DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring Reviews

11 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Smooth As Silk

Barbara · Married on 05/09/2009

What a wonderful venue. We held our rehearsal dinner at the Hilton. We worked with Jessica from Catering. Jessica provided the best service ever. She worked within our budget and gave several concessions that made the event wonderful. Jessica arranged to have our welcome bags delivered to our guests, not only those at the Hilton, but at the sister hotel, the Hamptons. This was definitely beyond the call of duty. Upon my guests' arrival, Jessica helped with one guest's problem with checking in. She made sure that I had nothing to worry about.

The food and service was wonderful. We were late getting to dinner, but despite that, the food was great and the staff was very understanding and helpful. I consider the cost for dinner to be quite reasonable. We had everything from appetizer to dessert for a fixed price. We chose buffet, but could have had a sit down dinner. The Hilton was very flexible in changing the room for the dinner. We originally expected to have less than 20 people for dinner. The guest list grew to over 30 and Jessica had no problem in accommodating us.

The hotel is located in a perfect part of Silver Springs for guests to get out and see some sights. It was also close to my wedding site at Brookside Gardens. I would have no problem in booking another event at the Hilton, Washington DC/Silver Spring.

Sent on 05/21/2009

Kala · Married on 10/11/2008

Our wedding reception was absolutely spectacular!!! We had such a great time and Ira, the catering manger, was phenomenal! The price was great and I would highly recommend this venue for anyone getting married! Hilton was great!

Sent on 10/19/2008

Brenda · Married on 08/09/2008

We worked with Ira Buttrum, and she was great. I did much of the initial planning with her over the phone, and she was extremely helpful and flexible. She, and the rest of the staff, were very responsivle to our questions and need before and during the reception. We were extremely pleased with the service we received at the Hilton Silver Spring.

Sent on 08/14/2008

Hailey · Married on 08/23/2008

We enjoyed our selves here. It was a little more than we wanted to spend, but we had a great time.
    Our guests really enjoyed them selves. I would recommend them.

Sent on 01/26/2009

Kianna · Married on 06/10/2018

My guest really loved the hotel. The location gave them plenty of things to do without having to drive.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Tom · Married on 05/22/2010

Hilton Washington DC/Silver Spring is an excellent reception location for those who do not wish to put the entire reception together on their own. They provide the venue, guest room blocks, full catering (hors d'ouevres, dinner, and cake), bar & bartending, furniture, and dance floor, with a lot of variety in choices of size of room and menu. All guests were extremely pleased with their accomodations and the facility's proximity to downtown Silver Spring for dining, bars, and shopping. We were very happy with the quality of service and responsiveness provided by the event coordinator, Kate Eucare. The only drawback is the banquet hall itself, as it has no windows and fluorescent lights in some places.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Maurice · Married on 07/02/2006

Service was exceptional during our rehearsal dinner and for accomodations.

Sent on 05/22/2008
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 10/29/2016

4.2

Our reception was so much fun, the food was delicious, the room looked lovely and overall we were happy. We worked with Pam, and we were mostly satisfied. She was not great over email but we met with her in person several times and she was very on top of things in our meetings. One complaint we had was that our wedding cake was supposed to be decorated with petals, which Pam had (since we were also using them for table decor), but the cake did not have any petals on it and looked very bland. So there was definitely some miscommunication between Pam and the company that provided our cake. Our biggest complaint was that they undercharged us leading up to the event and then Pam demanded full payment from my husband the morning of the wedding for more than his credit limit. He ended up having to scramble that morning (i.e. the morning of his wedding) and borrow his parents' credit card to process part of the payment. It was incredibly stressful for him and very unprofessional of the hotel. Also we used the DoubleTree for our room block, and some of our guests had a hard time getting the appropriate rate. This was mostly resolved thanks to the hard work of Adam. I do have to say that the hotel staff were fantastic that weekend- so accommodating and helpful. They seemed genuinely excited that we were having our wedding there and that we were using the hotel for our room block, and were determined to make our stay as pleasant as possible. So, to sum it up, we were mostly happy, but there were definitely a few hiccups, some of which were major.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/08/2019

3.2
      3.0
      3.0

When I started with Hilton, I was working with a fantastic planner, Virginia Perry. She's wonderful and I do not blame her at all for the debacle which ensued. The hotel transferred her to VA and didn't bother to mention this until about a month before the wedding. She and I continued to work together, but I was told that the wedding would be handled by someone else, Jeffrey Harrison.

The day of... Jeffrey was no where to be found. He'd transposed the numbers on the orders, despite multiple emails with the correct numbers. Half of the wedding didn't eat until almost 30 minutes after they were supposed to, the food wasn't hot. Some of these people were diabetic and couldn't wait that long after taking their medications. They agreed to extend the bar for 45 minutes, as an apology, but that didn't happen. Apparently, they failed to convey that message to the bartender.

All in all, I had a loverly night, but I was also not aware of any of the chaos while it was happening. My MOH handled everything, even after the event was over. They ended up refunding me $1400 for everything. I'm sure that once Jeffrey gets the hang of it, he'll be fine, but until then... I'd be wary. The price was right, but still...

Sent on 04/25/2012

Rachel · Married on 11/15/2014

2.6
      1.5
      2.5
      2.0
      2.5

We had a difficult time working with the DoubleTree. We got a great deal for our guests and it was next to the venue but I do not recommend it for a wedding block. - the contact person was not very understanding and difficult to work with - the hot water ran out for our guests - the valet is over crowded and people had to wait 30 min to park - they didn't provide any thanks to the honeymoon suite for filling over 50 rooms

Sent on 12/02/2014