34 Reviews for DJ Mattie Fresh

One Event Per Day (3)
Microphones (3)
Sound/PA System (3)
34 DJ Mattie Fresh Reviews

Matt DJ'd our wedding in November and he was amazing!! He was very professional and worked with us to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted! I didn't have to worry at all the whole night about what was going on, he followed the timeline perfectly and played all the songs we had requested. All of our guests raved about how much fun they had dancing all night! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a fun and awesome DJ!

Profile Picture Joelle, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Mattie is amazing!!!! I was so happy he was able to be the DJ at my wedding last weekend. He was also the DJ at my oldest sisters wedding and everyone raved about him. He is very good with coordinating/transitioning all the events throughout the night and kept everyone dancing. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, One Event Per Day

Matt was amazing and I'm so glad he was the DJ for our wedding!! My sister had Matt as her DJ at her wedding as well, so I knew we were in for a treat!! Matt was very organized, helped us plan our timeline, answered all questions right away, and was helpful with sending out reminders throughout the process. The night of the wedding he played all the songs we requested and then started to play songs that we LOVED that we didn't even remember to put on the list!! It was almost like he was reading off my Spotify playlist. Would DEFINITELY recommend DJ Mattie Fresh, he helped keep the party going all night!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Matt absolutely rocked our wedding. We had issues with a bus service that caused over an hour delay for some of our guests and Matt still made sure the party was rocking with the time delay. He also assisted with Mic and Sound for the ceremony during an extremely windy day. Went above and beyond to help out when there was chaos at the venue due to our crappy shuttle service

Best Wedding DJ in or around DC!!! I would recommend him to any and everyone.

Absolutely made our day from special song requests to keeping the party going a bit later than we originally requested. Great DJ and even better guy.

Profile Picture Matt, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, One Event Per Day

Do yourself a favor and book DJ Mattie now! My husband and I are all about dancing and Matt's music selection and flow of the night was absolutely PERFECT. He kept the dance party going literally all night long - with all ages involved, including our 10 year old nephew and my 80 year old grandmother. One of our uncles even commented that this was the first wedding where he thought the DJ outshined and outperformed any band. Not only was the reception a hit, but Matt worked with us to plan the perfect cocktail hour and dinner playlists to fit our vibe and music preference. He was super responsive, helpful, and kept everything professional, all while making sure everyone had a great time. It was clear he was devoted to making sure that all of the details were perfect on our big day. I would HIGHLY recommend using him and hope to use his services again for future events!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Mattie Fresh was phenomenal! We couldn't have asked for better entertainment on our wedding day. Mattie was great at checking in with us throughout the evening to see how everything was going and ask if he could do anything for us. He is super easy to work with. My husband and I were honestly shocked by the amount of guests we had on the dance floor ALL night long. It wasn't difficult at all to have every guest of every age up and dancing. On the morning after our wedding, we heard tons and tons of comments from our guests about how excellent Mattie was. We could not agree more!

Profile Picture Alex, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt was perfect! Things changed throughout the night and he just made it work! He felt the crowd out and played the perfect songs at the perfect time. I would 100% recommend him, and all my guests agreed!!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Mattie and his services at our wedding! We had 200+ guests ranging from 3-89 years old and EVERYONE was on the floor having a great time. I got so many compliments not only the choice of songs, but also the pace of the night. Mattie kept the energy going and made sure to stay on schedule for the events of the evening. His preparation and expertise allowed me to relax and enjoy my evening and we even extended the night! Thank you again!!

Profile Picture Tricia, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever! We had a small and intimate wedding (65 guests) and all of them were out on the dance floor! DJ Mattie Fresh was very professional and attentive, he has a great speaking voice, and he played music according to the crowd to help maintain a great energy throughout the entire reception. He kept in communication leading up to the wedding and was very helpful with music ideas and selections as well as providing a questionnaire that helped make sure I had everything I needed. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ – so no need to look any further – Hire him now!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We are so pleased with DJ Mattie Fresh! His music choices were fantastic and literally every single person at our wedding (144 people) were dancing at one point if not the entire night, even my 88 year old grandma. He came to me at least 3 times during the night to make sure all was going smooth and even let me take the mike to sing to my husband. He was well prepared, incredibly professional, and read the audience. My friends and relatives all raved about the music.
He was also the DJ at my sisters wedding and it was great to see the complete difference in music atmosphere and he did a fantastic job then too; he really knows what he is doing. We recommend him to everyone and felt proud after we left!

Profile Picture margaret, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever!! We and our guests had so much fun! Matt did a great job of reading the audience and picking amazing songs! We couldn't have been more satisfied!!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

You have to get DJ Mattie Fresh for your wedding, he is hands down the best DJ you could ever imagine for a wedding!!!
We were lucky to have him at ours!!! He did an AMAZING JOB!! Everyone had a blast and is still praising the music and the ambiance that was created by DJ Mattie and his ability to get the party started and keep it rolling the whole time. All of our guests said it was the most fun wedding they've ever been too, and we all had so much fun!! His work as our DJ helped get people out there dancing like my wife's cousin who never dances at all. I would recommend him to everyone and anyone looking for a DJ for any event!!!! BEST DJ EVER = MATTIE FRESH!!!

Profile Picture Ben , 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Mattie Fresh is the best in the biz! His assistant, Stephanie, was super helpful in making everything organized, and Matt was available at the drop of a hat if we needed him for anything. He helped us set up live music for the ceremony, and went above and beyond to make sure our day was the best it could be. You can request songs you do or don't want played, and his suggestions were on point. I wasn't sure what song we wanted for our last song, and of course Matt picked something that was perfect. He's very good at reading the room and determining what song is needed to keep things going. He did an awesome job introducing our wedding party and making announcements. My wife and I even said, "I'm glad he said that! Why didn't we think of that!" We got nothing but compliments from our guests and everyone was on the dance floor the entire night! Thanks for everything, Matt!!

Profile Picture Robert, 1/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you want to dance the night away with all of your favorite people then you need to hire DJ Mattie!! He made our wedding so fun! All the guests were impressed with his professionalism, music selections, and flexibility! He constantly checked with my husband and I go make sure we were having a good time and that everything was going smoothly! I could not have asked for a better DJ! Every guest was on their feet from the moment the music started until the very end! You need DJ Mattie if you want to have an amazing reception!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Matt was perfect! He is super responsive whether I contacted him through text, email, or Facebook. Working with Matt was super easy and organized, he sends a questionnaire to be filled out and he follows up if he has any questions. Last minute we wanted to change our dinner music genre and he had no problem doing this for us. Things got started a little late, but he adjusted quickly. Matt made our reception a party! He was also super HYPE when we had things going on like introducing us, garter toss, bouquet toss etc. He also kept our guests dancing! Everyone had a great time. Most of our guests were our age (mid- late 20's), but he threw in some oldies for the older guests. Our day would not have been the same without him. Book him now! You will be impressed he is professional, fun, and loves what he does!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you think (like me) that having great music and a packed dance floor can make or break a wedding, Mattie Fresh is a must-have for your special day. After being a guest at a few weddings that Mattie DJ'd, my fiance and I knew when day came that I had to have him too. From the first song of the night, the dance floor was packed with our guests, and he catered to every age group and every kind of music that you could imagine, all the while being incredibly professional. He checked in several times with the groom, myself, and a few bridesmaids to ask how we felt things were going and to ask how we felt about his music choices. He really is the best and will make your night one that you and your guests will not forget.

Profile Picture Therese, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mattie Fresh (Matt) was the DJ at our wedding reception last week and he was amazing! He went over all of the details with us in advance and he made great suggestions when we were unsure of what songs we wanted. Matt also provided music for our ceremony and served as the MC at our reception. He really exceeded our expectations at both the ceremony and reception. He played all the music we requested and made some great additions. We really appreciated how responsive Matt was throughout the process and how open he was to changes we wanted (even at the last minute). Overall, we would highly recommend Mattie Fresh for anyone looking for a great DJ!

Profile Picture Marianna, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We could not be more pleased with our decision hiring DJ Mattie Fresh for our wedding. He listened to what we wanted and worked with us during the months before, bouncing ideas back and forth. We told him our band/ song preferences for the cocktail hour, dinner, and reception- and he delivered perfectly. Our reception was on the Annapolis waterfront so we had concerns with people being outside all night- but because DJ Mattie's music choices were spot on, the dance floor was full all night! Everyone raved about the music and he really did meet our expectations. Lastly, Mattie was able to cut and take out one of the verses of our first dance song to play exactly how we wanted it- the week of the wedding! He was professional, fun, responsive, and surprisingly affordable!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I attended a wedding earlier in the year where DJ Mattie Fresh was the DJ and the music was on point. We had already booked DJ Mattie for our wedding and never had any doubts in his abilities but attending the wedding (before ours) just confirmed what we already knew. He was very attentive, and made sure everything went smoothly. He's very polite and professional! I would recommend DJ Mattie Fresh in a heartbeat!! Thanks for making our day that much more special!!! A+++

Profile Picture Jacqueline , 8/13/16, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Kelsey, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Mattie Fresh is the best MC around! The information/input he gathered before the wedding ensured that the music he played all night matched us to a T! The dance floor was packed all night long and he kept the energy of the crowd up with his amazing MC skills! We can't thank you enough for making our special day such a blast!

Profile Picture User4830830, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I picked up DJ Mattie Fresh's card at a friend's wedding as we were so impressed with how he worked the crowd and conducted the evening. When we were looking for a DJ, we made a few contacts and ultimately chose Mattie Fresh. He was a true pleasure to work with. What's even better is that not only is he a fantastic DJ, he is just as great as an emcee! From booking, to questions, to last minute adjustments, he was just awesome. Our guests were raving about how awesome the music was, and he had a great mix going to keep everyone on the dance floor. If you're looking for a fantastic DJ and Emcee, Mattie is your guy!

Profile Picture Kris, 4/30/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

I had previously attended a wedding in which DJ Mattie had provided the DJing services for. I knew then, even before I was engaged, that I wanted DJ Mattie to be the DJ for my wedding. From the time I first made contact to inquire about the services, until the end of my event, it was a pleasure to work with DJ Mattie and his assistant that handled the booking. He used a questionnaire that more than adequately gathered information from my husband and me about what our preferences were for the reception music. He used our input and created a fabulous mix of music for the cocktail hour and reception. DJ Mattie did an excellent job of emceeing the night for the various events (cake cutting, first dance, etc.) His music created such a fun atmosphere for our reception! Throughout the night, he touched base with us to be sure that everything was meeting our expectations and to check-in. Every single component of the services he provided was exceptional. I feel confident that I could have provided DJ Mattie no input on the music and it still would've been an amazing atmosphere. Since my wedding, I've had guests comment on the spectacular job that the DJ did. I'm attending a wedding this summer that DJ Mattie will be DJing and cannot wait to experience his work!

Profile Picture Melody, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Best DJ ever!!!! He played the perfect mix of music to keep my entire wedding reception on the dance floor. He was super responsive and helpful because I couldn't make a decision on a lot of the music but he knew exactly what to play. I can't say enough good things about him . He was professianal,fun,energetic and kept the party going!!!! Thank you for an amazing reception DJ Mattie Fresh
-Melissa and Mike 3/26/16

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mattie was such a great DJ to work with! He really understood the type of music we wanted played for our wedding reception. Mattie is awesome at feeling out what the crowd is into and keeps everyone up and dancing. We received so many compliments about the music and Mattie made sure to check in with us throughout the night. Would definitely recommend Mattie as a DJ, he helped make our wedding a perfect night!

Profile Picture User4744846, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews