East Wind Long Island Reviews

East Wind Long Island 3
East Wind Long Island 4
  • Erin

Erin · Getting married on 04/02/2021

First venue to tour & we booked!

I have to admit, East Wind was not my first choice when I started to think about my wedding venue. But, we decided to tour East Wind first because it is the closest to our home. We ended up loving everything about it and Penny was amazing. Looking at your first venue is overwhelming because you don't even know what you're in for but Penny seriously made it effortless. I'm glad to say we left feeling like we didn't need to look elsewhere. This is only phase one and I can't wait to continue working with Penny & everyone at East Wind.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Amazing staff

Eric Sauer made East Wind and immediate decision for my fiancé and I. We love every inch of the property, the pricing, and the way the staff interacts with themselves and their guests.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Hi Jenny:
    Thank you for taking the time to review East Wind! We are thrilled that you have chosen us to be a part of your special day. We are looking forward to providing you with your dream wedding!
    East Wind
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 04/13/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Let me start by stating that I never write reviews. After having my wedding this past Saturday at East Wind, I felt I needed everyone to know my experience. One word. AMAZING. Michele Testa was our wedding coordinator and she was always there and always responsive to our emails and calls, even when she wasn't in the office. We were assigned Luis as our Maitre D' and he was absolutely incredible. He was so organized and waited on me hand and foot. I was introduced to my bridal attendant the day of the wedding (I sadly forget her name) but she was there holding the train to my dress and getting my husband and I drinks and food the whole time. Her and Luis even packed some food for us later that night to keep in our hotel room. The food was INCREDIBLE. My husband and I plan on renewing our vows down the road and will 100% book with this venue again. I recommend this venue to everyone and anyone. Literally the best day of my life thanks to everyone at East Wind.

Sent on 04/16/2019
    East Wind Long Island 5

Brittany · Married on 09/29/2018

Truly amazing

I couldn't have asked for a better experience from the moment I sat down with Tia (my wedding planner) until the very end of the event there wasn't a moment that wasnt amazing. The food was amazing the venue was gorgeous. The whole day was something my husband and I will never forget. East Wind truly exceeded all of our expectations.

Sent on 02/16/2019
    East Wind Long Island 6

Ayana · Married on 07/22/2018

Awesome! Penny F. Was our Banquet manager. She was timely with all her responses and helpful right up until the last few days before the wedding. She help to a ert a major problem between us and ADA. All was resolved amicably. Thanks to Penny the owner of East Wind and the owner of ADA.
    We were assigned Tony as Maitre'D. We had everything boxed and labeled and he set up everything exactly as we discussed. He watched the weather and made the right call for us to be outside. The guests raved about the grounds and the food. This wedding was a fairy tale that became a reality. It couldn't have happened anywhere but East Wind. They know how to make a bride feel special.

Sent on 08/05/2018
    East Wind Long Island 7
    East Wind Long Island 8

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2018

Highly recommend the Cottage at East Wind. Everything from beginning to end was exactly as we imagined and perfectly executed. We love it there it is beyond gorgeous both inside and out. From the moment we met Tia in sales we knew we were in the best of hands. She was kind, extremely knowledgeable and most importantly honest. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her and get to know her. She answered any question we had quickly and was full of knowledge. The venue is enchanting. The bridal suite were a great place for the wedding parties to congregate and relax during the downtime. We had an outdoor ceremony--which was just breathtaking!!! Kathleen was our maitre d and I seriously cannot rave about her enough. She made my wedding into my DREAM wedding. She executes everything beautifully and doesn't miss a step. It was a pleasure and an honor to have my wedding here! Special shout out to my bridal assistant Barbara who became like a friend to us. She was always in arms reach when I needed help or had a question, but was never over powering. We never had an empty glass, she made sure we were fed and were truly enjoying ourselves. I seriously cannot thank East Wind enough for making my wedding day STRESS free! Everybody at the wedding had the most magical and amazing time and everyone can’t stop saying how our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to! The food, the ambience, the drinks, The service was all phenomenal! I highly highly recommend getting married at the East Wind cottage. I hope that one of my friends can get married there so that I can experience it as a guest! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for not only myself but my bridal party and family and friends.

Nicole and Michael Sarro

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Powers2

Heather · Married on 04/27/2018

Honestly we could not have been happier with how our wedding turned out. After pricing out several different venues and getting discouraged, we went to go look at East Wind on a whim (I think we saw a commercial) and fell in love with the venue and the packages are so affordable and make planning so super easy. As a busy full time working mom to a little girl, my free time is precious and to be frank I didn't want to spend too much time planning and researching.

Penny was our coordinator and she was so responsive and flexible. Kathleen was our maitre'd and she is 100% responsible for how smoothly the day flowed. And Judy was my bridal attendant who thought of everything.

Seriously, thank you guys for making our day a huge success!

Sent on 05/08/2018
  • F

Flora · Married on 03/03/2018

We got Married 3/3/18! We had our reception at the Estate at East Wind. To start, we began planning our wedding a whole 2 years in advance. In that time we visited at least 12 venues on Long Island, falling absolutely in love with The Estate! The Estate is absolutely stunning and East Wind has everything you will need the day/night of your wedding all in one place. Our original sales person was Faith, who ultimately left East Wind. We were then assigned to Melissa, who even though we never actually met, was extremely responsive via e-mail and she ensured to accommodate all of the request/agreements Faith and I had already made. Luisa the Manager at the INN (hotel) was absolutely amazing. She responded to every single e-mail regarding our room block immediately. She was extremely professional and accommodating to all our requests. Scott our Maitre'd and Mary Lou our Bridal Attendant were beyond amazing! From, ensuring all our details the day of our big day were perfect, to "fluffing" my dress, and putting on my lip stick, they catered to each and everyone of our needs!!! We have zero complaints with how our wedding day/night went and this is thanks to the wonderful staff at East Wind. Every single person who worked our wedding went above and beyond to make sure we were Happy! Thank you everyone at East Wind for making our day extra special!!!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/08/2017

Be organized and turn in all paperwork early with everything labled. It made the day super easy because we did not have to worry about anything in the days leading up to our big day. Amazing team that executed everything without a hitch.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Hi Danielle:
    We are delighted your special day went as planned and thank you for the great review. We value all our clients feedback. Congratulations!

Sean · Married on 09/23/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better experience from the moment I sat down with Michelle (my wedding planner) until the very end of the event there wasn't a moment that I questioned if it was the experience I was hoping for. The food was amazing the venue was gorgeous and everything went smoother then I could have ever emagined. Thank you Michelle above and beyond and thanks to the rest of the staff as well a truly amazing wedding!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

East Wind Long Island's reply:

Hi Sean: We are so delighted you had such a wonderful experience on your special day. Thank you for the great feedback. Congratulations!

Brittany · Married on 04/29/2017

We just signed our contract on Sunday. EVERYTHING about this process of finding a venue has been 300X easier than I would of ever expected. And that is because of Faith at East Wind. She is so easy to talk to and she listens to every detail you have for her!! I left our first meeting and burst into tears of joy I was so happy! She answers my emails quickly and no matter how silly of a question I have she answers it perfectly! I did ensure she is going to be my point of contact from now until our wedding, I couldn't imagine doing this without her insight, knowledge, or her bubbly personality!! She is amazing! To say I am happy with East Wind during this process is an understatement!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Jackie · Married on 04/07/2017

Our wedding was an absolute WOW factor for many of our guests. We had the best experience with East Wind for our wedding in the Estate. Although we had a few bumps in the road everything was worked out wth ease between Penny our marketing contact and Scott our Estate Maitre D. We were able to come in early the day before to set up the estate to the way I wanted to to look and they were flexible with my crazy ideas I had worked out (disco ball, escort card arch way etc). We had a wonderful experience from staying at the hotel the night before, to take pictures before cocktail hour, and to the entire reception. We could not have imagined a better location for our reception.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Hi Jackie:
    We are delighted you shared your special day with us and you and your guests had a wonderful time. I will share your review with our staff. Thank you for the highly rated feedback! Congratulations! Please come and visit us again soon.

Randi · Married on 11/26/2016

Beautiful and amazing . The staff are professional my maitre d tony was great , the food was delicious and my guests told me all night how great everything was . I can't wait to go back and enjoy a spa night .

Sent on 01/02/2017

This place is the best ever . The people and food are amazing. They also have a spa where u can have ur hair and nails done the girl are great down there. Love the hotel and eveyone who works there was nice and sweet.

Sent on 12/05/2014

East Wind Long Island's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience at our property! We look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Theresa Ann · Married on 10/02/2016

The food was amazing and the Northampton was beautiful and didn't make our guests feel on top of one another . Book your wedding with penny! She was very nice and amazing. When my husband and I had questions and emailed her, we received the responses right back.
    Ask for tony to be your maitre d and jackeline as your bridal attendant. They were absolutely amazing!!!!!!!
    Everyone we worked with felt like we knew them for a long time and felt like family!
    They all helped make our wedding a day we will never forget!! We got married on 0ctober 2, 2016, and we still are getting texts and calls saying our wedding was the best wedding they have gone to in a long time :-)

Sent on 11/06/2016

This location is beautiful! Our guests are still raving about how much they loved the place and the food. I was afraid when I began to get a lot of denials on my reply cards due to distance. It was something of an issue for my NYC guests. However it was worth it for those who came. Going back probably would have hired a shuttle. East wind is elegant and Victorian feeling. The venue has indoor and outdoor options. There is just as much photo opportunity inside as outside. Came in handy when it rained on the day of my wedding. The food was amazing which is not easily said when it comes to wedding food. Some of my favorites were rice balls, salmon, stuffed shrimp, coconut shrimp and vegetable lasagna. They were accommodating with my no alcohol request and offered mocktails to my guests like pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. And my beautiful wedding cake from a local bakery they have contract with. No one left hungry. Both my Maitre D Suzanne and Jacqueline my bridal attendant were amazing. Thanks to Suzanne my guests felt very special. And thanks to Jacqueline me and my husband felt well taken care of. Very grateful to have found this venue, thanks to Penny for helping me with my vision from the beginning. Best of all east wind also being a hotel, with spa and shoppes and local activities, I always have the option of returning back with my husband to the place we married.

Sent on 10/15/2016
  • User5520777 · 2+ years ago

VIEWING&BOOKING

I made my apt last minute unlike my other three that were months in advance and i got the best results out of my four appointments.
    I met with Keith and he helped us hand and foot. he started out by saying i am a sales man i am going to sell you the place!
    this was the best experience ever! He showed us all the locations suitable for me and explained why i couldn't have it in another location (my party was too big) the areas were so beautiful, very impressive. we went over everything i did not have to ask him a thing on my check list and went over more than that. he told us not to worry when aunt Milly picks up the plates to inspect them that she will see that they are the best quality, and he was also joking about how he loves chairs but made a very good point in that the chairs were solid one piece so they would not have screw in tops and have some missing thorough out the area, so you wont see that in any pictures. he was by far the best like i said every detail was explained. We still had one last location and when it was to our liking we called up Keith and asked if we can met with him again and see the place show my other in-laws, can i be there in an hour and he said of course and hour is perfect. the staff was always greeted us as we walked through the rooms. so impressive. the price was for a package and let me say it was the best i have seen especially for what it included for 150 people photography, DJ, flower centerpieces and cake all for under 20, the man did good. they have two very large generators so you never have to worry but also found out that during sandy they took other brides during sandy that almost got cancelled and saved them by hosting it at east wind and honoring whatever price they had even if it was a lower rate. i was filled with joy when i hear this. their menu is large and goes on and on which is all included in the package with a welcome champagne and free second plating during dinner. This place is amazing!!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Samantha · Married on 08/28/2016

What an amazing experience. beautiful venue. wonderful staff including faith (banquet sales), Scott (our maître de) and Mary lou (our bridal attendant). My brother was married in the estate 2 years ago and I knew the service was amazing then. We had our wedding in the North Hampton Ballroom on August 28th and it was perfect. Food is also exceptional and everyone was very accommodating. I cant say enough good things.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Christine · Married on 08/05/2016

Our venue was perfect from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception to breakfast the next morning at Desmonds. ! Every person we encountered at the East Wind always had a smile on their face and was willing to answer any questions we had. Thank you to Faith, our wedding consultant who made our wedding dreams come true! We could not have met a more beautiful person to help us plan this wedding which you promised to be perfect and amazing, and it was.!! Our guests keep talking about how beautiful our wedding was! Thank you for making this a lifetime to remember.. Not only was the food delicious but the ambience was perfect!

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • July162016

Nancy · Married on 07/16/2016

When we were booking this venue we were amazed at the professionalism of the staff. We witnessed one of the waitresses polishing the bride and grooms silverware hours before the event. It was amazing to see how much time and effort they put into the weddings there.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Jackie · Married on 07/09/2016

I got married in July of 2016 and let me tell you that every single person that attended our wedding is still talking about how beautiful East Wind was. The food was absolutely amazing. We worked with the most wonderful matre D and bridal attendant. They made sure my husband to be and I had everything we needed and more. I cant begin to express my gratitude towards East Wind and how wonderful they were. The staff was amazing and we are definitely recommending East Wind to all of our friends who are newly engaged. Not to mention they have this amazing package that includes, DJ, Florist and Limos. That alone takes the pressure off of finding the right vendors. You wont be disappointed if you choose East Wind for your Wedding!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Hannah · Married on 06/30/2016

We got married at The Estate at East Wind in June 2016. We booked exactly a year in advance and the process could not have gone smoother. Compared to other venues we had seen, we were so impressed with how well-manicured the grounds of East Wind were and once we saw the outside ceremony space complete with the magnificent arbor at the Estate, we were sold. We worked with Faith who was absolutely amazing and always available to answer my questions even on her day off. She is such a sweet and calm person and really makes you feel as though she is as excited for your event as you are. We were lucky to have met her. For the day of, Scott was our maitre d and he was unbelievable, so professional and made the day run so smoothly. He fit right in with our bridal party and family and was extremely attentive to our needs. Bruna was my bridal attendant and was also very kind and attentive, making sure I looked perfect before going down the aisle, bustling my dress and bringing me plates of food during the cocktail hour although I was too nervous to eat. Everything at the Estate was impeccable - the rooms and outside area where we got married were absolutely gorgeous and everyone kept raving about how good the food was (and our family knows good food!). It was also perfect having the hotel right next door, as we walked across the parking lot and had our after party at Desmond's, the hotel restaurant, and then everyone stayed at the hotel, which is beautiful and so well-maintained. We got many compliments that we chose the perfect place and that it was the best wedding our guests had ever been to. Thank you to Faith, Scott, Bruna and the entire team at East Wind for making our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 01/24/2017

Bianca · Married on 06/03/2016

We got married at the Cottage and Penny was our coordinator. Everything went so smoothly and great! I have nothing but fantastic memories of our wedding. They were so easy to work with which was great as I was planning our wedding from GA and SC (I made two trips up there for planning). Having pretty much everything all inclusive was FANTASTIC! I loved the fact that we only had two choices for DJ and Photography, otherwise I would have gone crazy trying to find one while being out of state. The food was awesome! DJ was though Long Island Sound and they were GREAT! We also used ADA for our photos which I am positive will be awesome (still waiting on the proofs, but it's still early)! The Maitre'd and Bridal Assistant made sure that not only we were well taken care of, but our guests were as well. We had flowers done through With All My Heart and they were gorgeous as well. All of our guests had a great time, people are still raving about how much fun it was! We will never forget how great that day was!

Sent on 06/28/2016

East Wind made our big day phenomenal. It was everything that we hoped and dreamed of. The cottage was gorgeous. We had an outdoor ceremony on premises. Breathtaking!!! Kathleen was our Matre'D and kept it all organized. Judy was my bridal attendant and such a sweetheart. The whole experience from the first meeting with Kaitlyn to the last song was such a great one. I would definitely recommend East Wind to any bride and groom.

Sent on 08/28/2015