102 Reviews for Eat & Smile Catering

Southwestern (1)
Spanish (1)
Vietnamese (1)
102 Eat & Smile Catering Reviews

All the Eat & Smile staff were amazing, accommodating, and went well above and beyond what we expected! The planning process was easy and the food was delicious. Everyone told us what a fantastic time they had and how the party really suited us and the kind of people we are. This wouldn't have been possible without all the help from Eat & Smile and the amazing coordinator Elle.

Profile Picture Faith, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Local

Katie, Oliver, and the entire Eat & Smile staff were fantastic! We were planning our backyard surprise wedding within 3 months from getting engaged and they were great at helping us plan the menu (they even incorporated dishes from our backgrounds), suggested a great day-of wedding coordinator, and provided an excellent experience for our guests via passed hors d'oeuvres and provided a bartender and servers! They provided a great tasting session where we were able to narrow our menu for our wedding! All our guests were very impressed about their professionalism, service, and the food was delicious! We loved them so much that we are already hiring them for our next even in December!

Profile Picture Neil, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used Eat & Smile to cater our wedding in September 2017 and we could not have been happier with the entire process, from the first email to the follow-up after the event. One of the reasons we were so taken with E&S immediately is that, out of all the caterers we contacted, they were the first ones who seemed to understand our vibe, our budget, and our tastes, and were willing to tailor the experience to us.

We loved working with the E&S team - it was probably one of the most fun pieces of wedding planning! Our team - first Keira, then Katie - always answered emails promptly and in detail and were beyond helpful in making suggestions on what would work best. We had a blast at our tasting and knew we had made the right decision. Plus, it felt so good supporting a local business that prides itself on supporting local suppliers and farmers.

For our actual event, E&S was a dream - the crew that worked our wedding was so kind, charming, and personable - we had compliments from guests on how nice the servers were. They went out of their way to accommodate our requests and made an extra effort to be sure the bride & groom were well fed. Not only that but one very kind server helped salvage some extra items left behind and E&S helped get them back to me - truly going above and beyond!

Finally, the food. The food is AMAZING. Every single thing we had to eat was incredible. They helped us incorporate hometown touches (lobster bisque for the Mainer and breakfast tacos for the Texan), which were both big successes with our guests but every dish we served was a winner. We especially loved the dessert options - gelato from Dolcezza and donuts from District Doughnuts. My only tip for planning is if you choose donuts, assume your guests will eat more than two and order extras - ours went flying off the platters at the wedding!

We cannot thank Eat and Smile enough for making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture User5488446, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Services Used: American, Asian, Local, Mexican, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Set Up

E&S was beyond great for our wedding. Everything was amazing - the service (both day of, and working with Katie in the lead-up), the tasting, the wedding food, the decoration for our reception, and of course, their flexibility and friendliness through every interaction. We loved the food and so did our guests. How often do you hear 'the chicken was excellent' at a wedding?? I planned our wedding from the West Coast, and E&S made everything so easy, I felt I was in great hands with their team. I was so glad we went with them, and it was such an easy decision after the tasting. Not only was the food way better others we tasted, but we were very impressed with E&S' dedication to local sourcing. I'd love to check out their pop up restaurant when we go back to DC sometime!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Local, Thai, Vietnamese, Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Tastings

Eat & Smile is the realization of every couple's wedding cuisine dream! We worked with Katie primarily, who is just the most lovely person. Our wedding wasn't particularly easy - we had a super tight timeline (our venue had a wedding before ours, in the morning/afternoon!) and a strict set of venue restrictions on nearly every aspect of setup and service. Katie navigated every hurdle with the perfect blend of courteousness and knowledgeable advice. When we'd ask for something a little unusual food-wise, Katie and Oliver responded by figuring out the best way to make it happen. In our case, the request was Persian food for my husband's family from Iran; they created a lamb kebab dish with traditional rice that would appeal to everyone! It was to die for. But as crazy as it sounds, I think their fresh signature cocktails were the biggest pleasant surprise. Months later, I still have guests asking, "What was in that honey apple bourbon drink?" or "How can I make that fresh cucumber mint cocktail?" In summary, there's no reason to hesitate in contacting Eat & Smile if you're looking for a caterer. In fact, I'd reach out as soon as possible, because with the perfect blend of kind/attentive service, great value and incredible food, you totally want them on your wedding team.

Photo for Eat & Smile Catering Review - A traditional Persian lamb kebab dish, made just for us!
Photo for Eat & Smile Catering Review - Professional servers quietly working behind the scenes!
Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Eat & Smile Catering for our daughter's wedding and they did a terrific job. They were very easy to work with, the food and service were both outstanding and they had no problem dealing with dietary issues (gluten-free and vegan) that we required. It was a wonderful wedding and they made a major contribution to making it so.

Profile Picture Simon, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We met with 2 catering companies and were blown away by Eat & Smile. From the start of the entire process, Katie and her entire team were very responsive to any questions we had. When it came to setting the menu - we had to go back and forth a few times to get the right vegetarian dish and Oliver was very patient with us and provided excellent options time and time again. When the time for the wedding rolled around, we knew we were in love with Eat and Smile and it turns out our guests were too! We opted to have mocktails - and the were such a huge hit. They even accommodated 2 of our gluten free guests with a different side dish. They are really lovely people to work with and I'd work with them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/5/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

Eat and Smile were spectacular!!! From the initial tasting through the breaking down of the party site they were professional, swift, consideration, and fun. Katie was fantastic to work with building the menu and the on-site team - led by the absolutely fabulous Lucy - was the best we've ever worked with - and my husband comes from the food service industry. We cannot recommend them enough and are still dreaming of the mac 'n cheese squares and the ice cream sandwiches! Our guests keep asking if E&S sells their cookies anywhere. Everything was a huge hit! We're grateful to have found such an all-around fabulous caterer. Many thanks and much love to the E&S team!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, No Pork, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up

Eat & Smile was amazing. We were remotely planning our wedding from NYC to take place on a family-friend's horse farm in Markham, VA. Keira was so patient and helpful in answering all of my questions and making accommodations to meet up with me at the farm. She was calm and collected, making it easy to openly & honestly discuss everything from the budget to menu options to rentals. I never felt like there were "stupid questions", which made me feel a lot more confident that I comfortably understood the whole process.

And of course, THE FOOD. We still have wedding guests raving about the fried mac n' cheese. Undoubtedly, the best reason for choosing Eat & Smile Catering is that they shared our beliefs that food is a reflection of culture and it is a gesture of love. They took quality ingredients native to the VA/DC area and spun it into a menu that reflected us - Texans and Canadians and Latin Americans and Asians, etc. They took a lot of culinary diversity and made it a cohesive, yet distinctive, menu that made ALL of our guests happy.

We went with their signature Small Plates format, at Keira's recommendation. I was skeptical at first. I had never heard of this format and I was worried that it wouldn't be enough food. I also had to be open minded and re-think the overall design of our reception. It was totally worth it, and Keira helped me re-think the reception. Everyone LOVED it because it was fun and exciting and not the same old "chicken or beef" option. There was more than enough food. Everyone got plenty to eat. Our guests with special dietary restrictions (diary, gluten, vegan, vegetarian) were over the moon with how well the E&S staff cared for them...and we were over the moon with how easy & cheap E&S made it to include those special plate options! The professionalism of the day-of team was outstanding and the service was top notch. I was so impressed with every E&S staffer at our wedding.

We're so happy and very highly recommend!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Latin American, Local, Southern

From my first email with Katie, I was impressed with Eat and Smile. My mother, fiance and I had a lovely tasting at their space in DC. As we walked to the car, the three of us blurted out "yeah, we are going with Eat and Smile" in unison! We wanted to give our guests a unique dining experience while holding tight to our budget, and Eat and Smile made it happen. I think my husband and I exchanged over 50 emails with Katie and she did not miss a beat! Eat and Smile was able to accommodate a few of my guests that were observing a religious holiday in addition a guest with a food allergy. The entire event team (servers, event captain, bartenders) were cordial and professional. My guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the food and service. We chose the shrimp and grits as one of the small plates, and our guests devoured them! We went with the continuous cocktail option and were nervous with how our guests would respond. Everyone loved that they could try many several dishes and many people loved that they were full (without feeling overstuffed). Eat and Smile goes way beyond standard wedding fare and is great at taking your recommendations and turning them into a reality. In addition to hearing how delicious the food was, we kept hearing "this is so you!". That is the perfect compliment-it means that Eat and Smile was able to take our personality and aesthetic and translate it into food. We are so incredibly happy with choosing E&S and recommend them highly. I found them to be consummate professionals and a team comprised of dedicated, talented and diligent individuals. Huge thank you to Katie-always so patient, communicative and kind!

Profile Picture Kat, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, American, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Bartender(s), Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

BOOK THIS CATERER! I have been to soo many weddings with lackluster food. This one CERTAINLY gave us and all of our guests a great meal. Everything is fresh, sustainable, and locally sourced. We really cared about those elements. Working with the team - Keira, Oliver, and their amazing waitstaff was a dream. Emailing them was fast and easy - I asked a million questions and never felt like I was left waiting or annoying. Oliver asked us a few questions about our wants and needs for the meal and then produced the most perfect proposal. I wanted to serve 10 courses after I read it. Truly - pork belly baos?!?!?!?! They were heaven. The handling of rentals (plates, silver, linens) was totally seamless and something I had not prepared to talk about before hand. I loved this team and we had the most perfect day thanks to them!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Local, Southern, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up

I'm the mother-of-the-bride and had no part of the decisionmaking. As a participant in a lovely wedding, however, I thought the food was delicious and the staff was efficient and friendly. In addition, they are eco-friendly and very proud of that. I hope I have the occasion to use Eat & Smile for a future event.

Profile Picture Lucy, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Eat & Smile went above and beyond to make our wedding day special. Right from the initial email, Katie was incredibly helpful and provided an enormous amount of information not just about the food options, but about rentals, the hall, and other details to keep an eye out.

The day of our wedding, the staff was professional and courteous, and even made sure to keep an eye out on the bridal party to make sure during photos we had water and beverages to make it through all the photos!

The food (passed hors doeuvres, and a seated dinner) was a huge hit, with people raving about it. The food was one of the biggest reasons we chose E&S and we were not disappointed!

We highly recommend Eat & Smile Catering, they were absolutely fabulous!

Profile Picture Leila , 4/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Spanish, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Eat&Smile Catering! We planned a small wedding, and our day was really made perfect thanks to Katie and the rest of the staff at E&S. They are incredibly responsive, professional, and friendly to work with. They provide a straightforward timeline that they stick to throughout the entire process and work hard to stay within your budget but still provide wonderful food and excellent service. I can't say enough about how much they contributed to our big day flowing smoothly and running perfectly. You will not go wrong with these guys! They are great.

Profile Picture Gaia, 4/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We could not have picked a more perfect caterer. Katie & Keira were so helpful from my first phone call through the wedding day, answering all our questions and helping us design the perfect menu. While other caterers we spoke with offered completely uninspired options for our vegetarian wedding, Eat & Smile immediately presented us with menus of previous vegetarian and vegan weddings they had catered and showed that they cared about the level of quality and creativity on veg dishes in ways nobody else we spoke with did. And the food was so good! I still have people talking to me about the brussels sprouts and sunchoke caesar salad. They also worked so well with our other vendors to make our day run smoothly. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Profile Picture Robyn, 4/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Open Bar

Everything came out fantastic, guests raved about the food all night.

Profile Picture sofia, 1/7/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

Eat and Smile did a wonderful job catering my wedding! They were very responsive, answering all our questions and helping to find solutions that would work for a very diverse group of guests. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Not only was the food delicious, but Keira and Jamie were so wonderfully flexible and helpful in making the day go smoothly. We had to switch to the rain plan last minute and the E&S team did a fantastic job being flexible and making the space work. We had brunch food and everyone raved about how good it was! I loved that it was all local and seasonal too.

Profile Picture Meredith, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, American, Southern, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian

Eat and Smile are simply amazing! They took the time to listen to us to find out our likes and dislikes and even held a private tasting for us both at a time convenient for us. They answered my many questions leading up to the event and were always there. During the event the staff was attentive and worked seamlessly with my other vendors. I recommend Eat and Smile! They are local, easy to work with and do the job so you don't have to think about it! Thank you Eat and Smile!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Tastings, Vegan, American, Asian, Latin American, Mexican, Southern, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol

I can't say enough good things about Eat & Smile. They were the first vendor we found for our wedding, and the only caterer we visited. (The food during our visit was that good!) Katie was so friendly and helpful and gave us tons of advice about our wedding planning. Eat & Smile partners with many other vendors and gave us plenty of references that helped make our planning easy. She was responsive and patient throughout the process, going above and beyond with advice and suggestions. They were extremely helpful with planning and executing setup for all vendors at the venue. And, of course, the food at the wedding was fantastic. More than highly recommended!

Profile Picture User7276767, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Both my husband and I have only great things to say about Eat & Smile, which we hired for our October 2016 wedding. We chose them because of their sustainable sourcing policies, environmentally-friendly dinnerware and clean-up model, as well as the quality and creativity of their food. Later, we were happily surprised by the professionalism, responsiveness, and experience of Katie, our main contact and guide leading up to the wedding. The rest of the Eat&Smile team, which we only met the day of the wedding, was easy going, attentive and kept everything moving like a well-oiled machine.

Our guests were happy with the food, as were we! The serving format we chose (passed hors d'oeuvres, passed small plates, and small bite desserts), while somewhat new and unexpected for our guests, worked perfectly to help create the friendly and light-hearted ambience we sought to create.

We would recommend Eat & Smile Catering without hesitation.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had an excellent experience with Eat & Smile from start to finish for our 100-guest wedding. They first caught our attention due to their commitment to local sourcing, eco-conscious practices, and small size. Their tasting is different from others in the industry. They have you come in to taste several courses, but not your actual menu. Since the food we tasted was great, Katie was very responsive, and the price was on par with others in the industry, we decided to go with them.

We opted for the passed small plates service option and were very happy with our choice. No seating charts, and lots of flexibility for the vegans and GF guests in our party. Katie was very helpful in giving us advice about how to set up the event because Eat & Smile had catered events at our venue before (Rockwood Manor). E&S provides bartenders and ice, but you provide the beer, wine, and liquor. This is a nice bonus for those of us who enjoy alcohol shopping and want to save money, though it requires you to schlep the alcohol to the venue.

The food was all delicious, and the day-of service was also wonderful. The communication between Katie and the event captain Meghal was perfect. The servers were very good about making sure the vegan and GF folks were fed on time even when non-vegan, non-GF menu items were being passed around.After the event, everything was cleaned up on time per the venue's instructions.

The one snafu we encountered was that the vendor E&S hired for linens and glassware didn't show up to pick up the stuff the day after, which didn't make the venue happy. However, E&S was great about mediating between the vendor and the venue, and the problem was solved without much headache on our end. We really appreciated that we were able to easily get in touch with E&S staff (on their days off!) to work on the problem the day after the wedding.

P.S. Make sure to book well in advance. They're a small operation and can only handle a limited number of events per day.

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Set Up

Eat and Smile were just fantastic. They design a perfectly in season menu that fits your wedding - no set menus here. They catered our wedding on a farm where they only had a tent for prep and we asked them to do passed dishes all night, rather than a sit-down dinner. Despite these challenges, they created an unforgettable feast, always flexible and creative. I couldn't recommend them more. Just so you know, they're on the pricier side, since everything's local and organic, but they were worth every penny.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

Best company I seen ever ! Recommend them by my family !

Profile Picture Jartan, 7/8/16, 3 Reviews