Dulany's Overlook Reviews

54 | Frederick, MD

54 Reviews for Dulany's Overlook

Emma · Married on 10/26/2019

Most Beautiful Day Ever

My husband and I really loved Dulany's. The venue itself is unreal beautiful, way prettier in person than pictures. It has so much space, beautiful views, and all the cute details you would hope for in this type of wedding. The team was super amazing and helpful. I really couldn't have asked for a better venue and day. Thank you so much for everything! (also--Holly was an amazing coordinator!)

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kristine, Greener · Married on 10/06/2019

Perfect venue!

Dulany's Overlook was the PERFECT venue for my daughter's wedding a month ago.

I can't say enough good things about Mark, Shannon (our coordinator), the staff at Dulany's and the amazingly breathtaking venue. Beautiful grounds, wonderful views, rustic/authentic cocktail hour area and the incredible barn for the reception led to a fun and memorable day.

The planning process was stress free with Shannon's help:) She was a pleasure to work with and helped the day run smoothly.

My daughter's wedding day was absolutely MAGICAL and was everything she envisioned. Thank you all for making it special!!

I highly recommend Dulany's Overlook to anyone looking for that PERFECT wedding venue!!!

Sent on 11/07/2019

June · Married on 10/04/2019

Gorgeous venue

Dulany’s was the exact wedding location of my dreams and it did not fail to deliver. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous and the barn was perfect for the size of our wedding. All I can say is stunning. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Aschman · Married on 09/28/2019

Look no further...Dulany's is THE BEST!

My husband and I were married at Dulany's Overlook on September 28, 2019. We had a guest count of 188 (but it could have been closer to 200) and wanted a Saturday wedding. Dulany's was actually the very first venue we visited when scouting out places for the big day. We went to venues all over Maryland and Pennsylvania, and through our research we came full circle and ended up choosing Dulany's for our wedding. You get so much for your money...a venue with a time slot that couldn't be matched by many others for the price, a wedding coordinator, the ability to choose vendors, multiple ceremony options, incredible views, and a team of people who are excited to help you make your day special. We simply couldn't have been happier with our decision!
    Mark, the owner, was our initial contact. He is a very kind, polite, and honest person. He has a good sense of humor and was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. My husband and I asked a ton of questions (in person, and through emails), and Mark was always very quick to respond. He let us bring friends and family to visit the venue many times leading up to our wedding date, which we really appreciated.
    Ultimately, he assigned us a wedding coordinator, Lori Anderson, who helped us the rest of the way. I cannot say enough good things about this person! Lori and I communicated a lot through texting, some phone calls, and the occasional email. It didn't matter what time of day I messaged her, she was always quick to respond and was super helpful. I was a little unsure of the layout of the barn considering the large guest count that we had. Lori was flexible and understanding when I wanted to switch from rectangular tables to rounds, and we walked the venue several times to make sure we covered everything.
    The morning of the wedding, the girls arrived early to get ready. I wanted to set up some decorations and Lori was already on the ball setting up chairs, etc. for the reception. The weather ended up being incredibly warm (about 90 degrees! with some gusty winds). A lot of the easels and decorations ended up blowing over, but she jumped right in to help secure everything. She even came up to ask about decorations for the ceremony and caught something important that we had missed. Her attention to detail made such a difference in many aspects of the day. As each of the bridesmaids and groomsmen proceeded to walk to the aisle, she made sure that each of the groomsman's bow ties was straightened and that everyone proceeded smoothly. As the wedding party was being introduced at the reception, I had a little freak out moment because no one was around to help me bustle my dress, and Lori (who was luckily right near me) jumped in to help me right away. Having never seen my dress or practicing my bustles, she managed to hook it up perfectly! There are so many details like this that I appreciated. She went above and beyond to help make sure our day was special and perfect. We are incredibly grateful to have been matched up with her.
    Dulany's is unique in the sense that you can choose all of your vendors and customize the space to fit your vision. Mark and a wedding coordinator will work with you to help make your vision a reality. I loved that we could have our own decorations and put flowers around the trellis. Lori helped us set up different decorations throughout the venue. If you're looking for a place that is flexible and excited to help make your vision a reality, then look no further! Dulany's is the best!

Photos, courtesy of Lydia Jane Photography (our wedding photographer), will give you a great idea of the space and how you can personalize it.

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2019

I Made The Right Choice

I had looked at 8 or 9 venues before coming to Dulanys. The place itself is so beautiful, it doesnt need much to make to decorate. Lori was absolutely wonderful! I planned the wedding from out of state, and she made sure I was on the right track, coordinated the day of, and really made sure the day was perfect. I can't say enough about this place and I dont think my guests can either. It was soooo perfect. Definitely worth every penny

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 05/18/2019

Awesome Venue and Even Better People

Dulany's Overlook was a dream! I absolutely love this stunning venue and all the onsite accommodations. The man cave for the guys is huge and the bridal suite is so stunning! I had my wedding on the lawn with such an amazing view and then we went over to the barn where the cocktail hour and reception is held. Everyone raved about how beautiful this venue was and I was so happy everyone loved it. My favorite part of the venue is the fact that the back wall of the barn can be slid open to reveal the most amazing view during the reception. My coordinator for my wedding was Holly. I highly recommend requesting her! She is fun and so easy to work with. The best part about Holly is she isnt afraid to speak her mind and she gets things done! A huge thank you to the owner of the venue, Mark, and everyone involved for providing an amazing venue and awesome service to help create my dream day!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny Kassab · Married on 11/03/2018

Dream come true

Dulany’s is the BEST!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! The owner is amazing and Holly is by far the most incredible wedding coordinator you could ever ask for! Holly brought our dream wedding to life and made tough decisions, seamless and fun! I cannot express my gratitude for how accommodating & beautiful this venue/staff is! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Zoe

Zoe · Married on 10/07/2018

Absolutely Perfect

I could not have asked for a better experience. Everyone here is super responsive. Our coordinator Missi always got back to us super fast even with all those last minute silly questions. We were being threatened with cold weather and muddiness in the lead up to the big day. They were very flexible, allowing us until 12 pm to decide if we wanted to get married outside or in the barn for a 3 pm wedding. The temperature was in the 50s and got down in to the 40s but it never felt cold in the barn for cocktail or the reception. I did not have to worry about a thing and it all went smoothly.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Michael Robbins · Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful Venue

My wife was pretty smitten with Dulaney's as soon as we visited. It was the 5th location we toured, and we'd had a bit of mixed reaction to most of them. The venue itself is gorgeous, and our tour of Dulaney's was relaxed and friendly. She was pretty much set from the moment we saw the barn and the view, but the attentiveness of the staff and owners sealed the deal. They obviously take a lot of pride in the location and their service, and it shows. Liz was incredibly attentive from first communication up to the day of the event and was very helpful with every question or request we had. Without her and her assistance it had the potential to be a much more stressful affair. Great venue, and great experience all around.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Kristin · Married on 10/06/2018

Dulany’s Overlook was absolutely amazing and a photographers dream! My husband and I got married there on Saturday and it was beyond amazing. From the owner (Mark) to our amazing coordinator (Holly), everyone was so helpful and made the day perfect. I couldn’t recommend this venue more!!! You won’t be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Emily Williams · Married on 09/30/2018

Beautiful Venue!!

The moment I first arrived at Dulany's Overlook I knew it was the perfect venue for us. The location was great, everything about the venue was beautiful and our coordinator Shannon was incredibly helpful and informative. I highly recommend Dulany's Overlook!!

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Elena

Elena · Married on 09/29/2018

Can't Recommend Dulany's Enough!

The first time we toured Dulany’s it was still under construction. After the tour, Mark was kind enough to sit down with us and go over their plans for finishing the property so we knew exactly what we would be getting if we booked with them. As soon as we left that day, we knew Dulany’s was it for us. Not only because the grounds fit what we were looking for, but because it was obvious that the people who ran it actually cared about and were interested in the couples that booked with them. We toured 8 venues before seeing this one, and none of the others made us feel as welcome and comfortable as Mark did that first day.

Liz was our coordinator and she was a gem throughout our planning process! The weeks leading up to our wedding we had a ton of rain and ended up having to relocate our ceremony site the morning of. Instead of being in a frenzy or frustrated about the last minute change, Liz and Mark took care of getting everything set up in the right space in the most relaxed and professional manner, which only further solidified my love for this place and their staff.

If you’re looking for a stunning venue with top-notch people running it, Dulany’s is your place. We received endless compliments on the venue and staff the day of and following our wedding, and we could not be more pleased with our experience. Even with the last minute ceremony site change our day was absolutely perfect and we can’t recommend Dulany’s enough!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2018

The pictures do not do this place justice. Go see this place. It is gorgeous. The staff is flexible, friendly, and responsive. Our venue coordinator was Lori, and she was fantastic. She answered all my questions in the months leading up to the wedding and handled all of our fires on the day. I do wish I had booked a day-of coordinator as well, just because Lori is only one person and she was busy doing venue set-up and handling vendors, and it would have been nice to have someone in the room with me to help control my crazy family and make the decisions for me. But I cannot say enough about how beautiful, elegant, and professional everything was. Work with as many suggested vendors as possible! It makes life so much easier that they all know each other and already have each other's cell numbers. And they were fantastic as well.

Sent on 10/09/2018

stephanie · Married on 08/19/2018

This is the most perfect venue with the most amazing staff. It truly made my wedding day perfect.

Sent on 08/27/2018
  • F

Fabiola · Married on 08/18/2018

We had our wedding at Dulaney’s Overlook in August, and had the best time of our lives! The venue alone is absolutely beautiful, our guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous the location was. The staff at Dulaney’s Overlook was so easy to work with. We would like to thank Juanita for being extremely responsive and helpful when we went on our tour. She was very welcoming and accommodating. She made us feel at home from the very first time. We knew Dulaney’s was the place we wanted for our wedding that very same day. We are also more than thankful with our amazing coordinator, Holly! Holly was God sent. She helped with the wedding process from the beggining until the day of our wedding. Holly made our special day go exactly as we planned it - and exceeded our expectations. We did not feel stressed out at any given point because Holly was always on top of things. If we had to choose again, we will absolutely choose Dulaney’s all over again.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Dulany's Overlook's reply:

What a wonderful review you have written, I know I’m speaking for both Juanita and Holly when I say we really appreciate you taking the time to let people know how your wedding was at our Farm. Please come back and visit us anytime.
    Sincerely, Mark Lynch

Dennis · Married on 08/11/2018

Look no further! This place is everything you want and so much of what you don’t KNOW you want! Quality staff, insight, beauty, charm, picturesque backdrop, character, etc..etc.
    WOW describes this 170 acre location.
    So big.....yet incredibly intimate!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Erika · Married on 07/07/2018

We absolutely loved Dulanys overlook I couldn’t have imagined our wedding anywhere else. the staff was great I mean what more could we ask for even with the amazing guys weather we had our guest absolutely loved it there.

Sent on 07/21/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 05/26/2018

The folks at Dulany's were fabulous! They were very flexible and humored all of our requests (like bringing a pony and a motorcycle as part of the event). Missi, our coordinator, was a wealth of knowledge and kept everything running smoothly. The location is beautiful, the owners have done an amazing job transforming it into the perfect wedding venue. Everything was perfect for our day, THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Kristina · Married on 05/12/2018

When we visited Dulany's Overlook, I fell in love. The venue is incredibly beautiful, with multiple options for ceremony sites (we chose the woods- highly recommend!) and a beautiful barn for holding your reception. The barn has a pretty large capacity too, and knowing we were inviting around 200 guests, that was something that had been hard for me to find!

Mark and his team are great and were helpful throughout the wedding planning process. Lori, our venue coordinator, really helped make sure our vendors were set and ready to go the weeks leading up to and day of the wedding so that everyone was on the same page and the day-of logistics were seamless. We were also able to go back multiple times to see the venue and see different projects completed. That's one neat thing about Dulany's- Mark is always looking to improve the venue and provide a better experience for weddings and is constantly making improvements that you wouldn't even think of because the place is so beautiful as is!

One other thing to note is that there is a cute house on site for you and your party to get ready in, with a light-filled upstairs for the bride and company and a cool basement filled with arcade games for the guys!

If you're looking for a gorgeous barn venue with great, friendly staff, I highly recommend Dulany's Overlook!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Dulany's Overlook's reply:

Well it’s not very often that I’m speechless, But all I can say after reading your review , is thank you very much you made my night.
    Sincerely,
    Mark

Cortney · Married on 05/05/2018

Dulany's was the perfect venue for us!! Everyone from the owners to the coordinators were a pleasure to work with and they made it feel like home for the day! Thanks for making everything so special for us!

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • Marlee

Marlee · Married on 04/14/2018

Worry-free Barn Wedding

We had the best experience with Dulany's Overlook. Our wedding coordinator, Liz, took care of all the details on our wedding day. If there were any hiccups, my husband and I didn't have a clue.
    The venue was gorgeous and made for beautiful photos. My husband and our groomsmen had a blast playing pinball before the ceremony and our guests loved having cocktails and dancing in the barn. We would highly recommend Dulany's for a wedding venue.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Timothy · Married on 11/16/2017

All around best experience!!. Mark the owner was very friendly and prompt. Missi our wedding coordinator was so awesome in making sure everything went flawlessly! The landscape and architecture are so beautiful and the atmosphere was all around amazing! We hosted our 155 person wedding there and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding day! I would recommend this venue and staff to anybody in search of the perfect wedding venue.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Aimie · Married on 11/05/2017

I got married on November 5, 2017 and let me tell you, Dulany's Overlook is THE place to have a wedding. Not only is it a beyond GORGEOUS venue, the staff at Dulany's is awesome. When we toured the venue, we met Mark, the owner, and he was so nice and kind and you could tell he wanted to get to know the couple and not just get you to sign the dotted line. Upon signing the contract, we were assigned with one of the venue's coordinators, Liz, who is quite honestly one of the best people I've ever met in my life. Anytime I emailed/texted her, she would respond back ASAP and was so incredibly helpful.

Even on wedding day, there was unexpected rain/drizzle that occurred throughout the morning. I went back and forth all morning and decided to just have the wedding outside and the staff worked their butts off to set up the outdoor ceremony and dry off all the chairs.

My husband and I are beyond thankful for the staff and for being able to have had our big day at Dulany's Overlook. Our crowd LOVED the venue and they continue to tell me, even after the wedding, how beautiful it was.

Thank you Mark, Liz and the rest of the Dulany's staff for making our day so beautiful.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Brian · Married on 10/28/2017

This venue was phenomenal. We thought we were going to have to inside due to weather, but when the rain broke, the venue and our coordinator, Lori, did an excellent job making adjustments so we could get married outside on the lawn. Everyone we interacted with in regards to the venue was prompt and helpful. I cannot speak more highly of the professionalism and communication skills of Mark, the owner of the venue. We couldn't image getting married anywhere else and recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 05/25/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/22/2017

After looking at several wedding venues, nothing was making us feel like we found a place that represented us. After meeting Mark and Juanita, and pulling up the driveway to see the farmhouse and barn at the top of the hill, we looked at each other and said, “this is the place.” While you can see for yourselves how beautiful the property is, you can’t see how the owners treat you as a client. Mark and Juanita are welcoming, warm, and beyond honest. They made sure that we had the venue set up the way we wanted and that the property was immaculate. While Mark and Juanita assign a coordinator, we highly recommend having a third-party planner, as the coordinator is only responsible for helping to make sure that the venue is set up the way you want (for example, tables and chairs are where you want, etc.). We found having a separate wedding planner really ensured that the details and design were set up the way we wanted. Besides having a perfect, picturesque location and property, we enjoyed having the freedom and privacy of the property the entire day. Having our active dog as part of our wedding was incredibly important to us. The pet policy at Dulany’s Overlook which allowed our dog access to all areas on our wedding day made the day even more perfect. Mark will be there on the day of to ensure there are not issues, in fact, when our shuttle buses couldn’t make the turn onto the property, he jumped on one of the shuttle buses to show the drivers how to access the property from a secondary location. We loved the property for our Sunday wedding and our guests are still raving about how beautiful it was. However, several of our guests commented that although the venue was gorgeous, the bathrooms were not up to par. Several of our guests figured out they could go to the farmhouse, but others tried to hold it instead of using the bathroom trailer. Every time we visited the venue, the bathroom was always fine, but I don’t believe they’re serviced throughout the weekend, so

Sent on 01/08/2018