to-be who want to truly have a day that feels effortless - that elusive quality that is found in their combination of experience, organization, precision, and genuine happiness for their clients on the most important day of their lives.

Profile Picture Claire, 3/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I hired Effortless Events this year for my daughter's upcoming wedding in 2015 and am so happy I did! Cindy Shanholtz, the owner, is not only great to work with, she has already saved me so much time and money. Her industry contacts are top-notch, her negotiating skills for contracts amazing and she is the most organized individual I have ever met. Many of my friends said, "don't you want to plan everything yourself?" I am planning it, with Cindy's expert guidance! EE has the leverage to get the best prices because, as Cindy says, EE is repeat business for vendors, unlike using them on your own. EE will actually save me much their fee, due to their expert negotiations. EE does all the research on vendors, sets up your appointments, reviews all contracts and generally keeps you sane and on track. If you do one thing for yourself in planning a wedding, hire Effortless Events...you won't be sorry!

Profile Picture Rita, 9/26/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am the father of the bride for an extraordinary wedding last weekend at Moonlight Studios in Chicago. We worked with Cindy Shanholtz, owner of Effortless Events Chicago.

This was Cindy's 358th wedding. Her expertise was evident. Cindy is thoughtful, cordial, accessible, approachable, communicative, informed, and importantly, well known and respected by the various vendors that have a hand in weddings and receptions.

It’s a challenge to negotiate directly with event vendors because they know they will never see you again. But they know Cindy and understand she has influence over their selection. So they listen to her about how things will be done and what charges are unreasonable.

Cindy is a phenomenal producer, organizer, scheduler and strategic thinker, who used her experience to anticipate what could go wrong and made sure nothing did.

Our wedding party knew exactly when and where they needed to be, and what the big picture looked like during the week of the wedding, for the rehearsal and dinner, and for the big day itself. Cindy was readily accessible if a question came up.

No one likes eating dinner at 10 p.m. at a wedding reception when it's supposed to be served at 7:30. I don't know how she did it, but Cindy kept our reception to within 10 minutes of the minute-by-minute "day-of" schedule. She would have been right on target had I given a shorter welcome speech!

If you want to lower your stress in the wedding planning process, and partner with a talented professional who is easy to work with and can help make your family wedding a huge success, I cannot give a strong enough endorsement of Cindy and Effortless Events Chicago.

Cindy, Caroline, Danielle and Kelsey - you were fabulous. I would give Effortless Events Chicago 10 stars if I could!

We can't thank you enough for making an extraordinary day even better. Thank you! Thank you!

Have anyone contact me directly if they want to hear more. –John Kula

Profile Picture John, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Effortless Events flawlessly executed our vision for our recent wedding at the Boise Train Depot. I have had many people comment that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to...it was truly amazing & worth every penny. I know it was probably one of the most laborious and complex weddings they have done and they did a great job pulling their team together to make it happen. I am giving 5 stars as they were able to pull it off without a hitch (as far as I know;) and at the end of the day that is all that really maters. I think as their company matures and they have more weddings under their belt, they will become even better. There were a few small things that I may provide feedback on privately, however, overall we are thrilled with how everything turned out. Thank you Stephanie & Cassie for all your hard work and ensuring the decor, schedule and theme were exactly as I had envisioned!!!

Profile Picture Tami, 9/19/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Danielle and the crew at Effortless Events Provided top notch service, we could not have planned the wedding without her help! The day of our wedding, she was the first person at the venue and the last to leave. She was prompt, always available, and the detailed wedding timeline put us at ease that the day of would go without any problems. Without a doubt, I would use Effortless Events again!

Thank you Danielle for all your hard work!!

Profile Picture User5497490, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I planned my Midwest (Wisconsin barn/farm) wedding remotely while living in California, and made two trips back to the Chicago and Milwaukee area to meet with vendors -- during one of the trips, I met with Cindy because I was looking for someone to help with day-of coordination. I was referred to Cindy by the owners of the venue because they said she was extremely organized and had years of experience working with caterers that would be invaluable on our big day. After meeting, I hired Effortless Events for day-of coordination as well as additional coordination (i.e. timelines, logistics) services in the month leading up to the wedding. We were beyond happy to have Cindy and her assistants Danielle and MacKenzie keeping everything running smoothly so we didn't have to worry about anything on our wedding day. In short, my husband and I couldn't have pulled off the vision for the day without Cindy and her team running a tight ship! If there were any issues happening behind the scenes, I didn't know it because they kept things running smoothly and were very calm and attentive -- we loved every moment of our wedding celebration and had a fantastic time! And we heard nothing but great things about the Effortless Events team from our guests, including raves from a very happy mom who had her food cut for her (by the EE team) while she took care of her two-month-old baby in her arms. Everything went so smoothly, and people had an absolute blast and wanted the party to continue! We couldn't have done it without this team!

Profile Picture Karen, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

As the manager of a Beatlea Tribute band that performed at a wedding put together by Danielle Kuhn of Effortless Events, here are our thoughts. Bare in mind that we have performed at many weddings, so we have seen a bit of it all, both good and not so good.

What a beautiful event, and Danielle made our job easy. In the world of weddings, this was one of the smoothest we've ever experienced. So often we arrive to find major complications in set up....ranging from the stage being fully in use with no space left for us to no aisles being available to move our gear through. It can be crazy. But she had everything well planned....it was super easy. Also impressive, the event stayed on schedule. We are used to weddings running severely behind. So kudos to Danielle's planning skills! And the details of the event were equally impressive, in particular the transformation of the a barn/mess hall at a summer camp into a setting worthy of the top celebrity weddings. It would be our pleasure to work with Danielle again in the future.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our daughter got married August 2015. The smartest thing we did was hire Effortless Events. Because our daughter and her fiancé wanted a specific caterer and a specific location, everything had to be “a la carte.” By that I mean there was the wedding ceremony venue, the reception venue, photographer, 2 caterers, a tent, a restroom trailer, flowers, tables, linens, air conditioning, even a generator! There is NO WAY this event could have taken place without a hitch if it wasn’t for Cindy and her team at Effortless Events. Cindy was out at the venue every week talking with the staff or meeting a vendor out there to look over the place. Cindy has connections with so many vendors that we never would have had. She was able to find an obscure beer that the groom wanted and the main beer vendor couldn’t find. She and her team have so much experience doing these events that it just takes all the worry away from the bride, groom and parents! Again there is NO WAY we could have planned this wedding and put it on ourselves. Effortless Events came through with amazing vendors. REVEL Décor transformed the bare hall into a beautiful room with café lighting and gorgeous flower arrangements. Cindy had worked with REVEL before and knew they were fantastic. Everything Cindy and her team did took stress away from us. We were able to really enjoy the day with our family and friends. Thank you Effortless Events!

Profile Picture Heidi, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Effortless Events is a PREMIER wedding planning company in the Chicago suburbs. We found Cindy and her company by googling wedding planners in Naperville, IL after a day of outrageously expensive planners in Chicago.

When we asked about her pricing and what the full package included, she said she'd do anything we needed, period, no questions asked. Cindy joined us for meetings with vendors, orchestrated contracts with vendors, advised on design and handled any task that was too stressful or time consuming for my mom and I. She answered emails and phone calls at all hours of the night.

And most importantly, she made sure we had the wedding of our dreams and every detail was exactly what we asked for. In the industry, so many vendors like to do things a certain way "because they know best" or "because that's the way it's always been done." We wanted a wedding unlike any other, and that's exactly what we had. Because Cindy made sure every vendor understood this was our wedding, not theirs.

Our wedding was at the Medinah Country Club and because of Cindy's advice and expertise, the manager told us, it was the most beautiful event they have ever hosted.

We love Cindy, she is part of the family now, and days after the wedding, we're still laughing and sharing stories about the perfect day!

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Planning my daughter's wedding with Cindy was a wonderful experience. We worked very well together. Cindy respected my opinions, and I valued hers. Her attention to detail is second to none. My daughter's wedding was everything I I visioned and more. I have four children, therefore I will be planning three more weddings with Cindy sometime in he future!

Profile Picture Susan , 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Where do I begin? I'll start with our original plan to marry in California...then Colorado....then Charleston, SC....then, finally, Mexico! The common denominator along the way, was Cindy. We've said it time and time again, there is no way, not a chance, we could have pulled off our wedding without her. Whether we did local or destination, we needed her. We met her through my friend, who also hired Cindy for her Chicago wedding, and we're beyond grateful we made the decision to do business with her and trust her with our big day. She took care of every single detail and listened to my ideas. She has our wedding day binder to prove it. Not to mention how fun it was to plan the wedding with her. She's fun, has the best sense of humor, knows what's she's doing and doesn't take any you know what from anyone. She's in charge and that's exactly what we were looking for. Planning our Mexico beachy wedding from Chicago was not the easiest task, but Cindy did what she did best and planned it perfectly. I felt so comfortable with her. She knows what works, what doesn't and how to use my ideas. Here's the deal, if you're doing a destination wedding, you NEED a planner. You want to enjoy your time with the friends and family who have spent time and money to come out and celebrate you. If we didn't have our girl Cindy, we would have been inside the hotel going over details, stressing, making welcome bags, everything but being with our guests. She took all of our worries away and we were able to enjoy ourselves. We are forever thankful for her hard work and diligence. If you're planning a wedding (congrats, btw) set up a meeting with Cindy. She is eager, ready to help plan the best party of your life and will help ease the stress. I highly recommend her services, she made planning our wedding so much fun and took the immense pressure off, basically she rocks the wedding planner industry! Oh, did I mention we came in way under budget because of her? :)

Profile Picture Lauren , 12/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Considering today is exactly 48 days past my wedding, I think it's safe to say I'm a procrastinator. Cindy is a life saver, and exactly the kind of planner we needed. I was a bit unorganized, a bit behind (in booking vendors, making decisions, etc) and incredibly overwhelmed until we met Cindy. From our very first meeting, she eased our anxiety and made sure everything was accomplished effectively and efficiently. When my mom and I first considered a wedding planner, we assumed it was a luxury. I absolutely believe today that it was a necessity (with the right planner). Cindy brought her extensive experience to the table and helped us above and beyond making the day perfect. For example, suggesting we ask for 1-2 more hours from the photographer on wedding day in lieu of an engagement session- and an additional hors d'oeuvre instead of the intermezzo (not just for a better value, but because it keeps the dinner service on pace). There are things we wouldn't have been able to think of (or save on) without Cindy. She kept us on pace, made sure everything was done perfectly and on time, and cracked the whip when necessary. :) Making sure family and friends were where they needed to be when they needed to be there would NOT have happened without Cindy. Lastly, I was nervous about the whole planning process since my mom and I have different styles and personalities. I am incredibly impulsive and could see two bouquets, pick one, and be done with it. My mom is thorough and could have met with hundreds of florists. Cindy made sure I took the time and consideration needed to make bigger decisions, at the same time keeping us moving and checking things off the list. She knows her stuff, gets it done, and doesn't settle for anything less than perfect. My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, largely in part to Cindy. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Jenny, 10/12/13, 7 Reviews