Dream Makers NY Reviews

59 Reviews for Dream Makers NY

1 User photo

June · Married on 09/04/2020

Perfect Wedding Day with Dream Makers

Tara and Raquel was amazing on the day of wedding. It was a great decision to hire them as a Day of Coordinator. They were able to go through every details with me before the wedding. On the day of wedding, they made everything easier and smoother. With so many things going on the day of wedding, I was so thankful to have them to help out small details and any requests that we had. I would recommend anyone to have Tara and Raquel for a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Donna M. · Married on 12/07/2019

Highly Recommend Dream Makers!

My wedding day was a complete success and I owe it all to Dream Makers! I truly enjoyed working with Tara and Raquel. They are so professional and kept me at ease. The timeline they help me create made my day easy to manage and kept me stress free!

Sent on 04/07/2020

Patrice · Married on 09/15/2019

One of the best investments we made for our wedding

If you’re looking for any kind of help with your wedding, from month-of planning to just day-of execution, stop looking and hire Tara’s team. As someone who has a few years’ worth of experience planning large events in New York City, I was looking for a day-of coordinator to help execute the plan and details that my fiancé and I had put together, so that our family and friends wouldn’t have to worry about them and could enjoy the day with us. After a great introductory phone conversation with Tara, I knew we’d found the right person. She has extensive wedding industry experience, and she and her team worked with our vendors to make our day flawless. We had a church ceremony and a reception in a different location, and everything - and I mean everything - was on time. Once you book your venue, it’s easy to forget that the venue is only expected to handle certain aspects of your wedding details, and depending on the level of service you’re getting, there are plenty of things that they may not be responsible for handling. Having a coordinator helps to ensure that all of your vendors are working well together, and Tara’s team was critical in doing just that for our big day. My fiancé and I both agreed that working with her was one of the best vendor decisions we made for our wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/06/2019

Above and Beyond!

Raquel and the Dream Makers Team were absolutely phenomenal. I thought I didn't need a DoC but my venue required it. There are so many out there that charge a ridiculous amount of money. We found Raquel through our venue, Dobbin St. She is incredible. She is one of the most organized and professional people I have ever met. She knows weddings. She went above and beyond to make our day so special. She got to know my fiance and I and made sure that every decision she made was in the best interest of our vision for the wedding. Raquel knew we were on a budget and made sure to do whatever she could to support that. As we watched the weather leading up to the wedding day we realized there was going to be a hurricane traveling up the coast and this put a huge wrench in our plans. Raquel was flexible, she planned ahead and made some gametime decisions for us and made it so we barely noticed that we couldn't have our ceremony on the roof. She had incredible relationships with all of our other vendors which made it so when we showed up on the day of our wedding, there was nothing for us to do. She made sure we ate, had fun and made sure that the day was about us. I cannot say enough about Raquel. She spent so much more time than she had to on making our wedding special. She is the best decision we made when planning for vendors. Thank you, Raquel!!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Jess B. · Married on 07/21/2019

Highly Recommend Dream Makers & Raquel!

We used Dream Makers for our wedding day of coordinator, and we cannot recommend them enough! We worked with Raquel for our wedding, and she was fantastic! Raquel was so organized, friendly, and professional. On our wedding day Raquel and her team anticipated all of our needs, and solved any issues that might have arisen without us ever knowing there was even a hiccup that occurred. Raquel made our wedding day completely full of ease for us. We literally had nothing to problem solve because Raquel took care of everything, and she made sure everything was flawless. Our wedding was perfect to us, and everyone had a fabulous time, and we know that this was in large part due to Raquel and her team's hard work that day. We truly can’t say enough positive things about our experience working with Raquel and Dream Makers!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 06/29/2019

Great experience

They were professional, reliable, and had excellent ideas to help organize the space (way better than our setup ideas). We are so glad to have hired them. Raquel made sure everything went perfectly, helping with every little detail.

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/22/2019

Nothing short of amazing!

I hired Dream Makers for my 6/22 wedding for Day of Coordinating and it was hands down the best decision I made besides agreeing to marry my husband LOL. Raquel was nothing short of amazing, and had every detail handled perfectly so I'd be able to enjoy my day much more relaxed and stress free. Her level of professionalism is absolutely unmatched, and she made sure everything went off without a hitch throughout the day. For any future bride I meet, I will 1000% be recommending Dream Makers. I was able to take in my special day and really be present, which is what Dream Makers was able to afford me by taking care of everything so well. Cannot thank you enough for all the team did for me on my special day!!
    All my love & gratitude,
    Ashley

Sent on 06/24/2019

Eleni · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Day-of Services

The team at Dream Makers was excellent on the day of my wedding. I knew I wanted a day-of coordinator so I could focus on the big day and none of the issues that come up during a wedding. From the moment I reached out to Tara and her team I felt at ease. They were super courteous and professional. The day of the wedding they dealt with last minute changes like communicating with the venue to make sure the cocktail hour was moved inside due to rain, organizing a last minute food order for my bridal party pre-reception, and even dealing with decorations left behind at my ceremony. Because of Dream Makers I didn't have to worry about a single thing on my big day.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Kelly M. · Married on 05/17/2019

Best decision i made regarding my wedding was hiring DreamMakers!

Raquel was the absolute best. the best thing about this company is the ability to customize what you would like them to do for your. We didn't need EVERYTHING as we had already booked a venue and most of our vendors but there were still many things that i was unsure of and needed guidance. We hired them for 'day of' and some extra planning stuff but to be honest, i don't know what the extra entailed. All i know is that for months before my wedding, whenever i reached out to Raquel, i was promptly answer d and taken care of without so much of a mention that i didnt pay for this particular service. Anything we needed at our wedding was handled. From sewing my husbands too large pants to making sure our guests got on the correct shuttle.... they were flawless. i can't say enough good things about them and highly recommend!! thank you for everything Raquel, Tara and EVERYONE at Dream Makers!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Rezwana U. · Married on 04/14/2019

Phenomenal day of coordination services!

I hired Dream Makers for day of coordination for my wedding this past April. Raquel was my coordinator and was phenomenal and vital to pulling off the day without any hitches. The Dream Makers team worked behind the scenes to make the actual day happen perfectly and because of this I was glad that my family and myself were able to enjoy the day fully without worrying about all the little details that the team saw to. There is a lot more that you get by hiring Dream Makers than just day of coordination! The meeting I had with Raquel beforehand at the venue was very helpful in ironing out a lot of details and in planning the day itself beforehand. Many people told me it was the best wedding they've been to and I could not have hoped for such a wonderful day without them. Thank you Raquel and the Dream Makers team!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Stephanie M. · Married on 11/17/2018

Dream Makers was the best choice for day of coordination

Tara and her team were amazing for the day of coordination for my wedding at The Central Park Boathouse. They were always five steps ahead and kept everything from first look to photos to the party running on time. In addition to being extremely responsive, organized, and extremely knowledgeable about the venue, Tara's prices were hard to beat. If I could give her 10 stars on value I would!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Nina

Nina A. · Married on 11/02/2018

Tact and diplomacy

It’s funny. When I got engaged back in January 2018, Tara (from Dreammakers) was the very first vendor I reserved. We didn’t need coordination through the actual City Hall wedding in November 2018, because we always had our eye on a big ceremony/reception at the first year anniversary mark in November 2019. I have to explain something. I’m a data scientist – which means I am fast, decisive, and organized. I would prefer to get everything paid for, sorted months in advance if that’s possible and I’ll often work so quickly, I’ll accidentally steamroll right over my vendors. From the get-go, I knew I needed help, not with the coordination but with diplomacy, tact, and negotiation. I emailed Tara and knew right away she was the one. She was able to describe to me the timeline, who we should chase and at what point. She was the equivalent of a marathoner coach, telling me at what point we should go full-steam ahead (my favorite speed), and what point we needed to lay off completely to give a little “implied pressure” to vendors who had the capacity to bend the rules for us. She worked with me, we formulated a strategy. I wanted an all-inclusive venue, as few vendors as possible, and above all, I wanted to leave by 9:30pm the night of. She had a spreadsheet system all laid out, and let me spin my wheels as much as I needed, micro-adjusting the tables, the names, the colors. It was great, she let me run out of steam, then we reigned it in together for the last week leading up to it. Day-of coordination, meant that I also met and worked with Raquel. While I was thoroughly impressed with both individuals, I was shocked and impressed when at the end of the night, a rather tipsy guest was trying to encourage me to take my wedding cake home. I didn’t want to because the hotel room fridge is small, and I genuinely eat minimal sugar. After saying quite nicely no a few times, Raquel finally put her foot down and said: The bride said no, her fridge is too small, ok? It was a small, but powerful presence and once again I was reminded of why I liked these two. Tact and diplomacy. A little power, shown at the right time, speaks volumes. Their work was ever professional, but I would say if you really want to know what sets them apart? It’s their ability to know when to press forth and when to back off. You need someone like this in your corner, especially in an industry which thinks anything “wedding” related deserves a 200% markup. I’ll return to them in the future for vow renewals, anniversaries, and hopefully, baby showers.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Kristin P. · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly Recommend!

We used dream makers as our month of/day of coordinator. We had a bad weather situation for our wedding day and a last minute vendor cancellation the day before that made us scramble to completely change the plan for our ceremony & cocktail hour. Raquel helped tremendously with all our last minute changes, and then also executed everything perfectly the day of. We didn't have to worry about a thing and it was so nice to feel confident that everything was going smoothly. That kind of feeling is invaluable on your wedding day!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Nancy · Married on 09/22/2018

Tara was absolutely terrific! I had complete confidence in her ability to manage our daughter's wedding. We had over 200 guests and 21 people in the bridal party. The venue required all vendors to be outsourced so there were quite a few moving parts! Tara coordinated every single detail flawlessly and the evening was perfect. She was super responsive and I highly recommend Tara and Dream Makers NY. Not a single complaint....just a rave review!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Kimberly · Married on 08/31/2018

Tara and her assistant were AMAZING!

She is extremely organized, detail oriented and we aligned on what I wanted in my perfect wedding - MAXIMIZE DANCE TIME!!!

I highly recommend Tara!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Sara · Married on 06/15/2018

We loved working with Tara as our day of coordinator planner! She was able to easy take my notes and translate them perfectly into the wedding I envisioned. She made sure everything ran smoothly behind the scenes with our 12 vendors and we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Anna · Married on 06/08/2018

Tara and her team are simply amazing. She was the best resource during my wedding planning phase. Always so quick to respond to questions with helpful suggestions and great vendor connections. She gives you honest advice that isn't always what you want to hear, but is kind and understanding to help you through any problems you encounter. Being an organized person myself, it was comforting having someone with more experience that matched my way of thinking but could help fill in all the gaps. On the day of the wedding her team was nothing less than incredible there to direct everyone in the bridal party, the guests and my family. I also hired service staff through her and they were equally professional and highly skilled. Everyone was just so calm and quick with whatever they were doing. They make everything effortless so you have nothing left to do but enjoy yourself, which is exactly what I wanted. I literally don't have a single thing to complain about or suggestion to improve. Thank you so much Dream Makers!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Melinda · Married on 06/02/2018

I booked Dream Makers for our June wedding as DOC coordinators and couldn't be happier with the decision. I was really worried about finding the right match, especially because I was doing the planning leading up to the big day myself at a bare-bones venue (The Greenpoint Loft). Once I met Raquel in the weeks before the wedding, all of my worries were put to rest. Raquel and team were so amazing- from Raquel's responsiveness leading up to the big day, to every single detail day-of. They executed every single set-up, including a bunch of my DIY projects, with extreme attention to detail and care. I had my complete trust in the team, and I was not only not let down, but they far exceeded my expectations. I can't recommend Raquel and team enough- only wish I had another wedding as an excuse to hire them again!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Allison · Married on 05/12/2018

Tara is absolutely excellent at her job. She is responsive, confident, organized, professional, and at the same time a calming voice during a hectic time. As soon as we met, I knew I was in good hands. Her help orchestrating and overseeing the wedding day was invaluable. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for the best of the best.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Patricia · Married on 05/11/2018

The team of Dream makers was an extra insurance policy on our wedding day. Though the venue had a planner, we felt better having a day of coordinator. It turned out to be a great decision. Tara along with two of her assistants were so helpful in making sure everything went off without a hitch on our special day. They were attentive, detail oriented and so lovely to work with. I would highly recommend!
    Patricia J

Sent on 06/01/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/06/2018

Now I wasn't sure I was a believer in hiring a DOC at first, my wedding was small and I wasn't sure how much I would really benefit from the extra help, but I couldn't have been more wrong!! I truly got to enjoy my wedding without a care in the world because Tara took care of all the little things for me- coordinating with vendors, keeping track and handing out tips, making sure things went to the appropriate people, etc. Even before the wedding Tara was really on the ball, reaching out to my vendors and coordinating things I didn't even think of myself, but needed to get done! She was always super responsive and sweet... I'm so thankful I hired her. Your wedding day will go by so quickly, you want to enjoy every moment of it, not spending time running around handling the business end of things! Trust me, big or small wedding.. you will benefit from hiring Tara!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Carolyn · Married on 03/17/2018

We were looking for someone to take care of all of the little details on the day of our wedding so that we wouldn't have to worry about a single thing, and Tara and Raquel were everything we needed in a Day of Coordinator. Many other vendors add on services that make it more like a Month of Coordinator and of course that's reflected in the price, but Tara delivers really all you need if you can handle everything else on your own. When we met for our Marathon meeting along with the event coordinator for our venue, I knew we had made the right decision. The coordinator for the venue was unprofessional and useless, but having Tara reassured me that everything was going to be okay. She took charge and represented our interests. She helped us develop a cohesive timeline that made sense considering the space. Tara even responded to us on a Sunday when we needed advice - our venue was trying to change the pricing on us last minute! Of course I'm not recommending calling her on a weekend but just to say she's responsive :) On our wedding day I could finally relax knowing Tara and Raquel had everything under control. Tara also just has a very calming vibe about her so I think that helps! They kept us on time and arranged all of our Day of Decor as we had specified. It was definitely one of the happiest days of my life and I know that was in part because we had Dream makers!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Kate · Married on 02/18/2018

Tara was absolutely amazing as our day-of coordinator. She really helped us turn the vision for our wedding into a reality. We could not have asked for a better day. She met with me before the wedding and helped figure out all of the logistics in advance. On the actual wedding day, she and her assistant made sure that everything ran exactly according to plan.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Kate · Married on 12/09/2017

Tara and her team were amazing! They executed our wedding day flawlessly and were extremely helpful with all the details leading up to our day! I highly recommend dream makers!

Sent on 12/24/2017

Shana · Married on 11/25/2017

I am so happy I hired Dream Makers as my day of wedding coordinators! I worked with Racquel on the day of and leading up to the wedding, who was very sweet, organized, and professional. I planned the wedding myself, but did not want to be the person in charge to field questions on the day of the wedding. Racquel was wonderful and worked with me in the months leading up to the wedding (once at the venue and several times over e-mail and one last phone call) to make sure the day went off without a hitch. No one bothered me on the day of the wedding and I know it's because of the hard work of Dream Makers!

Sent on 12/19/2017