Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist Reviews

55 Reviews for Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist

• Chiara

Chiara Tagaan · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Amazing and professional team

Doranna's team was super communicative before the wedding, answering all the questions and followed up on anything else we needed for the big day. They sent the timeline weeks before the wedding and was flexible the day of when I wasn't ready with my hair. The day of the wedding, Doranna and Mariana were punctual, friendly, patient and super professional. They couldn't have been more helpful with both mothers who aren't used to getting their hair and make up done. They both ended up loving everything and so did I. They made me look and feel like a queen on my big day and I couldn't thank them more!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Alexandria Kerfien · Married on 12/06/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Doranna & her team did an AMAZING job! I’m so thankful I chose her for my big day! They’re so personable and are clearly professionals at what they do! You will not regret using her! Thank you again Doranna!!!

Sent on 01/07/2021

Meagan · Married on 08/02/2020

Doranna & Her GlamSquad are AMAZING

I was skeptical when I was looking to book for my bridal/bridesmaid/MOB/MOG hair and makeup for my destination wedding from afar. Jimena (who works closely with Doranna) was so kind, helpful and responsive when I inquired about their services. She made me feel comforted and excited to work with Doranna and her Glam Squad. Doranna was also VERY flexible and helpful in meeting me at my resort for the wedding day. I sent a bunch of photos ahead of time with my desired look. I essentially wanted a hybrid of 3 different looks for my hair and Doranna made my hair look BETTER than I could have even imagined. Mariana also is an artist - she was able to replicate looks my bridesmaids asked for and made all of us look absolutely flawless! I highly recommend them for any wedding!!!

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Ross · Married on 07/10/2020

Doranna and her team are fantastic!!!

Doranna and her team were fantastic!!! So much experience between them and just so much fun. They showed me various options for my hair and makeup as i didnt have much of an idea. They came up with a stunnning look which was so natural and perfectly me. I cannot thank them enough. The hair and make up stayed the whole day even with the humidity in mexico. Definately will be visiting the salon at christmas. Doranna even did my husbands hair and thats hard to work with!!! she was amazing definately made him look good. Thank you again it was a fabulous day.

Sent on 11/10/2019

Kortni Harness · Married on 01/06/2020

Wedding hair

My bridal party and myself were so happy with how our hair looked. Doranna did an amazing job!! I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Anastasia

Anastasia · Married on 11/11/2019

Put your trust in Doranna and her team!

I don't know where to start! All I can say is, I didn't think I could feel as beautiful as I did on our wedding day. I just couldn't fathom feeling like I would be genuinely happy with how I looked when I walked down the aisle, especially with it being a destination wedding. Yes, her work seemed to be marvelous via Instagram, but I've had my makeup done dozens of times for one event or another and I can honestly say there has been--maybe three times where I walked away completely happy, and one of them was thankfully on my wedding day! Doranna listened carefully to achieve the look I was going for (soft, natural glam) with both my hair and make-up. She and Mariana effortlessly accomplished exactly what I was going for. Additionally, I had 11 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and 2 moms for her team to get dolled up on the morning of. They were on time, efficient, had all my ladies' schedule planned out for HMU. Most importantly everyone was feeling their best! While there are lots of choices for hair and make-up artists, put your trust in Doranna and her team. You will feel like the most stunning bride, just as you should on one of the best days of your life! Grazie mille, Doranna!

Sent on 04/15/2020

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much my dear!!! You looked absolutely stunning and I loved working with such a beautiful group of women. Wishing you all the best!!
  • Amy

Amy Jones · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding at the Reef Playacar

Doranna's did an excellent job with hair and make up for myself and my flower girl for my wedding at the Reef Playacar! I was nervous about planning hair and makeup from the US, and scheduling a trial a few days before put me at ease. They were able to create 2 different beautiful looks for the Indian Sikh ceremony in the morning and the Christian ceremony in the afternoon. They were also very dependable and professional, guiding me through the process months in advance, navigating the resort, and making sure everything happened as scheduled the day of. They were very friendly, and helped create a nice atmosphere while getting ready for the ceremonies. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much Amy!!! We truly enjoyed working with you and can't wait to see the rest of your professional pics!! Wishing you both the very best ;)
  • Julia

Julia Krebs · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing Personality - Top Quality Hair & Make-up

Doranna was recommended by a friend and our wedding planner. I would like to highlight the professionalism and flexibility! During my hair trail Doranna was able to adjust her technique in order to create the look I wanted. On the day, she did an amazing job with my bridesmaids, sister-in-law and both mothers. Our looks lasted all night! I also would like to say thank you to Sam who was coordinating with me via email in the weeks before the event - she gave me great advise and made sure that Doranna had all information needed before we met - pictures of hair and make-up style everybody wanted and so on. Grazie mille Doranna!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Julia!! The team and I loved working with you and wish you the best in this new chapter of your life ;)
  • Leigh

Leigh Mcmeiken · Married on 08/07/2019

Doranna and her team are truly amazing!!

Doranna and her team were amazing from start to finish. I was a bit apprehensive at first due to having never met Doranna in person, it was my first holiday to Mexico and the fact that her salon was 45minutes away from my wedding location. However, Doranna is a beautiful women inside and out and put my mind to ease instantly. She always responded quickly to my emails and provided answers to the questions I had. She offered to do hair and makeup at my wedding venue but I chose to go to her salon instead; it was a great option to have though. Dorannas’ organisation was fantastic. She created a timeline to ensure myself, the bridesmaids, the mother of the bride and the mother the groom were all stress free and ready with time to spare!
    Doranna and her team listened to exactly what style of hair and makeup I wanted for myself and the girls and everyone looked beautiful. In my opinion it was excellent value for money. Dorannas’ instagram account is a true reflection of her work and her teams work. My wedding day started off perfectly because I chose Doranna for the job. Doranna and her team are truly amazing and I would highly recommend Doranna to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 02/13/2020

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Your words mean the world to us!!! Thanks so much for your detailed and wonderful review. My entire team loved working with such a beautiful group of women. Congrats my gorgeous Leigh ;)
  • Latoya

LaToya · Married on 06/29/2019

Stop searching and choose Doranna!

Ladies,
    Doranna made me look and feel the way I deserved to look and feel on my wedding day! It was overwhelming to sift through all the vendors and select a stylist and makeup artist in another country that you can trust. However, Doranna's staff were warm and responsive to my questions. They were also very patient with me. Based on my initial interactions with them, my gut told me to select Doranna. On my wedding day, they arrived on time at my hotel (after driving an hour to my hotel). They paid careful attention to give me the look that I was going for. They calmed my nerves with their professionalism, and I knew that I was in great hands. My makeup was light and flawless. My hair flowed beautifully after I took it down at the reception. If you are out there searching for a trusted team in Cancun, choose Doranna and her team. Believe me, I am not the easiest person to please but Doranna pleased me!!!:)

Sent on 08/16/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

My love, thanks so much for your kind words, you've made our day!!!! You are a tremendously beautiful woman and it was a pleasure to work with you.

Brooke Ryder · Married on 06/12/2019

Fantastic makeup artists that gave me the look I was hoping for

Doranna's artists did a fantastic job on me and all my girls. My look was natural and subtle but still on the sexy side. They were very wonderful women and played fun music. It was an all around great experience.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much Brooke, we had a great time working with you and your pics turned out beautiful. Would you mind sending us a few for our social media?? Sending big hugs and much love your way. Doranna & Team
  • Ewa

Ewa R · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing!! Dont hesitate..book!

Doranna and her team were amazing for the entire experience, from booking, fast communication, great discussion and accommodation for hair and make up trial, and finally the big wedding day. They are super talented and do amazing job at hair and makeup for any age group, it was exactly what I was looking for. I felt very beautiful for the big day. Even my most picky hard to please bridesmaid was extremely happy. Doranna is very flexible and adjusted to my last minute changes of getting ready location. The team is very talented, professional, fun, patient, and just have very high and positive energy. They have very good hair products which make your hair last all night even in the humidity and high temperatures. The same goes for make up, they have the latest pallets and colors to meet everyone's needs. Doranna even got fresh flowers to put in my hair that were just the perfect color. I highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion especially wedding. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Bianca Carter · Married on 05/09/2019

Hair & Makeup Pros

Doranna and her team were great at taming my crazy curly hair and giving me the natural glamorous look that I requested. She was flexible with the styles we chose and the family members that wanted to be included. I never felt pressured to commit to a style or look that I didn’t want. If you’re looking for someone who knows how to work with difficult hair and provides amazing makeup services Doranna and her team are exactly what you’re looking for.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Bianca my dear, thanks so much for your amazing words. Just saw your sneak peeks and you look soooooo beautiful and happy!!!! Thanks for trusting our team ;)
  • Lauren

Lauren Bradley · Married on 03/30/2019

African American Bride

Finding a hair stylist in Mexico who could handle African American hair was one of the most stressful parts of planning my destination wedding. I'm so lucky to have found Doranna. She did a great job with my hair and my mom's hair. I have shoulder length hair, but wanted to add clip-in extensions to make my updo more full. I brought the extensions with me from home and Doranna installed them with ease to create the most beautiful updo. If you're on the fence about booking her, don't be. She was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much for your trust, Lauren! Loved working with you, you are such a beautiful bride. Best wishes!!!!

Candyce · Married on 03/16/2019

Professional & friendly team!

I had a group of 11, some for hair & makeup, some for only hair or makeup. Doranna's team helped put together a schedule that made sense and worked for my preferences - and made updates to it even until the day before!

Her team of 4 arrived on site at our hotel exactly on time, were professional but still really friendly and helpful. We had a great afternoon getting glammed by them and everyone looked amazing by the end of it!

Two important things to note:
    1. I did not even have a trial appointment with her! I shared photos of what I wanted, as well as photos of myself and some of the group beforehand. Her team was ready for any type of complexion & request!

2. My hair and makeup lasted literally ALL day and night in pretty hot temperatures (with some humidity), even with an after-party at the club and 4am tacos!

I'd highly recommend her services and would definitely go back to her salon when I'm back in Playa!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie Malone · Married on 03/05/2019

Perfect for my destination wedding

My three bridesmaids and I used Doranna and her team for our hair and makeup on my wedding day. Our makeup artist and hairstylist were absolutely wonderful to work with even though there was a slight language barrier. We just showed them some pictures off of pinterest and they were able to exactly recreate the hair style and make up look. All of us were so impressed and, after having already been in several other weddings, agreed that this was the best wedding hair/makeup we have had. Their price point is also on par with make up and hairstylists in the US. I couldn't recommend them more. I am so happy how everything turned out.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Emily Kaniecki · Married on 02/19/2019

Wedding hair and make up

Im from the UK and was having a destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. Doranna was recommended to me and her team made the whole process so easy despite not meeting until a week before the wedding. I had a trial out in Mexico and they were incredible helpful and listened to everything I was looking for. Even on the day they listened to me and my bridal team to create the perfect look to suit everyone. They were flexible and happy to change things as we went along whilst also offering their experienced advice. They did a fantastic job and made everyone feel so comfortable. Hair and make up stayed almost all night despite the heat and wind. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Lori

Lori Moskowitz · Married on 01/12/2019

Just awesome!

Doranna and her artists are awesome. Such a wonderful experience from the trial hair and makeup to the actual wedding day .This was my 2nd wedding after a 20 yr. 1st marriage and Emi made me look ..and feel 20 years younger. The comments I received not only form the guests but on social media was a big WOW!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Robert

Robert Hickey · Married on 01/11/2019

Delivered on a challenging request with artful execution!

Doranna was an absolute delight to work with. She was responsive, came with a point of view, and the end result was beautiful. I should also mention our ask came with it's own unique challenges. Our wedding party was dressed in outfits inspired by their spirit animals, and we needed hair that looked great with costumes for a butterfly, an orca, and a lion. Did I mention our wedding was at a beach in Mexico with high humidity? It sounds like a reality TV challenge, but I assure it really happened. Doranna's interpretation of the brief was artful and inspired, and the execution was spot on. We knew we were asking for a lot and Doranna overdelivered. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Nadinne · Married on 11/22/2018

Excellent!

It’s been 6 months since our wedding and I still feel like it was yesterday! I found Doranna on TripAdvisor and since the first email I sent her she made me feel that I made the best decision. She accommodated me and all the last minute needs I had, and not to mentioned that she and her entire staff made me feel like the prettiest girl on my big day!
    If you’re in the riviera maya and need hair and make up Doranna is your girl!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Mariana · Married on 11/09/2018

Excellent hair styling in Playa del carmen

Doranna and her team were great! Loved the bohemian updo they gave me for a wedding I would be attending as a guest. Romantic hairstyle, looked just like the picture I brought in. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Teresa Galvan · Married on 11/09/2018

Beautiful hair and makeup

Doranna and her team did an amazing job! I had a consultation the day before the wedding and felt confident my hair and makeup would look amazing. The day of the wedding my makeup and hair looked even better than the day before! She and her team are true professionals!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Anne Marie · Married on 06/22/2018

My daughter and I were thrilled to have Doranna and Christina do our hair and makeup for my wedding ceremony at the Fairmont Mayakoba this summer. I have very thick curly/frizzy hair and generally just give up on taming it in humid tropical climates. A bushy ponytail would typically be my go-to look. Doranna honestly was able to make my hair look the best it ever has, and I was able to wear it down! The curls were smooth and shiny, with not a hint of frizz, and it lasted throughout the day and evening. Christina was also a true artist with her makeup. I'm always hesitant to have someone else do my makeup for me for fear of looking overdone, but Christina followed my and my daughter's wishes and made us both look beautiful. My husband and his two sons loved the results. Also, Doranna and Christina couldn't have nicer. They both have great personalities and we really enjoyed the time we spent with them.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Vicki · Married on 05/14/2018

Doranna and her team were fantastic from the very beginning. The booking process was easy and any questions that I had were replied to quickly.

On the day itself Doranna made me feel very welcome. My bridal hair and make up, bridesmaids hair and make up and mother of the Groom hair and make up was was outstanding. Everyone commented on how beautiful we all looked. Highly recommended to anyone thinking of booking Doranna. Thank you once again!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Debra · Married on 05/10/2018

Words can't describe how happy we were with Doranna and her staff. They are so professional, talented and take a personal interest in making sure that you are completely happy. Plus they are so a lot of fun. So positive and supportive. We all felt so special during Hair and Make up on my Daughters wedding day. They are amazing.

Sent on 05/24/2018