Donnell Perry Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Allison
    Allison D. Married on 08/21/2021

HIGHLY recommend!

I cannot recommend Donnell Perry Photography enough! He did an amazing job with our wedding photos. He really took the time to get to know us and what was important to us, he asked about our family dynamic and was sensitive to all of our needs and wants, and made us feel super comfortable. He came up with shots and locations for photos that we never would’ve imagined, and they turned into the most GORGEOUS pictures! He really captured the fun of the reception so we felt like we were reliving it looking through the photos. We received hundreds of pictures, much faster than we expected. I can’t imagine a better experience than the one we had with Donnell. Do yourself a favor and give them a call!
  • Y
    Yolonda Married on 08/07/2021

Awesome !!!!!!!

Donnell is the best at what he does. You will not be disappointed.
  • Brooke
    Brooke Married on 11/01/2019

Fantastic experience!

We had a fantastic experience using Donnell for our wedding photographer. It was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. He was punctual for all of our meetings and professional. Donnell made us feel comfortable during the entire process.
    Tiffany Married on 08/31/2019

Always an Amazing Experience

Working with Donnell and his team has been such a joy for my Husband and I. We first took our engagement photos with Donnell and they came out so beautifully. Donnell is an awesome photographer and captured such amazing photos that truly captured who we are and our love. After receiving so many good pics to choose from for all of our engagement and pre-wedding needs, we knew that we had to have Donnell shoot out wedding photos. Donnell is very responsive via email and on the day-of showed up super early with his team ready to take photos. All of the photos I have seen so far have been breath taking! I cannot wait to see all of the photos and I know my husband and I will look stunning in them! Hiring Donnell as our photographer was one of our best decisions and we would absolutely recommend him as he is definitely one of the top in the area!
  • LaShanta
    Lashanta Married on 05/18/2019

Phenomenal Photographer

Donnell did an excellent job capturing every moment and detail. We can’t wait to see our pictures.
    V Duncan Married on 10/07/2018

Excellent Experience

Donnell has been absolutely remarkable to work with. From his level of attention to detail to how quickly his turnaround times are, he works hard to ensure his product is just what the client wants. Donnell exudes professionalism at every turn. He was easily the most responsive of ALL of our vendors.

Donnell captured every moment of our special day, even the things that we overlooked in haste. Also, I am not photogenic at all—but even that was no obstacle for him. Each picture was nothing short of perfect.

We cannot say enough positive things about Donnell Perry Photography. We would absolutely seek his services again for the major moments in our lives.
    Shameka Married on 07/19/2018
    Donnell Perry was awesome, he captured some great memories and our online wedding gallery definitely tells our wedding story for us. We don’t have to sit down and explain what happened at our wedding because the pictures tell the story themselves and that was breathtaking. It’s like a motionless video. Everything was amazing, Donnell and his team are Amazing and truly have a gift for catching authentic moments!
    Belle Married on 06/09/2018
    Donnell did a beautiful job photographing our special day!!! He also drove about an hour to come out to the family farm, trekked through the cow pasture to capture beautiful engagement pictures in a somewhat unusual setting. He is so sweet, has such a beautiful smile and was so easy to work with. We viewed several photographers recommended by our wedding planner but we always came back to Donnell. He has such a unique was of capturing the moment in way that truly honors the memory. We highly recommend Donnell!!
    Alexandra Married on 06/02/2018
    We had such a wonderful experience with Donnell and his team. Donnell cared to know Ches and I as a couple and understand what was important to us. He traveled to Ches' family farm for our engagement session and was so flexible and easy to work with. On our wedding he and Tracy made everyone feel so relaxed and at ease. They were able to capture genuine and authentic moments throughout the entire day. Donnell has a gift for capturing special moments. We are over the moon with how all of our wedding photographs turned out.
    Rakhee Married on 04/21/2018
    Donnell and his team were exceptional. We loved working with them and they made taking our wedding photos a fun and easy experience. Also they were So Fast with getting us the pics and the photos are AMAZING! We and our family and friends are so grateful for the chance to relive the wonderful event through these gorgeous shots. I highly recommend them to any bride and groom.
    Kayla Married on 03/04/2018
    Donnell and his crew really made our day special! They provided a friendly and relaxed environment for the bridal party. They were very unintrusive, there were some points we didn't even realize they were there. We got amazing shot from our day and would recommend Donnell to anyone looking for photos in the Raleigh area!
    Jessica Married on 03/03/2018
    Donnell was very professional. He perfectly captured every aspect of the wedding. We couldn’t have asked for more. I would recommend his services to everyone!
    Jade Married on 11/18/2017
    Donnell did an amazing job! He was respectful, responsible, professional, and caring. He got us our full image album in less than a month and the pictures are AMAZING! He literally captured everything I wanted without me having to say anything.
    Marilouise Married on 11/04/2017
    Donnell and his team did an AMAZING job photographing our wedding! They were very professional, and helped make our wedding day seamless. Donnell has a creative eye and demonstrates planning and purpose in every picture he takes!
    Jocelyn Married on 10/13/2017
    Donnell was professional, creative, and fun! Highly recommend!
    Vonqual Married on 09/23/2017
    The best ever! Really made ours dream come true. Very professional
    Donna Married on 07/22/2017
    Donnell was amazing. There aren't enough words to describe how excellent he was. I am very happy with our decision to have Donnell photograph our wedding and our engagement session. He is such a talented and down to earth person. His work is great, and his personality and professionalism are even more amazing.
  • O
    Olivia Married on 06/17/2017
    From the very beginning Donnell was amazing. He took the time to explain his style of photography as well as get an idea of what we had in mind regarding our photos. We took our engagement photos in downtown Raleigh where Donnell led us to many beautiful locations and helped us with poses. Our pictures, both wedding and engagement, came out beautifully! I will definitely use Donnell again in the future, and I recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great photographer who will capture their special moments.
    Angelia Married on 04/29/2017
    Donnell was very professional and responsiveness. He did wonderful job capturing photos during our wedding ceremony. We would highly recommend his services to family and friends.

Donnell Perry Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kinds words Angelia. We enjoyed photographing your special day at the Barclay Villa. Congratulations on this new and exciting chapter!

Best Regards
    Joy Married on 03/25/2017
    I literally cannot say enough positive things about Donnell Perry and his team! When you think of wedding photographs, everyone has an expectation and an idea of how they want their pictures to look. Donnell and his team far far exceeded our expectations. We selected him almost immediately after we met with him because he was so professional and warm. He was very easy to talk to and made it very easy to be in front of the camera! He photographed my bridal portraits as well as the day of wedding pictures. He was so flexible, he directed me well and let me know exactly what to do. Donnell had great ideas on different venues (he suggested the Mayton Inn for my portraits and it was BEAUTIFUL!!). Donnell is also very creative and creates something simply amazing with your pictures. I had a plain veil that I didnt even think i would wear (because it was so plain). Donnell used that veil and literally some of my FAVORITE pictures were taken with that veil. Donnell has such a humble spirit, and everyone at my wedding loved him.

Please do yourself a favor, make the investment (because that is exactly what it is) and ensure that your pictures that you have for a lifetime will be amazing!! if you book Donnell, you will have that and then some! I have shown my pictures to everyone and they are in awe at how beautiful they are!
    Krystal Married on 02/19/2017
    I HIGHLY recommend Donnell as a photographer and cannot express how much my husband and I enjoyed working with him. When I began searching for a photographer, I was living in MA and did not have the luxury of visiting studios to meet photographers in person. When choosing a photographer, not only was the quality of work important to me but the diversity and range of the photographer. In looking at Donnell's website, I was immediately impressed and loved that his portfolio was diverse in many aspects. Since i was living in MA, Donnell was very accommodating and we had a virtual meeting to chat with one another. As we got closer to the wedding, Donnell sent along a planning sheet that covered a timeline of the day and every picture combination we could think of. When meeting him in person, he was even nicer than I remembered and went above and beyond to get amazing shots to capture our day. It is clear that Donnell is passionate about his work and has an amazing eye for detail while making his clients feel comfortable by interacting with them. My only regret is that I was not in NC for engagement pictures or I would have done as many photo sessions with him as I could. My husband and I are so pleased with the pictures we've seen thus far and were so thrilled to have had him help capture our wedding day!

Donnell Perry Photography's reply:

Hi Joy,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your experience with us. We enjoyed capturing so many lifetime memories for you. Your veil was magical and so was your wedding day. Thank you for being such an amazing client. We are so happy for you and Charles!
  • Elana
    Elana Married on 12/10/2016
    Donnell did an amazing job on my maternity photos. I would recommend him to anyone. He was patient as I adjusted to being more comfortable in front of the camera and I felt very comfortable around him. The images turned out AMAZING!!
    Latonya Married on 11/27/2016
    Donnell provides exceptional photography services. He takes the time to get to know his customers so that he can accurately execute their vision. Additionally, his professionalism is outstanding and his turn around time on deliverables is very impressive. Donnell and his team exceeded our expectations for our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos. The care and due diligence they exercised was like no other. We plan to continue to use Donnell services to capture all of our cherished family moments. Book with Donnell, you will not be disappointed!
    Tracy A. Married on 11/05/2016
    Donnell and his team photographed our recent wedding in Raleigh, NC. From the first meeting we had with Donnell, we knew that he was the one we wanted to photograph our special day. Donnell is professional, organized, and easy to work with. He provided us with a document prior to the wedding to include wedding details, family names, shot lists, and timelines. During our wedding, Donnell and Niki captured many special moments of our ceremony and reception. They were great at putting us and our guests at ease during the formal portrait session. They worked efficiently and that allowed us some additional time to take couple photos around the venue during the cocktail hour. We did not have to wait long to receive our photos and we were thrilled with the way the they turned out. We were able to share the electronic album with our friends and family who also commented on the high quality of Donnell's work. We would highly recommend Donnell to anyone needing a photographer.
    Markita Married on 09/24/2016
    If you want gorgeous pictures with amazing professionalism, Donnell is the person for you!! Donnell took tons of amazing pictures that I will treasure forever. All of my guests could not stop telling me how great and professional Donnell was at my wedding. I especially appreciated how available Donnell made himself. As on out-of-state bride, communication is very important to me. He was quick to respond to emails and video chats were great. I'm very happy with choosing Donnell to document our day, and I HIGHLY recommend him to every bride near and far!