Dj Magic Mike Reviews

39 | San Antonio, TX

39 Reviews for Dj Magic Mike

Angie · event on 07/20/2013

Mike, thank you for being the best of the best!!
    I would definitely recommend you!!! Thank you for flexibility; you are AWESOME!! If you ever need a recommendation, please let me know

Dj Magic Mike's reply:

It was awesome meeting you at the San Antonio Garden Center. Thank you so much for putting your trust in me. I had a lot of fun and all your guests were awesome! Thanks for the soda when I was setting up and sweating so much! lol! It really helped...

Mike was a huge help at our wedding! His entire set up looked great, and we received many compliments about it from our guests. He was extremely flexible with the timing (never quite the way you plan it) and worked well with the photographer, servers, etc. He was very attentive to our needs and made sure any unexpected changes went through us first. He really worked hard to ensure a great time for everyone and to keep us & the party on schedule. He also gave us a great deal for the time rendered. I would definitely check him out if you are looking for an affordable & professional DJ.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Veronica · Married on 06/15/2013

My husband and I just tied the knot this past summer! From start to finish Dj Magic Mike did an outstanding job! He was so professional, outgoing and had great energy! We were absolutely satisfied and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to have a Dj for their event! We couldn't be any more pleased with his work!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Hoda · Married on 05/24/2013

DJ Magic Mike was wonderful. He returned my phone calls and emails promptly and offered helpful suggestions. He made our ceremony and reception very cohesive and smooth. We would not have had an organized wedding without Mike. He played requests from our guests immediately and kept the party going. He was professional yet fun. I could not be happier. He played a huge role in making our wedding perfect

Dj Magic Mike's reply:

Thank you guys so much! I really loved performing and making your special day one to remember! God bless you and your family!

Andrew · Married on 12/14/2013

Wow! Mike was amazing! We had a really hectic time leading up to the wedding and that meant that I was always late getting information to Mike. He ran with everything I threw his way! He was extremely flexible and really took over the whole night in terms of planning and making sure everything went the way we wanted. I did not give him much to work with but he definitely made it work anyway. He was also very reasonably priced and for the amount of work and service he put into our wedding, he was more than worth it. If anyone is looking for a great, well rounded, fantastic DJ at a great price, contact Magic Mike!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Sara · Married on 12/14/2013

Mike was a fantastic DJ and he worked well with what we gave him (we didn't completely fill out the itenerary). The only thing that is worth mentioning is the correct version of the song for our first dance and the mother/son dance was wrong. We brushed it off and enjoyed the evening with his amazing ability to play music that suited us. Great job!

Sent on 02/04/2014

Lorri · event on 06/01/2013

Magic Mike was extremely helpful and made my daughters Sweet 16 come alive with Music and Fun. I will be using him again and recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/14/2015

4.2
      3.5

Mike was the one I had been dealing with the entire time but I knew he was not available the day of my wedding. He was great! I worked on a timeline as requested but the dj we got ended up changing everything. No big deal but this is why I asked to make revisions PRIOR to the wedding. I'm extremely OCD and anal so this was kind of frowned upon. Anyway after that everything seemed to be going smoothly until they announced us. He called my maid of honor "matron" of honor twice and I know it bothered her which bothered me. Then he called me Samantha, twice! My name is Stephanie lol. My husband's cousin went up to him and corrected him because they were getting a little tipsy and not appreciating the fact that he couldn't remember the name written on the paper in front of him.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Gloria · Married on 08/03/2013

4.2
      3.0

Overall the experience was good. Although most of the music we had selected on our playlist prior to the event was not played during the reception.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Dj Magic Mike's reply:

Sorry about that guys. I will strive to do better next time..thank you for letting me know..i do hope the party rocked though....many blessings to you and yours! DJ Magic Mike.....sometimes as a DJ you have to choose between music and what makes the crowd go wild...forgive me....i only strive to make sure your guest leave with the best night they can have...which after all its what they remember...

ashly · Married on 06/07/2014

0.5

I am sorry to say but we were VERY disappointed with the service that was provided. Where do I begin - NOTHING played out as listed on the timeline, from what I believe the DJ had printed out 2 different timelines? No idea how that happened but it all just went down hill from there. My husband and I kept being ask what we wanted to do next ... Isn't that the reason why we created a time line? I was not able to enjoy my wedding day because of all the mix up. I had guest complain that they were not able to request a song because the DJ kept saying "there is a long list of songs that have been requested" but when one of his colleague requested a song, he was very quick to play the song. Let's just say it was a total mess! The photo booth kept breaking down MULTIPLE times. Absolutely disappointed!

Side note: Mike was amazing, he was available at all times and helped piece together the missing pieces I had to plan my wedding (we did not hire a wedding planner). I believe if Mike was the DJ at our wedding, things would have played out a whole lot smoother than it did ...

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • I

irene · Married on 05/03/2014

3.0

brought a photo booth was promised a CD and told the next week the equipment was working. Unacceptable. Also, disregarded many written requests for use in the reception. The Ceremony, however, was great.

Sent on 08/09/2014

Colby · Married on 11/09/2013

3.5

Their DJ website was very difficult to use. It constantly erased our timeline of events, wedding party info, song requests, and details of the event. We were asked to upload customized playlists which we spent as great deal of time on only to not get many of the songs requested played. Overall the music played was decent but it seemed like every other wedding I'd ever been to as far as the music went. We wanted our music to fit our personalities. There were a lot of typical "wedding songs" and dance music. I rarely heard the DJ's voice being getting involved with the crowd and the excitement was only created by the guests. (not by the DJ).

They did do the lighting and did a fantastic job with that. We got a lot of compliments on the set up and special effects.

Sent on 02/11/2014

2.8
      2.0

Mike was very communicative. However, when the contract time begins, music needs to begin. Our contract began at 5pm. Mike did arrive way before time scheduled which was a plus. But our guests were arriving and music had not begun because he was taking a smoke. Our music for our timeline was played incorrectly. Our introduction song was played for our court and the wedding planner told him it was incorrect but to leave it so it would look like it was as planned. Mike cut the song and played the intended song originally planned for court and replayed the song for us as well. It sounded like a mess. Mind you, Mike does try to get the guests motivated. However, it was not wise of him to be making comments to guests about the bride was hard to satisfy because as one might understand, it is her one special day. Also, guests would come to tell me (the bride). Overall, I was pretty disappointed. I had read great reviews and as an employee, like I said, is very communicative and makes you feel he has it under control. Maybe he was having a bad day. If you sign up with him, I hope he has a better day than he had at our wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2015

D · event on 06/22/2013

0.0

Mike hit the nail on the head with the whole event. He kept the party going . My expectations were exceeded and he really listened to our wants for our class reunion

Dj Magic Mike's reply:

Thank you so much!!!! Anytime! I just wish you would have filled out the "stars" ratings....lol! It's ok