Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center Reviews

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 6
Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 7

Kevin Brophy · Married on 08/01/2019

Wonderful Wedding Facility

Our daughter and son in law were married this past Saturday. (07/27/2019) We held the reception at the Drexelbrook. It was the perfect venue; the room was spacious and elegant. The dance floor was a great size to fit all guests. Cocktail hour was wonderful, offering a wide variety of apps. A separate room for the bridal party was set up with hors d”oeuvres before they joined the guests in the main lobby for cocktails. Dinner was delicious, following with cake and ice cream bar We worked with Anthony D’Angelo. Anthony calmly walked us thru each important detail. He was honest with us from our first visit until we left the Holiday Inn parking lot Sunday morning. He listened to us and made each request come to life better than we had imagined. The staff and their execution was flawless. Our wedding at Drexelbrook was enjoyed by many, a memorable occasion! Some guests stayed the night at the new Holiday Inn attached to the Drexelbrook. The convenience and comfort of the hotel was wonderful!
    Thank you Anthony, Dominic, Fatima, bartenders, and all of the staff. We were so happy with everything! Kevin & Anita Brophy

Sent on 08/01/2019

Deborah Harris · Married on 07/20/2019

Great Place to have an event!!!!

The service was great. My guests said that they loved the food. I enjoyed the day. It was a day to remember.

Sent on 08/22/2019
    Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 9

David D Strolle · Married on 06/11/2019

The Best of Everything

Our daughter's wedding was on June 8, 2019. The job done by everyone at Drexelbrook was just outstanding. From our initial meeting with their representative Crissey Lyle 18 months ago until we finished packing our car and drove off at the end of the affair, everything was first class. The food served during both the cocktail hour, at dinner and afterwards was outstanding and many of my guests remarked that it was superior to that of the finest restaurants. The staff performed at such a high level of efficiency I can not imagine how they were able to maintain their pace for the entire evening. Always smiling and offering assistance, they were just the greatest. On top of that, the actual facility is stunning in appearance. Cocktail hour was held in their large and beautiful lobby which we entered directly from another room where we had a second ceremony under a Chuppah. Drexelbrook even did a fabulous job assisting us in managing that as well. (The first ceremony was held at our church.) Needless to say, we were very happy with how well everything turned out. No drama! Even the venders they recommended and we used were top notch. You will not be disappointed. By the way, did I mentioned that their pricing is quite reasonable and there is a brand new hotel connected directly to their facility. In summary, we had great food and service in a fabulous facility at a reasonable price. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center's reply:

Hello Mr. & Mrs. Strolle, Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your feedback. it was indeed a great pleasure to meet everyone and assist with such a beautiful and spectacular celebration. Looking forward to showcasing Jen and Zach on our website. On behalf of the Drexelbrook Team, thank you for the opportunity to help create happy memories. Congratulations!
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 04/27/2019

Drexelbrook Catering Excellent Venue

They provided an excellent service. The staff was on point and received many compliments from our guest. They also provided transportation from the hotel, to the church and from the church to the venue. The manager was very prompt in responding to our needs.

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 10
    Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 11
    Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 12
    Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 13
    Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center 14

C Delucca · Married on 04/13/2019

Excellent venue!!

Drexelbrook and all the staff put on an AMAZING wedding. You all were so attentive to all the details that the entire event was seamless. I have gotten many comments like, " you set the bar high", " going to be hard for the next wedding to top this one", "outstanding wedding".
    So, thank you for all the hard work to make our daughters day extra special!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Kate · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing food and service!!

We are so glad that we had Drexelbrook for our wedding! We got married at Franklin Commons in Phoenixville on 10/12/18 and Drexelbrook is the exclusive caterer for the venue. The food was phenomenal (and there was plenty of it) and the service was even better! We worked with Kim Savino during our wedding planning process and she made every step of planning so easy and enjoyable. On our wedding day we had Ray and Emily as the Manager and Co-Manager and they were AMAZING! Seriously they were just the best - we raved about them for days! They were on top of everything and always 5 steps ahead! We had so many guests comment on how wonderful all of the Drexelbrook team was and how great the food was! Cocktail hour, dinner, the coffee and sweets bar, all of it is seriously exceptional. We even had a donut wall that was a huge hit! We would recommend Kim and the entire Drexelbrook team to everyone!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Valerie · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with the Drexelbrook was truly a wonderful experience. Our representative was Jeanne and she was extremely helpful and accommodating. As a bride who no longer lives in the area scheduling meetings were sometimes tricky but Jeanne was always able to come through. My reception was beautiful and went very smoothly. The entire staff was great! Very helpful and friendly. The food was delicious. I truly could not have made a better choice. My husband and I are very happy with our experience here and heartily recommend this venue. Thanks you to everyone there for making our day beautiful and easy!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Hi Valerie,
    It was an honor to host Bennie and your wedding at Drexelbrook.
    I adored working with you both! Your father coming with your sister, Wanda and you on Father's Day was the best and a memory you will cherish for ever. The royal blue colors, flowers, cake could not of been more unique of a wedding. The best was Bennie's cigar fire pit ~ it was a hit with everyone! Please send pictures, we would love to see how gorgeous of a bride you were all over again! Congratulations again with much happiness and love always. Jeannie

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

We used Drexelbrook Catering at Franklin Commons in Phoenixville...

Kim Savino is absolutely incredible. From the very first day I met her, she was nothing but positive, happy, and helpful. She made us feel like we were the most important couple in the world every single time we met with her. When we had our food tasting, she had personalized menus made for us and put on a special dinner. It was very evident through each meeting how important customer service is to her and her business, Drexelbrook Catering. On the day of the wedding, Kim and her staff were so incredible, they honestly left me speechless. Fatima and Craig did EVERYTHING and ANYTHING they could to make our day incredible. Fatima even helped figure out my bustle when we couldn't figure it out! Craig pulled my chair out for me every single time I went to sit down (which was a lot). Any time I needed something or my groom needed something, we didn't even have to search for a staff member, they were right in front of us ready to help us and take our requests. I really can't say enough about Drexelbrook, Kim, and her staff. The food was also INCREDIBLE and there was SO MUCH of it! The stations during cocktail hour were a hit and the food at dinner was fantastic. HAVE YOUR EVENT AT FRANKLIN COMMONS!!!! You get the best of both worlds - the amazing venue (with so much to offer) and the amazing staff at Drexelbrook. I promise you won't be disappointed! Thank you Kim for making our day so special - it well exceeded any expectations that we had!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center's reply:

Thank you so very much Jessica for your kind words and selecting Drexelbrook at the Franklin Commons for your Wedding. It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day. We wish you and Wayne a lifetime of happiness. We certainly hope we can serve you again in the near future.

Donna · Married on 10/28/2017

The wedding reception of our daughter and new son-in-law was so fabulous! Our coordinator, Jeannie, was a delight to work with throughout the whole process. She and her staff paid attention to every detail that we had discussed. The cocktail hour provided a perfect start to the evening. There was plenty of room for guests to mix and mingle in the Grand Lobby. In addition, we had beautiful weather, so the staff had set up a second bar on the new outdoor patio where our guests enjoyed comfortable seating around the firepits. The food stations and hand-passed hors d’oeuvres were all outstanding and enjoyed by all!
    The ballroom was stunning - so elegant, classy and spacious! The elevated sweetheart table was a special touch, as every guest could see the bride and groom and they had a full view of all the guests and activities below.
    The kitchen staff did an exceptional job with all the food - from the hors d’oeuvres to dinner and finally to the sweet endings offerings. We had some friends tell us they have been to eight weddings this year and this wedding was, by far, the best. All the guests raved about the food.
    When looking for a wedding venue in the Philadelphia area, our daughter and son-in-law were seeking a place with simple elegance that had good drinks and especially, great food, at a reasonable price. The Drexelbrook and staff delivered on all fronts!
    The Drexelbrook is currently building a hotel on site, that is expected to open sometime in 2018. We booked over 18 months ago and were then worried and disappointed to learn of the hotel construction and loss of the original patio we had loved. However, the Drexelbrook addressed all our concerns with the new replacement patio. Our guests never even realized there was construction in progress behind the beautiful ballroom. The Drexelbrook will be an even more fabulous venue once the hotel is completed!!
    Thank you to Jeannie and all the staff for such a memorable celebration!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center's reply:

Donna all I can say is WOW for your daughter's wedding. It was an absolute pleasure working with everyone on this magical day! Please send pictures!

Kellyn · Married on 08/26/2017

I was so lucky that someone recommended Drexelbrook to me!! My wedding day was perfect and everyone at Drexelbrook went above and beyond to make it that way. All of my guests said the service was outstanding and they've never had better wedding food, than what we had at Drexelbrook. We even had one dedicated employee, Diamond, just taking care of the bridal party, which was so helpful! My husband and I, and my bridal party, never had to go up to the bar, Diamond always brought us our drinks and made sure everything was perfect. They did an amazing job setting up the space for our wedding and it was better than I could have ever imagined! Thank you SO much Drexelbrook for making my wedding day so much fun and absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Rino · Married on 07/08/2017

I had my wedding here in July 2017 and I highly recommend this venue! I have nothing but praise for them! Jeannie was my wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing. From day one she was patient, accommodating, detail-oriented, organized, friendly, responsive, and truly showed she cared about us. She really listens to what your vision is and makes sure it comes alive on your wedding night. The other staff are phenomenal as well. During our wedding reception we had two attendants specifically assigned to us and our parents, and they were always around asking us if we wanted any food or drink. If it weren't for them I probably would have missed out on a lot of the cocktail hour food and dessert because we were busy greeting people!

The food itself was absolutely delicious, from the appetizers to dinner to dessert to drinks. The cost is very reasonable compared to other venues - you get your own signature drink, a TON of food, an outdoor firepit, etc. The ONLY critique I have is that they are currently undergoing construction (attaching a hotel to the venue), but they did a good job of hiding any evidence of construction the actual day of (you wouldn't know if you were a guest).

Drexelbrook is AMAZING and I highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married. We looked at a dozen venues and we're so glad we decided on here. We are so happy with how everything leading up to the wedding and the actual wedding day played out.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Alison · Married on 06/17/2017

We had our wedding at Drexelbrook in the south/central ballroom a few weeks ago, and what an incredible day it was! Rain, terrible heat, and high humidity could not stop us from having a beautiful day, largely in part to Drexelbrook.

From the moment we first met with Drexelbrook, they were so flexible and easy to work with. They listened to the vision I had and made it happen, better than I ever could. I'm still receiving compliments on the beauty of the ballroom and the deliciousness of the food. So many people have told me the apps were the best they've ever tasted.

Kim Savino was our contact person throughout the entire process and does her job with perfection. What a wonderful asset to the company. The day was better than we could have ever imagined. Wish we could do it all over again!

If you're getting married, CHOOSE DREXELBROOK!

Sent on 07/09/2017

STEPHEN · Married on 03/25/2017

Looking for a reception venue for your wedding in the Philadelphia area? Well, your search just ended because there is no reason to book anywhere other than Drexelbrook. We cannot emphasize enough how wonderful our reception was. From the first consultation over nine months ago up until the end of the night, their staff was on point in every way. Jean Fernandez was our wedding coordinator and there aren't enough words to describe how helpful she was in making sure every detail was covered and ensuring our event was stress-free, enjoyable, and customized exactly to our vision. As soon as we arrived on the big day the staff was right there to ensure that we had everything we needed, that everything was set up correctly, and that the events of the night moved along as scheduled with no hiccups. Our reception was in the beautiful South Ballroom..... I cannot express how absolutely amazing everything looked, from the lighting to the tables, to the centerpieces, et cetera. Additionally, Drexelbrook is known for their food, and everything was utterly delicious. Hors de'ourves, entrees, salads, dessert, our signature cocktail, everything was spectacular. Do yourself a favor and book your reception at Drexelbrook. You will NOT be disappointed or stressed in any way. Thank you thank you Jeannie and Drexelbrook for everything!!!!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center's reply:

It was an honor to help with your and Rico's Wedding! All I can say is your wedding was a WOW! All of your guest had a fantastic time especially dancing.
    Keep in touch. Please send pictures. Jeannie

Dana · Married on 12/03/2016

In a word, FANTASTIC!!!
    Doug and I were married in December, in a tent in our backyard. Not an easy venue to pull off, especially in December, but Dominic and his team did just that! We felt taken care of from start to finish. During the planning, Dominic encouraged our ideas and using his skills and experience, took it up a notch to perfection! Tim and Fatima (as well as all of the staff), were absolutely fantastic. They were so attentive and thoughtful throughout the night. I never had an empty glass or plate. We have had MANY compliments on the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. And the food. The food was top notch! We couldn't have been happier with the quality, taste and presentation. Again, we have had SO many compliments on how delicious the food was and how "fun" it was. I hope to have an opportunity to use Drexelbrook Catering in the future and in the meantime, I will recommend them again and again.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Hi Dana...
    Thanks so much. we had such a nice day, sun and not chilly at all. The ceremony was beautiful and thanks so much for letting create such a "fun" menu!
    The signature drinks were a big hit! Congrats!
    Domenick & the Drexelbrook Team

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

Drexelbrook made our wedding day an absolute dream! From day one, working with everyone there was such a pleasure! Jeannie was by far the best part of the whole experience. From day one, she was attentive, organized, and offered great suggestions to put our mind at ease. We never had to worry about a thing because we knew they had it taken care of! On the day of the wedding Ray and Diamond took care of the wedding party's every need. Our guests have not stopped raving about the wedding - everyone loved the food and the venue, which is absolutely gorgeous! My favorite part about Drexelbrook is that it doesn't feel like a business. They really seem to care about the people being married. All in all, it was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/08/2016

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Drexelbrook and their staff! Jeannie was our coordinator and wonderful to work with! She was always accommodating to our needs, which included at times, having to feed our baby during a meeting! We were extremely impressed on our wedding day with the service of their staff, including Fatima and Robert. The ceremony and reception areas were beautifully decorated and no detail was lacking. I just kept thanking everyone for their hard work and for making our wedding go off without any issues! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Hi Nicole...
    Your wedding was so much fun! We are honored that you selected Drexelbrook. thanks for the kind words about our staff I will be sure to pass them along!
    All the Best,

Jim & Diane · Married on 09/23/2016

You need to be open to the possibilities and vision this venue can become! Kim and her staff came through to create a memorable night for our son and daughter-in-law, it was everything they envisioned, just perfect! We can't say enough for the quality of service the night of the wedding, the staff was attentive to every detail! The ceremony was in the courtyard, then the cocktail hour outside and the reception inside, it flowed smoothly!The food was phenomenal and there was more than enough! We highly recommend Franklin Commons and Drexelbrook Catering!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review. The Franklin Commons is truly unique and the personal touches you added were just so memorable. glad you enjoyed the food and service. Congrats on your wedding day!

Sincerely,
    Kim

Rachel · Married on 09/09/2016

Our Drexelbrook wedding was a beautiful experience. This venue was everything we could have dreamed of down to the smallest detail. Our coordinator Jeannie was a delight to work with. She and the entire Drexelbrook staff took a personal interest in accommodating our needs and ensuring that our special day went smoothly. The ballroom was beautiful and the food was amazing. Although a month ago, guests are still calling to tell us what a fabulous wedding we had.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Hello Rachel...
    Jessica and Eric's Wedding was beautiful. The patio with gazebo for the ceremony and then the beautiful South Ballroom. They are such a wonderful couple. Your entire families were a pleasure to work with!

All the Best,

Tina · Married on 07/10/2016

My fiancé and I extensively researched and visited numerous wedding venues in the Philadelphia area. Drexelbrook was unequivocally our top wedding venue for so many reasons.
    We were attracted to Drexelbrook’s well-established reputation in event and catering, elegant wow factor of the South ballroom and South Terrace gazebo, and variety of freshly prepared food & beverage selection.
    Since we were an out of town bride and groom that lived in different states, their wedding package really helped saved us time and worry. Their package included extras not found at other venues such as a custom wedding cake from one of Philadelphia top wedding cake bakeries, floral centerpieces, chiavari ballroom chairs, large colorful selection of linens and napkins, and complimentary guest parking.
    Overall, the professional, friendly, responsive staff was what solidified our choice. From our first meeting with our Drexelbrook wedding coordinator Christina Lyle, we sensed her genuine excitement in planning our wedding. During the year and a half of correspondences, she always happily answered our million questions and worked tirelessly to accommodate our requests. We were pleasantly surprised the week before our wedding, when she added free upgrades to make our wedding day extra special.
    The day of the wedding confirmed we had made the right choice. Ray, Ginny, Kim, and their staff always made sure my fiancé and I were well taken care of and fed. The Drexelbrook team worked their magic and made the day flowed seamlessly. Drexelbrook, thank you for an amazing day we will never forget!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Hello Tina...
    wow thank you so much for the great review. I totally enjoyed getting to know you and Derek. I am glad we were able to customize your wedding your way; your food menu was amazing. Even the gluten Free items were creative. I will you and Derek the best!

for the Drexelbrook Team,

Christina

Anathalia · Married on 06/25/2016

From start to finish our experience working with Drexelbrook Catering & Special Event Center has been beyond amazing. I reached out to several venues via phone and email and Drexelbrook responded with 20 minutes of my inquiry. They were extremely friendly and informative over the phone and made an appointment for my fiancé and I to see Drexelbrook. There we met our wedding guardian angel Anthony Deangelo. He knew just the right questions to ask us in order to properly envision our special day and make it come to life. He went over all the information regarding wedding packages and all of the things included. They reach out local vendors to create a very impressive inclusive wedding package. Anthony provided contact information so we could reach him at any point during the wedding planning process with ideas, questions, or concerns and he always answered back promptly. Our big day began with our cocktail hour in the Franscotti room. Everyone was greeted with chilled champagne. There were also two food stations set up and white glove catered hor’douvs. So much delicious food that first hour I was worried everyone would be to full to eat. But that was definitely not a problem. Our guests were so excited to eat dinner. Our reception was in the Mansion ballroom. The first glimpse of seeing our beautiful and elegant room took my breath away. Our dinner was deliciously made with fresh ingredients. They also assigned us our own server who ensured we ate and drank (I had friends say they were barely able to eat or drink at their own weddings). Guests still compliment us on the food and drinks at our wedding. We danced the night away. The staff was so pleasant and made sure our wedding ran smoothly. I would recommend Drexelbrook Catering and Anthony DeAngelo to all our friends and family because they have now become a part of our family.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Hello Anathalla...
    So nice of you to give us such a great review. I enjoyed planning your wedding and hope all is well. The Mansion Ballroom certainly looked beautiful and yes the chilled champagne upon arrival really sets the tone for a great night. you had such a fun group!

It was an honor to host your wedding,
    Anthony

Nasim · Married on 06/11/2016

I cannot begin to describe how impressed we were with Drexelbrook's services. They were truly professional and helped us throughout the entire process of planning to our actual day of. They made sure everything ran smoothly, and things stayed to schedule, so the bride and groom did not have to worry about anything! We were truly cared for the entire night. My guests were raving about the food, the service, the hospitality, and the organization. They kept coming to us to make sure we did not need anything throughout the night and were helpful in making sure everything was perfect on our wedding day! I highly recommend Drexelbrook to future brides because the wedding venue was beautiful, and the staff was truly accommodating! We love Drexelbrook!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Hello Nasim...
    I hope you and Tim are doing well! What a great wedding. I am glad our team was able to take care of you with personalized service. I loved your signature drink! the Grand ballroom looked amazing and so did you and Tim. Thanks so much for selecting Drexelbrook!

For the Drexelbrook Team,
    Christina

Ann · Married on 05/07/2016

We had our 5/7/16 wedding reception at Drexelbrook Catering. Thanks to Kim and all of the wonderful staff for helping to make this the best night of our lives. During the planning process, Kim always responded to our emails right away and was always extremely helpful. The staff for the evening were all so kind, the food was amazing, and the venue itself is beautiful. We couldn't be happier with Drexelbrook!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Hi Ann...
    thanks so much for the kind words. I hope you and Mark are doing well. we certainly enjoyed hosting your wedding. The Mansion Ballroom looked great!
    I will pass your thoughts on to the staff and thanks again for selecting Drexelbrook.
    Sincerely,
    Kim

Donna · Married on 04/23/2016

I run several events every year. We decided to have my son's wedding at the Drexelbrook for some 360 guests. I have never in my life experienced such class and organization. The staff could not do enough for every single person there. The food came out at the same time for all of our guests. Nothing was cold. Every dish was cooked to perfection. I never write reviews but I could not let this go without saying. If you choose the Drexelbrook, your day will be PERFECT and you will not have to worry about a thing! JUST ENJOY!!!!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Hi Donna...
    Kristina & Mike were so much fun to work with. You all made the Grand Ballroom look so elegant...and your band, the Insiders, were off the charts. I had so much fun working with you, Scott and everyone. You certainly brought the party as promised! I will pass this along to the staff.

For the Drexelbrook Team,
    Domenick

Susan · Married on 11/28/2015

Kim and the staff exceeded our expectations. The service and food was outstanding! We highly recommend your wedding at Drexelbrook.

Sent on 12/05/2015