Edwards Catering Reviews

51 | Richmond, VA

51 Reviews for Edwards Catering

• Holly

Holly · Married on 10/10/2020

Edwards Catering was a breath of fresh air! The owner Sam Edwards was so helpful, reassuring and flexible. Upon meeting Sam, we knew we were in good hands. He helped us come up with a menu to suit our tastes and budget. The food was delicious and hot (which was amazing for a buffet). They even arranged for a small meal (complete with our favorite drinks!) to be waiting for us in the honeymoon suite after the reception. Everything was great and working with Edwards Catering was just so easy. I would highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Natalie Z. · Married on 09/15/2020

Food is the best around!

We used Sam Edwards catering for our wedding, and they were spectacular. Their communication in the beginning stages of inquiring was not good, to the point we initially decided to not use them. Please don’t let that deter you from continuing to reach out. They do so many weddings that they have a tough time keeping up with general inquiries - I DO think that is something I would recommend be adjusted because their food is unmatched and you will be blown away. We did four food trials. I am a Food-ie while my husband is an insanely picky eater so we had a tough time finding something we both wanted. I did 3 other trials before Edwards and then after tasting his food hands down was the one for us. He made us a chicken Marsala - I don’t like mushrooms nor do I like chicken Marsala at all. It was so delicious not only did I add it to the menu but I had it for dinner that entire week after the trial. Their grapefruit glazed salmon AMAZING, mashed potatoes unreal. He will also make whatever you want. Have a picky eater? He will make them their own special plate. At the end of the evening we got back to the hotel and were STARVING only to look through our gifts and one was from their team wrapped in a nice pretty bow. Wouldn’t you know it was two take home meals with Tupperware, silverware and drinks. It blew us away, and I was finally able to EAT after a long night of dancing and partying.

They were also insanely accommodating and very knowledgeable about weddings. They supplied our linens, silverware and bartenders along with the food. Everyone was wonderful. Even with covid restrictions.

My suggestion: look past the initial customer service. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 11/16/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/17/2019

You NEED Edwards Catering

We used Edwards Catering for our wedding and I cannot say enough good things! I am vegan and wanted to make sure I had some options other than salad at my wedding. Sam provided amazingly delicious vegan food for myself and a wonderful variety of options for the rest of the wedding guests. We had several guests coming up to us telling us just how delicious all of the food was! Sam also created special pepperoni pizza appetizers for our cocktail hour for my husband!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Emilee · Married on 05/24/2019

One Word: YUM!

I requested quotes from a multitude of vendors but Sam and his staff came out clear on top! Not only is Edwards Catering very affordable, but Sam is very honest about the extra "fees" that come with catering. There are no hidden expenses, he lays it all out on the table. He has a great selection to choose from, and honestly you can't go wrong with any of his options. We were so very pleased with Edwards Catering!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Rebekah H. · Married on 05/19/2019

Excellent Food and Service

Sam Edwards catered my wedding in May 2019, and I cannot recommend Edwards Catering highly enough! Sam was professional and easy to work with, and his staff was amazing as well. Everyone was very attentive, and the setup was absolutely beautiful. I had multiple people compliment the food and tell me that it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten! Thank you, Sam, for the excellent food and service!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Flawless!! So so very pleased!!!

From start to finish, Sam and his staff were absolutely impeccable. We just recently had Edward's Catering host our wedding at St. Ann's Catholic Church, and we truly couldn't have asked for a more professional and outgoing group of folks that made our guests feel welcomed and well cared for. Sam first met with us at his home where he immediately won us over, and throughout the entire planning process he was always ready to answer questions or concerns. We asked Sam and his crew to serve a cocktail hour and a buffet dinner, both turned out beautifully. We also had a beer and wine bar in which we hired one of Sam's bartenders...this too worked perfectly. All of the staff members were immensely helpful, and always ready to take care of any needs of our guests. Ever since the wedding, I've been receiving major compliments from all of our friends and family. Three major highlights of the night for me personally: First, when we began taking pictures following the wedding ceremony, two members of the staff came out to us (the wedding party) delivering some appetizers and water- it was awesome! Second, after spending a good deal of time out on the dance floor cutting a rug I realized I desperately needed some water. The second the words came out of my mouth... "I need water", Sam was right there holding a few ice cold glasses for myself and others- again awesome! Third, at the end of the night after all was said and done...Sam sent us off to the hotel with a wonderful care package of many of the items served that evening, along with a few favorite beverages of ours- perfectly awesome! Overall, I cannot speak highly enough about our experience with Edward's Catering. What I can say, without question though, if you choose their services...you will NOT be disappointed...more so, incredibly pleased!! Thanks so very much Sam and Company!!!

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/23/2018

Get the Mac & Cheese

First thing you should know about my husband and, especially, me, is we hate making decisions-especially decisions we don't care about. Sam and is team were SO great about making decisions for us that he knew we'd love, were inexpensive, and would fit greatly with our wedding. Every time we said "we don't care" about a decision (like the linen colors) he would say "This will look/be great and it's the cheapest option" which was perfect for us! Sam was recommended to us by not just one, but two vendors so we knew he'd be fantastic and we were so excited to have him. During dinner literally 5 people came up at once to tell me how great the macaroni and cheese was (it was incredible). One of our favorite things about Edward's catering was the care package we received when we got to our hotel. It had a little of everything from dinner, the cakes, and apps, and he even found my favorite soda (Vanilla Coke Zero) which had been discontinued at the time! His team was so kind and everyone congratulated us throughout the day which really meant a lot to me, and continuously asked if we were doing okay/needed anything. It was definitely the little things from him and his team (like decorating the trashcans) that really made it a truly spectacular day.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Malyna · Married on 05/05/2018

Our guests could not stop raving about how good the food is! We were so glad to have a to-go bag waiting for us. Sam and his team have catered two other weddings in my family, and I have never been disappointed.

Sent on 05/19/2018

Sam is really great to work with. He really knows his stuff and was on top of everything. He made sure the wedding party had drinks and food after the ceremony, during the posed photos, was very attentive to the bride and groom, his staff made sure everything ran smoothly, guests found their seats, the bar, the passed appetizers. I had zero worries and zero complaints.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Alexander L. · Married on 12/02/2017

I cannot recommend Sam Edwards and his catering services enough. I can't imagine that any caterer or restaurant can even come close to his level of personal service, menu quality and value. His cost was far below any other caterers and the quality of the food exceeded that which I have had at many a fine dining establishment. He was exceedingly lovely and accommodating to the point his help extended beyond the food, assisting me with decorations on the day. We can't thank our friend enough for recommending him to us and I hope you take our recommendation as well. I promise that you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Theresa · Married on 11/11/2017

Mr. Edwards exceeded all my expectations. He gave me needed advice, even not relevant to catering, but much appreciated. He made sure my husband and I and our kids were all taken care of during the whole event. The food was amazing. We had people coming up to us to tell us how much they enjoyed the food. He also packaged the leftover food and made my husband and I a care package with our beverage of choice and some of his yummy food. He even packaged some wedding cake for our care package. There are so many wonderful things to say in regards to Mr. Edwards and his catering company.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Shanea · Married on 08/27/2017

I hired Edwards Catering for my wedding last weekend and I'm so happy that I did! The staff was very professional and attentive. Our guest raved how amazing the food taste and the company packs a care package for the bride and groom! How sweet? As most know, the bride and groom are usually not able to enjoy their meal. I would highly recommend Edwards Catering to any bride! You cannot go wrong here!!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Danielle · Married on 08/12/2017

Sam and his crew were absolutely incredible. They were SO helpful the day of. Every single person in the staff were so nice and happy and helpful. Not to mention, the food was AMAZING. Everyone complimented us on the food and when Sam packed up the leftovers for us, we were even more pleased at how yummy it was the second day too! We fed our group for a few days and no one got tired of it! He was so helpful with set up and was extremely attentive to my needs as the bride and kept everyone hydrated and happy!! Thank you so much to Sam and Edwards catering for everything!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Alice · Married on 06/17/2017

We hired Edward's Carering for our daughter's wedding reception of about 125 guests. We were 100% pleased with their wonderful service and delicious food. Sam Edwards was so accommodating and helpful from start to finish. His staff was efficient, personable and polite. Thank you!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

This was by far the best decision for our caterer. Sam with Edwards Catering was so professional and always responsive when we had questions or wanted to make changes to our menu. The food was delicious and everyone was raving about it at the end of the night. Sam's staff was so wonderful and helpful too. It was so nice to be able to rely on Sam for the setting up of the ceremony and reception spaces on the day of. He supplied all of the linens and China needed for the big day. Sam was always there with fresh drinks for my husband and I as well as my parents. His prices were extremely reasonable for the amount of options that were provided. I will recommend Sam and his team to anyone looking for a top notch caterer.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Tamara · Married on 04/15/2017

We chose Edwards catering without tasting, and were a little nervous since all we had were the reviews on this site. However, the reviews did NOT lie. Their food is absolutely amazing - my guests all came up to me after the wedding, asking who my caterer was! In addition to delicious food, Sam's staff is out of this world. They were attentive and went above and beyond to ensure my guests had a great experience. As a bride, who had about 10,000 details to worry about, I was relieved to not worry about food. The food was great and fit our budget perfectly! If you go with this caterer, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/28/2016

If I could give this a 10-star rating, I would! Sam Edwards was so nice, accommodating, and went above and beyond our expectations. The total price sounded like a lot at first, but his price includes everything, with no hidden fees or costs. It truly is all-inclusive. We were able to use a cake cutting knife and toasting glasses provided by him, as well as all serving platters, plates, cutlery, and cups. Soft drinks, tea and ice water were also included. His food displays were beautiful and the food was DELICIOUS! Cake cutting is also included in his pricing, so no extra cake cutting fee! He also packs away food for the happy couple to take home with them, as well as any drink of choice you request. I would have him cater any event!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Melanie · Married on 06/18/2016

My husband and I met with Sam at the suggestion of our venue, The Manor House. Edwards Catering does weddings there very frequently and they are very familiar with the layout and the staff. Sam provided us with a sample menu and had great suggestions for what foods typically go over well at summer weddings. Sam was very prompt with providing us with a written proposal of costs and his company took care of the rentals for all of the linens, plates, cutlery, glasses, etc (which I very much appreciated because it made less work for me). We chose to provide our own alcohol for the event, but Sam arranged for a bar tender for us. Sam also gave us suggestions on guidelines for purchasing the right amount of alcohol.

The day of the ceremony, Sam's staff arrived very early to prepare. They set up all of the tables and put out the centerpieces. All of the food was excellent! We had cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres for our guests during our photos and Sam's staff even brought drinks and snacks out to the wedding party during photos. Sam had my husband and I go through the buffet line first so we did actually get to eat. Our favorites were the teriyaki flank steak and the watermelon salad. Sam also packed us up a to go bag of food to take back to our hotel after the wedding with a special bottle of wine. We only heard great things from our guests about the food.

We ended up paying about $28 per person for the food.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/15/2016

Sam was so great to work with. We had a bad experience with our original caterer and ended up cancelling that contract and booking with Edwards and we are so thankful we did. Sam communicated with us from the beginning and spent just as much time discussing the flow of the reception and non-food related portions of our day as the food. We could tell immediately he was invested in our wedding as a whole. Himself and his staff were all great during our reception and made sure everyone was well taken care of throughout the event. His inclusive pricing helped to know we weren't going to get a surprise bill at the end, and everything was very reasonably priced. We ended up with a bigger menu than originally planned and still had a very affordable bill. We got so many compliments on the food from everyone who attended! All around great catering company to work with!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Christie · Married on 04/23/2016

Sam was great to work with from beginning to end. Sam is very detailed oriented, organized, nice, fun, offered constructive suggestions, was courteous, professional, and more than helpful throughout the whole process. Presentation of food, tables, and bar were perfect. There were no worries on the wedding day. I would recommend Sam Edwards catering for any event.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Caitlyn · Married on 12/31/2015

My husband and I both agree that Edward's Catering was probably the best of all the wonderful wedding vendor decisions we made for our big day. Sam Edward's was incredibly professional and responsive to our requests throughout our experience with him. From our very first meeting, he was very helpful and courteous as he helped guide us to make menu decisions when we had no clue what we wanted and while respecting our wishes to make the food affordable but still have a full dinner. His suggestions and recommendations were all incredibly useful from the food, to how much liquor/beer/wine we needed, to even the overall flow of the reception event. He is incredibly experienced in Richmond weddings and even gave us recommendations on the best arrangements for tables at our lesser-known reception location. When we were setting up the day before the wedding, he hand delivered the tablecloths to the reception venue in order to accommodate my [somewhat OCD] request to set up all the table decorations and centerpieces myself. On the wedding day, he and his staff were all incredibly courteous and responsive to the needs of all of our guests - from gluten-free food requests to whatever bar drinks guests requested his bartenders to make. He personally made sure that my husband and I as well as our families always had a drink in our hand and anything else we needed. It was as if he knew what we needed before we even knew, for example, delivering us damp washcloths after my husband and I thoroughly covered each other in cake. And most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious; plenty of guests raved about it. Overall, Sam Edwards went above and beyond to make our wedding reception everything I dreamed. I truly cannot say enough of how perfect his service was (and as a bride who was very budget conscious, he was extremely affordable). If you're getting married in the Richmond area, you'd be truly lucky to have Edward's catering as a part of your big day.

Sent on 01/22/2016

Tia · Married on 11/21/2015

We had Sam cater our wedding. The food was AMAZING! All of our guests raved about how delicious it was and that is wasn't the run of the mill " wedding food". Also Sam and his team paid so much attention to detail and made our wedding party feel like royalty. During cocktail hour he made it a priority to serve our wedding party drinks and appetizers between photos and made sure during the whole reception that my husband and I always had a drink and something to eat. I highly recommend Sam Edwards catering for any event. If you want professionalism and quality at a fair price he's your guy!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Berna · Married on 08/01/2015

Edwards Catering is top notch! Sam provided excellent advice and guidance throughout the wedding planning process. His staff did a great job quickly changing the event space from ceremony to reception. They were very professional, pleasant and efficient. The food was beautifully presented and delicious.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Emily · Married on 07/18/2015

Where can I begin? Edwards Catering is above and beyond any other catering vendor I have encountered! They are phenomenal! Not having the budget to hire a wedding planner, I was concerned our wedding would lack those special touches or thoughtful decisions that come along with that role. I couldn't have been more wrong. From the beginning of the planning process to the end of our wedding, Edwards Catering thought through every detail. It was readily apparent that Sam and his team have years of experience under their belts. Sam met with us multiple times to consult about the event and plan the actual day at the reception venue. He thought of things that would have never entered my mind, such as how to control the flow of people, arrange the reception to avoid lines and congestion, pick meal choices that appeal to all guests, and personalize the meal to reflect our tastes. I was blown away by the variety of choices and the thoughtful preparation to make our wedding catering unique and purposeful. The staff was friendly and professional. They are the nicest people you will ever meet. They even cut our cake for us. In talking to other vendors who charge fees for plates, serving dishes, cake cutting, and other amenities, it was refreshing to talk to Edwards who included all of that in our one AFFORDABLE price. The team sent us on our way with goody bags of each food, cake, and personalized drinks, and then sent all of the leftovers home with my parents. Edwards Catering is thoughtful, generous, and kind. They provided tablecloths (which other vendors make you rent) and even set up our table centerpieces. Sam and his team oversaw the whole event from set up to clean up. I could not be more grateful for exceeding expectations for their important role in our reception. We are still receiving rave reviews on the food. I can't imagine there is a better option that Edwards Catering.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Morgan · Married on 05/30/2015

Sam Edwards went above and beyond what we expected from a caterer. From the start, he helped us think about all of the details for our day to ensure that the food we selected went well with the atmosphere we were hoping to create. Sam went out of his way to make sure that we had everything we needed in the days approaching the wedding as well as during the reception to make sure we stay hydrated and had a to go bag of food for a late night snack. We are still receiving compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the food. I highly recommend Edwards Catering.

Sent on 06/04/2015