DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort & Spa Reviews

80 | North Miami Beach, FL

80 Reviews for DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort & Spa

Juliet A. · Married on 01/04/2020

Amazing oceanfront wedding Jan 4, 2020

Our wedding at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Ocean Point Resort & Spa, was absolutely perfect! Our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were held in three different rooms – all on the same floor. This venue offered the option of both outdoor and indoor event spaces, which we found to be quite impressive given the benefits of both. The area was excellent when it came to accommodations for both our civil and religious ceremony. The panoramic oceanfront view was breathtaking as it illuminated the entire setting and emphasized the vibrant colors we chose for our ceremony. The hotel has direct access to the beach, which allowed for us to take some wedding pictures near the ocean and walk along the shore. The tables, tablecloths, and table décor were presented elegantly and exactly how it was discussed. The event sales manager, Florencia, was exceedingly helpful throughout the whole process, including planning and executing the event. The meals prepared by Chef William and his staff were exquisite, offering a wide variety of options for the plates. The suite we stayed in during our wedding night was prepared well in advance and was setup to adjust for a “newly wedded couple” (terrific presentation from the housekeeping department)! The entire suite was to our liking, ranging from the comfortable bed to the glistening bathroom and even the spacious kitchen area. The next morning, the hotel prepared a delicious and well-presented breakfast for us downstairs. Our wedding and stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton was a unique, prominent, and awe-inspiring experience. The hospitality conveyed by the staff, alongside the stunning beach view made the day extra special in all the right ways! I would highly recommend this establishment for any event-oriented purposes.

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 10/12/2019

Best View- Wedding Oct 22th, 2019

We had the best experience hosting our wedding here at the Doubletree in Sunny Isles. To start, when you enter the room looking over the ocean, it is just a jaw dropper. From the time we walked in we were treated really good. Everyone wants your experience to be the best. The catering sales manager, Florencia took care of the all the wedding details and made sure everything was on point, answered any and all questions promptly. William, the catering manager made sure our day ran smooth. He was there early and until we finished. His staff was friendly and professional as well. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all there in different rooms. Most of our guests and our entire bridal party stayed at the hotel as well. The rooms were very big, spacious and clean. We met up for breakfast and enjoyed the pool. And can't forget about their delicious cookies. Everything was just perfect and ran smooth. This is the best place to have your wedding or event. We are so happy and pleased.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Kazlene

Kazlene K. · Married on 09/21/2019

Windy but wonderful!

Our wedding day was nothing short of magical. Due to extreme weather conditions (20mph continuous winds), we were forced inside for our ceremony. This didn’t stop the staff of the DoubleTree Ocean Point from delivering absolute MAGIC! The backup ceremony and cocktail hour spaces were delicately designed with all the right trimmings to make the beginning of our night simply amazing. The reception room was also perfectly laid out and we were able to dance dance dance the night away. Special thank you to Florencia, the catering sales manager for always being prompt with answers to our questions and concerns. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone looking for a moderately priced, incredible location equidistant from MIA and FLL airports. Worth every penny!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia P. · Married on 08/03/2019

Completetly satisfied with our wedding experiance at Ocean Point Resort

Ocean point resort was the perfect venue for our special day. After looking at over 15 other venues in south florida we picked ocean point for its beautiful views, their affordable price and the all inclusive package that made it easy and convenient to plan our destination wedding. Florencia (wedding coordinator) was absolutely amazing! She helped plan every detail to make sure our wedding was perfect. She goes above and beyond to ensure the bride and groom are happy. Ocean point provides exceptional customer service, my guests and I were impressed by the delightful hotel staff who were welcoming and made our stay very enjoyable. All of the staff is wonderful, from the housekeepers to the bartenders and the staff at the front desk. The chef was not only friendly and courteous, but all of our guests loved his food. Needless to say my husband and I were more than satisfied with our wedding experience at Ocean Point Resort.

Sent on 08/21/2019

DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort & Spa's reply:

Cynthia, you were a blessed bride to have. I told this before, you are surrounded by love and you will be receiving a lot of love.
    Thank you VERY MUCH for this kind words, I shared them with all my hotel stuff, we were more than happy to host you and your family in our hotel.
    You were gorgeous, Saul is a lucky man, and the decoration was SO beautiful that my banquets servers were talking about how beautiful and good taste everything was.
    God bless you and your family.
    I hope we can see you soon!
    Florencia
  • Makinie

Makinie · Married on 05/05/2019

Destination Wedding of our Dreams

When we realized St. Thomas was still recovering from the hurricane of 2017, we decided to switch our destination wedding location to Miami, Fl. The hunt for the perfect location was on, and we considered everything we possibly could (location, price, amenities, communication/response) before deciding Doubletree Ocean Point was perfect for us. It's right on the beach, has two jacuzzis, wifi, buffet breakfast option ($20) and is just 25 minutes from Downtown Miami, FLL airport and Wynwood Art District.

At first, we intended on having 130 guests, but it being a destination wedding, 50 confirmed and Doubletree was ready for either.

I started off with the catering manager Yamille, who consulted with us and helped us pick the right part of the hotel for the ceremony after showing us 3 options. One of the great things about Doubletree is that whether you're inside our outside, the views can't be beaten AND you're only steps away from the reception location and your hotel room.

Yamille welcomed us with open arms when we visited for our tasting and we were treated to staying in one of the honeymoon suites during our visit!

Sadly, Yamille ended up leaving her job 1 month before our wedding. You can imagine our panic when we were introduced to Florencia, but Florencia patiently accepted our panic and helped sooth us into understanding she was equally capable of pulling everything together. Considering how little time Florencia had, she gathered as much information (some was missing) as she could and clarified information. She responded same-day a week out from the wedding (and trust me, I was checking in almost every other day), and coordinated SO WELL with my sister-in-law who is also a catering manager (in our state). Once I linked all vendors together, Florencia assured me all will be well and go smoothly.

Now, the day before the wedding at our rehearsal, Florencia informed me she would be unable to head the wedding BUT connected me with William, the Executive Chef who served us during our tasting back in November. There was a moment of hesitation, but upon realizing he had been kept up-to-date, and got the opportunity to meet and talk with Florencia and our day-of planner, we were willing to trust that regardless of who was in control, all would be well.

And it was. Right down to the moment the rain clouds appeared and our outdoor wedding got switched to an indoor one just 15 minutes before the ceremony start time. William was on top of it and the Doubletree staff worked so quickly to make sure everything went well.

William made sure the food was delicious, and had even remembered our meat selection we told him about during the tasting. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how it was one of the best weddings they had ever attended.

It was our dream wedding and I will never forget it.

Sent on 05/08/2019

Joel · Married on 07/08/2018

Wow what I can I say , it was just perfect, great view, affordable prices , the food was amazing, I can’t stop thinking of the empanadas. Everyone had amazing time.. , couldn’t have done this without Yamille Castro help!! I’m blessed I found this place, Yamille made everything so easy for us !! HIGHLY recommend ❤️

Sent on 07/16/2018

DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you so much Joel & Rosario!
    I wish to both of you only but the best, you guys are beautiful couple .

Brandye · Married on 06/16/2018

First of all, my husband Joshua and I are truly grateful to have experienced an unforgettable wedding weekend at the DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort. We knew we wanted to have our destination wedding in Florida but choosing where to have it was a tough decision. After a month of being engaged, we scheduled a tour with Yamille and as soon as we arrived to the property, we knew this would be the perfect place for our wedding. It had all the unique qualities we were looking for to have our ceremony and reception. The Atlantic Room view is what captured our hearts! Once the tour was over, we contacted our wedding planner right away to confirm THIS IS THE PLACE! Every step of the way, Yamille was so flexible in working with us to make sure we had the food and financial aspect in order for the wedding. About 5 months out from the wedding, we even decided to have the rehearsal dinner here as well which worked out in our favor as most of our guests were staying at the hotel. As food is the most important part of any gathering, my husband and I knew after our food tasting that we would be in good hands. Chef Will really has the magic touch and knows how to get down in the kitchen : ) The food was amazing for both the rehearsal and wedding day, our guests are still raving about it. Also, working with Dianna, the hotel reservation coordinator was helpful. She was able to assist with all my questions up until the week of the wedding to make sure our guest reservation process was smooth. The complimentary upgrades were amazing, my husband and I felt like royalty. We would highly recommend this location to anyone that is looking to have their wedding in the Miami area... Great views, great beach, amazing hotel staff and great food! My husband and I had the most perfect weekend here with our family and friends. Everyone is still raving about how great the hotel was and how much fun they had.

Sent on 06/22/2018

J · Married on 06/02/2018

We figured we’d go “home” for our nuptials. All I can say is that the Yamille, her staff and the Double Tree did not disappoint! This being our second big event there in the last 3 years. I can say the entire staff from front desk staff, house keeping, engineering, security, to the parking and beach attendants to the barmaids to the restaurant staff were once again spectacular!!
    From day one everything went as clockwork, timely, organized and with the upmost profesionalism.
    I can not thank Yamille and the entire staff for making our wedding not only spectacular but so very memorable for us and our guest.
    Yamille went above and beyond partially with the care of the entire event and heartfelt warmth she displayed to us. She’s always made my entire family feel like one of her own.
    If you’re looking for breathtaking views, top notch amenities and quality service.... look no further!

*Please not the total price includes everything from the beach wedding ceremony permit to the buffet style dinner (which feeds more than just a traditional plate of food at a wedding. Your guest are able to go for seconds) a full bar plus taxes and 22% service charge

Sent on 06/23/2018

Karol · Married on 03/17/2018

Yamille at the Doubletree Ocean Point Resort saved my wedding! After losing my original reception venue 3 weeks before my wedding date, I was fortunate to find availability at the Doubletree. Yamille, made the planning process go smoothly, despite the time constraints. She worked with our budget and offered great suggestions to make our reception look amazing! The staff and the chef were outstanding as well. I would recommend this location for their wedding reception, not only is the staff great, but the hotel itself has a spectacular view of the ocean.

Sent on 04/06/2018

Linet · Married on 01/13/2018

This is a beautiful wedding venue, amazing views, amazing food and staff they look into every single detail, so your wedding is perfect. Yamille is the catering manager and she is amazing, she works extra hours and she plans everything perfect, anything you want she makes it happen. She even left some dedicatories and garnish in our room which we didn't expect.... We are very, very happy.... thank you so much yamille!!!! You are awesome!!!! Please celebrate your wedding there!!!

Sent on 01/17/2018

DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort & Spa's reply:

Dear Linet & Alexander, Thank you so much for the wonderful words, it was a pleasure to be part of such beautiful moment of your life's!! :D xoxo
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/07/2017

We had our wedding at the Doubletree in Sunny Isles and everything was perfect! Yamille was so friendly, patient and accommodating she really made the whole process enjoyable. All of our guests had an amazing time. The venue location, the staff, hors d'oeuvres, salads and main course were amazing. We couldn't be more happier with the entire experience!

Sent on 11/28/2017

DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort & Spa's reply:

Dear Jennifer & Hector Thank you so much for the wonderful words , was a beautiful wedding !! :D Yamille xoxo

Viktoria · Married on 07/01/2017

We had our wedding on July 1st at Double tree ocean point in Sunny Isles. We are very happy with the professionalism of the whole team that made our special day amazing. We want to appreciate Yamille Castro to make the whole process so smooth and putting attention to details. We also appreciate the hard work that Sheilack Pabon, Erika and the Chef William put to make our Wedding unforgettable. The place was beautiful, the food delicious and the service was incredible.. Without their help we wouldn't be able to have such a beautiful wedding.
    Thanks to everyone !!!! :)

Sent on 07/24/2017

Vicky & Nico
    Thank you so much for the wonderful words , was a beautiful wedding !! :D

John · Married on 06/24/2017

Yamille Castro the Catering Sales Manager was very helpful and accommodating when it came to planning a 40th Birthday Party/Wedding surprise. Yamille recommended we use the View Terrace and that was the perfect location for the event. It was outside and partially covered with the outside bar, that way you can enjoy the Florida weather as well as the spectacular views of the beach and ocean. Yamille went above and beyond to make this a special event and I highly recommend her and the hotel. She is definitely a pro at the whole wedding/parting planning and I don't know what I would have done without her. The hotel and staff were great and all of my guest were very pleased with the location and can't stop talking about the event. We are discussing making this an annual event to return to the Doubletree Resort and Spa.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Dear John
    Thank you so much for the wonderful words, it was a pleasure to be part of such emotional event!! :D

Cristina · Married on 06/17/2017

Hilton Ocean Point was a beautiful location for our daughter's wedding. The food was excellent. The staff anticipated our every need, and any request was quickly obliged. Many of our guests stayed at the hotel for wedding weekend, and the suites were extremely comfortable. We had beautiful blue skies and azure waters as a backdrop for a magnificent day, and the staff and Ocean Point worked hard to make it pure perfection!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Dear Cristina
    On Behalf the entire Staff, Thank you so much for the wonderful words , was a lovely wedding !! :D
  • Z

Zeny · Married on 04/01/2017

We celebrated our wedding at The DoubleTree Ocean Point Resort and Spa in Sunny Isles on 04/01/17. All I can say is that it was the most amazing experience ever. Since day one that we met with Yamille, she made us feel at home and we knew that we wanted to have our wedding at this beautiful ocean front hotel. Yamille was super attentive and helpful. She was always available to answer questions we may have had. We arrived the day before our big day, and right upon arrival to the hotel we were treated like royalty. I did not have a wedding planner, but with all the help that Yamille gave me, I did feel that i needed a wedding planner. The day of the wedding I had nothing to worry about, for I had Yamille and Erika (the Captain) on top of everything. They made sure that everything went smoothly and that nothing was left out or missing in order to make our special day truly amazing. They truly made us feel special and made sure that we enjoyed our special day. Without a doubt, I truly recommend this venue for any bride that is looking for an amazing place to celebrate her special day and not to mention, the view is truly spectacular. I loved everything about this venue. Hands down, the best attention you will ever receive. Thank you Yamille, Erika, and all of the staff at The Double Tree Ocean Point Resort for making our fairy tale wedding a reality.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Dear Zeny
    Thank you so much for the wonderful words , was a great wedding !! :D
    xoxo

My wedding was an absolute dream. Yamille was great and was so helpful start to finish. She anwered all of my questions right away and her staff the day of the wedding was also great. The view where the ceremony was held was breathtaking. I would recommend this venue and Yamille to anyone. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 02/19/2017

Dear Romina
    Thank you so much for the wonderful words , was a great wedding!
    I wish you a happy and healthy life together . :D
  • Emmanuele

Emmanuele · Married on 10/15/2016

We married at the Doubletree Ocean Point on Oct. 15, 2016 and it was amazing. From the first day meeting Yamille, the Event Catering Manager to the day after the ceremony when we checked out, the service was amazing. We had our ceremony and reception at the hotel. We also had a hotel block for our out of town guest. Since the hotel only has one bride there on the weekend, my husband, family, guest and I were treated like royalty from the valet staff to the Executive Chef! Yamille helped me to stay sane and worked closely with us. The weather wasn't cooperating for an outside ceremony but our Plan B option was just as beautiful with an ocean view. Thank you Doubletree!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Hi Emmanuele
    Thank you for that wonderful review !!!
    I wish you a healthy and prosper life together ..
    Thank You so much ! :D

Su · Married on 07/30/2016

Thank you Yamille and staff for a wonderful wedding on July 30. We appreciate all that support and care that you put into our event. We were able to relax on our special day because we were in good hands. The food was great, the staff was kind, and Yamille is extremely professional.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Anna · Married on 06/25/2016

Amazing location and facility; front ocean view for our ceremony venue and dinner. Special thanks to Yamille, the catering manager, and the banquet staff. They were really attentive and personable. My husband and I are very glad that we found that hotel and our special day was joyful for family and friends. Thank you!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Amanda · Married on 03/12/2016

If you want your wedding to go off without a hitch and to get the best customer service this is the place. Yamille helped us with every single detail of the wedding reception and I couldn't be anymore grateful to her and all the amazing staff that helped us! Our wedding venue cancelled on us 2 weeks before the wedding and after spending a very stressful week trying to find a place we set up an appointment with Yamille and she put all my anxiousness to rest. She was so helpful with all the planning just 2 weeks before the wedding and everything went perfectly to the last detail.. All of my guests told me afterwards how beautiful the wedding was and how much fun they had..
    Thank you Yamille and the staff of DoubleTree for helping me have the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Kara · Married on 02/27/2016

We knew we wanted a beachside wedding, and we met with a lot of different hotels, but the Doubletree was our ultimate choice because of Yamille. Her friendliness, professionalism and flexibility were all part of the reason we signed, but what made me so happy about our choice was that she went the extra mile on everything. She truly wanted us to have a special day, and we did - and it was really all because of her. I cannot stress enough how amazing our event was because of her efforts.

The staff at the hotel was fantastic to our guests (and to us), and what we liked best about this hotel was it was smaller than the others. This is why the staff remembered us throughout the weekend, and all our out of town guests felt like they were at home. It was an experience that so many of them enjoyed.

Our guests mentioned that this event was 'flawless' and 'seamless' - and that is all thanks to Yamille and the rest of the staff at this venue. I highly suggest considering them if you want an unforgettable event!

Sent on 03/16/2016

Raffi · Married on 11/20/2015

Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa was the best place to have our wedding at!! Pictures don't do justice to describe how perfect everything is!!

To start off, the location is outstanding! Right on the beach in the middle of Sunny Isles! The staff was wonderful, the rooms were outstanding and most of all, our wedding manager Yamille was fabulous!! When we met with Yamille almost a year ago, we knew that this was our wedding location. Yamille was always there to help when we needed it most. From touring the facility, exchanging emails all throughout the day, to the day of the wedding, Yamille made sure that we were happy and everything was all set. On the day of the wedding, she was right there to help us out with anything we needed. The staff at Doubletree made sure that my wife and I and all of our guests were happy.

Thank you Yamille and the staff of Doubletree Ocean Point Resort & Spa for making our special day unforgettable!!

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/17/2015

I had a great experience. If anything was wrong, they were there to help me and fix any errors hat arose. Everyone was very accommodating and I enjoyed our stay in the bridal suite. The food was great, the atmosphere was amazing and everything I had imagined came together perfectly. Everyone was nothing but exceptional.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Nicole · Married on 08/01/2015

Yamille Castro was our wedding coordinator. I words can't even explain how awesome she is! We live in Atlanta and were planning our wedding at the DoubleTree in Sunny Isles. Yamille made the whole experience stress free. She sent plenty of pictures to help plan our perfect wedding. The day of the event, Yamille was outstanding! She calmed my nerves and made sure everything and everyone were in order. I didnt have to worry about a thing from the time I checked in the hotel (2 days before our wedding) til the time we checked out (2 days after the wedding). Thank you soooo much Yamille for making our dream wedding a dream come true.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Adriel · Married on 05/30/2015

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding venue. The ceremony space has a beautiful elevated open view of the beach with its floor to ceiling glass windows. The next door reception space was more than adequate for our 100+ guests, and also felt open and well-lit with the same type of large glass windows, access to a spacious patio with sweeping beach views. The gorgeous outdoor lounge available for the cocktail hour also has the same beach views. I loved the convenience that all three spaces are closely connected around the nice hotel lobby. The in-house wedding coordinator Yamille Castro was a pleasure to work with. She is knowledgeable, friendly, cheerful and was a big part of making everything work smoothly from planning to the final song. The service, quality of the food, and location are top notch and a bargain for the value we received: an unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 07/11/2016