Donovan's Dish Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Eve
    Eve T. Married on 11/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

What my guests remembered!

We got married on 11/12 with over 200 guests, & we chose Donovan’s Dish to cater. Of all the feedback we got from our wedding, hands down the most common thing we heard was, “Who catered? It was AMAZING!” I know the highlight of any bride’s wedding day is marrying the love of her life. While this was indeed the best part, our food was a close second. We had the steak, stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and asparagus- and my goodness, I couldn’t pick a favorite, but definitely had seconds. I didn’t care that I was wearing a tight dress, and a full belly would show- it was worth every bite!!

Special should out to Brittany B. for making it so easy to work with Donovan’s Dish. She made herself accessible to me via text which was insanely helpful for last minute things that came to mind.

Book them. Now. Worth every penny.
  • Ana
    Ana A. Married on 10/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best food experience at a wedding

Donovan’s Dish was everything we could have ever asked for out of a vendor! We did several live stations, and it was absolutely perfect. Everything was incredibly organized, and flowed without a hitch. Ashley made us feel at ease from the moment we met with her at our tasting.

We received so many compliments from family and friends saying it was the best food they had had at a wedding. Thank you to the entire team for being such a special part of our day! It was amazing!
  • Carson
    Carson B. Married on 10/21/2022

Choose Donovan's Dish!

Donovan’s Dish was great to work with for our wedding catering! Jill, Brittany and Ashley were professional and very helpful throughout the process. They had great communication and were always willing to answer questions or address any concerns. The food was oh so tasty and we are still receiving compliments about how delicious everything was!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Melissa Married on 10/15/2022

Wedding event

Hi we chose Donavan’s Dish for our child’s LGBTQ wedding. They were excellent to us from the beginning. Ashley our Event Manager was outstanding! Always on the ball and always willing to take the time to help no matter what. We were very satisfied and won’t hesitate to recommend or to use them again for any catering needs.
    Alyssa L. Married on 10/01/2022

10/10 Recommend

Donovan's Dish was absolutely amazing for my October wedding! They were so easy to work with and everyone was incredible friendly. They took care of everything on the day of and answered all of our questions quickly. Our guests are still telling us how much they loved the food!
    Dru H. Married on 08/14/2022

Amazing Caterer

Every detail of our rehersal dinner and wedding were perfect. The food was amazing and they provided excellent service, from Ashley helping pick the food to the servers at both events.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey F. Married on 07/02/2022

Donovan's Dish - Wedding Catering Game Changer

We cannot recommend Donovan's Dish enough. From the people to the food, they are next level all around. We had so much fun working with the team to customize a unique menu for our wedding and boy, did Donovan's deliver. People are still raving about the food...it isn't just good food for a wedding, its gourmet and utterly delicious. When you choose Donovan's Dish as your caterer, DO NOT pass up the Shrimp & Grits. This southern favorite even got a crowd of New Yorkers to throw their hands up in the air! Donovan's uses a D as their logo and let me tell you, it stands for down right delicious, divine and delectable.
  • Col
    Col E. Married on 06/04/2022

THE catering folks!

The entire team was incredible responsive, helpful and professional from the earliest planning through the last service. They were all great and I would absolutely recommend them for any wedding or large event!
    Erinn A. Married on 05/01/2022

Brunch Wedding

We had a brunch wedding and the food was nothing short of amazing. The guests really enjoyed and we did as well. The DD team is very communicative and will work with you to cater what you want. Thanks an amazing day!
    Sarah H. Married on 03/26/2022

Absolutely recommend!

Everyone at Donovan's Dish was so great to work with. Quick response time and helped us pick the best menu for our day! The catering team was so nice and all of our guests were raving about the food after dinner.
  • Desirae
    Desirae L. Married on 03/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic Catering for a Wedding!

Hired Donovans as one of the preferred vendors with my wedding venue, and man did they nail it! From the beginning, we were able to try out the food (for free I might add!), meet with them to make custom changes, and then I could rave all day about how they did on the day of the wedding! Everything was set up perfectly, the appetizers were a hit during cocktail hour, and they even made sure to bring us some while were were taking photos in the cold outside to make sure we at least got to try them on the day off - highly recommend the chicken and waffles, fried green tomatoes, and the bourbon meatballs!!! The dinner itself was fantastic, and guests mentioned how good the food was. They even made sure some of the children, who were notoriously picky eaters, had food without being prompted. When I say run, dont walk, to hire Donovans for your wedding catering...I mean it. Shoutout to Ashley and Jill, who took over my event after a previous associate changed jobs. They stepped right in, made great recommendations, and were so prompt when changes needed to be made to headcount, vegetarians, etc. These guys are the best professionals, and truly made our day fantastic!
    Maggie E. Married on 03/09/2022

Look no further!

If you are debating wedding food vendors, let me make it easy for you-- Choose Donovan's Dish! Sydney and the Donovan's Dish team are absolutely amazing! Our guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding food they have ever had and we couldn't agree more. The service was excellent and everything was timed perfectly. I promise you will not regret having them cater your wedding.
    Kristin E. Married on 02/26/2022

Wedding Caterer

Donovan’s Dish is amazing! We had so many compliments from our guest that we had the best wedding food they had ever had! From the wonderful staff to delicious I would absolutely recommend Donovan’s to anyone!
  • Kristen
    Kristen N. Married on 02/19/2022

Amazing! 10/10

We used Donovan’s Dish for our wedding in Feb 2022. The food was absolutely amazing and we couldn’t have been happier! We received many compliments from guests. We chose the stuffed chicken and the tenderloin! Excellent food and service. I would highly recommend them!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa A. Married on 02/03/2022

Absolutely Perfect

Donovan’s Dish and all of the staff did an absolutely perfect job at my wedding 2/3/22. It was everything and more that I could have dreamed of! I would recommend Donovans dish to everyone!
    Juliana Married on 12/18/2021

100% would Recommed!

Wow, Donovan's Dish! You are incredible. They catered for our wedding on 12/18 and man oh man their food is out of this world. We had the stuffed chicken and steak, and it was so delicious. All my guests raved about how they enjoyed it. I was getting text messages the next day about how great the food was and the best steak they ever had. Their onsite staff was very professional and attentive. I would highly recommend it! Thanks, DD team!
    Ed Sulecki Married on 12/10/2021

Amazing food

Donovan’s Dish is delicious and guests raved about the food.

We just ordered our wedding dinners for Valentines Day, as well.

What’s not to like?
  • Kwentworth
    Kim W. Married on 10/09/2021

Book them now!

I promise you won't regret it. Donovan's Dish absolutely KILLED IT for our wedding dinner. The entire process of working with their team was so easy and they were beyond accommodating. My wedding guests are STILL reaching out to me to rave about the food they ate at my wedding. I will only ever use DD for any future catering needs. Brides - BOOK THEIR TEAM NOW!!
  • Chanell
    Chanell M. Married on 10/08/2021

So glad we chose Donovan's

We booked Donovan's for our October wedding. It was so easy to work with Sydney throughout the entire process. Our wedding guests are still talking about how wonderful our wedding food was. We also enjoy ordering the fresh cooked and frozen dinners from their Apex location!.
    Ethan B. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent food for our wedding reception!

We booked Donovan's Dish for our wedding reception in Raleigh and the food was immaculate! We curated the menu selections to create a very Southern hospitality vibe and our guests were raving about it all night long. I would definitely recommend them for anyone looking to knock it out of the park on their wedding day.
    Jessica L. Married on 09/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Sydney and the team at DD were a delight to work with!

I can't even express how amazing the DD team was in making our wedding a success. Sydney was responsive, creative, and someone that was so organized from our first meeting. We moved from a venue to doing a wedding on our farm (with no venue) within 4 months and Sydney jumped right in and put us at ease. Her team helped from set-up to break-down and provided the best full service experience. Not to mention the food! We love food and are foodies and all of our friends and family keep talking about the shrimp and grits and the chicken and waffles! This team is someone I would recommend 10x over and they helped make our wedding dreams come true!
    Danny M. Married on 06/27/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Delicious food and affordable pricing!

We loved working with Donovan's Dish for our wedding! Communication was super smooth throughout the process, and the food was to die for. In fact, my husband declared that their Signature Stuffed Chicken was the best chicken he'd eaten in his life! Really amazing value as well given how delicious everything was. Very professional team, and our guests loved the food!!
    Julie F. Married on 05/07/2021

Great Experience!

I highly recommend Donovan's Dish. Sydney was great to work with and the food turned out great on the day. I especially loved the crab cake appetizers! They were so flexible with us in tweaking two meals to make sure they didn't have pork per my family's wishes. You will not regret your decision to go with them. Everything is delicious!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey C. Married on 10/24/2020

Delicious Donovan's!

Yum! We are so glad that we chose Donovan’s Dish to cater our wedding. Sydney and the team were wonderful to work with. We were lucky enough to use Donovan’s throughout our entire wedding weekend and they nailed it every single time! They brought food for our bridal brunch, lunch for the bridesmaids and groomsmen the day of the wedding, catered our wedding, and provided trays for the day after the wedding. They are delightful to work with and so accommodating and responsive. Guests raved about food across all of the events. The service was phenomenal. We highly recommend using Donovan’s for your next event!
  • Sarah
    Sarah L. Married on 12/07/2019

Fantastic Food!

We loved having Donovan's Dish cater our wedding! We had two stations with the Bistro Filet and the Famous Shrimp and Grits. Both dishes were absolutely delicious. Not only that but they were incredibly professional. They made sure my husband and I were served right away so we could enjoy the food before interacting with our guests. I highly recommend them for your wedding/event. If we lived closer we would be ordering take-out from them daily.
illustration stars