DoceLunas Reviews

5 | Jaco, CR

5 Reviews for DoceLunas

Jeni Menendez · Married on 10/03/2019

Amazing experience!

We came to DoceLunas for our wedding in October 2019 and it could not have been better! Before we got there, Chris was always flexible with changes in our plans and guests and when we arrived, we found that the hotel was a slice of paradise; gorgeous, quiet, full of plants and wildlife (I think we saw as much wildlife there as anywhere else), the staff was beyond friendly, and if we wanted more 'action,' town was only a mile away! We came during the rainy season and were pretty much the only people there most of the week, so it was quiet and we felt like it was our own paradise. I set up a few trips and they were phenominal! We saw nesting sea turtles, Peace gardens and waterfalls, Paos volcano, and Manuel Antonio National Park. The guys did a half day fishing trip. The tour van they set up for us had a fun driver who knew everyone and got us into areas we would not have gotten into on our own, the turtle tour was with the area naturalist and was spectacular, he knew so much about turtles! Our wait staff at the hotel, Mario, made sure we wanted for nothing- he brought a cooler of beers to the pool, had the chef make an aloe tincture for our sunburns, and was always one step ahead checking on our drinks and if we needed anything. He also had a great sense of humor and put up with our more rambunctious guests sense of humor. Patti went above and beyond planning the wedding, making sure we had a rain plan B, finding the best photographer I could have imagined, and making sure the decor was gorgeous! She even had a few surprises for me with rearranging furniture and 2 flower girls/ring bearers that assisted us. The whole trip was just marvelous and I can't recommend DoceLunas enough!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Hi Jeni,
    Thank you so much for your kind words about Docelunas! We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here, your ceremony went so well, and that the turtles showed up for you. Everyone hated to see your group leave. Hope to see you again soon.
  • Skye

Skye · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing. Perfect wedding. Perfect honeymoon. Amazing.

I can't recommend DoceLunas enough. I feel so blessed to have found this wonderful place and am happy to share my experience. I had my wedding here in April of 2019 and everything was perfect. I'm a picky bride - I had a vision - DoceLunas delivered beyond my expectations. The planning process was easy, flexible, relaxed - everything they tell you a wedding isn't! My wedding was a dream. The experience of being in Costa Rica and staying with the welcoming, loving people at DoceLunas changed my dad's life. Our family spent two weeks here and can't wait to be back. I plan to update this review with more details and more photos soon, but just had to get a review out there telling you how great this place is.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Hi Skye,
    Thank you big time for the stellar review. It was a pleasure having you, Mike, and both your families and friends here! Can't wait to have a beer and chat with your Dad again. Hopefully we can do some fishing next time, when we don't have a schedule. Enjoy your Halloween, we are doing the Haunted House again for the neighborhood kids!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/04/2017

Absolutely Amazing

My husband and I got married at DoceLunas and could not be more pleased with how everything turned out.

Brian took care of everything for us. I cannot stress how significant this was. He arranged the transportation, lawyer, photographer, flowers & decorations, hair & makeup, food, room reservations for family and friends, the list goes on. We didn’t have to worry about anything and were free to relax and enjoy our time swimming and sightseeing.

Since we went during the rainy season, we did have to change our original plan to have a beach wedding. This, too, was handled flawlessly. The transition was very smooth and you would have never known that our wedding took place at a backup location; it was like it was planned from the start.

The hotel itself was amazing and the grounds are gorgeous and well kept. Since we had family and friends also staying at the hotel, I was able to see several rooms and they were all spacious and very clean. There was always someone available to help us and everyone was so friendly. The restaurant is affordable and highly recommended. There are several delicious options on the menu to choose from.

We recommend DoceLunas to anyone traveling to the Jaco area and definitely hope to return on our next trip.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Hi Sarah,
    Thank you so much for the great review! Hope to see you guys on an anniversary one year.

Damien Savage · Married on 03/25/2017

Best Wedding Ever

Picture Perfect Wedding without breaking the bank! Hotel Doce Lunas hosted our wedding in March 2017. It was simply amazing and everything we could have hoped for.
    Brian went over and beyond to make sure we had everything thing we needed while staying under budget. The hotel has 20 rooms so booked the entire campus plus some overflow rooms at a nearby hotel. We planned our entire wedding over email/phone.
    This included: Decoration, Food Menu, Ceremony, Reception, Waterfall Tour, Excursions, Photography.. EVERYTHING! and it was PERFECT! Shirley (bartender/waitress) was a delight! She greeted and feed our guestsevery morning for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! The front desk crew took care of our guest the entire weekend. If you are looking for a great destination wedding location, look no further than Hotel DoceLunas in Jaco Costa Rica.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Hi Damien,
    Muchas gracias! We're glad that your group enjoyed their time here so much! We hope to see you again, when you're down this way.

M Pearce · Married on 01/15/2017

Amazing service

A little back story, my now Husband and I knew we wanted to go to Costa Rica for our wedding, we looked at many hotels to do a scouting trip beforehand. Brian at Doce Lunas was the only one who actually picked up the phone and called.

The service just from that phone call was amazing, but when we got there the attention to detail was unreal. In a passing conversation my husband talked about how he likes specific drink, that night the bartender made it to perfection, even though it had never been made before by them.

We spent a week at Doce Lunas before the wedding, and they made sure everyone of our 40 guest had a unique experience that and any whim would be accommodated. Decide at 7pm you want a fishing trip the next day? done!!! The other group wants to go do a coffee tour? be at the van at 9! Anything wanted was taken care of!

The wedding its self was amazing, there happened to be a Celebrity Chef staying there who was friends with the owners and volunteered to cook all of our food, including a whole roast pig for our rehearsal dinner because at Doce your family. I want to point out that our entire wedding (including the rehearsal dinner, food, DJ, decorations, alcohol for rehearsal, wedding, and bloody mary bar for the day after) was less then 4000

Doce Lunas is to thank for an amazing week, our friends and family can not wait to go back to this special place!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Hi Mickey,
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. It was nice to talk to you again recently, and we look forward to your return! We'll leave a light on.....