East Lynn Farm Reviews

91 | Round Hill, VA

91 Reviews for East Lynn Farm

Lauren · Married on 01/19/2020

This was one of the most impeccably beautiful landscapes for a wedding that I've seen in a long time. The weather could not have been more perfect, yet even the sunniest of days would not have done East Lynn Farm justice alone. From the sheep grazing out to pasture in the distance to the tallest gorgeous trees flanking one of the primary ceremony sites in the grove to the quaint farm house (complete with quintessential farm house interior) to the sprawling lawns around the barn. The barn itself is a beauty with an expansive and sunlit reception space in the would be hayloft and extra room beneath in the milking stalls of the barn. The farm has been lovingly restored and polished to be the perfect backdrop for any wedding. The wedding I attended was in the afternoon-- 3:30pm which is the perfect time for a ceremony given the way the light falls on the grove-- followed by a reception into sunset, the ideal time for "golden hour" photos in the fading light, which made the barn and reception area positively glow. Anna was a fantastic support throughout the wedding process and made sure to pay close attention to each detail along the way. Smoking Willie's was the caterer and not only was the food absolutely delicious, but it also was one of the best orchestrated catering set-ups and break-downs I've seen. East Lynn brings in great vendors. Definitely a winner for any bride and groom looking for a VA country wedding with charm and elegance.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Robert Bonn · Married on 01/10/2020

Awesome Rustic Setting

The countryside setting was beautiful, and the barn hall was classy. All the amenities were top-notch and convenient.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Sasha I · Married on 01/10/2020

Picturesque Wedding Venue

The venue was beautiful - tastefully rustic and picturesque. The fields and countryside make for a wonderful backdrop and the barn was beautifully lit and romantic in the evening. The dance floor was the perfect size!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • User3253817 · Recently married

Very accommodating. Very sweet owners. Easy to contact by email or phone

A most beautiful setting!!! The hayloft was beyond our expectations and we could bring in our own caterer. Only downside, it isn't handicap accessible.

Sent on 11/15/2019

Jeff M · Married on 10/13/2019

Excellent venue and experience!

My sister and her husband chose East Lynn Farm for their wedding in 2019. The venue was spectacular from start to finish, including the perfect rustic ambiance/experience they wanted. Staff were friendly, helpful, and available, and the event went off seamlessly. Thanks to East Lynn Farm, it was a special occasion to enjoy.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Arianne Prestia · Married on 10/13/2019

Picturesque

Was at a wedding, 2nd week of October. The venue and weather could not have been more perfect. Venders could easily set up and there was no hassle.
    This was one of the best hidden gems o could have dreamed off

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew Judaprawira · Married on 09/07/2019

The perfect farm wedding venue

My wife and I were keen on finding a venue that had a vibrant nature and outdoorsy vibe. We were immediately charmed when we first saw East Lynn Farms, and met the team behind its operation. The owners Georgia and Peter were incredibly supportive, and gave sage advice throughout our planning process. In addition, Alyson, who handles the emails for the farm, was always incredibly quick to provide responses to our questions, and was a pleasure to communicate with.

We visited the venue a couple times throughout 2019 between January and our wedding this past September. It takes some imagination to picture how the grounds would look like on your wedding day, because it transforms so much with each season. However, we thought it was gorgeous and made for a terrific backdrop each time we visited regardless of the season.

The farm is between an hour to an hour and a half outside of D.C. so it is a fantastic option for getting a rustic venue space that is still accessible for our friends living in the city and the families flying in to Reagan or Dulles.

There is a lot of flexibility for events at East Lynn Farms, which may be a stressor for couples depending on their appetite for DIY versus a turnkey wedding option. The farm includes some decorations and a list of recommended vendors, but we were not restricted to the list as long as the vendors we chose had the appropriate license and insurance. The farm allows you to provide our own beverages for events, and we were able to save quite a bit by sourcing our drinks from Costco rather than ordering through the caterer.

My wife and I were initially worried about how hot might be at the tail end of Summer, and we contemplated renting fans or A/C units for the wedding. Thankfully, Georgia advised us that the surrounding mountains provided the area with a cooler ambient temperature and a reasonable breeze that negated the need for that hefty expense. On our wedding day, the weather was perfect! Even at the peak of the afternoon it never got so hot that it was uncomfortable to wear a suit jacket, and at the end of the night it wasn’t so cold that one needed a jacket.

There’s no limit of the amount of praise and recommendations my wife and I would give to East Lynn! We honestly couldn’t have imagined a better place to have our wedding!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Jai Baird · Married on 07/20/2019

Best venue ever!

East Lynn is the absolute best venue. They were easy to work with, and I felt like they really cared about helping make my wedding special. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone. Perfect location out in the beautiful countryside.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Lily Patzold · Married on 06/10/2019

We love east lynn

East Lynn Farm is the place to be! We loved having our wedding here. Georgia was just lovely to work with, and we felt so taken care of. The views are amazing, the barn is stunning, and our entire event was just perfect. Thank you, East Lynn!!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2019

Best day ever

East Lynn Farm is an incredible venue and we wouldn't have wanted our wedding any other place in this world! My grandfather actually used to own this farm and sold it to the owners once he couldn't take care of it anymore. The couple who owns it now, Peter and Georgia, were so excited that we decided to get married there. They made sure our wedding was the best day ever! They were so welcoming and helpful it meant so much to our family. All the guests loved learning about the backstory of the farm and everyone couldn't compliment the venue enough. We got married in the pine grove, had cocktail hour in the downstairs barn and had the reception upstairs. Everything was absolutely perfect. Best venue ever!!!

louis c constantino · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful farm and barn!

East Lynn farms made our wedding day perfect! The venue was beautiful with the rustic barn as the backdrop. The cocktail hour games were a huge hit at our wedding. We had a game of wiffleball going during cocktail hour and the guests were loving it. I definitely would recommend the firepit if the weather is good for it. We received so many compliments from our guests everyone absolutely loved the venue. The owners are very accommodating and helpful. Would highly recommend getting married here!

• Jackie

Jackie Mccarty · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful venue with superb service!

I highly recommend East Lynn Farm for anyone looking for country/rustic environment for their wedding! Besides the venue being absolutely beautiful and picturesque, the owners and wedding venue coordinator were very attentive, accommodating, communicative and treated us like family. My husband and I were married at the Farm in May 2019 and used all parts of the venue for our wedding day. My bridesmaids and I got ready at the farmhouse, pictures were taken around the property, we were married in one of the fields and had the reception in the barn. We loved the venue, and so did all of our guests. East Lynn Farm is perfect venue to make your big day special!

Jaina Perry · Married on 04/13/2019

Best venue ever

What an incredible venue!! Georgia and everyone at East Lynn were friendly and easy to work with. They are the reason our wedding was such a success, I cannot say enough good about them and this venue. It is a beautiful farm, on gorgeous property. Would absolutely recommend getting married at East Lynn to everyone.

Sent on 01/03/2020

Kristina Iliev · Married on 01/12/2019

Beautiful!

I recently attending a wedding there and found the entire venue beautiful. The sunset beautiful over a pasture of cows and the reception call was decorated memorable. I would recommend this place to get married at for sure.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Deborah Hoffman · Married on 10/28/2018

Gorgeous Venue!

We are so glad that we chose East Lynn Farm for our fall wedding! Not only is the setting absolutely gorgeous, with panoramic views of the blue ridge mountains, but the indoor spaces are beautiful and so well-maintained as well. The hayloft of the barn was the perfect size for our wedding with 75 guests plus a 7 piece band and tables set up for a dessert bar. Georgia and Allyson were both wonderful to work with. They were quick to respond to questions and were very flexible throughout the planning process. I highly recommend East Lynn for a beautiful Northern VA farm wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing wedding at East Lynn Farm

My husband and I struggled to find a venue that we both loved. We both came across East Lynn Farm and absolutely fell in love with it the moment we pulled in. The owners are so nice and caring. They walked us through everything and gave us so much helpful information! The barn is amazing and don't even get me started on the beautiful views. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is getting married! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Ashley Dalton · Married on 04/08/2018

East Lynn was my DREAM come true!

I was married at East Lynn this spring, and we LOVED our experience here. The views were gorgeous, the ownership so easy and pleasant to work with, and the overall experience was just fantastic. I would 10/10 recommend the lovely East Lynn to anyone and everyone. Thanks for making my wedding day so perfect!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Kat · Married on 10/28/2017

We loved this venue for my friends wedding! We stayed at the farm the night before the wedding and got to spend a beautiful quiet morning together as a bridal party before the events of the day. The venue was gorgeous, the family that runs the farm was very kind and helpful and I would love to go back to this location!

Sent on 11/03/2017

John · Married on 10/01/2017

My wife and I looked at 20-30 different farm-type venues in Loudoun County, around the Blue Ridge and then further west towards Luray and the Shenandoah Valley. East Lynn won our business and I'll explain why.

-East Lynn strikes a nice balance: the main reception barn has been heavily upgraded from it's farm days but it was done such that it retains a lot of the historic charm.

-Property is perched just in front of the Blue Ridge in far west Loudoun County - exceptional views, far enough from DC burbsprawl but close enough such that getting your family into an affordable hotel / transport won't be killer.

-Georgia and Peter have a relaxed style and it's clear this is a family business - they care and are approachable.

-The way the reception hall has been modernized meant that our DJ was fine along with the catering company. There was also ample lighting, which is great because we didn't have to provide that.

-A really nice bathroom comes with your rental - a lot of farms didn't provide that.

-Tables and chairs for about 160 are included with your rental, along with a set of ceremony chairs. More savings.

-There is a tastefully redone house across the street where you can get ready, also included. My wife loved it.

-It was also nice to hold the ceremony and reception on opposite sides of the street so that the caterers could use the ceremony time to get ready. Our caterer really liked that aspect of it.

-Flexibility - you can use whatever caterers you want, you don't have to buy some set amount of wine like a winery.

-Super great is that East Lynn has a flower farm onsite. We went DIY and picked our own flowers the day before and arranged them. Flowers are an extra charge but go price a florist - you can save thousands doing this.

Outstanding venue, Georgia and Peter feel like family now. Give them your business and you'll be happy you did.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Alejandro · Married on 09/22/2017

The place is really nice and perfect for a wedding venue. Everyone had a great time and were all pleased. It´s perfect!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Nate · Married on 09/04/2017

We had an amazing time! Truly beautiful space with an amazing staff that works tirelessly on making sure the big day is one to remember! Much love to East Lynn!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Michaela · Married on 09/02/2017

Great venue for a wedding or any event!!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Gary · Married on 09/02/2017

Our wedding was 9/2/2017. Amazing experience from beginning to end.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Patrick · Married on 09/02/2017

A beautiful ceremony and the venue was great for Meredith and Gary's wedding on 9/2/2017. Thanks East Lynn Farm!

Sent on 08/20/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/02/2017

A great experience and beautiful wedding venue!

Sent on 08/21/2018