Dream Events by Sonya Reviews

Dream Events by Sonya 3
Dream Events by Sonya 4

Aansh · Married on 09/14/2019

Best decision we made!

Let me save you some time. If you want to have the wedding of your dreams, hire Sonya before anyone else! From the second we met Sonya, she literally went above and beyond in meeting every expectation and ensuring that we get everything we wanted for our big day. From being an expert planner, sounding board for ideas and vendors, decorator and the best day of planner we could ask for, I can safely say that she was single handedly the best decision we made. And the best part was that she made it feel effortless, and truly like she was a part of our family that wanted the best for us. So don’t hesitate. I cannot recommend Sonya enough!!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Seema

Seema Shah · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing above and beyond Planner!

Let me tell you I didn't even get a chance to work with Sonya cause someone contacted for the same date before but she literally talked to me for an almost an hour or more just the initial phone conversation. she's super responsive and reliable, I was going to have an Indian wedding and first was contemplating signing with her but after talking to countless planners she stood out the most! Why you need to book her is cause she literally went out of her way to find a good referral for me because she couldn't be my planner and I was looking like crazy and just stressed out, she literally went out of her way to find me good referrals, without us working together, like come on, THIS IS A NO BRAINER FOR ANYONE who is even having a Indian wedding and still contemplating if you should book her, do yourself a favor and DO IT! She knows so many vendors the amount referrals she gave me was insane all India btw, which I was super impressed by! I heard from other vendors that she is nice to work with. Super empathetic. The amount of help she was without me even working with her I can only imagine how easy my life would have been working with her if I had her as my planner! She super good and get signed so book her fast!!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Sara Qureshi · Married on 08/16/2019

Hire Sonya NOW!!!

Sonya is a literal DREAM! She made wedding planning such an easy and enjoyable time in my life! I hired Sonya to be my month of planner and she went above and beyond that! She was always there to answer any question, big or small, via text or phone call and this was BEFORE she actually was working for me. She is always willing to offer advice, input, recommendations, and so much more! She treats your wedding as if it's her own. She honestly was the BEST money I spent on my wedding. If you want to just be the BRIDE at your wedding, I strongly encourage you to hire her. She is the reason that I was a bride at my wedding and not a planner, vendor dealer, kid wrangler, MC, and everything else you become during your wedding.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Caroline Hernandez · Married on 08/03/2019

Best money I spent on the entire wedding

A week after the wedding and I am still blown away by the work Sonya and her team did. I would trust them with raising my first born. They were efficient, knowledgeable, decisive, and always two steps ahead of what I needed before and throughout the wedding.
    I had never given a wedding much thought before I got engaged and had a lot of parts of the wedding I had no idea what to do on; Sonya always gave firm, well thought out advice, and picked up on my style and preferences early so she was never suggesting something I didn't like. She was also very cognizant of my budget which I really appreciated.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Nidhi Gandhi · Married on 08/03/2019

Outstanding, efficient, always available, beyond perfect

I met Sonya at a wedding expo almost 9-10 months before our wedding date (8/2/19). After having that one conversation with Sonya, I just knew she was the wedding planner I was looking for. She is so passionate about her work and puts her heart and soul into making sure your day is above and beyond perfect. I could not have survived without her!!!! She is more than perfect and efficient at what she does. She was one text/one call away if I EVER needed anything! She had solutions to all my problems. She was available to talk to me whenever I needed her. She was always ahead of my thinking and made thing happen before I could even get to her about it. She is very particular about time and for an Indian wedding that is very important. All of our rituals and events took place in a timely manner and I could not be more happier about that. She is very attentive about the little details and that truly helped me be a little less stressed out the wedding. She took care of coordinating with all our vendors and just made sure we had everything we needed for our big day! I seriously could not have asked for anyone better than SONYA because there isn't anyone like her!!! She is one of a kind and a good one....she became my close friend in such a short period of time :)

Sent on 09/15/2019

Pooja Garg · Married on 07/20/2019

She is a must-have for your wedding!

I am so glad we hired Sonya as a day-of coordinator for our wedding! We had a large Indian wedding with many moving parts and small details that were important to us, and Sonya took the time to execute and make sure all items were taken care of! She is very organized and helpful, and knows how to get things done. She always answered random questions of mine over text and even did the beautiful floral bouquets for me and my sister-in-law. Sonya is very talented and a wonderful wedding coordinator. Would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone planning a wedding! She will make your life soo much easier, trust me! I was hesitant to hire a coordinator since I thought our families could handle it but I AM SO GLAD I DID!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Amannda

Amannda C · Married on 07/19/2019

Best wedding decision!!

Hiring Sonya for my wedding (7/13/19) was the single best decision I made during our wedding planning process. I took a chance and found her based on the reviews on Yelp, and I’m so glad I did. From start to finish, she listened and delivered on everything that we wanted to happen in our downtown Chicago wedding. She is super experienced with large weddings (ours was

Sent on 07/19/2019

Alexandra · Married on 07/06/2019

Dream Events by Sonya rocks !!!

Sonya was absolutely amazing from the beginning to the end and I cannot be more thankful to her and the team. She makes wedding planning seem effortless and has a great deal of patience. My house, the church and the reception all looked FANTASTIC! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Marcel Bellanfonte · Married on 04/20/2019

5-Star General in Charge of Your Wedding Planning

When my then fiancé and I interviewed Sonya to be our wedding planner, we had already completed some of the groundwork. My pretty bride, however, was not the type that glossed over wedding magazines dreaming of the perfect wedding since she was 10 years old. Moreover, we were trying to finish in 2 months what most couples plan in a year. We knew that we would need help.
    We had just posted online and Sonya was the first to respond and, fortunately, her office was close to the venue we had just finished visiting. From the very first meeting, we were impressed with how she proactively took us through the steps she would take to bring the wedding planning to a successful finish. We interviewed several others afterwards. Sonya, however, would be the high bar that all other planners had to clear.
    As we interviewed one candidate after another, we came to the same conclusion after each meeting – they just didn’t measure up to Sonya. The others just did not give us the same level of confidence that no detail would be overlooked. She also projected the grit and assertiveness to handle any vendor that might step out of line – like a pit bull with a pretty face.
    We could not have made a better choice. Sonya stood by us every step of the way. Dress fitting, meal tasting, cake tasting, meeting with pastor, vendor interviews, rehearsal – she was there for it all! One Sunday, she was with us from morning to evening as we dashed from one meeting to the next. We introduced her to everybody as our 4-star general - but she more than earned that 5th star in the end. Like a well-seasoned military general commanding their forces, she managed our vendors, our venue, and our wedding party. She even helped us keep in budget by arranging our boutonnieres for less than what a florist would charge.
    Now, with a heavy-weight like Sonya in our corner everything must have been smooth sailing and gone off without a hitch, right?? If only! 2PM the day before the wedding, just as I’m leaving the barber with a fresh cut and feeling pretty good about everything, I get the most dreaded text from our pastor. He prefaced the text with “I don’t want to add any more stress on you” and proceeded to let me know he would be unable to officiate the wedding. Needless to say, I was very very stressed. I conveyed the news to my fiancé who was certain I was joking at first. There were a lot of quick calls with Sonya and our family as we scrambled to pull together a Plan B. God’s favor was certainly shining on us that day, however, as we didn’t have far to look. Sonya had just recently received her license to officiate weddings. How many planners have that in their emergency kit!?! We tried a last-ditch effort to re-arrange the ceremony to use our original officiant but at 6am on the morning of our wedding, I had to make the call.
    Me: “Good morning, General. Do you think we can still fall back on Plan B?”
    Sonya: “Not a problem. Whatever you want.”
    After another call to my cousin, an elder in his church, it was set. He and Sonya would tag team: he would perform the ceremonial parts and Sonya would perform the official parts. My wife and I could never forget Sonya even if we wanted to – she was the one that married us! No one outside our wedding party had any clue to the crises that was narrowly averted. To say that Sonya went above and beyond the expectations of a wedding planner would be the understatement of a lifetime. We are forever grateful and could not recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Ruby · Married on 04/20/2019

April wedding

Due to firing my wedding planner at the time I had contacted Sonya last minute. I was very hesitant at first. I was unsure if she would be able to assist me with a 600 + wedding and catch up on all the things my previous wedding planner did not do. I decided to go ahead and send her a message. Surprisingly, Sonya had messaged me back right away and was very responsive and polite. I decided to talk to her on the phone and to give this a try and I am so glad I did. Sonya was extremely attentive, professional, and detail orientated.I was able to talk to her any hour of the day which worked out well for me since I worked nights at the time. She never once ignored me or made me feel like she didn’t have enough time. She was able to assist me with everything my previous wedding planner did and did not do. She went above and beyond and even drove out of her way to my house during my wedding week to assist me with final details. Overall, I am very satisfied and feel like I did not have to worry about anything. Sonya and her team did a fantastic job. I highly recommend her! She is not only a great planner but also a great friend during these hard times!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 01/12/2019

January Wedding!

I hired Sonya for my month before/day of coordinator and she was simply amazing! She was very attentive throughout the entire process and I couldn't be more grateful. She was on top of everything and made the last minute crunch time much less stressful! And on the day of, she was AMAZING. Our families, my husband, and I were able to enjoy the day with no worries at all. We are so thankful for all she did and I HIGHLY recommend you hire her to help plan your wedding...you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Megan McMahon · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful Decor

Sonya provided the decor for our wedding at the Carleton of Oak Park. She did an amazing job making the place look beautiful and working within our budget. We had an issue with my husband's boutonniere breaking during our pictures and she came back with not only a replacement flower but extras in case anything else happens. She was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Niharika · Married on 09/02/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Sonya. From the start of our conversations, she was fantastic to work with. She was the day of planner for my wedding, but we felt like she was so much more. If I was worried about anything at all the month before the wedding, she would take it off my plate like getting all the vendors organized, creating timeline cards for our guests, designing and printing place cards, bringing baskets for us to borrow for various events, or creating my bridal bouquet to list a few. During the wedding weekend, if there were things that went wrong, I didn't have a clue because she handled it so well. Everyone from my family to friends asked me where and how did you find her? She's amazing! She always told me if I would ask how is this going or how is that going, "Can you just be a bride?" Lol. I would hire her without a blink for any future events and would recommend her to anyone who needs an organized, enthusiastic, dedicated, fun, and trustworthy wedding planner. Thank you so much Sonya for making my dream wedding come true and running the show so seamlessly!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2018

I don't know WHAT my husband and I would have done without Sonya! She made every step of the process run smoothly. Sonya took my vision and ran with it for my August wedding at the Armour House. She was so helpful when it came to literally everything- she was always one text away to answer questions or help me pick out invitations/flowers/rearrange guest lists/etc. She also accompanied me on every appt we had with vendors. She not only went above and beyond for me, but was always willing to help my mom with her questions, too! It is almost hard for me to articulate how wonderful Sonya was because I'm honestly 100% sure that our day would never have been as perfect as it was without her. She is passionate and truly cares about her brides and grooms. I cannot recommend her enough! Thank you for everything, Sonya!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Shifali · Married on 08/04/2018

My husband I got married at the Drake Hotel on 8/4/18 and are so thankful we hired Sonya for our day-of planner! She is truly living out her passion - you can tell she loves what she does, because she dedicates so much time to making her events absolutely perfect! She was always very responsive to my constant questions, and gave me so much valuable advice. One thing I will always remember is my mehndi party. She brought a ton of decor (which was not part of her contract at all), and helped my mom and her friends decorate and plan the mehndi. It was perfect!! Do not hesitate hiring Sonya for any event you may have! Even though we only hired her for planning, from what I’ve seen of her decor skills, she excels at that too! Thanks Sonya, we already miss our daily communication!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Holly · Married on 07/28/2018

My daughter hired Sonya for her wedding and it was one of the best decisions she made! Sonya is smart, professional, efficient, and a genuinely lovely person. Her knowledge, creativity, and tireless energy helped us through all problems that arose along the way. To have Sonya handle these "before" issues eliminated our wedding stress. And to have her handle the day of details made everything go smoothly. As mother of the bride, I had no worries - she was there from early morning until end of wedding, kept us on schedule (her very detailed schedule) and handled anything that arose. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SONYA for any event - she is absolutely amazing and because of her efforts, the wedding was fabulous for us!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Rohit · Married on 07/07/2018

I don’t know if we would’ve gotten through this wedding without Sonya.
    Before we chose our venue, she was very helpful in suggesting places, researching alternatives and even drove my mother from the suburbs to help accommodate our busy schedules. She was always prompt and responsive.
    We ended up booking Harold Washington Library. While it’s a beautiful venue, they have some restrictions for vendors and limitations on space and timing (the venue closes to public at 5pm and the wedding had to start at 6pm to get to dinner and dancing at a reasonable time) With a 1 hour time span you have to be very organized and efficient to get things done, which she did without a hitch.
    She also helped us pick out our photographer and DJ, both of which we loved and have a separate reviews for as well (Thanks DJ Beatguru/Aumir and Christina G Photography)
    When we were having issues with floral, Sonya stepped in big time, took charge and we couldn’t be happier with the end product.
    We highly recommend her and she was instrumental in making the wedding day run flawlessly.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Nahrin · Married on 06/23/2018

I love Soya! From start to finish she was AMAZING! From the first time I met her I was treated like a friend of hers. We started off with a consultation, so that we would both be on the same page when it came to colors, sizes , types of flowers, decor etc.. From there she knew exactly what I was going for and nailed it. My bridal bouquet was stunning, I was absolutely in love with my bridesmaids bouquets! and flower girls headpieces. Sonya was a pleasure to work with and I definitely will be recommending her to everyone! I seriously can not thank her enough!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Dream Events by Sonya 5
    Dream Events by Sonya 6
    Dream Events by Sonya 7
    Dream Events by Sonya 8

Liz · Married on 06/09/2018

If you are deciding whether to hire Sonya or not, you NEED to hire her as your planner. She was our month of planner for our wedding and I cannot express in enough words how great she is. She was there for me and helped with anything that I needed. She came to my dress fitting and took care of our florist when there was a slight issue. I am so grateful to have had her, she helped de-stress me leading up to the wedding and helped make it absolutely perfect! My whole family and all my friends just kept saying "We need Sonya at our wedding!" I can't express enough how wonderful she was! You will not be disappointed, she really is the best!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2018

Words cannot express our gratitude for Sonya. Over the past few months, Sonya became another member of our family. She truly made our wedding into a fairytale come to life. We gave her our ideas and she executed them to an extent that we could not have even dreamt. It was absolutely the perfect wedding because of her. While we only hired Sonya for day of coordination, she helped us throughout the entire process. She was involved in every detail — from tastings to table seating. She is thorough, detail-oriented and best of all has the biggest heart. She works within your budget and tries to help you save wherever she can, often using her own materials. She decorated our mehndi event, made our garlands, met with all of our vendors, the list goes on and on…All of our vendors raved about her as well! There is just so much more to say about this amazing woman but I hope that every bride has a planner like Sonya because she will literally make your dreams come true. I wish Sonya could coordinate the rest of my life for me because she truly is that good!!!

Sent on 04/13/2018

Jasmyne · Married on 11/18/2017

I’ve never met someone with a greater vision or more creativity than this event planner! She’s hard working and completely dedicated to her clients and will always find a way to make her clients as satisfied and happy as possible, as long as it is in her power.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Nitin · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Sonya as our wedding day planner for our recent wedding at Salvage One and it was one of the best moves we made for our wedding. Initially, my wife and I were hesistant to hire a day of planner, but we are so grateful we did. Sonya was there from the moment we hired her to answer any questions we had, step in where needed, and helped us develop a gameplan for our wedding day. Looking back, this is something both my wife and I would have never been able to do as well as her. She also stepped in and did things you wouldn't expect from a day of planner. She helped my wife with scheduling and attending a dress fitting with a difficult tailor. She helped us collect leftover liquor from our wedding that she took with her at the end of the night, that we were later able to return in order to save money. She was there to answer any questions, and was extremely valuable the final weeks prior to the wedding, and even more so on the wedding day. Overall, our wedding day went off without a hitch, in large part due to Sonya's work!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/24/2017

Sonya was both our florist and day-of-coordinator and I simply can't say enough good things about her. She was so responsive, organized, friendly, well-connected, and easy to work with. She is everything you could want from a day-of-coordinator!! One month before our wedding, Sonya was on the clock as our coordinator - and it relieved so much stress. She made sure all of our vendors were on the same page when it came to the timeline, helped finalize all of the little details (that start to become really overwhelming), pointed out any areas where I was missing something, and answered all of my questions. She helped me with the seating chart, favors, and so much more. At the end of our wedding, friends of mine who were already married said they wished they'd had Sonya at their wedding!! I was able to enjoy the week leading up to my wedding, because I knew from meeting with Sonya and all of our conversations, that she had me 100% covered. Absolutely nothing slipped through the cracks!! And it's because of Sonya.

Again, the flowers and decor Sonya provided were also amazing. She worked within our budget and delivered the EXACT look we wanted. I almost started crying when I saw my bouquet because it was like she had taken the picture I'd given her and made it real. Everything was absolutely stunning. I wanted big full flowers that were ivory with pops of eucalyptus - and tons of candles and mercury vases throughout the reception space - she delivered exactly that. Actually, she far exceeded all of the expectations I had. She is an incredibly funny, smart, and an organized person. She was so easy to work with. I would recommend her without hesitation and if I need a planner for any events in the future, she will be the first person I call.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Dalya · Married on 11/12/2016

My husband and I originally planned on getting a day of coordinator. However, as we slowly started booking our vendors (and going over budget), we decided we could handle everything on our own. Fast forward to a couple of months before the wedding and I was so stressed out I wasn’t even looking forward to the big day anymore! We decided to meet with Sonya and see what she had to offer. She got right down to business and was so helpful we immediately decided we needed to book her ASAP! After she left our initial consultation, I already felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders! We paid her the deposit that evening and she jumped right in! She helped with decorations for my parent’s house and the church, she helped with music suggestions, and most important—she helped with the dreaded detailed timeline (just to name A FEW)! I cannot begin to explain how helpful, professional, honest, and fun Sonya was. She was truly a blessing in my time of need and allowed us to enjoy our special day that flew by way too quickly. I would not hesitate to recommend her for wedding planning services. She was a pleasure to work with and went above and beyond any expectations I had!! Thank you so much, Sonya! You are the BEST!!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Dream Events by Sonya's reply:

It honestly was my pleasure. I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day.

Meghan · Married on 10/29/2016

Great vendor. We used Sonya as our day of planner. She helped tie final details together and was very accommodating given our busy schedules leading up to our wedding day. My husband and I were able to enjoy our special day stress free!! Highly recommend Sonya.

Sent on 12/21/2016