Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist Reviews

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 4
Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 5
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Ross · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Doranna and her team are fantastic!!!

Doranna and her team were fantastic!!! So much experience between them and just so much fun. They showed me various options for my hair and makeup as i didnt have much of an idea. They came up with a stunnning look which was so natural and perfectly me. I cannot thank them enough. The hair and make up stayed the whole day even with the humidity in mexico. Definately will be visiting the salon at christmas. Doranna even did my husbands hair and thats hard to work with!!! she was amazing definately made him look good. Thank you again it was a fabulous day.

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 6
    Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Amy

Amy Jones · Married on 11/09/2019

Wedding at the Reef Playacar

Doranna's did an excellent job with hair and make up for myself and my flower girl for my wedding at the Reef Playacar! I was nervous about planning hair and makeup from the US, and scheduling a trial a few days before put me at ease. They were able to create 2 different beautiful looks for the Indian Sikh ceremony in the morning and the Christian ceremony in the afternoon. They were also very dependable and professional, guiding me through the process months in advance, navigating the resort, and making sure everything happened as scheduled the day of. They were very friendly, and helped create a nice atmosphere while getting ready for the ceremonies. I highly recommend!!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 19
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 20
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 21
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 22
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 23
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 24
    Sent on 12/08/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much Amy!!! We truly enjoyed working with you and can't wait to see the rest of your professional pics!! Wishing you both the very best ;)
  • Julia

Julia Krebs · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing Personality - Top Quality Hair & Make-up

Doranna was recommended by a friend and our wedding planner. I would like to highlight the professionalism and flexibility! During my hair trail Doranna was able to adjust her technique in order to create the look I wanted. On the day, she did an amazing job with my bridesmaids, sister-in-law and both mothers. Our looks lasted all night! I also would like to say thank you to Sam who was coordinating with me via email in the weeks before the event - she gave me great advise and made sure that Doranna had all information needed before we met - pictures of hair and make-up style everybody wanted and so on. Grazie mille Doranna!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 25
    Sent on 09/29/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Julia!! The team and I loved working with you and wish you the best in this new chapter of your life ;)
  • Latoya

LaToya · Married on 06/29/2019

Stop searching and choose Doranna!

Ladies,
    Doranna made me look and feel the way I deserved to look and feel on my wedding day! It was overwhelming to sift through all the vendors and select a stylist and makeup artist in another country that you can trust. However, Doranna's staff were warm and responsive to my questions. They were also very patient with me. Based on my initial interactions with them, my gut told me to select Doranna. On my wedding day, they arrived on time at my hotel (after driving an hour to my hotel). They paid careful attention to give me the look that I was going for. They calmed my nerves with their professionalism, and I knew that I was in great hands. My makeup was light and flawless. My hair flowed beautifully after I took it down at the reception. If you are out there searching for a trusted team in Cancun, choose Doranna and her team. Believe me, I am not the easiest person to please but Doranna pleased me!!!:)

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 26
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 31
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 32
    Sent on 08/16/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

My love, thanks so much for your kind words, you've made our day!!!! You are a tremendously beautiful woman and it was a pleasure to work with you.
  • Ewa

Ewa R · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing!! Dont hesitate..book!

Doranna and her team were amazing for the entire experience, from booking, fast communication, great discussion and accommodation for hair and make up trial, and finally the big wedding day. They are super talented and do amazing job at hair and makeup for any age group, it was exactly what I was looking for. I felt very beautiful for the big day. Even my most picky hard to please bridesmaid was extremely happy. Doranna is very flexible and adjusted to my last minute changes of getting ready location. The team is very talented, professional, fun, patient, and just have very high and positive energy. They have very good hair products which make your hair last all night even in the humidity and high temperatures. The same goes for make up, they have the latest pallets and colors to meet everyone's needs. Doranna even got fresh flowers to put in my hair that were just the perfect color. I highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion especially wedding. Thank you so much!!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 33
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 34
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 35
    Sent on 08/05/2019

Bianca Carter · Married on 05/09/2019

Hair & Makeup Pros

Doranna and her team were great at taming my crazy curly hair and giving me the natural glamorous look that I requested. She was flexible with the styles we chose and the family members that wanted to be included. I never felt pressured to commit to a style or look that I didn’t want. If you’re looking for someone who knows how to work with difficult hair and provides amazing makeup services Doranna and her team are exactly what you’re looking for.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Bianca my dear, thanks so much for your amazing words. Just saw your sneak peeks and you look soooooo beautiful and happy!!!! Thanks for trusting our team ;)
  • Lauren

Lauren Bradley · Married on 03/30/2019

African American Bride

Finding a hair stylist in Mexico who could handle African American hair was one of the most stressful parts of planning my destination wedding. I'm so lucky to have found Doranna. She did a great job with my hair and my mom's hair. I have shoulder length hair, but wanted to add clip-in extensions to make my updo more full. I brought the extensions with me from home and Doranna installed them with ease to create the most beautiful updo. If you're on the fence about booking her, don't be. She was absolutely amazing!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 36
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 37
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 38
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 39
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 40
    Sent on 06/02/2019

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much for your trust, Lauren! Loved working with you, you are such a beautiful bride. Best wishes!!!!

Candyce · Married on 03/16/2019

Professional & friendly team!

I had a group of 11, some for hair & makeup, some for only hair or makeup. Doranna's team helped put together a schedule that made sense and worked for my preferences - and made updates to it even until the day before!

Her team of 4 arrived on site at our hotel exactly on time, were professional but still really friendly and helpful. We had a great afternoon getting glammed by them and everyone looked amazing by the end of it!

Two important things to note:
    1. I did not even have a trial appointment with her! I shared photos of what I wanted, as well as photos of myself and some of the group beforehand. Her team was ready for any type of complexion & request!

2. My hair and makeup lasted literally ALL day and night in pretty hot temperatures (with some humidity), even with an after-party at the club and 4am tacos!

I'd highly recommend her services and would definitely go back to her salon when I'm back in Playa!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 41
    Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie Malone · Married on 03/05/2019

Perfect for my destination wedding

My three bridesmaids and I used Doranna and her team for our hair and makeup on my wedding day. Our makeup artist and hairstylist were absolutely wonderful to work with even though there was a slight language barrier. We just showed them some pictures off of pinterest and they were able to exactly recreate the hair style and make up look. All of us were so impressed and, after having already been in several other weddings, agreed that this was the best wedding hair/makeup we have had. Their price point is also on par with make up and hairstylists in the US. I couldn't recommend them more. I am so happy how everything turned out.

Sent on 05/22/2019

Emily Kaniecki · Married on 02/19/2019

Wedding hair and make up

Im from the UK and was having a destination wedding in Playa del Carmen. Doranna was recommended to me and her team made the whole process so easy despite not meeting until a week before the wedding. I had a trial out in Mexico and they were incredible helpful and listened to everything I was looking for. Even on the day they listened to me and my bridal team to create the perfect look to suit everyone. They were flexible and happy to change things as we went along whilst also offering their experienced advice. They did a fantastic job and made everyone feel so comfortable. Hair and make up stayed almost all night despite the heat and wind. I would definitely recommend.

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 42
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 43
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 44
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 45
    Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Lori

Lori Moskowitz · Married on 01/12/2019

Just awesome!

Doranna and her artists are awesome. Such a wonderful experience from the trial hair and makeup to the actual wedding day .This was my 2nd wedding after a 20 yr. 1st marriage and Emi made me look ..and feel 20 years younger. The comments I received not only form the guests but on social media was a big WOW!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Robert

Robert Hickey · Married on 01/11/2019

Delivered on a challenging request with artful execution!

Doranna was an absolute delight to work with. She was responsive, came with a point of view, and the end result was beautiful. I should also mention our ask came with it's own unique challenges. Our wedding party was dressed in outfits inspired by their spirit animals, and we needed hair that looked great with costumes for a butterfly, an orca, and a lion. Did I mention our wedding was at a beach in Mexico with high humidity? It sounds like a reality TV challenge, but I assure it really happened. Doranna's interpretation of the brief was artful and inspired, and the execution was spot on. We knew we were asking for a lot and Doranna overdelivered. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Nadinne · Married on 11/22/2018

Excellent!

It’s been 6 months since our wedding and I still feel like it was yesterday! I found Doranna on TripAdvisor and since the first email I sent her she made me feel that I made the best decision. She accommodated me and all the last minute needs I had, and not to mentioned that she and her entire staff made me feel like the prettiest girl on my big day!
    If you’re in the riviera maya and need hair and make up Doranna is your girl!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Mariana · Married on 11/09/2018

Excellent hair styling in Playa del carmen

Doranna and her team were great! Loved the bohemian updo they gave me for a wedding I would be attending as a guest. Romantic hairstyle, looked just like the picture I brought in. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Teresa Galvan · Married on 11/09/2018

Beautiful hair and makeup

Doranna and her team did an amazing job! I had a consultation the day before the wedding and felt confident my hair and makeup would look amazing. The day of the wedding my makeup and hair looked even better than the day before! She and her team are true professionals!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Anne Marie · Married on 06/22/2018

My daughter and I were thrilled to have Doranna and Christina do our hair and makeup for my wedding ceremony at the Fairmont Mayakoba this summer. I have very thick curly/frizzy hair and generally just give up on taming it in humid tropical climates. A bushy ponytail would typically be my go-to look. Doranna honestly was able to make my hair look the best it ever has, and I was able to wear it down! The curls were smooth and shiny, with not a hint of frizz, and it lasted throughout the day and evening. Christina was also a true artist with her makeup. I'm always hesitant to have someone else do my makeup for me for fear of looking overdone, but Christina followed my and my daughter's wishes and made us both look beautiful. My husband and his two sons loved the results. Also, Doranna and Christina couldn't have nicer. They both have great personalities and we really enjoyed the time we spent with them.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Vicki · Married on 05/14/2018

Doranna and her team were fantastic from the very beginning. The booking process was easy and any questions that I had were replied to quickly.

On the day itself Doranna made me feel very welcome. My bridal hair and make up, bridesmaids hair and make up and mother of the Groom hair and make up was was outstanding. Everyone commented on how beautiful we all looked. Highly recommended to anyone thinking of booking Doranna. Thank you once again!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 46
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 47
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 48
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 49
    Sent on 05/30/2018

Debra · Married on 05/10/2018

Words can't describe how happy we were with Doranna and her staff. They are so professional, talented and take a personal interest in making sure that you are completely happy. Plus they are so a lot of fun. So positive and supportive. We all felt so special during Hair and Make up on my Daughters wedding day. They are amazing.

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 50
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 51
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 52
    Sent on 05/24/2018

Nicole · Married on 03/16/2018

I got married in Playa del Carmen on March 16th, 2018. My hotel did not allow outside vendors in so I had to find a local hair salon to make me look beautiful on my wedding day. I was so worried being that I was traveling from New Jersey for my destination wedding and had to base my decision solely on photos. Im so HAPPYI booked with Doranna and her team. My girls (12 of us total) and I looked SPECTACULAR on my wedding day. She was so accommodating and knew immediately the look and feel that I was going for. She kept to her schedule, made us look great, and had plenty of laughs together that helped ease my wedding jitters. I would recommend her to ANYONE that is looking for a fantastic hair stylist, especially if you are traveling from far away and worry too much like me! Book with her! You'll be in great hands!

Doranna, I cant thank you enough! xoxoxoxo!!!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 53
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 54
    Sent on 04/20/2018

Rhian · Married on 01/31/2018

Doranna was the hair stylist for my bridesmaids and the mother of the bride and groom for my wedding day in Playa del Carmen, on 31st January 2018. Doranna and her team were a dream to work with. Incredibly professional, attentive and responsive. I felt totally relaxed and confident that Doranna would provide the best possible service, and she did! Everyone was delighted with their hair and she was also a lovely person to have in the room while we were all getting ready for the wedding. I highly recommend Doranna and her team. Thank you Doranna!

Sent on 02/19/2018

Daniela · Married on 01/26/2018

I have no words to talk about Doranna, all I could have ever asked for and more! I was so worried about my wedding look, it was so important to me to feel perfect and she made it possible. All the experience with her was great! Since the first time I asked for information, her team was amazing detailing on all my answers. Always available to talk and to get everything as I asked. She was so focused on the details, and she captured perfectly the idea I had in mind. She made recommendations, which now I am trilled to have listed to. She is an expert at weddings, and all the details she recommended were the perfect final touch. My friends (a large group) also asked for makeup and hair, it's always so hard to make everyone happy and she did!! (Her and her amazing team) All of them were so happy! I received tons of good comments. And on the wedding day she made me feel so relaxed, calmed and happy. She guard all the details even for the photo session. My hair and make up were intact all thought the party, we even ended dancing in the rain! And I still looked amazing! I could not have made a better decision and could no recommend her more! Thanks Doranna you were such an important part on making this the best day of my life!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 55
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 61
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 62
    Sent on 02/22/2018

Tara · Married on 01/08/2018

We were 5 to get are hair and makeup done for my wedding in Playa Del Carmen. I found Doranna surfing the web and Facebook!! VERY happy with my choice! She is carring, has alot of experience and executes exactly what we ask! Loved her and her makeup artist! I would choose her again without a doubt!!! Thank you again!

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 63
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 64
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 65
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 66
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 67
    Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 68
    Sent on 01/15/2018

Doranna Hairstylist & Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you very much Tara that you shared your wonderful experience. We are very pleased you chose and liked our service and our professionalism. It was a pleasure to be part of your big day and that we were able to beautify your ladies and your little girl. Hope to see you soon and if you ever come back to Playa please don't hesitate to get in touch! Love Doranna

Jessica · Married on 07/11/2017

Doranna did my hair and makeup for my beach wedding at rosewood Mayakoba. They are not kidding about the humidity, and there's no way I would have been able to do it myself. She did an amazing hairstyle that still showed off my long hair but kept it out of my face despite all of the wind. My curls lasted 2 days! She showed up early is very prepared. Even did a last minute flower girl hair styling with the crown.
    Her partner, cris, did my makeup. I was more nervous having someone new do my makeup, but she did it exactly how I like. Highly recommend doranna!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Patricia · Married on 07/08/2017

Doranna and her crew were amazing! She went above and beyond my expectations. The day of my wedding I felt the prettiest I have ever felt, my husband even geared up seeing me walk down the isle! He kissed me and kept repeating how beautiful I looked! Thank you Dorrana, you are the best!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Leticia · Married on 07/08/2017

I had a wonderful experience with Doranna. The work she does is truly a work of art. My hair was gorgeous and my makeup stayed the entire night. I was very pleased

Sent on 08/09/2017