DJ Mattie Fresh Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Casey M. Married on 09/17/2021

The Best Wedding DJ (Seriously)

I cannot recommend Mattie enough. Mattie was absolutely fantastic at our wedding! We received countless compliments from our guests about Mattie. Mattie remembered everything I told him during our pre-wedding call and even replayed some songs that we missed while taking pictures. Our guests wanted to him to keep playing all night, and he even gave us two extra songs (one after he had already shut down... I mean he seriously is the best). He had the best energy and was constantly checking on us to make sure that we were happy with everything and had everything we needed. If you are looking for a wedding DJ, look no further -- you will not be disappointed with DJ Mattie Fresh!
  • Christa
    Christa W. Married on 09/10/2021

Great DJ !!

Mattie was great- he was very accommodating and checked in with us throughout the wedding to make sure all our needs were met. He even let my son check out his DJ equipment. He is very personable and it was a great experience. Don’t hesitate to hire him!
  • Jena
    Jena F. Married on 07/10/2021

Perfect!

Matt was amazing for us! He did everything we asked him and more! Our dance floor was PACKED the entire night! He played all of our requested songs and more! He also ran the sequence of events nicely! We needed audio in many areas - inside, outside dance floor, ceremony, cocktail hour - and he handled the transitions seamlessly. You NEED Matt as your wedding DJ!! He was so responsive and kind leading up to the event :)
  • Brooke
    Brooke B. Married on 06/18/2021

Best Night Ever!

Mattie Fresh was the best ever! He was very responsive while we were in the planning stages and the day of the wedding was able to adjust on the fly for some crowd requests. From the very first song to the very last song played, everyone was on their feet dancing and smiling. Mattie would check up on me and my husband periodically to make sure everything was going alright and to see if we needed anything. We told Mattie that a DJ was one of the most important vendors to us and he surely did not disappoint
    Kelsey B. Married on 11/11/2020

Dance party!

DJ Mattie Fresh helped keep everyone moving and shaking! The whole process with Mattie was easy-going and focused on what we wanted most out of our big day. With his DJ questionnaire, he allowed us to take as much or little ownership on music selection and vibe we'd like. Further, we were 100% confident in Mattie's ability to gauge the room and play what was called for at any moment. We ultimately used Mattie for ceremony sound, cocktail hour and the reception which showed his capability and versatility to handle all our wedding sounds seamlessly!
  • Erica
    Erica M. Married on 09/12/2020

Wonderful experience working with Mattie

I would highly recommend DJ Mattie fresh! He did my sisters wedding 5 years ago and now mine. Despite everything going on with covid he was there and flexible with my venue change. He is very personable and did an awesome job with the music! I didn’t need to give him recommendations on what to play just gave him ideas of what I liked and he took it into his hands from there. All of the guest danced all night and all my friends were commenting on how great the music was! I would highly recommend DJ Mattie fresh!!
    The W. Married on 04/11/2020

Evergreen DJ

We had a blast! Thank you so much! 10 out of 10!
  • Dilsia
    Dilsia M. Married on 03/10/2020

Fantastic Music and Super Responsive

If there was one thing we knew right away when we got engaged it was that we would have DJ Mattie Fresh as our DJ during the big day! We knew a handful of couples that used him and we knew we wanted him as well. Very responsive to all emails, various ways to pay, and has a meeting with the couple a few weeks before the big day Mattie went above and beyond when helping us select music and he even made a custom song for us since we wanted to cut out a minute from the middle of our first dance song. We took comfort in knowing that he is a very experienced wedding DJ and knew how to read a crowd. He did just that during our October wedding and our guests danced the night away! He is very professional and came with all the needed equipment. Do not hesitate to book!
  • Ryan
    Ryan C. Married on 11/09/2019

Professional, Charismatic, Great Music Selection, and Top-Quality Equipment

DJ Mattie truly saved our wedding from disaster! Our original DJ cancelled last minute, and with just two weeks in advance to plan, Mattie put everything together for us. He even cancelled a regular gig of his so that he could make it!

When we arrived at the venue on our wedding day, Mattie was already there setting up. Throughout the entire event, he made sure to explain the plan, double-checking with us from time to time to be sure we got what we wanted in terms of layout, song selection, etc.
    Every musical transition, from cocktail hour to the final dance party, was flawless. He also did an excellent job of introducing everyone at dinner and prior to their speeches.

I really can’t say enough good things about Mattie, and if you’re on the fence about it, take my advice and book him today. You won’t regret it! Money well spent on great memories from the DJ.
    Alyson Married on 10/12/2019

Dj mattie is the best!

Look no further for a wedding DJ! Mattie is truly the BEST!! He kept perfect flow of the night and kept the dance floor PACKED the whole reception! He checked on us frequently throughout the night to ask if we ever needed anything. He’s flexible, reliable, professional and really cares about his couples! We can’t thank Mattie enough for making our reception such a blast! HIGHLY recommend!!
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 08/03/2019

Perfect DJ!

Matt really took the time to get to know my fiancé and I. He asked great questions that really allowed us to provide as much or as little detail in our music selection. He also had great suggestions himself! He really kept the party going and we are so grateful he was a part of our day!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn Married on 07/13/2019

Don’t Look Elsewhere! The BEST!

We are so happy DJ Mattie Fresh was our wedding DJ! He definitely knows how to get a party started. No one wanted to leave the dance floor for 6 hours - he is THAT good! He made our wedding day that much better. I recommend him to anyone that is looking for a DJ no matter the event. He will not disappoint!
  • Trish
    Trish M. Married on 06/29/2019

Easy, fun, stress free and energetic

DJ Matty Fresh was hands down the best dj I have ever experienced. He was flexible, read the crowd, played everything and my husband and I have a super wide variety of taste in music. He was worth every penny. I would highly recommend him over and over again.
    Justin J. Married on 05/26/2019

First class DJ!

We are so fortunate to have DJ Mattie Fresh at our wedding. His communication and engagement leading up to the wedding eased a lot of our anxiety. So many of our guests complimented our DJ. Matt did a great job and is a big reason why we were so happy with our wedding experience!
    Tracey Married on 05/10/2019

Best DJ around

We hired DJ Mattie Fresh on the recommendation of a friend and we are so glad we did! We had such a fun wedding in Annapolis and Matt played a huge part in the energy of our reception, everyone had a blast and our guests kept telling us it was the funnest wedding they have ever been to. Matt is easy to work with, coordinated well with our officiant to give us flawless ceremony music, and he played the best music for our age group and kept our guests dancing. I HIGHLY recommend DJ Mattie Fresh for any event you need DJ services, top notch and professional!!
    Rebecca Married on 04/27/2019

I danced so hard I had to take off work Monday

I booked Mattie because he DJed one of my bridesmaids’ weddings that was fantastic. Four years later and I was not disappointed in the least. This photo was taken at 7:25pm, dance floor overflowing and this is what it looked like until after the lights came on pretty much. There was something for everyone so we got the generations together without losing momentum. We are make plans to go where he DJs regularly because it was that fun. Mattie and his assistant are very professional and did absolutely everything I asked for. Thank you so much! Most lit wedding ever.
    Stephanie Married on 11/02/2018

Mrs. Steph Jones

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Mattie was so easy going and flexible. He had such a great selection of songs already and definitely knows what he's doing. I've known Mattie since college and he has NEVER failed with bringing awesome beats to any event! He made our wedding dance party outstanding and would recommend him 100% every time! Also, EXTREMELY reasonably priced! Don't look elsewhere!
  • Lisa
    Lisa G. Married on 10/18/2018

DJ Mattie Fresh is the best

There is no reason to hire anyone else! His price point is veeeerry good, his response time is quick, he needs very little direction, and everything was amazing. I'm so grateful we booked him for our wedding. Do yourself a favor and book him too because he absolutely overdelivers!
    Brittney Married on 09/29/2018

Best Wedding DJ EVER

DJ Mattie Fresh was beyond amazing and made my “most epic dance party” dream come true for our wedding! My husband and I like a mix of music and he had it all! Matt was so responsive and helpful. We weren’t sure what type of music to play for cocktail hour or dinner, he suggested a few different playlists he had and it went perfect. Guests of all different ages were complimenting our DJ. We got married in Ocean City, MD so he was even willing to travel. Hire this amazing DJ, you will regret it if you don’t!
    Megan Married on 09/22/2018
    Mattie was THE BEST!!! He has been "on the scene" for a long time now and knows what he is doing. He really took into consideration our song list we provided and added songs that mixed perfectly with our vibe. All ages loved the music he played and the dance floor was LIT the whole night! He never missed a beat with announcements and the reception timeline. Very punctual and catered to the bridal party's needs and requests. If you want the best and are nervous about booking the "right" DJ- look no further.
    Vivi Married on 07/28/2018
    SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME AND EFFORT OF LOOKING FOR A DJ AND BOOK MATT ASAP! He was our BEST vendor --most responsive, professional, and willing to go above and beyond to make our day how we envisioned. Any email, call, or text, Matt responded right away and knew exactly what I was talking about and/or quickly caught on to my requests or questions because he was informed and knows very well what he is doing. He really put effort into getting to know us as a couple through his questionnaire and our music requests. He provides you with a quick and easy-to-read "DJ Mattie Fact Sheet" which I often referred back to while planning and really appreciated him providing an easy way to give us information on his services. Not only was he amazing prior to wedding day --which is so important-- he delivered 100% on the day-of. Our dance floor was unlike any dance floor I've ever been a part of (and I know I may be a little biased because it was my wedding) but we are continuously getting compliments that our dance floor was incredible and so much fun.

DJ Mattie was able to play most of our requests and in addition, he was lively, fun and knew what to do to get the crowd involved and going. In addition, DJ Mattie checked in with us throughout the wedding (the appropriate amount of checking-in) to keep the timeline and MC-ing going to our liking. We are incredibly happy with our decision of booking DJ Mattie. He is experienced, professional, responsive, timely, kind, a good time, and just awesome!
    Katherine Married on 06/16/2018
    DJ Mattie Fresh went above and beyond for our wedding! After filling out our preference form we were able to set up a conference call with him to make sure that he would meet all of our expectations in every way. He played all of the music that we requested, listened to the guests, and really got the whole wedding to the dance floor. He was so flexible and worked with our needs the entire night! He was a great announcer and overall helped with the flow of our wedding reception. He is a great value for the money and an awesome guy to work with! Would defiantly recommend!
    Sandy Married on 03/31/2018
    I cannot put into words how AMAZING DJ mattie Fresh is!!! From the get go I could tell that he was exactly the right person for us! He's so easy to work with and really cares and pay attention to what you want and has great ideas and suggestions to make your ideas even better. When it came to the actually wedding day he blew us away!!!! He really is so professional and courteous yet also knows how to get the party going! My friends are all still talking about how amazing our music was and I literally had the best time of my life because of him! Please do yourself a favor and book DJ Mattie Fresh because he completely takes the stress away when thinking about your wedding music and you will have the best night of your life!!!
    Joelle Married on 11/11/2017
    Matt DJ'd our wedding in November and he was amazing!! He was very professional and worked with us to make sure our wedding was everything we wanted! I didn't have to worry at all the whole night about what was going on, he followed the timeline perfectly and played all the songs we had requested. All of our guests raved about how much fun they had dancing all night! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a fun and awesome DJ!
    Christina Married on 10/21/2017
    DJ Mattie is amazing!!!! I was so happy he was able to be the DJ at my wedding last weekend. He was also the DJ at my oldest sisters wedding and everyone raved about him. He is very good with coordinating/transitioning all the events throughout the night and kept everyone dancing. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!