Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center Reviews

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 4
Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 5
Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 6

Alicia · Married on 09/10/2010

We had an incredible time at the reception and the Drexelbrook team is a big reason for that. Working with them was every bride’s dream- they were so organized, timely, responsive and experienced. I never once worried about our reception and what a relief that is! They certainly have this line of business nailed down and do what they do SO well and with such professionalism and attention to detail. Working with them for the past year has been so wonderful. Additionally, their level of customer service was unparalleled- we had our own attendant for the night and she was so helpful. The food was incredible and all of our guests enjoyed their meals thoroughly- that is not something you find at every reception hall!!! I would do it all again there and would not change a thing!

Sent on 09/27/2010
  • chocolategirl

Niesha · Married on 08/28/2010

I absolutely LOVED the Drexelbrook and here is my story.

I originally fell in love with the venue online, and once I contacted them, and my date was available, I already knew this would be my venue!

I made an appointment after several emails with Jessica McBrearty, and took a tour, and I was in absolute awe and LOVED what I saw. I booked just a few days later.

From the beginning, my coordinator Jessica took care of my needs, whatever i wanted she made sure I had, whatever i didn't want, she made sure I didn't have, and was a big reason of making my wedding day special at the Drexelbrook. Jessica was very professional throughout the entire process, very responsive to emails and phone calls, and made suggestions, which I do love. She helped to make my day perfect for me.

There were no hidden surprises with the Drexelbrook, and I have no complaints.

The day of my wedding, I feel that i was waited on hand and foot. The staff was excellent, and so was our maitre de. The location is awesome, easy to get to and EXCLUSIVE, it's tucked away from the street, and became my hidden jewel. since i missed the cocktail hour taking pictures, hors'devures and beverages were brought to the area where we took pictures, so I really didn'tmiss a thing. i absolutely enjoyed my day!

The food was fantastic, very yummy :-) so much that my guests took leftovers from the guests who didn't come.

I would recommend Drexelbrook to any bride getting married.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Kelly · Married on 08/28/2010

Drexelbrook is the perfect venue for a wedding reception. From the first meeting with Drexelbrook to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. The staff was on top of every detail of the reception from start to finish. We have been receiving so many compliments about our reception and how classy it was. Our guests were especially impressed with the white-glove service and delicious food and beverages. We are thrilled with our decision to have our wedding reception at Drexelbrook, and would not have changed one thing about our wedding day.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Kristine · Married on 07/31/2010

We worked with Jean who is the manager of the facility. She was absolutely delightful to work with. Our reception went like clock work with no problems at all. Everyone loved the facilities at Drexelbrook and we got countless raves from various guests. I would highly highly recommend Drexelbrook to others getting married in the area. You can't get the same overall experience from any other facility at the same price. They treated us like royalty and I was absolutely wowwed by the experience.

Sent on 08/18/2010

Jenna-Leah · Married on 05/22/2010

Christina Lyle was our wedding coordinator and she was FABULOUS. The entire venue was incredibly helpful and was able to answer questions and concerns I had that ventured beyond the actual reception. Everyone was very professional and accommodating and worked with any request we had. I was able to speak with our coordinator whenever I needed her and she was truly a joy to plan my big day with. Our actual wedding day was beyond my dreams and I wouldn't change a thing about it!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Emily · Married on 08/30/2008

Drexelbrook was amazing to us. Everything we needed, they provided. They did their best to make sure our day went as planned. There were a few things that could not be controlled, like the weather; which they made it extremely special with the ceremony inside. We were definitely amazed at what they did just for us!!! It was their goal to make sure our wedding ceremony and reception went as smooth as possible, and I would have to say that it was the most memorable time of our lives! Thank you to the staff at Drexelbrook for everything!!!

Sent on 09/03/2008

Kathleen · Married on 07/21/2007

Amazing!!!

Sent on 04/24/2008

Susan · Married on 06/24/2007

Our wedding day was incredible because Drexelbrook catered to us in every way possible allowing us to enjoy the ceremony, music, food, and all of our friends and family. We had our ceremony on the South Patio and our reception in the South Ballroom. Both spaces were just beautiful for our special day. I am a Designer, and I made many things for the wedding including the flower arrangements, invitations, personal menus, table centerpieces, cake flowers, etc. and they incorporated everything beautifully without a problem! Their service was impeccable. I highly recommend having an event at this location.

Sent on 12/10/2007

Tara · Married on 06/16/2007

Outstanding- you can't ask for a better value. Everything was top drawer- over a year later people are still raving to us about our wedding. It was everything I could have hoped for and more- awesome food, professional staff, immaculate rooms. You cannot go wrong with Drexelbrook!

Sent on 11/03/2008

Lisa · Married on 09/20/2002

I was married in their Gazebo in September of 2002 and it was the most beautiful day of my life! It couldn't have been a more perfect day!! The staff was so sweet and lovely and made me feel like a princess. I can't say enough of how easy Drexelbrook made it for me to plan my wedding. They were available to me whenever I needed them with any of my questions, helped me get in touch with my photographer and florist, and were simply on top of their game! I would tell any one looking for a venue that Drexelbrook is the only choice you have when you want professionalism, knowledge, elegance and service all in one. There purely is no comparison.

Sent on 05/12/2010

Janelle · Married on 10/28/2017

Great food, a well-stocked bar, and an elegant venue were really important to us when we chose a wedding venue. Drexelbrook is an all-inclusive venue that had met all 3 of those requirements. Their staff were professional and ensured that our event went smoothly; no hiccups whatsoever! Our guests raved about the cocktail hour and dinner food. They also offer a variety of delicious options for guests with dietary restrictions and are certified for gluten-intolerant guests. I was especially impressed with their vegetarian and vegan offerings. Since I don't eat meat, I often get vegetarian meals at weddings that aren't filling or aren't seasoned well. Drexelbrook's vegetarian and vegan offerings are so much better than most other venues' dinners that I've eaten. If you're looking for an elegant wedding venue with great food, an awesome bar, and professional staff at a reasonable price, look no further than Drexelbrook!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center's reply:

Janelle, You were an absolutely beautiful bride! Matt and you are a perfect couple. Much happiness and love with your marriage. Congratulations1
    Jeannie

Lisa · Married on 11/21/2015

I can't thank Jeannie, Samantha, and the rest of the Drexelbrook team enough for making our wedding perfect. They helped us tremendously in the planning process and always made us feel like we were their top priority. Throughout our engagement, I frequently e-mailed Jeannie and Sam questions, requests, decision changes, etc. They always responded almost immediately and made sure that all of our needs and wants were met.

You do not have to worry about having a "cookie cutter" wedding at Drexelbrook. The ballrooms are beautiful and the service is tremendous. Our Maitre D’ for the day of our wedding was Ray and he was phenomenal. We had our ceremony, pictures, and reception at Drexelbrook and it couldn't have been more perfect. Ray and his team made everything run smoothly without interfering.

We received rave reviews from our guests about the food, venue, and service. From cocktail hour to dessert, family members and friends are still e-mailing me about how perfect everything was. I have a self-proclaimed Type A personality and tend to stress out easily. I couldn't believe how calm I was throughout the entire day and didn't worry about ONE thing. I know now that it was because Drexelbrook handled everything perfectly and professionally. We had the best day!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Hilda · Married on 11/01/2014

Had a, great time at Drexel brook the service the food n Anthony our wedding coordinater was GREAT.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Eunice · Married on 08/30/2014

Jean was very professional, detailed and so helpful. My husband and I were very pleased with how our wedding turned out. And all the guests marveled at the appetizer and the entrees! Thank you sooooo much Jean!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Morin · Married on 05/25/2014

My wedding was on May 25th 2014. We worked mostly with Jean and she was amazing. All throughout the planning process she was easy to get hold of and was able to help with any needed ideas. On the day itself i do not remember the name of the Matriea de but he was also great. Sadly we were running behind time and the matrea de was rushing us for alot of things. even though the event itself was great and the overall aspect was well there were details in things i noticed that made me upset just thinking back to it. For instance my walk down the aisle was rushed and was not something i can be happy about because the flower girl was so shy she was walking slowly and they ended up rushing me to also get out there which annoyed me because the sole attention was not on me. Also the cocktail hr was cut short also because we were running late so lots of the pictures i should have taken for my memories weren't possible. I believe i shouldn't have been rushed for that and they even rushed the photographer too which annoyingly he listened. But i blame myself for not being stern enough at the moment, because i was so distracted. Due to this i have almost no pictures of my bridal party together. Because of this is why i gave the 4.5 in flexibility because the bride and groom should not be rushed but be advised on how the day is going. Not knowing what time it is does not help when there is so much that needed to be done. Besides that, everything did look marvelous and the food especially was great, even though i did not get to finish it because i was walking around for most of the night. I would definitely recommend this venue because it had a great price and great atmosphere with other great additions which made my day special.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Schweta · Married on 05/26/2013

This place, first of all, is BEAUTIFUL. Our wedding and reception were fabulous and I was thoroughly pleased with the outcome. Planning was a breeze with Jeane.....we started planned a year in advance, met on a frequent basis, and there was minimal stress prior to the event. Her staff is amazing, warm, professional and prompt with service on the day of....you truly feel royal!
    The only issue I had with them is that our wedding favors were not properly laid out, and half the guests did not receive their favor. However, Drexel Brook rectified the matter and mailed each favor out to the guests after the wedding....so really it wasn't much of an issue!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Anita · Married on 11/10/2012

The Drexelbrook with Anthony D' Angelo, Vincent, Fatima and all the support staff made dreams come true for my husband and I as we celebrated our first daughter, Julliana's wedding reception. The evening was seamless, professional, stunning, delicious, warm, kind and attentive to all details. Each and everyone that served us from the front desk receptionist to the cake maker and chef and Anthony and Vincent's confident capable calm. All was excellent. We will definitely choose Drexelbrook when we marry our other two daughters and for any other special event. Respectfully, Anita and Bob Morro

Sent on 11/18/2012

The event specialist was very knowledgeable and helpful the entire time. The staff was great. It was a very pleasant experience.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Chris · Married on 09/13/2014

Our wedding at Drexelbrook was on 9/13/14. From the first day of planning we worked with Anthony D'Angelo. He was very helpful in setting everything up and keeping us on track with everything we had to have in place for our big day.

If we had any questions he was always a email or phone call away.

We had a number of in person meetings leading up to our wedding day to plan everything down to the exact time it would happen the day of our wedding.

The night of our wedding at Drexelbrook went as planned.

The room was decorated just as we wanted. Everything we gave them they placed on the tables exactly where we wanted and how we wanted it to be setup.

Overall service was great. We got a lot of compliments from our guests about the venu and friendly staff.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Catherine · Married on 04/11/2014

Our wedding at Drexelbrook in April 2014 was nothing short of amazing! Jeannie was great helping us from start to finish. They had so many options to choose from between the menu, hor dourves, alcohol, place setting, wedding cake etc. The staff was polite, professional and courteous and the grand ballroom looked beautiful and was exactly the way we duscussed. My maitre 'd, Ray, was fabulous. He was there for anything my fiance and I needed the entire day of the wedding. I cannot say enough great things about my wedding and truly thank Drexelbrook for making my dream day come to life!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Sony · Married on 05/24/2008

A very pleasant group of people willing to negotiate so both parties are happy. They are very organized and are more than capable of handling a large number of guests. The reception hall was stunning.

Sent on 01/15/2009

Colleen · Married on 09/08/2007

The people at Drexelbrook were positively amazing. The wedding cake for my reception was included in my price, and they allowed me full reign of the design of the cake. I gave them a picture of what I wanted, and Michelle my coordinator put it together perfectly...from the off center stacking to the different design on every level. I can't say enough fantastic things about them.

Sent on 11/29/2007

Melissa · Married on 10/06/2017

3.5

Drexelbrook was great! So responsive and venue is absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Tamekia · Married on 08/30/2014

Anthony was the most helpful. He went above and beyond to make my special day memorable.

Sent on 09/08/2014
  • Geeta

Geeta · Married on 05/26/2013

I would have given Drexelbrook complete 5 stars except for a mishap about our wedding favors. They did not distribute one box which caused some confusion at the reception! We spent a lot of time and money on them so were a little upset.! But Jean is wonderful and she simply mailed them out after the event.Thanks Jean!
    The venue is outstanding, and the staff are great. I just wish they had a hotel attached so we didn't have to drive from the hotel to the venue.
    We got a lot of compliments about the wedding.
    Jean is a great coordinator, she spent a lot of time with us and succeeded in pleasing my daughter, who is quite picky. We also picked up leftovers and flowers etc the next day that Jean had stored for us. It was really nice if her to do that.
    So I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/16/2013